Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SG Bamboo posted:

NOAH ~ The Glory ~ April 29th
MOTYC
Kazuyuki Fujita (c) vs Takashi Sugiura - GHC National Championship
- Two old men beat the absolute gently caress out of each other

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Keiji Mutoh (c) vs. Masa Kitamiya for the GHC Heavyweight Championship - NOAH The GLORY 2021 (4/29)

It turns out that keeping Mutoh on the mat for a whole match is a way of ensuring a great match out of him because he hasn't lost a stop when he doesn't have to use his knees. Absolutely lovely match.
Nth to both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Punch McLightning posted:

HM: Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson vs. Matt Sydal & Mike Sydal
HM: Ten vs. Darby Allin

I'll second these and an HM for Penta/,OC

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW Champion Carnival Night 9 April 28th
MOTYC
Kento Miyahara vs Yuma Aoyagi
- Kento rules, Aoyagi rules. Absolutely electric even without a crowd, this is up there with Kento/Ashino for Match of the Tournament for me

HM
Suwama vs Shotaro Ashino
- Ashino remains an beast, and Suwama shows why he's still the champ. Good stuff, a real palette cleanser after the disappointing way the previous match ended

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
- Kento rules, Aoyagi rules. Absolutely electric even without a crowd, this is up there with Kento/Ashino for Match of the Tournament for me

HM
Suwama vs Shotaro Ashino
- Ashino remains an beast, and Suwama shows why he's still the champ. Good stuff, a real palette cleanser after the disappointing way the previous match ended

2nd these both. Love my Kento, such a star. My second favourite Kensuke Sasaki trainee after Nakajima

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

HM: Young Bucks vs Super Sydal Bros
MOTYC: Orange Cassidy vs Penta el Zero M
HM: Darby Allin vs #10

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

HM from me. The sound of the slaps was terrifying and awe-inspiring.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

HM: Hangman Page vs. Brian Cage, AEW Dynamite, 28/04
HM: The Young Bucks vs. The Sydals, AEW Dynamite, 28/04
HM: Orange Cassidy vs. Penta el Zero Miedo, AEW Dynamite, 28/04
HM: Kris Statlander vs. Penelope Ford, AEW Dynamite, 28/04

I think this. Nth.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
HM: Young Bucks vs Sydal Bros
MOTYC: Orange Cassidy vs Penta el Zero M

Both from Dynamite 4/28

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1RV411J789

Watch the match

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
HM: Penta el Zero M vs Orange Cassidy, Dynamite 4/28

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

Easy Nth. That chop exchange was murderous.

quote:

HM

Stinger (Yoshinari Ogawa and HAYATA) (c) vs NOSAWA Rongai and Ikuto Hidaka - GHC Junior Tag Team Championship
- Wasn't expecting much going in, and this exceeded all expectations
M's Alliance (Naomichi Marufuji, Masaaki Mochizuki and Masato Tanaka) vs Yoshiki Inamura, Kaito Miyomiya and Kinya Okada
- Holy poo poo, those old men brutalised that poor boy

Nth on these two. Ogawa can go like the clappers when he needs to, and the six man was gloriously brutal.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
17th April
Tokyo Joshi Pro Still Incomplete
Hikari Noa vs Miyu Yamashita

BAKURETSU Sisters (Nodoka Tenma & Yuki Aino) vs NEO Biishiki-gun (Mei Saint-Michel & Sakisama)

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

Nth, this was vicious.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Keiji Mutoh (c) vs. Masa Kitamiya for the GHC Heavyweight Championship - NOAH The GLORY 2021 (4/29)

It turns out that keeping Mutoh on the mat for a whole match is a way of ensuring a great match out of him because he hasn't lost a stop when he doesn't have to use his knees. Absolutely lovely match.

Nth, Mutoh working this way also made him seem much more explosive when he would get up on his feet to deliver offense.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
MOTYC
ChocoPro #110: PENCIL ARMY VS. ACES OF CHOCOPRO

Everything good about Chocopro in one match. A spot fest that told multiple great stories in one 45 minute match. Chris Brookes accepting the Pencil Army. Lulu getting close to her first pin ever. Akki vs. Fujita.

If you only watch one Chocopro match make it this one. If you don't like it, then ChocoPro just isn't for you and never will be.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC

Everything good about Chocopro in one match. A spot fest that told multiple great stories in one 45 minute match. Chris Brookes accepting the Pencil Army. Lulu getting close to her first pin ever. Akki vs. Fujita.

If you only watch one Chocopro match make it this one. If you don't like it, then ChocoPro just isn't for you and never will be.

Nth. And a great promo after to boot!

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC

Nth

Stick around for the post match angle too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Karl Fredericks vs. Clark Connors - NJPW Strong: LA Dojo Showcase 4/30

Really, really good match showcasing the two top Young Lionswrestlers in the LA Dojo. Well worth watching.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC

aw yeah nth

For the list, this match is Mei Suruga/Baliyan Akki/Chie Koishikawa/Hagane Shinno vs. Lulupencil/Emi Sakura/Minoru Fujita/Chris Brookes

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC

+1

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC

Nth

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I Before E posted:

HM: Starks/Hangman
HM: Hobbs/Cage
HM: Darby/JB
MOTYC: Shida/Tay

All from Dynamite, 4/21

Rarity posted:

HM: Hangman Page vs. Brian Cage, AEW Dynamite, 28/04
HM: The Young Bucks vs. The Sydals, AEW Dynamite, 28/04
HM: Orange Cassidy vs. Penta el Zero Miedo, AEW Dynamite, 28/04
HM: Kris Statlander vs. Penelope Ford, AEW Dynamite, 28/04

Nth these, but I'm going MOTYC for OC vs Penta. I want to show my friends that match.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW ~ The Bullet ~ May 1st
HM
Hyper Misao vs Nao Kakuta - Choice and Chance match
Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki) vs Shoko Nakajima and Haruna Neko

Just a couple of ridiculously entertaining matches

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW ~ The Bullet ~ May 1st
HM
Hyper Misao vs Nao Kakuta - Choice and Chance match
Magical Sugar Rabbits (Yuka Sakazaki and Mizuki) vs Shoko Nakajima and Haruna Neko

Just a couple of ridiculously entertaining matches

Nth

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC

Nth

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC

WAR OF THE PENCILS doesn’t need a ”nomination” for ”match of the year candidate” because it just is MOTY and anyone who disagrees clearly didn’t watch it. gently caress

(Nth)

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Jerusalem posted:

Really, really good match showcasing the two top Young Lionswrestlers in the LA Dojo. Well worth watching.

Nth it was very good

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. Solid brutal fight.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH the Ovation May 2nd
HM

Yasutaka Yano vs Kai Fujimura
- Extremely enjoyable Young Boy match, some stiff shots and a gnarly finish
Kaito Miyomiya vs Masato Tanaka
- Old man Tanaka is still around and still elbowing the hell out of young men. Great finishing stretch

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

NOAH the Ovation May 2nd
HM

Yasutaka Yano vs Kai Fujimura
- Extremely enjoyable Young Boy match, some stiff shots and a gnarly finish
Kaito Miyomiya vs Masato Tanaka
- Old man Tanaka is still around and still elbowing the hell out of young men. Great finishing stretch

Nth to both. Solid bookends to a show that had a filling of chaotic nonsense.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Bakuha Koshien May 2nd
MOTYC

Yuna Manase vs Mecha Pandita
- This was absolutley incredible. I had no idea what was going on half the time, but I was laughing a ton

HM
Sanshiro Takagi, Yukio Naya, Yumehito Imanari and Atsushi Onita vs Super Sasadango Machine, Tetsuhiro Kuroda, Shunma Katsumata and MAO - Current Blast Deathmatch
- Holy poo poo those explosions were way loving bigger than I was expecting. For fucks sake the audience was right goodamn there when you were doing that poo poo you loving maniacs. I blame Onita

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 13:37 on May 2, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Senerio posted:

TJPW Still Incomplete 4/17

HM: Maki vs Rika

I thought it'd be good but it exceeded my expectations. Miyu vs Hikari was MOTN tho.

2nd

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH the Ovation Day 2 May 3rd
HM
Masato Tanaka vs Yoshiki Inamura
- Didn't think this reached the level of Tanaka's match with Kiyomiya yesterday, but still a great match between the Young Bull and the Old Bullet
Sugiura-gun (Takashi Sugiura and Kazunari Murakami) vs M's Allianace (Naomichi Marufuji and Masaaki Mochizuki)
- Murakami is such a badass. The match around it was good but the last 5 minutes or so really took it over the top. NOAH has so many cool old men, it's a shame the least cool, oldest man is currently on the throne.

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 13:20 on May 3, 2021

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: LIJ (Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi, SANADA & BUSHI) vs United Empire (Will Ospreay, Great O-Khan, Jeff Cobb & Aaron Henare) NJPW Wrestling Dontaku 03.05

Extremely fun multiman tag and extremely good build for the upcoming title match. LIJ and UE have wonderful chemistry with each other as teams and they brought out the big guns for this one.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: LIJ (Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi, SANADA & BUSHI) vs United Empire (Will Ospreay, Great O-Khan, Jeff Cobb & Aaron Henare) NJPW Wrestling Dontaku 03.05

Extremely fun multiman tag and extremely good build for the upcoming title match. LIJ and UE have wonderful chemistry with each other as teams and they brought out the big guns for this one.

Yeah, this was really good fun. Nth.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

Yeah, all the members of LIJ and United Empire work really, really well off of each other. 3rd.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
3rd May
All Japan Champion Carnival Night 10
Shuji Ishikawa vs Suwama

It is getting more & more glaring these guys are aging rapidly because a couple years ago this would be MOTYC level. But this was still a match with big bombs despite being a bit plodding

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Taichi vs Tama Tonga NJPW Wrestling Dontaku 03.05

This was some totally overbooked nonsense garbage wrestling, but in kind of a good way.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

This was some totally overbooked nonsense garbage wrestling, but in kind of a good way.

That match was a giant loving mess and absolutely overbooked.

Second!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Cerebral Bore posted:

Very silly. Very good fun. Nth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
3rd May
All Japan Champion Carnival Night 10
Jake Lee vs Kento Miyahara

Well, this was the match that was the most exciting going into the tournament and I think it delivered. Phew.