Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Man I couldn't even handle the later puzzles on Portal... Mel I think it was? That poo poo got hard with only 2 portals still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Wow, these songs still give me anxiety after several years.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
It doesn't actually look too hard; "time travel" sounds complicated, but it's basically just two parallel states with one-directional state dependence.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
fell down a Friday Night Funkin' rabbit hole relatively recently(here's a playthrough of all 7 official weeks if curious) and there's a shitload of mods for it, many forgettable or just skins, but there's some really incredible complete overhaul ones that are arguably better than much of the base game itself. I'm hoping the full-rear end game they're kickstarting integrates and enhances some of the most popular mods like Whitty and Tricky:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F83ONFW8kDI&hd=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feAgxgJXdAo&hd=1

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Wow, Portal 2 came out 10 years ago wtf. I haven't played it since release but I still remember it pretty vividly. I should really play it again. That new mod looks super cool too.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I need to fight an army of mantis men to get back into Portal 2.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

honestly the only thing i watch friday night funkin videos for are to see the poses they put in for the character for the various directions

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
Is it actually true that FNF is associated with Shadman and that one of their devs is homophobic/transphobic?

If so, yikes.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
when that was brought up(someone accusing the lead dev of being a superchud), he had had a twitter thread apologizing for his terrible posting in years past when FNF was taking off. It wasn't a great apology, but if he's attempting to keep his nose clean and trying to learn something to better himself, that's cool, and people trying to get past their ignorance is a noble goal. but if he backslides, gently caress'im. I'm of the "give them a shot to get past their edgelord phase" mind lately. SA was real bad about it back in the day as well, and has improved dramatically. I dunno how old they are, though. Hopefully it's not a Dan Avidan thing and they're like 45 and only just making this change now.

I've only heard the name shadman mentioned on SA a few times as some creepy artist and avoided it past that, but nobody provided evidence of him being involved, just saying "I heard" etc. It'd be cool if there was a rule that you had to actually provide the evidence when making accusations like that instead of "isn't [person] a nazi?" it may be true, and if so, that really sucks, but if it is true, please post the receipts instead of vague claims.

it would also suck if this game that a kinda shocking amount of people enjoy was ruined because one of the creators might be horrible. Minecraft does an unimaginable amount of good for a lot of people in the world, and if it got erased because notch is a flaming pile of trash in human form, that'd be bad.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Apr 21, 2021

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

General Morden posted:

Is it actually true that FNF is associated with Shadman and that one of their devs is homophobic/transphobic?

If so, yikes.

it's a game from long-time newgrounds animators, of course they're associated with shadman, and of course they are or were edgy

it's like everyone who was a teenager in 2004-2006 experienced a mass die-off, or some kind of Men in Black style memory erasure

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Watching a playthrough of the big wabbajack skyrim SE modpack and for some ungodly reason there's a mod in it that adds a romance plot to serana, using voice actors(yes, multiple) that don't sound anything like her, and it's possibly the worst romance plot I've ever loving seen, just turning her into a loving stuttering schoolgirl really.

and then this happens.

Also even though the modpack doesn't have any nude mods she somehow becomes nude.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nalesh posted:

Watching a playthrough of the big wabbajack skyrim SE modpack and for some ungodly reason there's a mod in it that adds a romance plot to serana, using voice actors(yes, multiple) that don't sound anything like her, and it's possibly the worst romance plot I've ever loving seen, just turning her into a loving stuttering schoolgirl really.

and then this happens.

Also even though the modpack doesn't have any nude mods she somehow becomes nude.

That's relatively chaste for a Skyrim modpack.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
The pack in general seems really well put together(as long as you've made a blood pact with the devil to get a 30x0 card), I just have no idea why this mod is in it.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I want a skyrim mod that introduces a .01% chance that dialogue bubble appears during any random combat after which the screen fades to black and when it returns the enemy combatant is no longer aggressive and wanders off smoking a cigarette.

Though now that I think about it that seems a bit rapey. So maybe I don't want that mod.

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

Comedy option: popup happens regardless of gender, species, tangibility, size, boss status
Also the cigarettes scale to the size of the monster. Tiny mudcrab smokes

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Nalesh posted:

and it's possibly the worst romance plot I've ever loving seen, just turning her into a loving stuttering schoolgirl really.
I bet modders would turn even Molag Bal into stuttering anime schoolgirl.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Nalesh posted:

and then this happens.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Dwesa posted:

I bet modders would turn even Molag Bal into stuttering anime schoolgirl.

Pft, just wait till you see what you can do to Meridia in VR

:nws: :nws:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Nalesh posted:

and then this happens.

Mm kinky. Nothing makes a game filled with sexual tension quite like messages like this with an Ok button. They should add a Not Ok button and see how it goes from there as a mod.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

been getting back into morrowind lately

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45146/

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ZeusCannon posted:

I want a skyrim mod that introduces a .01% chance that dialogue bubble appears during any random combat after which the screen fades to black and when it returns the enemy combatant is no longer aggressive and wanders off smoking a cigarette.

Though now that I think about it that seems a bit rapey. So maybe I don't want that mod.

Just make the bandit stop you and demand your money and you have a dialogue option to seduce them that leads to that instead.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Just make the bandit stop you and demand your money and you have a dialogue option to seduce them that leads to that instead.

I think both that and the combat rape mod exists on the slab already and has been brought up in thread a few years back. Lots of effort wasted into grossness.

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

I'm glad the Portal Reloaded Voiceover Robot Man explained the "proper" way to do one of the early test chambers to me after I did it in an unintended way (otherwise I suspect I would be completely hosed later on as I had a total mental block about the intended solution)

It was the one that introduces the time-portal-also-conserves-momentum mechanic (arrrgh, of course it does, you idiot). Which I instead did by standing on a cube to get more a bit more height over the pit and flinging myself across normally

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Okay, so this Portal mod with time travel looks amazing. Someone tell me the puzzles are actually good and worth it?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
it’s free so i’d say it’s worth it

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

Okay, so this Portal mod with time travel looks amazing. Someone tell me the puzzles are actually good and worth it?

I played for about an hour and I'm stumped harder than either of the other two got me.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Yeah I’ve only played an hour or so, but the puzzles are more challenging than the base portal games.

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

I couldn't be arsed with it after about chamber.. 17 ish? I can see what I have to do, I think, but it's difficult to experiment because of the "moving past portals affects the future ones" mechanic. You can carefully set something up and then one unthinking misclick means you have to tediously redo a bunch of stuff.

[edit]It's also weirdly flaky at the moment. Laser beams don't hurt you until they do, there's no ability to manually reload a save as far as I can see (exacerbating the tedious puzzle-redo issues) , it auto-positions portals for you on occasions (snapping them to, presumably, where they're useful for the "correct" solution but again this frustrates experimentation), etc, etc)

Two Owls fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Apr 26, 2021

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CODQZh2WLk

If you want to see Rufus in action, he's one of the mods Spiffy installed.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
:nws: Fallout 4 Holding device 1. :nws:

Only the finest for the hot files.

The other pictures are "occupied"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I see it didn't take long for the "horse cock" modders resource to see some use!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

that's a high quality face right there

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

That doesn't really look like a face of pleasure or pain for that matter.

Looks more like a flesh mask draped over a mannequin.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are you saying there's a difference? These are gamebryo waifus we're talking about.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

"Well this is a holding and loving device. If you remove the back bar with the dick, then the rear end will be free for the AAF animations."

Excellent description.

There is a single bug report, which is someone saying they can't find the structure in game in French, and someone else replying it is a modding resource. The author simply responds "eanglish".

Wrr fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 29, 2021

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Arcsquad12 posted:

You didn't mention the floating shoes just kinda existing in a few of the images.

I know, I know I focus on the strange things

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDAJqQDzmcY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Arcsquad12 posted:

Ahh yes. This looks hideous and I'm glad somebody felt the need to make this.