Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

I worked for a slow-moving, unmodernized behemoth of an ad agency last decade, and one of the monthly rituals was the company updates where all the NYC C-levels emailed us to tell us how great they all were. Not only is Outoftouch McGee being promoted to Head of Client Relations, he's also getting the position of Head of Client Management! Susanne McClueless, our former Head of Client Relations, has transitioned to the Head of Client Analysis! We look forward to working with you during the transiti- (lays off 200 more people)

You've got to do something to justify that massive salary. I was always a fan of "this group will now move from department x to department y which will allow them to leverage and synergize..."

For the peons yes your reporting will all be a mess for the next two years but think of the synergies and leverage!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

MourningView posted:

SCar embracing the obvious dick jokes that come with the name is very charming imo

Charming you say?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

D.N. Nation posted:

I worked for a slow-moving, unmodernized behemoth of an ad agency last decade, and one of the monthly rituals was the company updates where all the NYC C-levels emailed us to tell us how great they all were. Not only is Outoftouch McGee being promoted to Head of Client Relations, he's also getting the position of Head of Client Management! Susanne McClueless, our former Head of Client Relations, has transitioned to the Head of Client Analysis! We look forward to working with you during the transiti- (lays off 200 more people)

hey, why are you reading my company's emails?

(except the layoffs... I'm rather glad our corp didn't lay anyone off during the pandemic)

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Scarf posted:

Charming you say?

Same

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i like monken for kansas more than leipold but i think it could work

i think leipold could nab another p5 job easily if buffalo doesn’t fall off too hard next season though

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Scarf posted:

Charming you say?

This shirt is good!

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

postmasters pub has been open for like 2 weeks and while its fine, it's not even close to the best restaurant in Lexington

this list is dumb and I'm only familiar with one restaurant

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Former Everything posted:

postmasters pub has been open for like 2 weeks and while its fine, it's not even close to the best restaurant in Lexington

this list is dumb and I'm only familiar with one restaurant

I honestly would like to know the best restaurant in Lexington for when we visit my nephew. Right now it's White Castle and Sir Pizza.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

RIP Andolini's on Wentworth. There's something about pizza made by someone stoned out of their loving mind... Just so good.

You misspelled Sharkys.

But yeah. Andolinis Wentworth and 3am Gilroys deliveries......

Those were the days.

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Silly Burrito posted:

I honestly would like to know the best restaurant in Lexington for when we visit my nephew. Right now it's White Castle and Sir Pizza.

If you're looking for fancy steakhouse type places:

Tony's of Lexington
Jeff Ruby's
Blue Heron
Merrick Inn

If you want southern cooking/soul food/fried chicken:

MiMi's Southern Style Cooking
Indi's Fried Chicken
Ramsey's

If you want Kentucky-centric cuisine that's farm-to-table:

Honeywood (fancy)
Zim's (less fancy and both in this category owned by James Beard award winner, Ouita Michel)
Graze

Pizza:
Pearl's

Latin American:
Corto Lima

Sushi:
Tomo
(Tomo has the best sushi but Tachibana has the best ramen)

If you're down for getting reservations and want to have the absolute best experience for a coursed meal service in beautiful surroundings, with locally sourced ingredients and made by Ouita Michel, there is only one place to go:

Holly Hill Inn (in Midway, about 20 minutes from Lexington)

If you're looking for something ethnic that you won't get anywhere else, try the West African cuisine at Sav's and make sure to try the leaf and beef over fufu WITH the piment hot sauce.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Former Everything posted:

If you're looking for fancy steakhouse type places:

Tony's of Lexington
Jeff Ruby's
Blue Heron
Merrick Inn

If you want southern cooking/soul food/fried chicken:

MiMi's Southern Style Cooking
Indi's Fried Chicken
Ramsey's

If you want Kentucky-centric cuisine that's farm-to-table:

Honeywood (fancy)
Zim's (less fancy and both in this category owned by James Beard award winner, Ouita Michel)
Graze

Pizza:
Pearl's

Latin American:
Corto Lima

Sushi:
Tomo
(Tomo has the best sushi but Tachibana has the best ramen)

If you're down for getting reservations and want to have the absolute best experience for a coursed meal service in beautiful surroundings, with locally sourced ingredients and made by Ouita Michel, there is only one place to go:

Holly Hill Inn (in Midway, about 20 minutes from Lexington)

If you're looking for something ethnic that you won't get anywhere else, try the West African cuisine at Sav's and make sure to try the leaf and beef over fufu WITH the piment hot sauce.

Thank you! I'm sending this list to my wife for us to try in the future. When I asked her about Kentucky specialties, all I found were burgoo and Hot Browns and neither were good at the place I went.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Tennessee just got its 3rd commit for next year, a 4* Qb - hes tied for highest rated player brought in during Heupel's time at UCF.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Tough-talkin straight-shooter Bill Moos has some takes!

quote:

Moos said NU's schedule is tougher than other years, with games against Ohio State, Oklahoma, Michigan, Wisconsin, Northwestern and Iowa. Moos added this line, too.

"We have not fared well against Illinois," he said

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Tough-talkin straight-shooter Bill Moos has some takes!

Hey hall of fame coach John Cooper lost six out of his first seven to the Illini, it's no picnic.

I'll be bitching about John Cooper until I die.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Silly Burrito posted:

Thank you! I'm sending this list to my wife for us to try in the future. When I asked her about Kentucky specialties, all I found were burgoo and Hot Browns and neither were good at the place I went.

Hot Browns are really a Louisville-area thing

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 28, 2021

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

Leipold and monken would be the smartest hires they've made in more than a decade and skip holtz, uh, wouldn't be the worst? He's been pretty good aside from USF but USF was really loving bad.

Leipold and Monken sound like a 1950s comedy duo, so Kansas should hire them both and make them co-head coaches

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Tennessee just got its 3rd commit for next year, a 4* Qb - hes tied for highest rated player brought in during Heupel's time at UCF.

Good for Heupel I guess but honestly recruiting has been pretty solid at UT even during the post-Fulmer dark ages.

PostNouveau posted:

Leipold and Monken sound like a 1950s comedy duo

Holy poo poo you're right.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Roasted Donut posted:

college pizza is better but i have much better memories and stories from canyon, so it's a toss up. it's weird going to the new canyon location, it still feels like the same thing but the slight change in geography throws me off real bad. Are you thinking of Bell's greek pizza? I can't remember if that was around where you're talking about or not. That place owned and i frequently went there at 3-4 am because they'd just give out whatever was leftover at the end of the night for free to whoever happened to be around

Not sure I ever went to Bell's. After some digging, turns out it was Gopper's that I was thinking of. It isn't there any more. The location is now Pizza Mia and it was Corrinado before that. So I got thinking "...did it actually suck and I don't remember?"

Turns out something else happened that made me think...yeah, that sounds about right: https://www.collegian.psu.edu/archives/article_101d5281-26b7-56c0-b640-919655b5a6de.html

quote:

On Aug. 31, the State College Police Department charged Regopoulos, three of his employees and two other people with selling marijuana from Gopper's Pizza.

After that, the news article takes a left turn right off a cliff.

quote:

Quincy Carraway is the brother of murder victim Langston Carraway, who was found stabbed to death in his residence in June 2006. Former Penn State football player LaVon Chisley was found guilty of first- and third-degree murder in the case and sentenced to life in prison. At the time of his death, Langston Carraway was facing a charge of possession of a small amount of marijuana, which was filed by the Penn State Police.

Police also charged Jessica Goins in connection with the drug operation, but charges against her were dropped because of insufficient evidence, her former defense attorney, Joseph Amendola, said in October.

Chisley murdering that guy and a guest appearance by Sandusky's lawyer? Like a six degrees of State College Crimes in here.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Sash! posted:

Not sure I ever went to Bell's. After some digging, turns out it was Gopper's that I was thinking of. It isn't there any more. The location is now Pizza Mia and it was Corrinado before that. So I got thinking "...did it actually suck and I don't remember?"

Turns out something else happened that made me think...yeah, that sounds about right: https://www.collegian.psu.edu/archives/article_101d5281-26b7-56c0-b640-919655b5a6de.html

After that, the news article takes a left turn right off a cliff.

Chisley murdering that guy and a guest appearance by Sandusky's lawyer? Like a six degrees of State College Crimes in here.

alright that's pretty loving nuts

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

LLCoolJD posted:

Good for Heupel I guess but honestly recruiting has been pretty solid at UT even during the post-Fulmer dark ages.

Yeah I wasn’t hyping Heuping?it up or anything, just thought it was funny. I don’t put much stock in recruiting until signing day and there’s a looong way to go. He definitely had higher ranked recruits at OU as well.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

the only thing capping heupel’s crootin was being at ucf and having to pick from uf, miami, fsu, and georgia’s scraps

i expect him to clean up at tennessee

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

I would like to respond the the Central Michigan one. I live 15 minutes from there and Rally’s isn’t even close to the best place. It isn’t even the best chain burger joint in the town. In fact Rally’s closed down at one point and just reopened a few years ago. Who the gently caress is this fraud?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Yall getting tripped up by some random rear end twitter user

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

But it's just the catalyst we need to revitalize TFF college football!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Does anyone actually like The Varsity or is it one of those places that you go to out of tradition?

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Syracuse being Dino BBQ is... idk. The location a few hours over in Troy NY fuckin sucks but that's probably because it's in Troy NY

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Satchel's Pizza is pretty solid but "best restaurant in town" is such a subjective test.

Heaven help Blacksburg if loving Macado's is the best they've got.

vyst posted:

Yall getting tripped up by some random rear end twitter user

There's not much else going on.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
As people have said, Kerbey Lane is far from the best restaurant in Austin. I don't even know where to start with naming better ones, because there are so, so many by any reasonable metric. Even leaving out all the fancy places, people make pilgrimages to this town to try the legendary brisket, nobody's making a pilgrimage here for omelets and patty melts. It's certainly not bad, it's just not amazing. It's standard diner fare kicked up a notch or two on the quality scale.

For best pizza I would say Phantasma Kitchen or DeSano.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

LLCoolJD posted:

Heaven help Blacksburg if loving Macado's is the best they've got.

I mean it's far from the best restaurant in town, but is it the most Blacksburg restaurant around? Yeah maybe.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Sash! posted:

Does anyone actually like The Varsity or is it one of those places that you go to out of tradition?

You go once to say you went and you realized that when you are in Athens you go to Clocked and get some Cajun toys instead. For the Atlanta location, you are in a huge multicultural metropolis so pick anything else after.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

drunk leprechaun posted:

I mean it's far from the best restaurant in town, but is it the most Blacksburg restaurant around? Yeah maybe.

You know, this might be the more accurate metric, if we're looking for a way to justify this guy's list as anything other than stupid.

Taqueria Jalisco is probably up there in the realm of most Lubbock restaurants, though I'd probably favor a steakhouse like Las Brisas or (somewhat ironically) one of the 3-4 world-class Thai restaurants (RIP Thai Pepper dude), but it's not far off.

Kerbey Lane is 100% the most Austin of restaurants.

Iver's River Pub is very San Marcos

Palenque is very San Antonio

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

kayakyakr posted:

Kerbey Lane is 100% the most Austin of restaurants.

The most Austin of restaurants is Franklin. It was once a cool, highly buzzworthy, distinctly Texan little upstart with a ton of character, but it has become gentrified and overpriced and there's way too many people there.

Man I miss the Austin of 15-20 years ago (and even back then everyone was already saying it used to be so much cooler). We failed miserably at keeping it weird. It's normal AF around here nowadays.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

LLCoolJD posted:

Satchel's Pizza is pretty solid but "best restaurant in town" is such a subjective test.

Satchel's probably isn't the best Gainesville restaurant but it is the most iconic, especially now that University Blvd is just Luxury Apartments

That suit is straight off the Trump Rack

https://twitter.com/james_pa22/status/1387935779331117079

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1388123623140077569?s=19

Sad we got so close to the triple option in the big 12 and didn't get it but still pretty good!

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

Kentucky can't even spell Pizza King correctly.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1388123623140077569?s=19

Sad we got so close to the triple option in the big 12 and didn't get it but still pretty good!

UW-Whitewater represent!!!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Dabo dressing like he's being picked 5th in the 2003 NBA Draft

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I am very excited for Leipold

Also The Wheel getting best restaurant in Lawrence is the dumbest loving thing I've ever heard

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I've gotten to the point of awe at how masterfully the restaurant ranking tweets trolled everyone. It takes a lot of research to figure out which restaurant in every college city would piss off literally everyone who read it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

kiimo posted:

I am very excited for Leipold

Also The Wheel getting best restaurant in Lawrence is the dumbest loving thing I've ever heard

Honestly not even sure what I would put for Lawrence. The Wheel is always so overrated.