Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Lock's buggest flaw is that he's incredibly annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Lock's buggest flaw is that he's incredibly annoying.

I love his personality. I just wish he had skills too

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Remember that time we almost got Rodgers? That was a pretty cool couple of hours.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I choose to believe it could still happen

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Depends on whether or not he's serious about not playing. Then it'd be between us and the Raiders as his list was Denver, Vegas, and SF(who look to be out of the running after last night.)

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I'm sure Surtain will be fine, but if we weren't taking Fields, why didn't we make the trade with Chicago and get that extra 1st round pick next year and then take Farley, Newsome, or Samuel Jr. If we decide that Lock is not the answer, having two 1st rounders should give you ammunition to trade up in 2022 for a QB.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

As expected, Broncos pick up Chubb's 5th year option.

Ginger Beer Belly posted:

I'm sure Surtain will be fine, but if we weren't taking Fields, why didn't we make the trade with Chicago and get that extra 1st round pick next year and then take Farley, Newsome, or Samuel Jr. If we decide that Lock is not the answer, having two 1st rounders should give you ammunition to trade up in 2022 for a QB.

One of many, many questions that I have about this first pick.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1388204577095303171?s=20

I'm not so sure we'd have to trade up for this guy. I do like him for the run game though since Melvin Gordon is hot garbage.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

3 DONG HORSE posted:

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1388204577095303171?s=20

I'm not so sure we'd have to trade up for this guy. I do like him for the run game though since Melvin Gordon is hot garbage.

I was really hoping that pick was Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah or Tevin Jenkins, but I guess I don't hate it. The cost for trading up seems to be giving them our 4th for their 6th. It's just odd to see them spend the highest pick on a RB since Knowshon Moreno.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Ginger Beer Belly posted:

I was really hoping that pick was Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah or Tevin Jenkins, but I guess I don't hate it. The cost for trading up seems to be giving them our 4th for their 6th. It's just odd to see them spend the highest pick on a RB since Knowshon Moreno.

If he ends up good, then we won't have to draft a RB for a couple years at least though, so there's that. We know what we got with the other guys. There's a lot of upside here. I don't hate the pick, I just think trading up was a bit of a reach.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Slater and Asante Jr is a dream draft for the Chargers so far

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I am so sad

Passing on Marshall and Brown for cap management

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
https://twitter.com/Broncos/status/1388162305536446467?s=20

I notice they cut out the kid's response

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I think Paton nailed Day 2. Good value in all the picks.

Did he give a big ol' "WHAT THE gently caress, DAD!"

?

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 04:54 on May 1, 2021

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Any names in the draft better than Divine Diablo Deablo so far?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

japtor posted:

Any names in the draft better than Divine Diablo Deablo so far?

Tre' McKitty is pretty good. It's the apostrophe that gets me.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Tre' McKitty is pretty good. It's the apostrophe that gets me.
I think anything McKitty would be good. I wonder if it's actually supposed to be an apostrophe or just got entered that way in a system way back and he's just gone along with it since then. Down at the bottom:

https://georgiadogs.com/sports/football/roster/tre--mckitty/4896

quote:

Personal: Full name: TRÉ ROOSEVELT McKITTY...earned his undergraduate degree at FSU in Criminology
Officer McKitty

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kiimo posted:

I am so sad

Passing on Marshall and Brown for cap management
Hitchens sucks though. Not sure what you mean.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/FootballPost/status/1388333877844926464?s=20

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LiquidFriend posted:

Hitchens sucks though. Not sure what you mean.

Is Bolton going to be so much better though? Also using that pick for anything that doesn't pay dividends immediately seems like a bad strategy since we're in win-now mode.

If Bolton out performs his worrisome issues (3 code and 20 shuffle are slow) that's great but I'd love it if he immediately took over Nieman's snaps but I don't think that's his forte. I bristle at LB at that position basically unless he's a surefire hit and Bolton doesn't seem like he is.

Creed is a home run though

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Denver I think your secondary is fine

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kiimo posted:

Is Bolton going to be so much better though? Also using that pick for anything that doesn't pay dividends immediately seems like a bad strategy since we're in win-now mode.

If Bolton out performs his worrisome issues (3 code and 20 shuffle are slow) that's great but I'd love it if he immediately took over Nieman's snaps but I don't think that's his forte. I bristle at LB at that position basically unless he's a surefire hit and Bolton doesn't seem like he is.

Creed is a home run though
Than Hitchens? Yeah he will be once he adjusts to the NFL.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The Broncos defense is going to be loving nutty this year. I just hope it's good enough to slow Mahomes and Herbert...

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I can't wait to see what 4D chess the Broncos are playing to get Rodgers. They could give GB most of a good secondary and that might be enough.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I hope they have a plan. If we stick with Lock we aren't winning poo poo in this division.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

ChocolatePancake posted:

I hope they have a plan. If we stick with Lock we aren't winning poo poo in this division.

At the very least, he has the tools in place now to succeed with absolutely no excuses for not improving this year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chargers did good as hell. The first two picks are instant starters and they didn't have to trade up for them.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
He had most of those pieces last season and did poo poo with them, so I'm cautiously pessimistic.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Lock had the tools last year, skill positions are loaded and the defense was great, he's just not very good and doesn't look like he'll improve enough to be a starter.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Lock had the tools last year, skill positions are loaded and the defense was great, he's just not very good and doesn't look like he'll improve enough to be a starter.

ChocolatePancake posted:

He had most of those pieces last season and did poo poo with them, so I'm cautiously pessimistic.

Same. I don't think we'll see any real change unless he worked out with Kareem in the off-season

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I think every AFC West team except for the Raiders did fine. They should have probably kept the oline they had and passed on needing to overdraft Leatherwood.

Denver did fine but I don't think it's going to bring them any additional wins.

The Chiefs draft looks dull as hell on paper but is a good one. Not finding a new #2 WR stings though.

The Chargers did well but they do all the time and don't have much to show for it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The second half of the Chiefs draft blew me the gently caress away.

The Chiefs managed to get PFF's second best guard in the sixth round, he's an absolute unit. He also has blood clotting issues but they haven't surfaced since 2018. Soooo he may die, but he also may start in the next year.

They got a beast of a receiver that was buried on the Clemson depth chart and a TE that looks extremely similar to Kelce. A+ draft and the wall of beef in front of Mahomes is going to be glorious.

Brown 6'8, 355lbs
Thuney 6'5 310lbs
Creed 6'4 320lbs
Smith 6'5 321lbs
Niang 6'6 315lbs

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Decided to look that up for Herbert as well.

He is going to be happy.

Slater: 6'3, 315
Feiler: 6'6, 330
Linsley: 6'3, 301
Aboushi: 6'5, 320
Bulaga: 6'5, 315

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The Chiefs have like 15 linemen on the roster now, and all of them except like Remmers are guys they've spent some sort of at least somewhat significant resources on?

I guess I hope Andy Heck can figure out which the best of them are. And Remmers will be back either way because of course.

e: oh they spent a fair amount of cash on him too. Someone who I am currently at least interested in is getting his rear end cut.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 2, 2021

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Significantly less than they were offering to Trent Williams though

I'd be worried if I was Wiley or Allegretti

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Bosa is going to kill Mahomes and wear whoever the Chiefs put at right tackle as a pelt

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Feeling good about the Chiefs draft besides the Nick Bolton pick. OL is certainly restocked, wish we had gotten a receiver in the 2nd but the Clemson guy may be alright. The tight end and blot clot guard are good picks too

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dead Men Don't Wear Pelts

edit: here's a handy guide

kiimo fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
With Creed and Trey and Thuney at IOL the Chiefs may be able to convert 3rd and 1s without a bunch of trickery