Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Starting off the mega pubbie townhall with such a full-stop quote means that phorde has effectively taken their proverbial goalposts and strapped them to the evacuation rocket as auxiliary boosters to help take all their supers and titans back home. Meanwhile with Delve's open season on the invasive krab species in full swing and no more ability for capital escalation, it's only a matter of two weeks until the reptile folk of Eve are hit with an extinction-level event.

I've been saying for months that, no matter what else happens, and even if they actually destroy the Imperial Palace through some miracle, this war will only end with the destruction of TEST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Fleet formations are cool, never bothered to load friendlies and just check them out until now. Chilling in a wall on the entry gate to the 1DQ1-A pocket, feeling very "YOU SHALL NOT PASS"

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

if we aren't regularly using butte and dongue formations then i don't even want to be part of this alliance any more

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

coelomate posted:

Fleet formations are cool, never bothered to load friendlies and just check them out until now. Chilling in a wall on the entry gate to the 1DQ1-A pocket, feeling very "YOU SHALL NOT PASS"

Is this like standing fleets in finder you can just join to camp?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

MaxPowers posted:

Hi ccp, while you're reading the last couple pages could you please buff jam ships so they arent doo doo? TYVM

rip birdcage

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I've never really tried intentionally bumping so I fit out a vagabond with a 500mn (it's what my high sec alt had in their hangar) and holy hell it's fun punting an orca 50km+

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Zaradis posted:

Is this like standing fleets in finder you can just join to camp?

Nah, was just a randomly pinged corm fleet that happened to wind up in a standoff.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Zephyrine posted:

Hearing this in past tense is heart breaking.

Yeah this crap is why it's so hard for me to want to come back. The most fun in had in eve was highsec ganking and it appears to have been nerfed into oblivion

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
what i would give to go back in time to 2013 to grief highsec one more time

isboxer broadcasting hyperdunking with 7k/ms bump panthers, small grids so you can off grid freighters, they also have a third of the ehp, and you can gridline facpo

in a month i'd kill multiple trillion on my own

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/myd83s/asset_safety_shouldnt_protect_active_combatants/

Lmao

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

don't joke about that, ccp has a long history of nerfing stuff as we're benefiting from it

Kiost
Mar 22, 2021

Your heart's desire is to be told some mystery. The mystery is that there is no mystery.
The only people who want big super fights to happen at this point in the war are masochists who didn't get their fill in M2- or elsewhere.

Just bash the 1DQ Keepstars in Rokhs or Typhoons or whatever extreme long-range BS fleet we know is going to be used to hack away at it.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

buy my ragnarok

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Kiost posted:

The only people who want big super fights to happen at this point in the war are masochists who didn't get their fill in M2- or elsewhere.

Just bash the 1DQ Keepstars in Rokhs or Typhoons or whatever extreme long-range BS fleet we know is going to be used to hack away at it.

I want a big super fight because death to all supers.

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"
Please blow up everyone's supers. It's the only way to stop CCP from more loving with resource distribution.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Haven't played for a year. How is there a 1DQ last stand? It was protected by an orb of citadels and a thousand bajilion supers and the rest of EVE pretty much quit the game anyway.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

The guy that posted that thread is one of if not the biggest grr gons hat gons chodes in all of /r/eve. I don't know what goons did to piss in his wheaties, but he is really not a fan

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Smart money would be on his getting scammed at one point.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
Is it time for the reconquista yet?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

what happened here

https://zkillboard.com/kill/92420821/

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Severance looked the other way and one of the Brave made an escape from the Querious asylum.

e. the beacon's in front of the t5z Contentstar, and somehow we failed to tackle this hel the first time so he warps through the keepstar into the drag bubbles we had set up on the other side

Nyan Bread fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Apr 26, 2021

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

Dude jumped to the beacon with a hostile ferox fleet on grid lmao

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

owned

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

buy my ragnarok

Do u accept firm handshakes as payment

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Severance looked the other way and one of the Brave made an escape from the Querious asylum.

e. the beacon's in front of the t5z Contentstar, and somehow we failed to tackle this hel the first time so he warps through the keepstar into the drag bubbles we had set up on the other side

Maybe I'm stupid but that does not explain the 20% damage by a TEST keepstar. Did they DD him out of his misery or something?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Point defense, probably. It doesn't discriminate friend from foe.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
it was a DD and they were trying to kill one of our FC's

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

supersnowman posted:

Maybe I'm stupid but that does not explain the 20% damage by a TEST keepstar. Did they DD him out of his misery or something?

Keepstar doomsdays have a chain lightning effect that hits multiple targets! It picks targets to chain to in order of ship mass, with no preference for friend vs foe. So no matter who it hit in the subcap cloud around the Hel, it was destined to jump to the Hel after that.

In big fights on Keepstars, people have been known to fly Higgs-rigged Apostles alongside their super fleet to ensure that the DD jumps to those before it jumps to any supers.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
I really need to inject that levi pilot J U S T I N C A S E so I can yeet it onto grid one more time.

Insurance ran out on it. Vic hooked me up thinking I was gonna get primaried off grid in the first few minutes but they likely heard me on coms complaining about having to refit for an hour and a half just so I could target anything :D

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

ullerrm posted:

In big fights on Keepstars, people have been known to fly Higgs-rigged Apostles alongside their super fleet to ensure that the DD jumps to those before it jumps to any supers.

These need ship names like Popehat Lightning Rod or Grounding Post

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

buy my ragnarok

No point selling it to anyone outside of the Imperium apparently. PAPI might as well have zero supers since they'll never use them after M2.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Someone give me the short version of how this war happened and how its going.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Katt posted:

Someone give me the short version of how this war happened and how its going.

TEST wanted Goons to help them murder PanFam. Goons said "no". TEST asked everyone else to murder Goons. Goons now have one constellation left in Delve, but TEST and friends won't attack it because supers are now too expensive, and you can't make cash in null any more

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Is it time for the reconquista yet?

The enemy has successfully stalled the Regoonquista by refusing to even attack 1DQ and drawing the war out forever

e: if you're getting bored in between dropping on papi krabbers in Delve, join one of the many groups clowning on Legacy outside of Delve

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

what i would give to go back in time to 2013 to grief highsec one more time

isboxer broadcasting hyperdunking with 7k/ms bump panthers, small grids so you can off grid freighters, they also have a third of the ehp, and you can gridline facpo

in a month i'd kill multiple trillion on my own

2012/2013 miniluv in Uedama with powers, warr, Welsh, sixx, and others was the most fun
I ever had in Eve. That guy with 42 Plex we stalked for hours. And GOT.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

TEST wanted Goons to help them murder PanFam. Goons said "no". TEST asked everyone else to murder Goons. Goons now have one constellation left in Delve, but TEST and friends won't attack it because supers are now too expensive, and you can't make cash in null any more

So hostiles are just squatting in the rest of Delve on principle? How long has this been going on?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Katt posted:

So hostiles are just squatting in the rest of Delve on principle? How long has this been going on?

Just short of ten months. TEST owns Period Basis, BRAVE owns Querious and they are both telling their line that they really do live in Delve for real now but all of their previous space in the rest of the south is on fire after claiming they would hold all of that as well as goonspace

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009

Katt posted:

We just finished week 42 of the war, according to INN.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Just short of ten months. TEST owns Period Basis, BRAVE owns Querious and they are both telling their line that they really do live in Delve for real now but all of their previous space in the rest of the south is on fire after claiming they would hold all of that as well as goonspace

How do the likes of TEST etc managed to hold the line while living in the Imperiums backyard? Eveyrthing within 40 jumps of 1DQ used to be a scorched wasteland. Did I miss some cataclysmic betrayal event?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Katt posted:

How do the likes of TEST etc managed to hold the line while living in the Imperiums backyard? Eveyrthing within 40 jumps of 1DQ used to be a scorched wasteland. Did I miss some cataclysmic betrayal event?

PanFam and miscellaneous other pubbie groups are still around, so they massively outnumber us in Delve. As soon as the papi coalition breaks up, we can roll back the squatters in a matter of weeks. I suspect that's why the war keeps dragging on. Even if we lose, TEST still won't win. Not even going to bother talking about the other Legacy alliances, half of which have already failscaded at this point.