Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The PS4 used to have a search where you'd select the letter t, and it would show you every game with the letter t, then you select h so it shows you every game starting with th then you select the letter e and it shows you every game that starts with the then you sele

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Help Im Alive posted:

The PS4 used to have a search where you'd select the letter t, and it would show you every game with the letter t, then you select h so it shows you every game starting with th then you select the letter e and it shows you every game that starts with the then you sele

Hey, that's not fair to the ps4 store

It used to show movies at the same time

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The current Sony online store has no means of filtering, sorting, showing what you own, or really any features.

There is technically a search bar, but it doesn't respect anything like quotes or minus, and just dumps anything that even sort of matches your query on you in a big unsorted, unfiltered mess. So if you search for like "metal gear solid" you get pages and pages of Guilty Gear Character Voice Pack 3 and Guitar Hero Legends of Metal Song Pack 17 and poo poo.

It's...fascinatingly bad.

Edit: For clarity, they used to have these features. They actively chose to get rid of them.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Apr 29, 2021

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Harrow posted:

It... launched without a search bar?

It's Google, it's not like they're some kind of....search engine or something.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Stadia launched in 2019, and I am surprised it is still around. It has almost no games on it, it gets no new games, and most of the Stadia team at Google have moved to other teams or been laid off. Its down to a skeleton crew of people who get really upset on Twitter on about Twitch streamers.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
The stadia thread is a proread for all your crazy stadia fan quotes. Some brave goon does the legwork and brings the choice quotes and they're all very funny/sad.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah Sony's store is bafflingly bad

At least they pushed back the PS3 and Vita store closings to some indeterminate date instead of just pulling the plug while they thought nobody was looking

It's still got me thinking about how many little games from the last 10 years will be lost whenever whatever exclusive online storefront they were on gets the axe- feel like it's not as much of a problem right now due to so many smaller games getting a PC release and the big exclusives being re-released twelve times with slightly uprezzed graphics.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

The stadia thread is a proread for all your crazy stadia fan quotes. Some brave goon does the legwork and brings the choice quotes and they're all very funny/sad.

that thread has been a wild fuckin ride.

early on this guy started popping in to defend Stadia with the wildest rear end takes. cue 20 pages of "what the gently caress is wrong with you, hostile apostle?" until some intrepid goon figures out it's literally a google employee lmfao.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Help Im Alive posted:

that is still the case on the PS3, is real "fun" trying to go through all the stuff they have to look for rare gems with that interface

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Random thought as I sit here hating myself for working in auto insurance:

Has there ever been a "good" fart joke in a video game? Not something you really ever see anymore, but I remember stuff like Boogerman in the 90s.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That farting chicken in Glover made me laugh at the time

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Shinjobi posted:

Has there ever been a "good" fart joke in a video game? Not something you really ever see anymore, but I remember stuff like Boogerman in the 90s.

Shadows of the Damned springs to mind

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

getting someone to sit on a squeaky chair in animal crossing

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Shinjobi posted:

Wario in Smash.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

david cage is a fart fetishist and all of the sex scenes in his games have secret alternate versions where she farts in his face a whole bunch. they're really hard to unlock so you probably didn't see them.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Do you remember how weird the Stadia launch was where you could preorder a founder's system that would be released months before the system actually launched? It's like they were racing to have something in people's hands before... I don't even know what they were racing against, Google execs losing interest and cancelling the whole thing?

I think the optimal case for Stadia was to provide a way to play next gen games without needing to buy a $500 console. But you don't need Stadia if you've bought one. So they were racing the next-gen console launches last fall.

It's a staggeringly bad statement about Stadia that half a year into the new gen, you still can't find a console without paying double to a scalper on ebay, and somehow google can't make the idea of 'pay us $60 and play your next gen game right now with no new hardware and no download required' into a tantalizing alternative. People would genuinely rather spend weeks or months slamming the refresh button on retailer stores to pay $500+ for a new console than just... make a stadia account and start playing.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Are there any decent games on Stadia that you can’t get on anything else (or any exclusive titles at all for that matter)?

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

I don't know if it's GOOD, but they have Orcs Must Die 3 exclusively for now. I'm at least curious based on how much fun I had on the first two... christ, a decade ago?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Larryb posted:

Are there any decent games on Stadia that you can’t get on anything else (or any exclusive titles at all for that matter)?

there are like four exclusives but nothing particularly good or notable. the one you might have heard of is orcs must die 3. there's also some sort of game creation system called "crayta" that nobody is using

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
was it people in this thread saying The House in Fata Morgana is good? i tossed it on my steam wishlist and it's half off right now

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Shinjobi posted:

Fable gives you a fart button

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
There is (well, was) an area in Destiny 2 called the “Methane Flush” and while it’s probably not intentional every time I went there I giggled a little

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

There actually was a limited time beta version of that Humankind 4X game on Stadia, and I thought that was a really good use of the platform. I would never actually play a game like that , it looked like a 720p YouTube video blown up to full screen, but it was nice to quickly check out the game and realize I never want to play it again.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I got my car :) it's a 2009 Camry. Seems pretty decent.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Relax Or DIE posted:

was it people in this thread saying The House in Fata Morgana is good? i tossed it on my steam wishlist and it's half off right now

No idea about this thread specifically, but people in general seem to think it is.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Simone Magus posted:

Congrats! Enjoy The Freedom of the Road, like Sam Porter Bridges in the award-winning game Death Stranding

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Not to brag but I’ve never found farts funny

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Yikes.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

However, dick jokes,

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Jay Rust posted:

The only time I found them funny was when my 5 year old did. Before and after not so much.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

same tbh

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Simone Magus posted:

Camrys are super solid cars. Good choice

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Waffleman_ posted:

Fable gives you a fart button

Farting over and over until everyone in town starts vomiting

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Or you poo poo yourself on accident

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

mods

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jay Rust posted:

That's fine. Honestly I don't think they've ever been particularly funny in video games, even when I was a kid and eager for more of that easy peasy toilet humor.

I'm particular about poots in media.:shrug:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSEz9WwYpCk&t=58s

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is Beyond Good and Evil 2 dead

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Metal Gear Solid series has Johnny