Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

Lebron is NOT back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Believe the SAS style guide necessitates BACK also be capitalized

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Surprised they are resting him against Denver as surely they'd rather play them in the 1st round than the Clippers.

Edit: did not realize they sild back into the 7th seed.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
He is BACK on the injured list

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

the team vibes for the lakers are crashing at an alarming rate

https://twitter.com/paraaand/status/1389265966928904200

e: actually that photo was a couple weeks ago, i remember hating AD's garbage rear end outfit

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Lebron is gonna get Dennis traded now

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

LeBron may not be BACK but Marvin Bagley certainly is BAC

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Paperback Writer posted:

Lebron is gonna get Dennis traded now

He's gonna get Dennis addicted to crack and force him into homelessness.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Who knew Dwight was the glue guy ?

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I can't believe how many play-in hating nerds there are in this thread.

I also can't believe that my liege hasn't been jabbed!! What the gently caress sir!!!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Cool Buff Man posted:

[Aerosmith vocals] Love on the portland blazers

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
From now on, every time he misses a game for rest or is seen in a crowded environment, we must ask: Is LeBron James VAXXED?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Next technical Luka gets suspended. The counter gets reset in the playoffs, does that include the play-in?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Seeing that grey beard an feeling old.
https://twitter.com/alleniverson/status/1389310277838049287?s=19

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

WhyteRyce posted:

Next technical Luka gets suspended. The counter gets reset in the playoffs, does that include the play-in?

What does he get all the technicals for?

Who is in the running to win this year's Rasheed Wallace Technical Fouls Award?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Veryslightlymad posted:

What does he get all the technicals for?

Who is in the running to win this year's Rasheed Wallace Technical Fouls Award?

Dwight and Luka I think

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Luka is generally in the ear of officials all game and he gets frustrated and curses at the refs when the game is going poorly, even if the call is right.

That said, his two techs against the Kings were weak. One was for saying "hell no" and one was for shooting a full-court shot after a timeout (which he does 5x a game, but the ref interpreted it as frustration bc Rick got ejected).

Russ also has 14 techs IIRC

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Last night on a defensive rebound he clearly put both arms around Marvin Bagley's waist as the latter went up for a rebound. Marvin stumbled to the floor after and got the call. Luke did some exasperated "no way!" pout around the court after that. It's a small thing but if he's bitching about the most obvious, low stakes calls all the time then I can see officials just getting fed up and whistling up even normally unoffensive stuff when they get irritated enough.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The worst thing about LeBron not getting vaccinated is all the awful Sixers fans posts it inspired today.

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Surprised they are resting him against Denver as surely they'd rather play them in the 1st round than the Clippers.

Edit: did not realize they sild back into the 7th seed.

I think he legitimately can’t go. The Lakers made a run at the end of the game yesterday and he still did not come back in.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

WhyteRyce posted:

Last night on a defensive rebound he clearly put both arms around Marvin Bagley's waist as the latter went up for a rebound. Marvin stumbled to the floor after and got the call. Luke did some exasperated "no way!" pout around the court after that. It's a small thing but if he's bitching about the most obvious, low stakes calls all the time then I can see officials just getting fed up and whistling up even normally unoffensive stuff when they get irritated enough.

I think this is it, he reigned it in for a while, but every game is so important now that when he's losing he can't help it. I mean, I can relate, I'm a giant baby about this stuff too

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Luka whines more than Jokic which is very hard to do.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Morey has been waiting 18 months for this moment.

https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/1389091571983953922

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

oh today is the espn Marvel poo poo.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

WhyteRyce posted:

After the game Luka said "I won't get another one. Don't worry." Amazing.

jackofarcades posted:

Luka is generally in the ear of officials all game and he gets frustrated and curses at the refs when the game is going poorly, even if the call is right.

Yup. Luka is amazing to watch, but he's top of the NBA at bitching about calls non-stop.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Cavsanada/status/1389348857138450432

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Paperback Writer posted:

oh today is the espn Marvel poo poo.

Yeah, curious to see what they're doing, and they're flipping people off with the Infinity Gauntlet accidentally on ESPN.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Just a general question but preseason I put down the lakers would repeat based on the fact it was time to stop doubting LBJ; if asked that question today I wouldn’t put them even getting to the conference finals.

How many other flip floppers are in this thread?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If Lebron is healthy in the playoffs they are still the favorite to win

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

I forget, doesn't that mean that Cade would then go to the Pels? lol

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

euphronius posted:

If Lebron is healthy in the playoffs they are still the favorite to win

Father Time might have come for LeBron's ankle. Even if he gets better, it might be hard for him to be in playoff conditioning mode since he has never missed this much time in his career. It has typically been foolish to bet against LeBron's health but I worry we might be done seeing LeBron regularly play like LeBron.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the great ones tell their ankles "not today"

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Spacebump posted:

Father Time might have come for LeBron's ankle. Even if he gets better, it might be hard for him to be in playoff conditioning mode since he has never missed this much time in his career. It has typically been foolish to bet against LeBron's health but I worry we might be done seeing LeBron regularly play like LeBron.

and while he's fighting off F.T., Mama Roni is gonna come in from behind and go for his unprotected heart and lungs

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol: Draymond is Dr. Strange

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

The worst thing about LeBron not getting vaccinated is all the awful Sixers fans posts it inspired today.

I think covid might be worse tbh

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
The 1-2 seeds should have a play-off to see who is the 1 seed too.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Rick posted:

You're an adult supposedly and yet you still posted this.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The Marvel thing seems very low-rent

CoolRanch
Apr 5, 2019

a new study bible! posted:

Someone translate hero points to VORP please.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Kibner posted:

I forget, doesn't that mean that Cade would then go to the Pels? lol

Hahah, yeah. It is 1-7 reverse protected.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

You're an adult supposedly and yet you still posted this.

:iceburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

a new study bible! posted:

Counterpoint It loving owns

https://twitter.com/ComplexSports/status/1389373278146416646