Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
10 minutes into Diabolik (via TV YouTube app) and I’m loving every minute of it dog! One of the best. The jokes are choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Quest of the Delta Knights from yesterday with Joel, Mary Jo Pehl, Felicia Day, Rebecca Hanson and others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkN3QFLH6XA

Joel's never seen Delta Knights and Mary Jo's forgotten all about it, so it's a fun trip. Also features a Q&A session with Beez McKeever!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Here's an interview I did with Joel the other day about the Kickstarter.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

hell yeah

I got Crow T. Robot eyes~~~

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Gamera is really neat!
Gamera is filled with meat!

Gamera vs. Guiron livestream is ... well, live. Now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAC6lvgRydU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

noice!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
reminder a little girl wrote a letter in like season 3 or 4 where she calls Crow "Art" for a name and waaaaaay later Pearl shows up and knows Crow as Art as they have had a past together? I guess?

always love the callbacks and wraparounds

tho i think in the Pearl seasons she doesn't really do that ever again. But again it wasn't Trace it was Bill so

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

verbal enema posted:

reminder a little girl wrote a letter in like season 3 or 4 where she calls Crow "Art" for a name and waaaaaay later Pearl shows up and knows Crow as Art as they have had a past together? I guess?

tho i think in the Pearl seasons she doesn't really do that ever again. But again it wasn't Trace it was Bill so

Oh no, she calls him Art in the Sci-fi Channel seasons, too. :)

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

verbal enema posted:

is there an explanation for Frank calling Dr Forrester "Steve" every once in a while?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Empty Sandwich posted:

is there an explanation for Frank calling Dr Forrester "Steve" every once in a while?

it's just a thing he does

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
not really liking the new voices for the bots :\

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Bula Vinaka posted:

yeah i can't do it

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Bula Vinaka posted:

traditionally this is expressed by dot matrix printer banner

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Mary Jo Pehl and J. Elvis Weinstein are going to write for and appear on in the new season

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i need this loving hat

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
YOU'RE STUCK HERE!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
IM A STAARRR WOLF

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

verbal enema posted:

i need this loving hat

joe shishido was in a lot of good yakuza films, "branded to kill" is probably the most well-known, a disturbing and surreal one where he's an assassin with a fetish for the smell of freshly-cooked rice

also same, that hat rules

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

nishi koichi posted:

joe shishido was in a lot of good yakuza films, "branded to kill" is probably the most well-known, a disturbing and surreal one where he's an assassin with a fetish for the smell of freshly-cooked rice

I remember renting the Criterion edition DVD if that from Netflix back in the mail days. I was trying to go through classic foreign films, but I think I was just a bit too sleepy to really absorb/appreciate it.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

nishi koichi posted:

hly gently caress imma watch tjis

and thats a fair fetish imo

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

verbal enema posted:

i need this loving hat

Joe Shishido rules, and so does Tokyo Drifter, and so does this hat.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
wait wait wait wait

wait

wait

did Joe Shishido really wear a hat that says JOE because his name is Joe and was also Captain Joe?

wow that dude fukkin rules

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
THE SPISS HAT

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

SPISS hat is real

Also: new talent is good and necessary, we are just old and fear change and the unfamiliar. New bot voices didn't bother me during the live shows and I think that Emily is going to be a great host.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

fr i want that joe hat. i wonder how difficult it is to have it embroidered

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

A wurwelf?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

a wohrwilf

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
I wasn't planning on backing the KS since I wasn't a big fan of the Netflix series of MST3K...but via the show, Joel and the rest of the gang brought me and my family a lot of laughs over the years, so I decided I could at least throw $15 his way. :)

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008

Dixville posted:

As far as the new episodes go, I quite liked The Beast of Hollow Mountain. Cry Wilderness is also pretty great. I only really liked Mac and Me from the newer season but it was ... preeeetty nice
Edit forgot about Starcrash. That one was great, the Hasselhoff jokes alone are worth a watch

Those are all great, also throw in Avalanche and The Loves of Hercules. Killer Fish might be the greatest riff of all time though.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I just got an e-mail from kickstarter begging for money because I backed the 2015 reboot and it kind of pisses me off. I didn't like the reboot; leave me alone Joel.

E: I unironically love California Lady and also the theme from ZAAT

Dixville posted:

Omg I just remembered Track of the Moon Beast. This song actually kinda slaps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPKcw2AJvLI

Planning reveeeeeeenge on my friends!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0065I6WTE/ref=dm_ws_tlw_trk1

HungryMedusa fucked around with this message at 04:59 on May 7, 2021

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

HungryMedusa posted:

I just got an e-mail from kickstarter begging for money because I backed the 2015 reboot and it kind of pisses me off. I didn't like the reboot; leave me alone Joel.

E: I unironically love California Lady and also the theme from ZAAT

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0065I6WTE/ref=dm_ws_tlw_trk1

Gotta love that Sargassum

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
AVALANCHE is an all-timer for me. So many of the jokes land. It's up there with HORROR OF PARTY BEACH for comfort viewing.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

HungryMedusa posted:

:hmmyes:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So many of Season 11 are absolutely bangers. Its why season 12 is a little dissapointing for me even if Mac and Me was incredible.

Cry Wilderness is just magical though, probably my favorite of the Jonah episodes even if Avalanche is 100% watchable anywhere anytime as well.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

As of this moment, the kickstarter is at $5,503,617.

Looks like 12 episodes are happening!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I only found out about this 2 days ago, but just remembered to contribute this morning. I threw down a hefty pledge, sadly not in time before the $5.5 mil stretch goal, BUT there is a blurb about an "original" 5.8 mil, and I hope we get there, just to add some purpose to the telethon!

Speaking of telethon, I hope they bring Ortega back :pray:

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

DrVenkman posted:

AVALANCHE is an all-timer for me. So many of the jokes land. It's up there with HORROR OF PARTY BEACH for comfort viewing.

she died as she lived: completely lit up.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
New update posted and new final challenge goals:

quote:

FINAL CHALLENGE #1: If we're able to beat our previous Kickstarter record, and reach either $5.8M or 49,000 backers, our upcoming 3-D episode will also be our first-ever Halloween Special... and we'll give free 3-D glasses to all backers!*

quote:

FINAL CHALLENGE #2: If we can break our "total" record and reach $6,364,230, we'll add a THIRTEENTH EPISODE to Season 13 – a NEW HOLIDAY SPECIAL featuring JONAH, EMILY and JOEL – and we'll add an extra month to all Gizmoplex Pass rewards so you can see it!

That last one is HECKIN ambitious and I hope we get there. :ohdear:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Barudak posted:

Cry Wilderness is just magical though

I'm not saying I'm high, but my dog is and I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I'm not saying I'm high, but my dog is and I am.

yo check your email, i have pms turned off