Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Rutibex posted:

if you look at his resume on Linked In he worked for a number of IQ testing companies before coming back to academics. maybe he got tapped into the same group of academic racists that promoted characters like Philippe Rushton

...Yeah ok that actually does explain everything. Literally affirmative action for fascists, lovely.

E: I don't stand by that, affirmative action is a program to combat systemic biases, while the IQ network strives to introduce them. Negative action.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Goddamn, we're all going to die. :smith:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Aaaaahahahahaha gently caress, I was just reminiscing with a fellow goon about "I've got more than enough to eat at home" literally yesterday.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

The president of the united states a mere six months ago was an obese pedophile with a second grade reading level at best and you think Jordo is disqualified from politics?
Trump hugely benefited from:
  • Having his name/his family name in the public consciousness as a constant since at least the 70's (if not earlier?)
  • Having the Apprentice show for close to a decade.
  • Not using dog-whistles (Yes, I know that Jordan is very open with his misogynistic, transphobic bullshit but it's still too much of a loving scaredy cat to actually use a blow horn like Trump)
  • Having that "Circus Shriner"-sorta showmanship.
  • The Mercers' Money

Like people know who the gently caress Donald Trump is even without internet world-wide and had known since at least the 80's/90's. Despite probably fancying himself "the most influential intellectual in the world", if you asked most people on the street would legit go :confused: "WHO?" because JorP is mostly a known quantity for extremely online dumbasses.

That being said: It wouldn't hurt to take any and whatever remaining political aspirations this fuckhead has and stomp them into the ground.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 3, 2021

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Jordan Peterson will probably join the People's Party of Canada

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Zugzwang posted:

By all accounts, Jorp was a great lecturer and his students loved his classes, but that was before he got into this culture war stuff. He doesn't appear to have always been such an openly hateful jackass. Note the operative word "openly."

The fact that he's an addiction expert who took the route that he did to get off benzos is just bizarre. That poo poo could've killed him.

And didn't his daughter have something to do with getting him that treatment plan too? Tbh his interactions with his attractive, manipulative daughter remind me a lot of Turmpf and Ivanka.
It's so Stalin can give Jorp the Spiderman kiss

yeah. having watched some of his videos, i can see why people like him, especially if your ignorent of what he is talking about, JORP does good lectures or Good sounding lectures. my aunt gets into folks like gladwell and lots of Woo type fucks and i could see her falling for peterson hard because he can sound very smart even when he isnt.

Wark Say posted:

Trump hugely benefited from:
  • Having his name/his family name in the public consciousness as a constant since at least the 70's (if not earlier?)
  • Having the Apprentice show for close to a decade.
  • Not using dog-whistles (Yes, I know that Jordan is very open with his misogynistic, transphobic bullshit but it's still too much of a loving scaredy cat to actually use a blow horn like Trump)
  • Having that "Circus Shriner"-sorta showmanship.
  • The Mercers' Money

Like people know who the gently caress Donald Trump is even without internet world-wide and had known since at least the 80's/90's. Despite probably fancying himself "the most influential intellectual in the world", if you asked most people on the street would legit go :confused: "WHO?" because JorP is mostly a known quantity for extremely online dumbasses.

That being said: It wouldn't hurt to take any and whatever remaining political aspirations this fuckhead has and stomp them into the ground.

this. also JORP is a academic and alot of chuds loving HATE that poo poo even if the academic is a chud.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Trump took power because he was able to buy his way into the Republican primary and then use the debate stage to just utterly humiliate the neocon fossils voters hated (and Ted Cruz), he woulda done just fine without his wrestlemania appearances but they might have taught him a thing or two about giving the audience what they want. if you don't think there's a hundred no-name debate-club fascists out there trying and frequently succeeding at replicating his technique lower in the ticket and scores of billionaires looking to finance those clowns I don't know where you've been the last four years, but you should probably just stay there, it sounds nice

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 3, 2021

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Trump took power because he was able to buy his way into the Republican primary and then use the debate stage to just utterly humiliate the neocon fossils voters hated (and Ted Cruz), he woulda done just fine without his wrestlemania appearances but they might have taught him a thing or two about giving the audience what they want. if you don't think there's a hundred no-name debate-club fascists out there trying and frequently succeeding at replicating his technique lower in the ticket and scores of billionaires looking to finance those clowns I don't know where you've been the last four years, but you should probably just stay there, it sounds nice
I don't know. Like I can see the thing about 100 no-name fascists all around the US/Canada starting to get into positions of power by emulating some of the same things that made POTUS Trump happen in the first place, but a lot of the things that keep the GOP/Chuds into the Trump train is the cult of personality, and there's definitely a "glass ceiling" of sorts (I know that reads/sounds far-fetched for white dudes, but bear with me here). Like I am vaguely aware that, once their "failidol" (to call it something) becomes passé, members of cults of personality just move on to the next one while changing precious little else. And right now, it's hard to think about anyone that can take that away from Donald Trump. Like even if you went down the line and decided to evoke the Trump last name, who do you have: 4 different brands of adult idiot failson (meaning Jr, Ivanka, Jared and Eric) flavor. Romney? gently caress that. Cruz? His one legit shot was in 2016 and that went kaput (someone might be able to find and quote that one post that described Ted Cruz at length and it ended with "Ted is a waste" or something to that effect) the moment Trump was a known quantity.

Like obviously something Trump-shaped/-smelling is coming down the road, but I think it needs to be something that people can rail behind. And I don't see any Intellectual Dork-Web, Peterson-flavored shitheads (or even the original recipe himself!) filling that gap.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Just idle thoughts here but jorpii is more or less peggy hill, minus all the charisma

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

Just idle thoughts here but jorpii is more or less peggy hill, minus all the charisma

peggy hill knew how to cook

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Who What Now posted:

Also Rob Ford is in Canadian politics, soooooo

Ive got news for you.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Poohs Packin posted:

Ive got news for you.

I'm gonna assume it was just a name mix up. I've done it.

Me, last month: "Did you hear what Rob Ford said today?"

My dad: "Uhh, likely nothing?"

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Rutibex posted:

peggy hill knew how to cook

Peggy stole her brown betty recipe from JP.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Wark Say posted:

I don't know. Like I can see the thing about 100 no-name fascists all around the US/Canada starting to get into positions of power by emulating some of the same things that made POTUS Trump happen in the first place, but a lot of the things that keep the GOP/Chuds into the Trump train is the cult of personality, and there's definitely a "glass ceiling" of sorts (I know that reads/sounds far-fetched for white dudes, but bear with me here). Like I am vaguely aware that, once their "failidol" (to call it something) becomes passé, members of cults of personality just move on to the next one while changing precious little else. And right now, it's hard to think about anyone that can take that away from Donald Trump. Like even if you went down the line and decided to evoke the Trump last name, who do you have: 4 different brands of adult idiot failson (meaning Jr, Ivanka, Jared and Eric) flavor. Romney? gently caress that. Cruz? His one legit shot was in 2016 and that went kaput (someone might be able to find and quote that one post that described Ted Cruz at length and it ended with "Ted is a waste" or something to that effect) the moment Trump was a known quantity.

Like obviously something Trump-shaped/-smelling is coming down the road, but I think it needs to be something that people can rail behind. And I don't see any Intellectual Dork-Web, Peterson-flavored shitheads (or even the original recipe himself!) filling that gap.

I don't think the next arch-chud to take the throne is gonna be any easier to call now than the Trump presidency was in early 2013. I don't really think the Trump dynasty is gonna elbow anyone out either; nobody was personally loyal to Donald James Trump even when he was in office and he had no built-in constituency in the party beyond guys who love assholes. The man was and is expendable he just represents the possibility of real political power for all the Steve Bannon type wannabe school shooters who dominate the rightwing electorate but who the party's previous Reaganite leadership would call the cops on on sight, and it seems like much the same dynamic is being repeated with reactionary movements in most of the world right now

Peterson will never see any office because instead of calling his opponent a cuck on the debate stage he'd just have a big ol cry about dragons, but there's plenty of others that fit the bill if they can secure funding

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 5, 2021

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Wark Say posted:

I dunno if it needs to be a single horrible person. Trump did a bang-up job of making all kinds of horrible stuff politically acceptable. We've now experienced attempted coups, both through force (Jan 6) and relentless disinformation (the voting fraud BS). Once those kinds of norms are shattered, things take a long long time to recover.

Meanwhile, all kinds of forces have been working for a long time to pull the country further and further to the right, both federally and locally. Death by a thousand cuts etc. Jorp and his Intellectual Dork Web compatriots are part of this too. They all act as Trojan horses to the far right in their own ways. Jorp pulls people in with personal responsibility while pushing misogyny and transphobia. Sam Harris claims to be all about civil conversation and clarity of thought but cannot seem to shut the gently caress up about how systemic racism isn't a thing nor about race and IQ (sense a theme there?). Eric Weinstein constantly derides all institutions because they won't recognize ~*his genius*~. Joe Rogan is Joe Rogan. This would all be well and good if these chuds didn't have some of the most popular podcasts/platforms out there. It's hard not to see them as gateway drugs to the kinds of politics that don't even claim to be reasonable.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

DickParasite posted:

Peggy stole her brown betty recipe from JP.

I'll fight you

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Donald James Trump
John.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

John James Trump? That doesn't sound right.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX0a2gBJAAw

He looks a lot younger here, so I think it's safe to say he was always a terrible speaker who somehow tricked other morons into thinking he was smart.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

He looks a lot younger here, so I think it's safe to say he was always a terrible speaker who somehow tricked other morons into thinking he was smart.
That seems distressingly on the mark, especially given the article Palpek shared, which sounds like the friend got smoke + mirrored/dazzled or trying to justify why Peterson has become the dumbass' idea of a smart man.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jrdn Ptrsn

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
all this debate and handwringing over how he got so successful despite being an abject mouth-breathing knuckle dragging neoconservative shitgibbon. all running off a baseline assumption that there must be SOMETHING of value here, otherwise that would mean that right wing dipshits will latch on to any ideological justification for their bigotry no matter how naked and obviously dumbwrong it is.

he's successful because right wing dipshits will latch on to any ideoloigcal justification for their bigotry no matter how naked and obviously dumbwrong it is. that's why. that's the answer. the sooner you come to grips with it the sooner you will realize it's okay to redacted redacted parody redacted them all with a steamroller. in minecraft.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I agree in broad strokes, but I'm not sure I'm quite willing to write off the entire University of Toronto or field of psychology. Some of those folks do actual good work.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Counterpoint: they hired Jordan Peterson. Checkmate.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Who What Now posted:

Counterpoint: they hired Jordan Peterson. Checkmate.

if i wanted my august institution, nay, my entire academic field to be respected, i would simply not hire jordan "lobster racist" peterson, known Dipshit Fuckerman. quod eto ergo cummies.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jortman Petersout.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
chugging ayahuasca so i can vividly hallucinate new episodes of The Muppet Show where they cover different culture warriors and its kermit in a tweed coat talking about chaos dragons and cleaning his room snd then he fcukin just vores ms piggy in one giant mouthful. kids in the audience are screaming, meanwhile kermit peterson cralws into an overturned metal bucket to amplify his croaks while he digests his screaming meal.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jordy Peteyson

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Porban D. Jeterson

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxPQm202Fvg

It is pretty funny that he said abstinence isnt commendable to Ben Shapiro, who brags he was abstinent until he married his dry-pussied wife.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

It seems he really can't stop himself from crying in every interview now and it doesn't matter which topic is being discussed while he does this. Nothing wrong with being emotional for normal people but he's a conservative pet and I don't know for how long right-wing pundits will keep being interested in inviting a whiny washed up benzo addict to talk about life values, it's kinda against the brand. Especially when the guy can't get fully in line and inadvertently insults them.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

chugging ayahuasca so i can vividly hallucinate new episodes of The Muppet Show where they cover different culture warriors and its kermit in a tweed coat talking about chaos dragons and cleaning his room snd then he fcukin just vores ms piggy in one giant mouthful. kids in the audience are screaming, meanwhile kermit peterson cralws into an overturned metal bucket to amplify his croaks while he digests his screaming meal.

Oh boy, do I have the audio book for you

https://nevergotfamous.bandcamp.com/album/fraggle-oblivion

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
JP is trending on twitter right now

why? because of people responding to this tweet lol owned JP

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Who's Gonzo

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ligma balls

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Rutibex posted:

JP is trending on twitter right now

why? because of people responding to this tweet lol owned JP

i know it's not the biggest thing in that thread, but...

https://twitter.com/Rosalind10/status/1391928648198868996

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
bleh

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Jordan Pooterson

Because his ideas are like a fart !

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Palpek posted:

It seems he really can't stop himself from crying in every interview now and it doesn't matter which topic is being discussed while he does this. Nothing wrong with being emotional for normal people but he's a conservative pet and I don't know for how long right-wing pundits will keep being interested in inviting a whiny washed up benzo addict to talk about life values, it's kinda against the brand. Especially when the guy can't get fully in line and inadvertently insults them.

Did he do that much before? Because I'm starting to worry dude's diet, addiction, and coma adventure have hosed up his brain proper.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

all this debate and handwringing over how he got so successful despite being an abject mouth-breathing knuckle dragging neoconservative shitgibbon. all running off a baseline assumption that there must be SOMETHING of value here, otherwise that would mean that right wing dipshits will latch on to any ideological justification for their bigotry no matter how naked and obviously dumbwrong it is.

he's successful because right wing dipshits will latch on to any ideoloigcal justification for their bigotry no matter how naked and obviously dumbwrong it is. that's why. that's the answer. the sooner you come to grips with it the sooner you will realize it's okay to redacted redacted parody redacted them all with a steamroller. in minecraft.

I think there's still some space for discussion because some of these guys rise to some form of prominence but most remain on the level of Laura Loomer (if that notable), and it's an interesting question of which ones are destined for lovely greatness and which ones are going nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Edit: nm

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 13, 2021