Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Eat My Fuc posted:

The best way to be a heel to the AEW audience and locker room is to have the normal and righteous opinion that video games and gamers are bad

Daniel Bryan literally did the same thing on Saturday Morning Slam and a bunch of gamers got real mad about it the exact same way. It’s hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

SLUM KING posted:

So sad there’s no posts from ringrats.com on archive.org
I was gonna reply by saying "That's because it was 1ringrats.com and then ring-rats.com a few months later," but...something seems to have happened to the Wayback versions of the sites? 1ringrats goes to an empty directory listing and ring-rats goes to a version of the site requiring a one-time PayPal payment of $10 to get access to a private forum housing the content. I say "something seems to have happened to the Wayback versions of the sites" because I know I pulled up the "hot or not" page (the testimonials) at some point in the last 5 years or so to read the ones I pranked the site with. (I WAS A CHILD!)

Meanwhile, Floyd Gerald Brisco is a national treasure:
https://twitter.com/Fgbrisco/status/1387905524868337664

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Please tell me the Steve Corino page wasn't pranks. Everything else on the site seemed pretty iffy but I recall all the Corino commenters agreeing he had a huge hog, and that he was bad in bed cuz he didn't think he had to put in the work due to his huge hog.

I have thought about these sex reviews at least once a week for the last twenty years.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

SLUM KING posted:

Please tell me the Steve Corino page wasn't pranks. Everything else on the site seemed pretty iffy but I recall all the Corino commenters agreeing he had a huge hog, and that he was bad in bed cuz he didn't think he had to put in the work due to his huge hog.

I have thought about these sex reviews at least once a week for the last twenty years.
I cannot comment on Steve Corino's bedroom prowess, but generally I worked under the assumption that nothing on the site was real. Who the hell would be sending in actual Robert Fuller sex testimonials in 2001, for example?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Eat My Fuc posted:

The best way to be a heel to the AEW audience and locker room is to have the normal and righteous opinion that video games and gamers are bad

no but seriously, mjf cut the same promo at ceo a few years ago

"i used to play video games too, but then i lost my virginity"

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

njsykora posted:

Daniel Bryan literally did the same thing on Saturday Morning Slam and a bunch of gamers got real mad about it the exact same way. It’s hilarious.

Do you like video games??

NO!! VIDEO GAMES ARE FOR IDIOTS!

Not wrong.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

davidbix posted:

I cannot comment on Steve Corino's bedroom prowess, but generally I worked under the assumption that nothing on the site was real. Who the hell would be sending in actual Robert Fuller sex testimonials in 2001, for example?

Robert Fuller, probably

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Rick Fuller could get it

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Wazzu posted:

Even better, he was "too athletic in bed" and didn't understand that wasn't a compliment.

https://twitter.com/NylaRoseBeast/status/1387785166165250055

yeah 'low budget' my rear end there's like a million dollars worth of wood in that truck

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Lmao Ryback is such a huge manchild.

https://twitter.com/Ryback/status/1387940376493760517?s=19

I am phone posting at the moment but his responses are even more insane.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

mooseinfants posted:

yeah 'low budget' my rear end there's like a million dollars worth of wood in that truck

https://twitter.com/NylaRoseBeast/status/1387809731801124869

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.instagram.com/p/COMpQSGprI_/?igshid=1ib8tzaxiis74

:chast2b:

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

how much is retire winning by now?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

It's currently at 54.5%

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/1388011454440173568

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

DarkstarIV posted:

Imagine how rock stupid you'd have to be to make life decisions based on a Twitter poll

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Imagine how rock stupid you'd have to be to make life decisions based on a Twitter poll

Stupid enough to re-do the poll and ask "hey, don't vote for the one I don't want to do, OK?"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ryback is a dumb prick

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/youngbucks/status/1387568215690121218

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/1387860353132941321

Seth is good again

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/DragonGateEN/status/1388037288769191936?s=20

As hype for probably the 2nd biggest show of the DG calendar happening on the 5th May, they've made past Dead or Alive shows available for free on the Dragon Gate Network. The shows culminate in one of the most enjoyable matches of the year, a clusterfuck cagematch with all sorts of nonsense & shenanigans & it's a joy. Usually there's some sort of "bet" at stake, hair or mask or getting kicked out of your unit or your unit disbanding, & that really adds to the big feel of it all. It's kind of a glorious summary of Dragon Gate. And that aside, there's also the usual great DG wrestling. 2019 had a great Brave Gate match with Susumu Yokosuka vs U-T, Dream Gate match with Pac defending against Dragon Kid, Strong Machine Army vs Tribe Vanguard, & the first DoA cage match I got to see live. 2018 was a real good show too, 2017 has a brilliant cage match with BxB Hulk, Cyber King, Naruki Doi, Shingo Takagi & YAMATO. 2014 has 2 matches Meltzer gave 4 1/2 * (Flamita vs Jimmy Susumu & Monster Express (Akira Tozawa & Shingo Takagi) vs Team Veteran (Don Fujii & Masaaki Mochizuki), the joy of Stalker Ichikawa singles comedy gold against a bonafide legend in Tatsumi Fujinami, a fantastic Dream Gate match between YAMATO & Ricochet & a great cage match.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Yeah. *takes a drag from his cigarette before stabbing it out.* Yeah, this one's good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Asuka being a Simpsons Shitposter always makes me happy :allears:

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

He overheard someone talking about reverse psychology and he's going to go on a tangent about how he tricked everyone into voting retire

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Just...just take retire off as an option, you dumb baby

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Has Ryback even wrestled recently? I thought the guy was de facto retired anyway.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Roman Reigns posted:

Just...just take retire off as an option, you dumb baby

The Big (dumb) Guy

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I immediately voted for retire, btw.

lol please make more tweets like this, Seth.

Jerusalem posted:

Asuka being a Simpsons Shitposter always makes me happy :allears:

Simpsons AND DBZ shitposter.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Why not just list other as the option instead of retire also why mention FMMNutrition?

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

TV Zombie posted:

Why not just list other as the option instead of retire also why mention FMMNutrition?

It's his nutritional supplement microbrand "Feed Me More Nutrition"

Edit: supplement scam, I meant scam.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I believe ryback is dumb enough that the first poll was legit but the guy is clearly doing it on purpose now for the #engagement

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Insertnamehere31 posted:

I believe ryback is dumb enough that the first poll was legit but the guy is clearly doing it on purpose now for the #engagement

Yeah, the dude realized that there was a very funny grift to be had, so he restarted with his soundcloud already linked in the post that will be shared as a joke.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

I’m not the brightest. What is Mick talking about here?

https://twitter.com/realmickfoley/status/1388175423545266176?s=21

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

kinetic77 posted:

Probably just commenting on the general direction that each company's division is moving in (an all women's brand would be a terrible idea for either)

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Cerebral Bore posted:

Has Ryback even wrestled recently? I thought the guy was de facto retired anyway.

He hasn't had a match sine 2018.

Pretty sad when Enzo can still get booked but Ryback can't rofl.

kinetic77 posted:

Mickie James revealed a few days ago that she submitted a ton of ideas to the WWE over the past couple years in a desperate bid to be used, since they had her sitting in catering. All of them got turned down.

One of them was a pitch for an all women's show but she got turned around because 'Evolution was our lowest rated ppv ever and women's wrestling doesn't draw'.

Yeah. :sigh:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I saw some chatter on Twitter about an all Women’s WWE brand prior to this tweet. Was there an actual rumor about it? I know there was some stuff about possibly using MLW as a development territory for non-TV NXT talent

Edit: oh, nevermind

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

Probably just commenting on the general direction that each company's division is moving in (an all women's brand would be a terrible idea for either)

I mean, I don't think that's the solution either, but there's a kernel of truth there in that WWE is diluting what should on paper be the best women's division in the world by arbitrarily splitting them up onto a bunch of different shows and booking them all like poo poo, to the point where AEW has managed to put together a better one than any of them (except maybe NXT) in about a year and under extremely difficult circumstances.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Vandar posted:

One of them was a pitch for an all women's show but she got turned around because 'Evolution was our lowest rated ppv ever and women's wrestling doesn't draw'.

Yeah. :sigh:

On the one hand, women's wrestling has still yet to prove itself as an actual, consistant financial draw in the US, without resorting to doing bikini calendars and bra & panties matches & the like. I don't know how true the WWE's numbers on Evolution are compared to December to Dismember (which had a far smaller live attendance) or other stinkers, but if they are accurate, then having a card with all the top womens' names in the company including Rousey (who drew HUGE money in MMA) doing that badly isn't a good look.

On the other hand, the WWE is swimming in money at the moment, so who gives a gently caress if one show doesn't do as well as the others if it's doing something as reasonable as giving women a true platform to become star performers in their own right. The WNBA has been a money loser its entire existance, but the NBA knows the importance of keeping women engaged in the sport, so it continues to prop it up. Same should be true with wrestling.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

dsriggs posted:

On the other hand, the WWE is swimming in money at the moment, so who gives a gently caress if one show doesn't do as well as the others if it's doing something as reasonable as giving women a true platform to become star performers in their own right. The WNBA has been a money loser its entire existance, but the NBA knows the importance of keeping women engaged in the sport, so it continues to prop it up. Same should be true with wrestling.

Yeah. The last few years have been the most profitable years in the company's history and they have a ton of women who just...aren't doing anything.

I can't imagine it would take much time or money out of their pockets to give the women a showcase hour every week. You've got them all sitting around in catering anyway, why not fuckin' use them? Try it out and see what happens.

I mean, they keep 205 Live around, so...

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
A WWE all women's brand wouldn't be booked any better, and probably would just be booked worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

it's not like they even report PPV viewership numbers anyway, now they can just tell shareholders some guy at Peacock sent them an email about how good they were. they can air basically anything and it barely matters