Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Smirking_Serpent posted:

r/relationships: By 18 weeks or so the genitals are pretty obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Gender reveal parties are possible because the nurse will write down the gender in a sealed envelope which you then give to the party thrower without looking at it

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

haveblue posted:

Gender reveal parties are possible because the nurse will write down the gender in a sealed envelope which you then give to the party thrower without looking at it

well if you have the platinum premium healthcare they'll pack the pipe bombs for you, save some time.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
AITA for suggesting my wife become a stripper?

quote:

Edit: Accidentally wrote wife when it should be gf.

So money is kinda sparse for me and my gf. We’ve been job searching for better opportunities but no luck. I was up job searching late at night and I found out that top strippers in our city make a LOT of money. Not to brag but my gf has a huge rear end and knows how to move it. She’s facially attractive and knows how to chat with people. I thought she would be perfect as a stripper. So next morning I talked to her about it and she flipped out.

Yelling at me, accusing me of trying to pimp her out, saying I must think she is a whore. I told her I didn’t think any of those things. Just thought that she would be great at this job that pays great money. This made her get even more mad because”Why the gently caress would you think I would be good at that huh?” I told her to forget it but she didn’t want to. Said that I should be the one to get a thong and go strip for a living. Said since I’m the man that I should be the one taking risks to provide. I went outside to let her cool off.

Do you think I was the rear end in a top hat for what I suggested or did she overreact?

:thunk:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

This is the first time I've seen the gif with the smile at the end.

Which, in context, makes me feel a little uncomfortable.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Oh hey 85 new posts since I checked this thread a couple hours ago I wonder what happ-

:stonk:

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

WIBTA for serving Chipotle at my wedding?
Yes, absolutely. Chipotle is gross. Just serve bbq like everyone else who can't really afford their own wedding.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

I briefly googled it but didn't come up with a definitive answer, what are even the current covid unemployment bennies? When the whole thing started the benefits alone were worth more than a 40 hour workweek at min wage was p funny, you had to make something like 65k before it was actually more income to be employed (more than 21/hr). Have they relaxed since then?

This is from a few pages back but never got an answer: the average state benefit payout for the country is ~$300/week (varies quite a bit by state and individual income situation ofc) and there's an extra flat $300/week added on as part of the latest stimulus, so one could reasonably assume that the average person on UI right now is getting ~$600/week, roughly equivalent to working full-time for $15/hr. There's obviously quite a few people for whom this is drastically more than they'd be able to make by working, see also: the restaurant industry's current hiring woes

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

...did you never look at an ultrasound of your baby? It's hard to imagine parents not knowing unless they were actively going out of their way not to look at the imaging.
If the baby has its legs crossed over its genitals, which it sometimes does because fetal position is real, the ultrasound tech doesn't know, either. (At least that was the case 30 years ago, and maybe ultrasound is magic now.)

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Arsenic Lupin posted:

If the baby has its legs crossed over its genitals, which it sometimes does because fetal position is real, the ultrasound tech doesn't know, either. (At least that was the case 30 years ago, and maybe ultrasound is magic now.)

We didn't want to know either and at our 20 week ultrasound the baby had their leg up by their face and so you couldn't have seen it at all either way.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

The Glumslinger posted:

AITA for suggesting my wife become a stripper?

:thunk:

"Honey you have an rear end that just won't quit and I need you to take that literally"

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Arsenic Lupin posted:

You can do 3D ultrasounds now I think, but those are for more specialized stuff

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

All sympathy for that single mom evaporated when I got to the second update where she revealed her addiction to abuse.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
I(F22) believe my bestfriend(F22) is being cheated on by her boyfriend(M27). How should I approach her?

quote:

So my(F22) friend(F22) has been dating this guy(M27) for close to 6 months now. We are both living abroad at the moment, and she met him in this country and plans to stay here with him or wherever he may go (if our current country location is important I will disclose it in the comments). He seems nice, but also has had a long history of clubbing and making friends with benefits (important later).

From what I had initially seen of him, he had been really sweet to her, bringing her flowers and chocolates, and spending nearly every day with her and they get along really well. After a few months went by, he would cancel their weekend plans together saying his parents needed help with something, which apparently would take all weekend + Friday and happen multiple times? He also pulled this on her for Valentines day saying that his family was all getting together for it so he couldn't see her at all that day, but that he could see her some other day and celebrate then instead. Her family is aware of him and have met him over videocall a few times, but his family has 0 idea about her existence. This already raised some red flags to me considering he claims he wants to go the long distance with her, but just doesn't want her to meet any of his friends or let his family know she's in the picture now. Also, if his mom or dad call him while together, he'll either leave the building or tell her not to make a sound.

Anyway, 2 weeks ago he went to the U.S. to visit some friends there. Since leaving he hasn't videocalled or voicecalled my friend at all (they use an internet based texting app, so it's not an issue with a sim card), but would text her occasionally. I'm aware there's a time difference, but this last weekend he ghosted her for 3 days, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. She heard nothing from him, and I personally think he's out clubbing and ignoring her so that he can have his fun while he's away, but still have something to come back to when he gets home.

He finally texted her back yesterday saying he was really sorry for not contacting her, but that he was quite sick from allergies and still jetlagged. I called b.s., I think the only reason he wouldn't is if he didn't want her to see something or didn't want others to see her. My friend doesn't know what to think and completely believes he couldn't be cheating on her. I want to believe the same, but the red flags keep piling up so I'm trying my best to look out for her. Where should I go from here? Am I overthinking? I've been trying to trust my gut feeling, but I don't want to make my friend feel even worse..

tl;dr My bestfriend's boyfriend is acting sketchy and giving little signs of being truthful. My bestfriend is confused and I'm not sure how to best approach her or advise her on the situation.

Bonus doormat:

My(32m)gf(30f) cheated on me and I’m literally just staying with her because she will just run off with him

quote:

She can’t be alone. And she wants me back and is desperately begging me but I know almost got a fact as soon as I leave she’s just going to run to him and he’s bad news. And my heart literally can’t take that. I’m scared of what my mind set would do when I see it happen in front of me so I’m here with her and I just want to be free. This is fresh though. Couple days. If I am absolutely sure in my heart I want out will I get the courage to leave? I don’t really have anywhere to go. Just my brothers apt my mom lives with him and none of them can really be there for me they are all busy and I have to stay in the living room and won’t even really have access to a car since I’m leaving ours to her. She has two kids. Has anyone been in my boat? I’m so confused and hurt man.

Tldr; my (32m) gf(30f) cheated on me and the only reason I’m staying is because if I leave she will just run to him almost immediately upon learning I’m not coming back.

SneezeOfTheDecade fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 4, 2021

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!
Ultra Carp

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

they're like magic eye posters but with words, you gotta unfocus your eyes to see the real post

gotta unfocus ur brain!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Bonus doormat:

My(32m)gf(30f) cheated on me and I’m literally just staying with her because she will just run off with him

She isn't your responsibility, OP

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

She isn't your responsibility, OP

What does he mean "our car"?

Do nonmarried people jointly buy cars and stuff like that? Doesn't even seem like they've had a very long relationship from the way he mentions her kids.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

pentyne posted:

What does he mean "our car"?

Do nonmarried people jointly buy cars and stuff like that? Doesn't even seem like they've had a very long relationship from the way he mentions her kids.

Either he was stupid enough to cosign for her on one, or he is that much of a doormat to give up his own ride.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

Either he was stupid enough to cosign for her on one, or he is that much of a doormat to give up his own ride.

6 days ago, same op

I(32m) am leaving my gf(31f) and it hurts so loving much I need advice on how to deal with this pain please. It’s crippling

quote:

We’ve been together about 2 1/2 years. She asked to go get drinks with some friends after work. I found out she was lying about who she was with she was with her boss and he kissed her that night. We had already been fighting a lot and I kind of had trust issues and always suspected him. I forcibly went to pick her up because she was saying her phone was dying and I was terrified I wouldn’t see her rest of night. I told her I’ll stay the night but I’m leaving in the morning. She was devastated obv kept crying and stuff. Morning I left. I’m pretty sure she then took a bunch of klonopin or Xanax

Then about 3 hours later she won’t talk to me really I find out she left on a road trip with her boss to Houston. Guy she was with night before. It’s 2 days later she’s on her way back and has sent pictures of her boss holding hands with some girl and and she’s in it. And she keeps saying she thought I was never coming back and she needed to get away she was so traumatized she went to the only person she knew and they just left.

And now she’s texting me constantly begging me back that she can’t believe she left. (This all I’m sure once the pills were gone) I have a feeling she cheated on my with him. It’s only them two thsy work at a tattoo shop. Idk tho I’m so devastated and hurting idk what to do and thinking of her being with him while we’re separated hurts tremendously.

Tldr; my gf lied to me about who she was out drinking with. Was her boss. He kissed her. I left her. She leaves town with him and allegedly his gf because she’s “devastated” even when I ask her not to. She’s on her way back and is begging me to stay with her. I’m dealing with a bunch of crippling hurt and grief I just need advice to deal

1 month ago
My(32m)gf(30f) ex bf(30m) keeps coming on to her. The entire time we’ve been together. (2 years)

quote:

I’ve been with my gf about 2 years. She was with her ex for about 10 and they have 2 kids together. When me and her got together she was leaving an on and off again “maybe this can work out still” type of relationship because he chose another girl over her.

So me and my gf find each other a month or so after that and it’s been about 2 years now and the kids live with us. (5yr girl, 9 yr boy). He’s court ordered to pick them up every other weekend but only does it half the time. He never even pays child support. But I am still super respectful because I grew up with a step dad and saw how rough it was on my dad trying to spend time with us.

But this man is always crossing lines and disrespecting me when it comes tj my girlfriend in my opinion. When he picks up the kids he will try and get my girlfriend to come with him and the kids specifically without me. He does this a lot. He will text her asking her for selfies and even making sexual remarks a time or two. And last weekend he came to pick up the kids and my gf was putting the kids in the car and he was standing behind her for a long period of time and when she turned around he says (right in front of the kids) “sorry I was starring at your rear end”.

He’s also text her numerous times asking her if she ever misses him, he’ll text her about how he has no one and that he’s lonely and how hard his life is without anyone. She answered the door one time and right in front of me he Huggs her and goes “, looks at me and says Jesus your beautiful”huggs her again and then proceeds to beg her for selfies once he leaves. And this is all in the middle of him literally never paying child support, almost never seeing his kids, me happily raising his kids falling in Love with the little ones spending literally all of my income and credit in getting them a house they Can call home buying them all of the things they want taking them to six flags disney world giving them the most happy life I can possibly give them that never had as a kid and doing everything I can to not be like my step dad and get in the way of their relationship with their father. Even with all this poo poo he’s doing I’ll never get in the way of their relationship man. It just stings all the more that I do all of these things for these kids out of my heart because I love them and he doesn’t even have the decency to show enough respect to respect my girl friend and disrespect me by doing thee things.

Anyway my question; how do I approach this? I will know this guy forever so I want to maintain a good relationship if possible and I want to be able to get a long with him for the kids. how do I approach this? My instinct was to just go over there and give him a piece of my mind but I know that’s not right so that’s why I am here. Reddit, help me! I’m furious rn

Tldr; my(32m) gf(30f) ex bf(30m) is constantly hitting in my girlfriend and trying to get her alone and making sexual gestures and sending her inappropriate text messages and I feel super disrespected and am asking for advice on how to approach the situation. Thank you

Feel kind of bad for the guy, he's pretty much a doormat for lovely treatment and it looks like she zeroed in on being able to treat him like poo poo and expect him to to just take it. People like her seek out someone they know they can take advantage of and then freak out and cry up a storm when their victim tries to leave.

The weirdo "I am the true respectful gentleman" poo poo though, that's not pride that's thanking someone for spitting in your face and feeling good about it. Set some loving boundaries and standards god drat.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 03:23 on May 4, 2021

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for getting mad at friend who keeps joking that her baby is mine?

quote:

I (23M) work at this small shop and I’ve known my friend Addy for almost 2 years. She likes to joke that we’re work spouses because we always work the same shifts and get along. Addy doesn’t say it all the time so it didn’t bother me before.

She got pregnant 5 months ago and I guess she’s planning on doing it on her own. But a couple months ago she started making jokes that I’m her baby’s daddy. First time she made a joke we were in the break room. Her feet were really tired and she wanted the good chair we have in there with the comfy cushion. I was already sitting there and she said something like “Bitch move your baby mama needs that seat.” Btw “bitch” isn’t a big deal since we talk to eachother like that sometimes. I looked at her because I was confused.

I took it as she was joking so I told her to shut up because that baby isn’t mine. Addy made a few more jokes like that or asking me to make myself useful to help her with stuff at work because she’s carrying my kid. She’s only made a few of these around me and I’ve told her to stop bullshitting. One time I was closing up with my coworker and she goes “hey so is it true then?” Then she says she thought we were just messing around but that Addy was saying we hooked up once and I’m definitely likely the daddy. Everyone was starting to wonder now because she’s said it a lot of times when I’m not around. And that’s just not even close to being true. Seriously, wtf. I have a girlfriend that I’ve been with 5 years.

Next time I saw Addy was before our shift was starting and I asked her wtf she’s been telling everyone. Like why would she even make poo poo up about us hooking up because she’s the last person I’d ever sleep with. Addy got super upset about it because to her she was just joking around and I don’t have to snap at her. But it just made me so mad that she was telling this behind my back. Our other coworkers around us saw so she got all emotional and went to the bathroom. We’re not talking to eachother but she has said I was such a dick for getting mad at her jokes when she wasn’t being serious and embarrassing her in front of everyone.

Now I don’t know if I was being an rear end in a top hat or not.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for getting mad at friend who keeps joking that her baby is mine?

His name is going to be on that kids birth certificate in a few months.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
AITA for wearing white as Maid of Honor while my friend is "the Bride"?

quote:

My best friend Joy (28F) is getting married next year to her long time partner. Recently she started wedding planning and asked me (29F) to be her maid of honor—we have been friends for nearly 20 years and needless to say I was super excited. Joy has started planning, and it’s been incredibly stressful for her. I have tried my best to be as supportive and helpful where I can, going above and beyond (daily discussions, fielding unwieldy family members, acting a buffer sometimes). I am prefacing with this because the next part is frankly bonkers and I am having trouble processing.

Last Sunday, Joy and I met with some of our friends for lunch (we are all vaccinated at this point). Since it was the first time seeing friends in a while and we were going to a nice restaurant, I decided to dress up a little. It was pretty hot over the weekend so I opted to wear an old, white linen dress to our gathering.(one I have worn many times). I thought everything was totally fine, but I noticed Joy giving me strange looks at lunch and only talking in short responses with me. I brushed it off as stress and when we got up to say goodbye, Joy left in a rush.

When I got home, I was had a bunch of angry texts from Joy saying she was disappointed in me and couldn’t believe I would try to “dull her shine during this special time”. I was confused asked her to elaborate. Apparently she was furious that I had dared to wear white while she was the bride to be. I was FLOORED. I apologized (kind of) stating that I was sorry she was so upset, but that I wasn’t sure how my wearing white to a casual friends hang was a slight on her being a bride, nor how it was taking attention away from her. She flipped out and called me all sorts of names, and said she has no idea how she could have picked such an unsupportive and attention-grabbing MOH. I snapped a little and told her that while I respected she was getting married, that did not entitle her on a monopoly on the color white and that while her wedding was the most important thing going on in her life, it was not the most important thing going on in other peoples lives.

Now I am aware that a bride generally wears white to wedding related events and the guests should not, but this brunch was not wedding related in the slightest. I feel especially sad since I feel that I have gone out of my way to help, and our past friendship has been very calm and loving. My friends are generally supportive of me (a few think I should have somehow had the foresight to see this—apparently psychic abilities are another MOH requirement I missed) but think I should just try to make peace since she is clearly under a lot of stress. I do feel a bit bad, especially about the comment about her wedding not being the most important thing in my life, but am not budging. AITA?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Death to Broth Guy, His Ancestors, and His Entire Nation

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Barudak posted:

Death to Broth Guy, His Ancestors, and His Entire Nation

:hmmyes:

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Arsenic Lupin posted:

For women over 35 it's recommended that they get chromosomal testing of the fetus; if that's done you've got 100% certainty. If you just get the ultrasound there's room for error; that's mostly to check if the baby's got the right number of limbs and stuff. One of my friends got a funny surprise on delivery day when it turned out the ultrasound tech had made a mistake. Fortunately they had a gender-neutral name picked out so they didn't need to scramble for a new one.

sullat fucked around with this message at 05:43 on May 4, 2021

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Update for the curious: our hero has deleted his account.

sullat posted:

For women over 35 it's recommended that they get chromosomal testing of the fetus; if that's done you've got 100% certainty.

You do not. You get very close to 100% certainty for the physical sex, but androgen and estrogen insensitivity do exist and result in XY fetuses with vulvas and XX fetuses with penises. (The latter appears to be extremely rare, with five recorded cases ever, but the former appears in one in 20k-64k XY births.)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ad090 posted:

AITA for wearing white as Maid of Honor while my friend is "the Bride"?

Very disappointed by this one as normally the only reason to capitalize “the Bride” is if you’re talking about Kill Bill

Barudak
May 7, 2007

haveblue posted:

Very disappointed by this one as normally the only reason to capitalize “the Bride” is if you’re talking about Kill Bill

Frankenstein's Monster's wife's first name didn't change when they got married

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I can't stop thinking about the weirdo that brought his own broth.

And he didn't even bring the right kind for a hotpot

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Tomato? How else do you get that red color?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I've never felt so much cold contempt for a person I've never met

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

low key sex master posted:

Oh hey 85 new posts since I checked this thread a couple hours ago I wonder what happ-

:stonk:

One of the surest rules of the forums is that if a thread's postcount suddenly explodes, you know there's dumbassery afoot and someone has found their own special hill to die on.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for feeling hurt and saddened after coworker’s revelation of homophobia?

quote:

I have been getting along really well with this new woman at work, I was really starting to like her, and then in the middle of lunch she mentions her husband. I ask her when she got married, and the tells me 2013(which was before gay marriage was legalized), after that I kind of went quiet and didn’t really talk to her for the rest of the day. Honestly I don’t really want a friendship with her anymore. It’s a slap in the face to me that so many seemingly good people got married before everyone was regarded as equal in worth. I would hate to deny anyone their happiness and tell them they can’t get married when they’re in love. Oh wait, except that is exactly what the federal government had told countless gay couples every day by refusing to recognize their rights to get married. She just texted me asking if I was ok. I really don’t know what to do now, and I’m really annoyed that I’ve been put in this position.

My boyfriend told me he thought I overreacted, but I don’t condone homophobic institutions.

So Reddit, am I the rear end in a top hat?

TL;DR coworker was completely okay with the idea of using her privilege while gay people were being denied their rights.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Evil Willow posted:

https://i.imgur.com/FOwZ77O.mp4

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Evil Willow posted:

LOL this has to be a troll.

I did know people who refused to get straight married until their friends could get gay married, but I have never met anyone who held it against people for not waiting until gay marriage was legal to get straight married.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Wow, I really used to respect Abraham Lincoln, then I learned he got married before gay marriage was legalised. Now I don't know what to think!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Update for the curious: our hero has deleted his account.

You do not. You get very close to 100% certainty for the physical sex, but androgen and estrogen insensitivity do exist and result in XY fetuses with vulvas and XX fetuses with penises. (The latter appears to be extremely rare, with five recorded cases ever, but the former appears in one in 20k-64k XY births.)

This can also be a product of genetic recombination in meiosis, where the gene that actually causes testicle development can just... pop off the Y chromosome and attach to the X. Sometimes this can cause intersex genitalia to develop (and individuals with a vulva but only one X chromosome generally exhibit undeveloped "streak gonads" instead of ovaries), but sometimes not. Biology is wild and "biological sex" is really complicated!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Evil Willow posted:

Yeah, that has to be a troll. Funny, though.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 07:28 on May 4, 2021

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for being upset my husband "upgraded" my engagement ring and changing it back?

quote:

My husband and I didn’t really have a spontaneous proposal, we just mutually agreed we wanted to get married on x date. I told him that for my engagement ring, I wanted to wear my late mom’s. It’s a simple gold band with a small diamond on its own. My husband wanted to add onto it and make it fancy but I honestly loved it as is and am not into big flashy jewelry. He reluctantly agreed and I started wearing it not long after. When it came time to pick out wedding bands, I chose one similar to his, gold and not flashy. I could tell he was disappointed that I didn’t want a traditional band.

Fast forward 10 years and our anniversary was a couple of weeks ago. I can’t wear jewelry at work and we have 3 young kids, so I tend to not wear my rings anymore unless we’re going out to eat or there’s a special occasion. I keep both in my jewelry box. Every year for our anniversary (birthdays and Christmas too), we just flat out tell the other what we want so there’s no confusion. This year was my turn to treat for our big dinner and he wanted this pricy tool bench that he could use for his hobby. I told him all I wanted was a new purse, sent him the link.

Come our anniversary, he gets his tool bench and is over the moon. I notice my gift is smaller than a purse should be and open it. It’s my engagement ring, but basically supersized. There’s a few other diamonds and he added an inscription. The cost of all of this was way more than the $40 purse I wanted. I was in shock and asked him why he did that. He said to surprise me. I said that I liked the ring as is, it’s been in my family for a few generations and he basically ruined it by glamming it up. He got upset and started calling me ungrateful, even though I’ve told him several times throughout the years that I don’t like flashy rings and I wanted to keep it the same. He refused to tell me where he got it done, so I had to do some digging and paid for it to be mostly reverted into its original state, though they were wary about removing the inscription as the ring is so old. I did end up paying a hefty chunk.

My husband is continuing to call me ungrateful and says it was a present. I told him I didn’t like it and he should’ve checked with me before making those changes. AITA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder what the husband thinks the nature and purpose of a gift is