Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Spergin Morlock posted:

can u tell when someone is a psychopath by looking at their brain mri?

No, clinical correlation required.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Lol when you find out how many people dont drink water

I once stopped drinking coffee cold turkey for a while because of GERD issues, and my throat actually got worse, and then they figured out because I stopped drinking coffee and barely offset any of it with any other fluid I was chronically dehydrated as poo poo

Coffee is water

Beer is also water

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

So I'm full of slut juice and have to fly in mid-May, what's the most protective mask I will be able to get past TSA? can you rock an elastometric on planes or will I need to do like a KF94?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Boy I sure do wish that the country hadn't steadily undercut regulatory agencies and independent press for over half a century to the point where nobody trusts anything anymore.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Zisky posted:

No deaths in LA County for the second day straight, first time that's happened in over a year.

I'm starting to feel...less doomed?

NO THEY ARE JUST HIDING THE DEAD BODIES THE HUGE TIDAL WAVE OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION IS COMING ANY DAY NOW JUST YOU WAIT

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Corbeau posted:

Boy I sure do wish that the country hadn't steadily undercut regulatory agencies and independent press for over half a century to the point where nobody trusts anything anymore.

This could be a sign of a serious cognitive disorder called CAVE SYNDROME.

floffytoffy
Mar 10, 2007

a cat am I
2nd shot clinic was almost empty compared to the 1st. Sure hope everyone who didn't show up just found a more convenient time slot than Monday afternoon since you could pick from any day this week but that's probably not the case :smith:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Asproigerosis posted:

if you guys really want to know how wide and gapingly open we are, I have to have patients take off their mask for the mri because of the little twist tie for the nose which is just raw iron. The absolute universal response is one of joy, relief, freedom. Oh thank god! gently caress these masks! Everyone is elated to take the mask off for their scans. I've only had ONE patient who refused to unmask and it took us some time to explain to him that yes it'd be fine in the mri, but it would be literally impossible geometry wise for him to keep wearing his 3M elastomer for a brain mri because it wouldn't fit in the coil at all.

Weird how the only one was a sociopath half respirator wearer who should be seeing a therapist.

Dude, I've crawled through an MRI, there is totally room for a resprator

Stoop Kid
Jan 17, 2007

Afraid to leave his stoop.
https://youtu.be/lKZsGhi6bx4

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

These are the QR codes you have to scan to get into places in America

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

To all the zoomers not inspired about Chelsea clinton talking about how you need the vaccine for spinach pancakes: you not wanting to risk your life to get sexually harassed by your boss in an office setting when you can be more productive at home in your underwear is CAVE SYNDROME

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Asproigerosis posted:

NO THEY ARE JUST HIDING THE DEAD BODIES THE HUGE TIDAL WAVE OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION IS COMING ANY DAY NOW JUST YOU WAIT

im so glad we have a great ik itt who isn't a dumb dipshit at all

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

paperwind posted:

Is it possible to buy home gym equipment and weights again, or is it still as hosed as trying to buy a bicycle frame or components is right now?

Yeah you can get most things depending on what you're looking at. I got a rack, bar, bench and mats within a week of ordering, didn't even have to freight that poo poo. Everything is marked up tho. Some accessories and poo poo do sell out super fast

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Dolphin posted:

I haven't worked up the courage to return to the gym yet and also i'm a lazy sack of poo poo

'courage' isn't the word you are looking for there.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

*Takes eyes out of giant binoculars looking at pillar of human ash rising across the pacific*

You don't need to yell, the virus in asia is never coming over here and even if we did, our healthcare is the best in the world. It would never spread here.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

ram dass in hell posted:

im so glad we have a great ik itt who isn't a dumb dipshit at all

how dare you insult me, a veteran of the roni wars. I was on the front line! Do you have any idea what it was like having to sit in my faraday dungeon, waiting until that roni patient bomb dropped and I had to interact with one patient with covid a week?

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

paperwind posted:

Is it possible to buy home gym equipment and weights again, or is it still as hosed as trying to buy a bicycle frame or components is right now?

well i just got an email saying my sword i tried to buy in march is now backordered until september. i think buying anything is impossible right now

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Thoguh posted:

'courage' isn't the word you are looking for there.

if you die from the gym you go to valhalla

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

jarofpiss posted:

The only true armed combat is posting, op

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Teenage Riot posted:

I once stopped drinking coffee cold turkey for a while because of GERD issues, and my throat actually got worse, and then they figured out because I stopped drinking coffee and barely offset any of it with any other fluid I was chronically dehydrated as poo poo

Coffee is water

Beer is also water

I stopped drinking coffee because of GERD as well and it didn't help my GERD at all after like 6 months so I Started drinking it again because I love the taste.

Turned out my massive haital hernia and loose esophageal sphincter were the real culprits that surgery had to fix lmao

I also do not drink enough water though and frequently get dehydration headaches. I'm a very stupid person.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
fundoplication? I hardly knew her!

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

fosborb posted:

could use 2 months before then, tbh

It's better than nothing, since I'll probably be sending my kid to school under threat of arrest for truancy by the end of summer.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

pfizer 2, folks: it's unpleasant

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Asproigerosis posted:

fundoplication? I hardly knew her!

Gots me a nissen!

lmao if you get this surgery you can never puke again which is a good thing and a bad thing.

I'm absolutely terrified of getting norovirus. I'm pretty sure I'd die.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

silicone thrills posted:

I stopped drinking coffee because of GERD as well and it didn't help my GERD at all after like 6 months so I Started drinking it again because I love the taste.

Turned out my massive haital hernia and loose esophageal sphincter were the real culprits that surgery had to fix lmao

I also do not drink enough water though and frequently get dehydration headaches. I'm a very stupid person.

I lost a ton of body weight years ago and the one thing they don't tell you about that is how perpetually thirsty you are

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Business Gorillas posted:

Turns out Jewish hypochondria is p good for plagues

I know it's at least part of what's been driving me to persevere.

I was charting myself and my wife's temperatures/SpO2 readings twice a day for a few months when this started, I actually wonder where that paper went...

Zisky has issued a correction as of 01:10 on May 4, 2021

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

twoday posted:

https://twitter.com/sciam/status/1389261094959583236?s=20

If it’s in scientific American, it’s science* sorry

* science, america-style

goon cave syndrome

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Asproigerosis posted:

I *might* trust it a bit less if I didn't personally know the woman that runs the official numbers every day.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1389280352972255234?s=20

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

jarofpiss posted:

Yeah, but only if you die in a cool way while actually at the gym.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

jarofpiss posted:

well i just got an email saying my sword i tried to buy in march is now backordered until september. i think buying anything is impossible right now

Let's see the loving sword

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

twoday posted:

https://twitter.com/sciam/status/1389261094959583236?s=20

If it’s in scientific American, it’s science* sorry

* science, america-style

Lol, if you read through the article it lists other stuff she's written for scientific american and her prior article was about how vaccines being scarce would encourage vaccine hesitant people to get jabs.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Every single one of these articles always talks about people not wanting to get on airplanes or eat indoors at restaurants and presents it like there is no way these people aren't complete shut ins because there are obviously no things people could do that aren't either total isolation or an Applebee's suck and gently caress.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

https://twitter.com/SamBraslow/status/1389347315714908165?s=20

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

Let's see the loving sword

im gonna buy a different better in-stock sword now

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Asproigerosis posted:

how dare you insult me, a veteran of the roni wars. I was on the front line! Do you have any idea what it was like having to sit in my faraday dungeon, waiting until that roni patient bomb dropped and I had to interact with one patient with covid a week?

i lost my job in april 2020 and am homeless, so it sounds like you've had a great time making yr big fancy doctor money and making GBS threads on cspammers itt like our other copl big fancy doctor bros

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I guess I am lucky in terms of being anti social and the place I am currently at has a home gym, theatre, sauna and pool. Don't need to go anywhere

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

anyone in a medical related field is a chode

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Ok but what if your cave syndrome has been going on longer than the pandemic?

also, caves are good. they keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter. who doesn’t like caves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Desperately waiting for someone to try and use cave syndrome against me in the wild but I burned all my brunch liberal bridges during the george floyd protests