Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

yellowcar posted:

weird how not playing weber in 3 on 3 OT has worked out well and by 'weird' i mean 'really obviously'

Habs powerplay looks 10x more dangerous without Weber wasting possessions bombing long shots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

or lumbering 3-4 steps behind the play!

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

shyduck posted:

Aaaand it's gone

edit: for posterity

Did it get deleted for being lovely or did Twitter give them a "delete or lose account?"

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Mage_Boy posted:

Did it get deleted for being lovely or did Twitter give them a "delete or lose account?"
Most likely the former, it was getting a shitload of heat from media people

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mage_Boy posted:

I cannot for the life of me think twitter gives a poo poo about what NHL teams put on their pages

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

DJExile posted:

I cannot for the life of me think twitter gives a poo poo about what NHL teams put on their pages

Probably nothing but I don't think real people actually read a single report and I'm sure that got a lot.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

DJExile posted:

you however..... :v:

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/CF_DepthCharts/status/1389403775954165762

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
fire colin campbell into the sun

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yellowcar posted:

you however..... :v:

shiiiiittttt 🌽

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/statsbystats/status/1389397679080419328?s=21

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
How the gently caress is Tom Wilson still in the league jesus christ. That's worse than the hit that got him that 20 game suspension.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Now imagine what McDavid or Draisatl could do with good wingers

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Eric the Mauve posted:

McDavid and somebody had a 2-on-0 last week and didn't score, either. You begin to suspect it's a situation NHL players don't practice and the once a year they find themselves in it they have no idea what the hell to do.

There was a gorgeous one a couple weeks ago, canes vs panthers. I know it's just Bobrovsky but the scorers did three passes as they skated up the slot and absolutely undressed him.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Quick rule question for someone more in-the-know: was it after the lockout ('04-'05) that refs stopped whistling down pucks held against the boards? I feel like I've seen board play whistled down sometimes in the decade afterwards (up until maybe '16), but I'm second-guessing that now...

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

MoaM posted:

Quick rule question for someone more in-the-know: was it after the lockout ('04-'05) that refs stopped whistling down pucks held against the boards? I feel like I've seen board play whistled down sometimes in the decade afterwards (up until maybe '16), but I'm second-guessing that now...

You still see it very rarely, it mostly doesn't happen anymore. Now they only do it if someone's gotten knocked over onto it and there's no way they can get up and someone play the puck without it devolving into a line brawl. It's a good thing and keeps the game moving a whole lot better.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
gently caress Tom Wilson, that piece of poo poo needs to be out of the league yesterday.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I know this is gently caress Tom Wilson N/V right now but

https://twitter.com/coreypronman/status/1389424352597135362?s=19

This motherfucker is named Red Savage

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

honestly lol at people losing their minds over tom wilson punching a guy in the shoulder

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
That is definitely A Way to view what happened.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Liking Tom Wilson makes you legitimately a piece of poo poo.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Could you imagine an Olympics with the first line of McDavid, Marner, and Marchand

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

romanowski posted:

honestly lol at people losing their minds over tom wilson punching a guy in the shoulder

:jerkbag:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Powershift posted:

Could you imagine an Olympics with the first line of McDavid, Marner, and Marchand

Yeah, that'd be fun as heck.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Aphrodite posted:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1389446498518282241

I mean, they aren't really in contention anymore but, yeah.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
If you really want to send a message to Wilson and his kind, suspend him for the whole postseason. And tell him that his next suspension, no matter how small the infraction, will be for the entire 21-22 season.

Would never happen though. The best they’d manage is to suspend him through the whole first round. And even that’s unlikely.

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

OldSenileGuy posted:

If you really want to send a message to Wilson and his kind, suspend him for the whole postseason. And tell him that his next suspension, no matter how small the infraction, will be for the entire 21-22 season.

Would never happen though. The best they’d manage is to suspend him through the whole first round. And even that’s unlikely.

Chris Simon got suspended for the remainder of the season and playoffs with a minimum of 25 games at one point. It's the only time I remember a suspension being worded like that? I think McSorley was for a full season but nobody gave him a contract

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

what about loving?

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nhl...ot11flpw7ah3yf7

He should sit at least until October. (Or whenever the next season starts)

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Naw, Wilson should get his normal 17:00 TOI tomorrow and whatever happens, happens.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Now imagine what McDavid or Draisatl could do with good wingers

Shoulda traded for that Taylor Hall guy

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

In non-Tom Wilson news, the Sabres played their sixth goalie of the season in net last night, tying a franchise record. Michael Houser won his NHL debut, making him the second Sabres goalie this season to do so. It’d be cool if they could win games like that when they still mattered :rolleyes:

Edit: Reinhart scored his 25th goal of the season, tying his single-season record except this time he did it in 52 games instead of 82. Maybe Botterill should’ve locked him up long term before so we could’ve had him at a decent rate, instead he kept doing bridge contracts and now they’re gonna have to shell out a huge contract to keep him. Great. Awesome.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

MoaM posted:

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1389446498518282241

I mean, they aren't really in contention anymore but, yeah.

This sucks, even for 3 meaningless games.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I can't remember if I've expressed this opinion before, but it absolutely sucks that Connor McDavid plays for the Edmonton Oilers.

Also fear God the Canucks still have ten more games of this garbage Jesus Christ end it now.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Woke up today and saw McDavid's four points. He really has loving 91 points in 50 games.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

fawning deference posted:

Woke up today and saw McDavid's four points. He really has loving 91 points in 50 games.

He has 27 points in his last 12 games and his next two are against a completely defeated Canucks team. He could hit 110 by the end of the season.

The only light in all of this is the hope that he's burning himself out trying to get there and will be a bit tired for the playoffs.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

He has 20 in his last 7 games! The Canucks have 6 players with more than 20 all season! (the Oilers have 6 other than McDavid with 20 all season)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
My feelings towards Thomas Wilson is that he is a good boy at heart but uh... society made him the way he is so we just have to accept it without any punishments or complaints.