Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
*shoehornishly* Americans building roundabouts is cultural appropriation

https://twitter.com/OregonRolledA20/status/1386160018056093698

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Right, but only after some unspecified period of continued function I guess it’s left ambiguous but I got the sense it was supposed to be a long time of futile function. I could be misremembering I guess

p sure that's the intention, but the house is still making fresh pancakes and eggs and poo poo which it wouldn't be doing for long after the apocalypse. I think it ends up unintentional much more prescient if you assume the robot house was a deathtrap piece of poo poo that the owners had to guard constantly to keep from burning itself to the ground.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Often Abbreviated posted:

p sure that's the intention, but the house is still making fresh pancakes and eggs and poo poo which it wouldn't be doing for long after the apocalypse. I think it ends up unintentional much more prescient if you assume the robot house was a deathtrap piece of poo poo that the owners had to guard constantly to keep from burning itself to the ground.

I'm honestly more worried about the gestalt-mind house that gets the idea to defend itself from whatever digital assistant service it's still plugged into

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Boner Petit

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/KirosAuld/status/1386454908514316292

I mean,

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

No loving balls

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

obviously this whole page is bonkers, but since loving when is "hella" anything but a californian turn of phrase

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
since south park

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
lot of gay erasure on that page

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Flesh Forge posted:

this makes me sad because it's a nice roundabout, but aaaaaa the poor roundabout you shouldn't treat it like that

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Pirate Radar posted:

I can’t tell if this is the joke but that’s the plot of Metal Gear Solid V
Well, that was more involuntarily stopping Anglo-speech to not die, not voluntarily abandoning language altogether.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol monique delacroix

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Threatens? What is this low energy bullshit? Sad!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

went better than I expected. It's only a matter of time someone plows into the center doing 70 mph

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Atrocious Joe posted:

went better than I expected. It's only a matter of time someone plows into the center doing 70 mph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB3sbNQ1Qt4

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Flesh Forge posted:

That's about what any reasonable person would expect to happen if you plot down a roundabout with no signage or pavement markings in a community with no experience with roundabouts.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Weembles posted:

That's about what any reasonable person would expect to happen if you plot down a roundabout with no signage or pavement markings in a community with no experience with roundabouts.

yeah even in countries where roundabouts are normal there is signage and pavement markings

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Weembles posted:

That stopped white vehicle is really loving things up too, I think. I think that's why people in the beginning are entering it from the egress lane.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/xanderhaltv/status/1385689011671339009?s=21

Check his bio. US troops has been in Afghanistan his whole life. But right now isn’t a good time. A few more decades perhaps.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Hedenius posted:

https://twitter.com/xanderhaltv/status/1385689011671339009?s=21

Check his bio. US troops has been in Afghanistan his whole life. But right now isn’t a good time. A few more decades perhaps.

woke left interventionists and imperialists are the lowest scum on the earth, beneath contempt, need to be sealed in septic tanks

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I categorically believe we need to leave Afghanistan immediately, but I sympathize with people who are worried about what will happen in the aftermath because I too am worried about it. I just don't think the US staying will do anything but make it worse

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

the US military basically never walks away from a secured zone of control, the only way it ever happens is when they're forced out e.g. Iraq.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

yeah dont worry we arent actually leaving

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

THS posted:

woke left interventionists and imperialists are the lowest scum on the earth, beneath contempt, need to be sealed in septic tanks

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSDxyc8TH_M&t=32s
wtf 4 hours

breadtube is just politically themed Bravo and TLC reality shows for Zoomers.

posting hot takes from them is like posting hot takes from 90 Day Fiance

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

THS posted:

need to be sealed in septic tanks

But you already post in Cspam, what would be the point?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

hipster coffee shop cop

https://twitter.com/mtracey/status/1386805113755471884

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Look at this go-getter! The underpaid, overworked officers of the police will have to perform 110% more murders just to keep up!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

statistically police don't prevent murders in any significant way, they just respond to them afterward

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Oh you can give them more credit than that, some of them actively cause murders

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1386837979453399049

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Flesh Forge posted:

statistically police don't prevent murders in any significant way, they just respond to them afterward

sometimes before!

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

the "its about power" thing is so loving stupid. just a bunch of larpers who think they are rebels because they aren't wearing a mask. too pussy to rebel in any serious way that might have actual consequences so they they made up their own issue to rebel against

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

Matt pissman

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The New Republic: Set Us Free From Mask Mandates!

CNN: Do We Still Need To Wear a Mask Outdoors?

CDC guidelines to wear masks outdoors anywhere busy are likely to change soon, Fauci said

Carlson is escalating the threat to harassment if you still see them wearing a mask, but it's worth noting that even the liberal media is telling people to stop wearing masks outside.

anyway, content:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Obviously gently caress Tucker but is outdoor mask usage, especially outside of large gatherings, actually a significant thing for stopping the spread of Covid

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

StashAugustine posted:

Obviously gently caress Tucker but is outdoor mask usage, especially outside of large gatherings, actually a significant thing for stopping the spread of Covid

lol that's the manufactured consent coursing through you:

* think about the George Floyd protests last year: protesters were masked, they didn't catch covid. Cops weren't masked, and they did

* even if we grant that you don't need a mask in a situation where you're so alone in the outdoors that there isn't anyone within a hundred feet of you, having to remember some kind of distance or windage or ventilation guideline vis-a-vis the people around you is just creating more rules and edge cases for people to gently caress up

* early in 2020 the guidance from the CDC was that you shouldn't wear a mask at all, under the premise that (mis)handling and tinkering with your mask just increases the chance of you triggering fomite infection from your hands touching the outside of the mask and transferring to your face. Now, if we grant that that's possible, why would it be a good idea to give people masking rules that would oblige them to repeatedly take their masks on and off as they switch from indoors to outdoors and back, or when they encounter a person on the sidewalk versus not?

the simplest, most intuitive public messaging is to just wear your mask all the time

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

lol that's the manufactured consent coursing through you:

* think about the George Floyd protests last year: protesters were masked, they didn't catch covid. Cops weren't masked, and they did

* even if we grant that you don't need a mask in a situation where you're so alone in the outdoors that there isn't anyone within a hundred feet of you, having to remember some kind of distance or windage or ventilation guideline vis-a-vis the people around you is just creating more rules and edge cases for people to gently caress up

* early in 2020 the guidance from the CDC was that you shouldn't wear a mask at all, under the premise that (mis)handling and tinkering with your mask just increases the chance of you triggering fomite infection from your hands touching the outside of the mask and transferring to your face. Now, if we grant that that's possible, why would it be a good idea to give people masking rules that would oblige them to repeatedly take their masks on and off as they switch from indoors to outdoors and back, or when they encounter a person on the sidewalk versus not?

the simplest, most intuitive public messaging is to just wear your mask all the time

On your first point mask usage wasn’t particularly consistent at the protests, at least not where I am, nor was distancing, especially once it got dark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

yes because in addition to the above nobody is gonna want to or remember to constantly put masks on and off so it will immediately morph into “no more masks”