Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

don longjohns posted:

I am not a lawyer or even good at laws, but Japan has different laws than the US. One of my former students said it is illegal there to lie to someone you want to date about something they might find distasteful. This was in a discussion of new laws to protect burakumin/untouchables and their children (the student brought it up).

That guy is probably hosed since in Japan they can hold you in interrogation for literal days, not just 24 hours, and try to make you confess. Their police are less brutal than American cops, which makes them slightly less dystopian, but they are worse at the investigation part of their job and they generally are useless if they can't get a confession.

There was a AUS goon who was growing and selling weed in Japan who kept getting arrested and would just refuse to cooperate and they had to let him go. They eventually deported him after the 2nd or 3rd time just because.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Maybe they're just really bad at singing. I base this on: 1) you have to be complete rear end or not show up at all to be rejected from middle school choir. I know this because I was in it. 2) bad sound has negative physiological effects on the listener.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

AITA for singing songs that I made up?

I would definitely go insane if I was stuck at home all day with the OP. Just reading her post was annoying enough.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

AITA for calling my friends accent “annoying and fake”?

There should be a category on AITA for 'NTA, but you're an idiot'.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Quackles posted:

There should be a category on AITA for 'NTA, but you're an idiot'.

No, still an rear end in a top hat. Insulting someone over how they talk because of something they read "somewhere" and can't be bothered to even confirm?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

the pandemic has taken a real toll on the belcher family, huh

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

quote:

That really hurt to hear, so I burst into tears at the same time I started to sing: “Owww-owow, that rea-llyyy hurt my fee-eelings!”
Lmao

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Just found out my(22F) boyfriend(24M) doesn't wash his dick for two weeks after the last time we have sex before being apart for a while.

quote:

So we've been together for together for almost 2 years, of which he has studied abroad for the majority of the time. He regularly comes back to visit and stayed during the whole summer, so I estimate he has made around 10 trips (this will be important later). It's not too far so corona wasn't a problem and he even got to stay here longer because of it. So far, our relationship has been everything I've ever wanted, completely magical, and I love him with all my heart.

However, while we were facetiming last night he casually mentioned that he doesn't wash his dick after the last time we have sex before he leaves. According to him, he likes to 'have me on him' for as long as possible. This kinda freaked me out, our communication together has been top notch and I've always found him to be a completely reasonable person. He is otherwise very clean, for example showering twice a day when he is with me. I also double-checked and it was not a joke.

I am not sure what to do... Should I confront him about it, since it is a completely disgusting thing to do, or should I let it go, because it doesn't really affect me, and I don't want to make a fuss since he is otherwise completely perfect.

TL;DR

Boyfriend doesn't wash dick for two weeks in order to keep a part of me with him when he's away

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
How did she confirm it? “Are you serious?” “....Yes” “Disgusting!”

Scaevolus
Apr 16, 2007

Give him a stinky hoodie, it will last longer.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Scaevolus posted:

Give him a stinky hoodie, it will last longer.

Weird thing to call foreskins, but ok

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

He said yes. That really hurt to hear, so I burst into tears at the same time I started to sing: “Owww-owow, that rea-llyyy hurt my fee-eelings!”

I’m in love with this woman.

Also, wedding singer lol.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
You know, my friend works with social services and has seen a huge uptick in domestic violence since the pandemic started. I'm wondering why we haven't seen more murders, unless that will come out in a few years when some yards have very nice grass compared to their neighbors' own. I know just being in the house for a day with someone without any alone time can make anyone start to snap when you cannot escape them.

AITA For Getting Pissed at My Vice President?

quote:

I’m president of the class, and we have to organize the prom. I’ve been chosen to be the president, and people say I’m a good leader, but I’m not very aggressive, I’m much more passive, but I still make sure things get done. This will come into play later. I’ve been president of the class helping organize fundraisers all year to get the money for prom, and doing things of that sort. Everything was all right until the organizing of prom began.

This has been a stressful few weeks for me, because I want to make sure everything is in order. We had to help the prom servers dance, and my VP, I’ll call him Mark took charge of that. I thought it was nice, considering I’m terrible at dancing, and I helped in my own ways by knowledge mentally and getting the music organized. So far not bad.

But then organizing prom came, I was ready for it, and apparently so was Mark as he would go on to order people to do things, and apparently become the chief leader despite me being the president. You see, my idea of leading is to group the people on the projects they seem best at, and more or less let them decide what goes where, with some exceptions. Since Mark is a bit more assertive and takes a more aggressive approach by ordering people to do things, our sponsor seemed to think he was in charge, and he was told information I felt I was obligated to know, since I’m trying to lead people in the right direction. People would always go to him, not me.

It became almost a competition between us, and when I told him to go do something, he got pissed and told me I don’t have the authority to be telling him to do things. I was like what the hell, I’m president? And he basically said he was in charge, and he was the one above me. People noticed this and I was both angry and very sad. Whenever I say something he always has to like “confirm it” as if it really comes down his choice. I hate that and I’ve been mentally fighting that all week.

AITA? And would I be one if I confronted him? Some of the work he’s done is great, but I feel he’s hijacked my position and has kinda gone on a power trip. They chose me to be president, not him. I really just wanna know, because I feel terrible if I would be getting mad at him for leading, but deep down inside I feel it’s gone too far.

Only really posted for the title.

Since when do class presidents do anything though?

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

Honestly I applaud him for lasting as long as he did.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

loving lol at the British accent being extinct and the entire nation puts on that accent just to gently caress with Americans. I really want to know if she thinks the actusl accent they use is an American one or something else.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

Since when do class presidents do anything though?
Fundraising and managing the song list for prom is the exact kind of task that usually does go to class presidents - something that matters to the students but is irrelevant to everyone else.

It’s a way to make students feel like their voice matters without giving them actual power.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

limp_cheese posted:

loving lol at the British accent being extinct and the entire nation puts on that accent just to gently caress with Americans. I really want to know if she thinks the actusl accent they use is an American one or something else.

Maybe he’s a traditionalist and believes the old English that developed into American English is correct

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

vonnegutt posted:

Wait, why is that illegal?

The common law calls it "theft by deception" idk what japan is prosecuting him under

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Hey Marco, I got a song for ya!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZrj_REmwlU&t=44s

Sit on it, potsie!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

lol

related lol when looking for that one

U wot m8? u 'arvin' a laff?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Post Ironic Cereal posted:

Honestly I applaud him for lasting as long as he did.

Seriously. I'm a vocalist and consider myself a fairly musical person and I would break things off after like, two weeks of that poo poo

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Found video of the accent OP talking to the friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGuGzH3Ne5w

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
AITA for erupting in anger over food?

quote:

I(25) pay rent to my mom. My sister(23) does not. She pays for food instead but claims nobody can eat it but her, her boyfriend(23) who is also staying rent free, and my mom.

My mom does not buy food.

I have a disability and cannot work so everyone blames me for that.

If I eat food my sister spins up an argument. "Did you pay for that?"

I respond with "Are you paying rent?" She responds with "Did you pay when you were my age? I will when I'm your age."

She can so easily get everyone on her side and cut me off whenever I try to speak until I'm fuming with anger and erupt into a yelling match.

I log my food I eat. I've ate maybe $40-70 of food.

She claims I should pay every cent I make from my disability to pay for food.

They make a massive mess every day with meals and tell me I should contribute with cleaning up despite not eating any of it.

They try to tell me I'm eating $1000 in food each month.

This erupts into a huge back and forth yelling match until everyone is against me telling me that if I wasn't paying rent they'd make more claiming me as a dependent.

I have Asperger, I'm Bipolar with severe anxiety, I have ADHD, and OCD. I'm receiving ODSP.

They tell me I don't contribute enough, that I should just deal with the disabilities and figure it out like everybody else.

Today it blew up so much everyone wants me to leave. I'm clearly a burden to them and I agree I should probably leave, but I have no idea what to do.

Edit: That was highly unexpected for my sister to respond, but cathartic to get that off my chest. I'll find somewhere else to live.

quote:

YTA. You’re missing the a lot there.

You scream at us every day, you literally screamed for hours because your ear hurt. You don’t have a discussion, you just scream at us. You stand in the kitchen and scream while we try to talk to you, and you do not get out of our face. You throw temper tantrums like a toddler. You literally whipped a water bottle at us today and you were hitting the cupboards, trying to break them too.

Yes, you have a disability, but that doesn’t stop you from cleaning up after yourself and doing your own dishes. Yes the kitchen is a mess, but you’ve never cleaned a single thing in your life, we clean the kitchen. It’s not like we make a mess then make you clean it up, we always clean up after ourselves and after you. You sleep during the day when we make food, and that makes dishes. Then you’re up all night eating everything. You eat piles of cheese, do you even know how much a bag of cheese costs? You go through a few of them a week.

You leave cupboard doors open, the microwave open, the freezer open, and when anyone asks you to close it, you scream at us. You leave your window wide open all winter, then scream at us when we ask you to close it because you’re wasting heat.

You pay rent and do absolutely nothing to help anyone or anything. You make a mess then blame it on everyone else. You have never cleaned up after yourself. Everyone is sick of cleaning up after you. No other landlord in the world will supply you food, do your dishes, wash all the towels you use, pay your utilities, internet, and drive you around. You also never, ever thank anyone for taking you to town or buying you food. Ever.

I pay for food, not because I want to, but because mom cannot afford it. I don’t pay rent because I’m 22. You just started paying rent in October, at the age of 24. Before then you’ve been living rent free, you’ve never paid for food, utilities, anything. I’ve been paying for food and house supplies since I was 20. I do not need to be supporting you when you have an income.

You keep saying you found apartments that will pay for your food and utilities for $400 a month and we’re telling you to move there. You refuse to move out even though you said you have a bunch of places to go to. Mom even offered to help move you.

You stress everyone out by screaming at us, not cleaning up after yourself, and by causing problems. The argument today was because you ate the one thing I went out and bought yesterday for myself. You could have literally ate anything else but you ate the one thing I went out specifically to buy.

You’re the rear end in a top hat, you’re only telling a tiny portion of the story.

Also, you’re 25. Grow up.

Edited to add he’s only on ODSP because our mom made him. He didn’t want to get any money because before that (prior to October 2020) our mom was supporting him 100%.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I like these because it reminds us that we spend hours taking OP at face value and frequently don’t have obvious tells into their omissions.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

kimbo305 posted:

I like these because it reminds us that we spend hours taking OP at face value and frequently don’t have obvious tells into their omissions.
I dunno, taking "erupting in anger over food" at face value makes the OP seem like a piece of poo poo, even before all the other rather obvious tells in the post. There definitely are OPs who are good at masking who they are to get the internet's support, but this person isn't one of them.

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.
As far as I'm concerned, anyone who makes a point of mentioning how calmly or rationally they were means they were totally the rear end in a top hat.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

artsy fartsy posted:

Usually that cocktail mix of conditions and "I cant work" sets off the bullshit detector immediately.

There's tons of people who struggle with anxiety, depression, OCD, bipolar, aspergers, ADHD etc and still manage to work a job. Getting to the point where your brain worms are a disability is either extreme, heavily medicated and regular doctor visits level, or just a lazy piece of poo poo clinging to a possibly fake diagnosis to ever avoid any hardship.

Not everyone can overcome their emotional demons, but its not a blank check to just give up on making an effort either.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for telling my crush she has “exotic” looks?

quote:

My crush and I often game together and we text a lot as well as use discord.

Earlier this week we were hanging out irl and she was in a playful mood and (mildly) hitting on me. At one point she said that I’m “cute” - I complimented her too and said that I’m really into her exotic looks. For the record she’s multiracial (Black, Japanese and Swedish).

She immediately rolled her eyes and replied “I’m gonna pretend I didn’t hear that”. I asked her why and she sighed and said that calling someone “exotic” is not a compliment. I asked her why again and she said that it’s a “problematic” term because I’m assuming that White is the default. She went on to say that I would be considered exotic in many parts of the world so it’s a useless way to describe someone anyway. I laughed because I’m a blonde blue eyed dude - not exactly exotic.

The conversation ended abruptly after that because she said she had to go. She has been slow to my respond to my texts ever since and we haven’t really played either. It was only a few days ago when I considered that she might be upset because I called her exotic. She’s very attractive so I do feel like she’s being petty when I was just praising her looks.

So am I the AH in this situation?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Willow posted:

"Allow me to exactly demonstrate your point!"

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Evil Willow posted:

lol, gave the dude multiple chances to save himself and he blew right past each one

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Really committed to doubling down on his mistakes, ain't he.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

artsy fartsy posted:

Not discounting the brother's assholeishness, but doesn't qualifying for disability automatically qualify you for other benefits in a lot of states? And if not he almost certainly could with his income anyway. The sister says he was resistant to signing up for benefits in the first place but forcing him to get food stamps might do some good for a family where money is obviously tight.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Making up fake songs girl sounds awesome and NTA. A real life Linda Beltcher lol

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

artsy fartsy posted:

this is like that Location is Everything episode of Documentary Now!, where the dude is telling a story and it keeps cutting to the people he's telling the story about and the actual version of events

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Moola posted:

Making up fake songs girl sounds awesome and NTA. A real life Linda Beltcher lol

Yeah, this was my household growing up. We did it often enough that we could predict each other's rhyming choices and sing together.

Scared the poo poo out of my friends.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

pentyne posted:

There's tons of people who struggle with anxiety, depression, OCD, bipolar, aspergers, ADHD etc and still manage to work a job. Getting to the point where your brain worms are a disability is either extreme, heavily medicated and regular doctor visits level, or just a lazy piece of poo poo clinging to a possibly fake diagnosis to ever avoid any hardship.

Yeah poo poo drives me up a wall

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA For Telling My Mother That She's Nuts for Charging Money for Gifts She Gives?

quote:

My Mother used to buy good expensive gifts for family and friends, but recently started complaining about how they don't want gifts or anything from her. I told her it's because she asks them to pay her for the gifts she got them.

She chewed me out saying that asking 100% of money back for her gifts was reasonable. I told her that a gift is given for FREE, and that a gift is given out of the kindness you have. She told me that I don't know what I'm talking about and that I'm just stupid.

I know from experience that she does this because she bought me an iPhone X, brand new and she got it when the iPhone 11 was hitting the market. I got flak from people for not having the newest phone but I didn't care. It was so much better than my 2013 Flip Phone, so they could talk and bitch all they want. I was happy.

Then it came, the bill for my new phone. Mom hands me a bill for $847.67, I asked what it was for. She said that because I'm enjoying her "gift" so much that I should pay her back for it. Why the heck should anyone who gets a gift from her have to pay her back every penny she spent on it?

It's probably why most of her friends and even our own family don't accept any gifts from her. Because who charges a 4 year old girl (my littlest cousin) $67.34 dollars for a kid's drawing studio (that small one that folds down to the size of a suitcase) on Christmas?

I think she's nuts for that, so does most of her friends and even most of our family. She just told me that I'm listening to others opinions about her and how I need to be loyal to her and believe her. I don't and she yells at me constantly about how I'm a disgrace to her, get away from her, how I betrayed her, to not even talk/look at her, to get out of her house, etc, etc... AITA for this?

Edit: Thanks everyone for the feed back, I thought that I was the A**hole in this. This question got asked and here’s the answer.

The question was “Does she pay people back for the gifts she receives, it is this a rule for me but not for thee?”

The answer, No. She doesn’t pay anyone back, she just accepts the gift and that’s it, but anything from her is like dealing with the devil, where something must be given in return...

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

pentyne posted:

Usually that cocktail mix of conditions and "I cant work" sets off the bullshit detector immediately.

Not everyone can overcome their emotional demons, but its not a blank check to just give up on making an effort either.
This is true, but a lot of people are in environments where either people are actively dragging them down from making an effective effort because they should just be able to 'willpower' through it, or don't have options available/don't know they have options available because of poo poo going on. In the USA alone, Reagan heavily slashed mental health care budgets using the logic that new pharmaceutical advances had made out-patient treatment a more viable option for more people than in-patient treatment, but then failing to fund the out-patient treatment centers needed to handle that switch. To even get on disability for mental health issues involves a lot of jumping through hoops that are purposefully made smaller and harder to get through because it's worth leaving people in need if you can stop a hypothetical lazy piece of poo poo scammer, right? And it's not always better in other countries.

I also sort of object to the idea that a disability needs to be disabling someone from working, even though it's completely relevant to the post we're discussing. I've got anxiety, depression, and autism and I work full time, but I'm also still disabled, I just don't need to be on disability. It's a spectrum! And there's a lot of mental health issues you can't just heavily medicate away, either, even if psychiatric drugs are way better than they used to be. Sometimes even something as 'common' as depression can be medication-resistant, and then you start getting into people who are in a real bad state and don't see any viable end to their situation because the brain drugs that help other people just make them feel worse.

OP sounds like a poo poo who needs to be looking into what other resources he has access to at his point, though. I fully believe working on getting healthier or even just getting by can be a 'full-time job', but if he's spoiling food and screaming constantly he needs to make improving that his goal.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Evil Willow posted:

AITA For Telling My Mother That She's Nuts for Charging Money for Gifts She Gives?

quote:

Elzar: Well, I enjoyed cooking for you. And to make everything completely square, I want you to have these complimentary after-dinner chocolates.
Hermes: What's this under the chocolates?
Elzar: Yeah, you take care of that whenever you want.
Amy: A bill?
Leela: You're charging us? After you blinded me?
Elzar: Hey, I made you a nice meal. This ain't a charity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

I hope this post is what OP needs to finish the process of thing I thought was normal is hosed up and weird-> there are many other hosed up things I didn't realize I was dealing with-> I don't have to deal with the hosed up person ever again.

Or her mom falls into a vat of boiling acid.