Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'll drop it.

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Apr 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

a new study bible! posted:

You- "The universe does not revolve around Philly sports"

Also you- "Here's an eleven point breakdown why Twitter user BroadStreetCummer is wrong about Matisse Thybulle's potential as a three level scorer"

It's been clear that Embiid is out of the running for a few weeks now.

Oh no the 76er posters are becoming self aware

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Thank you for proving my point that when given the choice between talking about basketball or talking about Philadelphia posters you'll choose the latter.

Codependency is hosed up

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

"my bad posts are just a social experiment" is a pretty new take, gotta hand it to you

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
the furkan korkmaz injury has been almost as devastating as Simmons being out

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

morestuff posted:

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1386535322377363456?s=21

Was wondering what the GDT thread was talking about and lol

Holy Hell that is terrible.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Paul Zuvella posted:

"my bad posts are just a social experiment" is a pretty new take, gotta hand it to you

Idk, I responded to a post with a sincere question only to be flamed about meta-posting nonsense. Then when I called it out I was told that it didn't happen. Then I attempted to drop it but you are biologically compelled to comment on Philly posting.

My posting can't be a social experiment because testing on the disabled is unethical.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

each point is a 3 game rolling average

nate duncan would never admit it, but sometimes a rookie who didn't have summer league or a full training camp needs some time in order to get in the swing of things. love seeing the consistency improvement

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Katana_Warrior posted:

each point is a 3 game rolling average

nate duncan would never admit it, but sometimes a rookie who didn't have summer league or a full training camp needs some time in order to get in the swing of things. love seeing the consistency improvement

Getting to the line every game is going to be his next big thing. 19 year olds never do that so it's not missing, but it's going to be the decider between if he is "Stronger Jamal Murray" vs "Stronger but Slower Wiggins".

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Edwards is a lot of fun, I'm rooting for him. He'd be my ROY vote just because of buckets. I do think it's funny that he, Poku and Hayes are all rock-bottom in the rookie WS rankings though

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

morestuff posted:

Edwards is a lot of fun, I'm rooting for him. He'd be my ROY vote just because of buckets. I do think it's funny that he, Poku and Hayes are all rock-bottom in the rookie WS rankings though

Playing for a team that doesn't have wins to share will do that for them. Hope that Ryan Saunders enjoys his retirement.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Simmons has some mystery disease.
https://twitter.com/jonjohnsonwip/status/1386644420653617152?s=19

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Katana_Warrior posted:

Playing for a team that doesn't have wins to share will do that for them. Hope that Ryan Saunders enjoys his retirement.

apparently Isaiah Stewart is leading the rookies in win shares and I realize that I have no idea what an actual win share is. that said, there's no way they aren't fake as hell, Ant for ROY

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/JonathanTjarks/status/1386689715072602114?s=19

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

stage 4 too, drat. I mostly checked out of the ringer universe of podcasts as I lowered my podcast consumption coupled with their move toward spotify exclusivity, but I enjoyed his takes.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Katana_Warrior posted:

apparently Isaiah Stewart is leading the rookies in win shares and I realize that I have no idea what an actual win share is. that said, there's no way they aren't fake as hell, Ant for ROY

They don't use wins but they do use your teams and the opponents points when you're on the floor which is usually tightly bound with wins. Good rebounding centers (especially if they don't play big minutes) sometimes get there WS goosed because of how DRTG is calculated.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

everyone forgetting the clippers' secret weapon on the playoffs: william rondo

Would be great if he stayed loyal to the Lakers. RondoWars2021

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lockback posted:

They don't use wins but they do use your teams and the opponents points when you're on the floor which is usually tightly bound with wins. Good rebounding centers (especially if they don't play big minutes) sometimes get there WS goosed because of how DRTG is calculated.

to this point andre drummond once lead the league in defensive win shares for two consecutive years and in one of those seasons his team thought so highly of his contributions that he was traded for brandon knight and a second round pick and everyone was pretty much like "yeah seems fair"

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Mavs move out of the 7th seed. Hard to believe it will last when the next game has this kind of injury report.
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1386715582754525188
lol all 5 starters.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I do hope the Mavs stay out of the play-in gauntlet since they really should be a cut above. Also Portland, Memphis, SA, and Warriors is a fun as poo poo play-in tourny for the West.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Lockback posted:

I do hope the Mavs stay out of the play-in gauntlet since they really should be a cut above. Also Portland, Memphis, SA, and Warriors is a fun as poo poo play-in tourny for the West.

I'm rooting for Warriors vs Portland for the play-in. Really want to see Curry v Dame in that situation.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

to this point andre drummond once lead the league in defensive win shares for two consecutive years and in one of those seasons his team thought so highly of his contributions that he was traded for brandon knight and a second round pick and everyone was pretty much like "yeah seems fair"

It’s amazing seeing how bad his defense is night in night out. He just doesn’t put his hands up and gets backed below the rim almost every time someone drives at him.

He looks a tiny bit better on the perimeter with AD protecting the rim but the Lakers can just play Kuzma or Morris there and actually have a little offense so I do not get the point.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Rick posted:

It’s amazing seeing how bad his defense is night in night out. He just doesn’t put his hands up and gets backed below the rim almost every time someone drives at him.

He looks a tiny bit better on the perimeter with AD protecting the rim but the Lakers can just play Kuzma or Morris there and actually have a little offense so I do not get the point.

I don't think he'll get much time in the playoffs beyond letting AD take a breather. Drummond is entirely a minute soaker.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Lockback posted:

I don't think he'll get much time in the playoffs beyond letting AD take a breather. Drummond is entirely a minute soaker.

I don’t think that’s true, they played Dwight extensively against Jokic to annoy him and basically grapple with him and find out whether the refs are going to call anything. I don’t think they want AD defending Jokic in the post for 40 minutes.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
dwight is actually good at defense though, drummond would get cooked

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
They'd probably go with Gasol there since Jokic's one of the few people in the league not too fast for him at this point.

Rick fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 26, 2021

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/Baxter/status/1386732485392748545?s=20

Are there any more Tony brothers???

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Rick posted:

They'd probably go with Gasol there since Jokic's one of the few people in the league not too fast for him at this point.

Yeah, or even toss Harrell at him and just live with the post plays for a few possessions to give a different look. Drummond is just a guy to keep AD and Gasol a bit more fresh.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Tim Donaghy waiting by his phone, ready.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Tim Donaghy waiting by his phone, ready.

“Come on, guys, you have ‘official betting partners’ now! The time has come!!”

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Rick posted:

That was my assumption too but Gasol didn’t do great guarding him the few times we saw the matchup iirc

Trezz guarding Jokic is a disaster, just an automatic two points (if he doesn’t foul)

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/johnschuhmann/status/1386731157681811458?s=20

Thought this was interesting, though it sort of seems obvious — you want either really good defense, or just to be bad enough for your shooting not to matter. GSW and Nugs seem to be the big outliers

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Houston is just so impossibly bad

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

8 of the last 13 Mavericks's games are part of b2bs. Guess we won't be seeing much of Porzingis for the rest of the regular season.

The NBA is so stupid for having a compressed schedule in a season with less games.

Then again, it is clear they don't care that much about the product or they'd halt play while they don't have enough qualified refs to ref the league. Kind of insane they aren't getting poo poo on more for that.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

morestuff posted:

https://twitter.com/johnschuhmann/status/1386731157681811458?s=20

Thought this was interesting, though it sort of seems obvious — you want either really good defense, or just to be bad enough for your shooting not to matter. GSW and Nugs seem to be the big outliers

Might be some cause and effect too. Teams that are behind are more likely to start jacking 3s.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

This really sucks

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm extremely pissed the Spurs didn't just choose to lose every game after March, but i guess the playin should be kinda fun

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Spacebump posted:

8 of the last 13 Mavericks's games are part of b2bs. Guess we won't be seeing much of Porzingis for the rest of the regular season.

The NBA is so stupid for having a compressed schedule in a season with less games.

Then again, it is clear they don't care that much about the product or they'd halt play while they don't have enough qualified refs to ref the league. Kind of insane they aren't getting poo poo on more for that.

Or Kristaps could just get better knees

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Seems like I should become a basketball ref, there seem to be a lot of job openings and based on how much I yell at the screen I clearly know all the rules already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Spacebump posted:

Yeah it's loving awful. Games that teams play on b2bs are basically not real games, and you add that to all the other games that aren't real games because of injuries and COVID protocols and you're left with a handful of "good" games.