Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Less than 600 infamy from legend and multiple games in a row, we take a commanding lead and at less than 10 motes from the primeval they just don't bank, giving the other team the time they need to come back and win. So frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Less than 600 infamy from legend and multiple games in a row, we take a commanding lead and at less than 10 motes from the primeval they just don't bank, giving the other team the time they need to come back and win. So frustrating.

Why didn't you bank?

Also infamy legend rank requiring wins to progress sucks when neither of the other core activities do. *finds monkey's paw*

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Why didn't you bank?

Also infamy legend rank requiring wins to progress sucks when neither of the other core activities do. *finds monkey's paw*

I didn't have any motes / had already banked mine, was invading / killing blockers / too late to the enemies.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

hiddenriverninja posted:

Why didn't you bank?

Aside from comp, you mean? Gambit legend used to be even closer to comp and losses set you back instead of just not moving you forward.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Paracelsus posted:

Aside from comp, you mean? Gambit legend used to be even closer to comp and losses set you back instead of just not moving you forward.

No it didn't

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
so uh

that's what 55k deaths in the crucible can get you, i guess

i have no idea what just happened lol

Shadebinder with Mad Cat

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

I posted my normal end-of-season "hey this is what you need to do before the season ends" post for overchill. Figure'd I'd cross post it here too:

quote:

Guess what, it's the end of the season (as we know it). That's right, this rather good Season of the Chosen is over in a week, and we are now moving on to Season of the We dont know the name yet still on May 11th. As with all season endings, here is an effort post on the things you need to know going into the next season and what to do before the next season starts.

Heir Apparent is gettable RIGHT NOW in Guardian Games! Grab it! It's good! The Cata makes you a tanky raid boss! If you don't get it now, you'll have to wait a whole year before you can get it again!

Bungie is finally changing the shader system to something good and reasonable. Instead of this single use shader garbage, they are now permanent unlocks and can be applied through a user interface. Hooray. However, because those single use shaders give you some glimmer and legendary shards when you dismantle them... Go dismantle them! Like right now. Get those resources! Most shaders can be given to Rahool at 5 per to help make this process faster, but if you are like me and don't touch your shader inventory, you'll probably be dismantling for a while.

Vault of Glass is releasing in Destiny 2 on Saturday, May 22nd at 10am Pacific Time. The required power level for the day 1 will be 1300, which is powerful cap right now. That's right... to play Vault of Glass Day 1, you wont have to grind up a single power level if you are max this season. Yay! Also, due to the fact this is a returning raid, guides on how to do mechanics and stuff are already posted on the internet, meaning that this Day 1 raid will be the most accessable it's ever been. If you are interested in day1 raiding, Go make a LFG post for it, or join one that exists. This is really the best content that destiny has to offer and it'll be easy to take part.

Finally, If you are a twitch prime subscriber, there are some free items to grab. Get 'em here: https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/destiny2

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I’m looking forward to how many Wyverns Bungie jams into VOG. :allears:

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold
drat glad I checked this thread, needed that spicy ramen.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mill Village posted:

I’m looking forward to how many Wyverns Bungie jams into VOG. :allears:

If we can't tractor cannon Atheon off a cliff the raid is a failure

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

rip getting the Chosen seal because I couldn't be bothered to do the glykon/presage scanning stuff

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I was very surprised to get the chosen seal, because there's almost always one that requires non matchmade content.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
you can still do it post season

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
i downloaded again just to get the heir apparent cata but like a dummy bought the season pass+1 without realizing I had about a week left lmao. I'll probably finish the pass without forking out silver but leaving the seal and all the bright dust on the table hurts

e: also man the story is still such a mess, going from BL to New Light v3.0 to Season of the Chosen to being introduced to Nuldren on the Moon

Protagorean fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 4, 2021

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

rip getting the Chosen seal because I couldn't be bothered to do the glykon/presage scanning stuff

Maybe making there be different scannable items every week wasn’t the best idea.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Protagorean posted:

i downloaded again just to get the heir apparent cata but like a dummy bought the season pass+1 without realizing I had about a week left lmao. I'll probably finish the pass without forking out silver but leaving the seal and all the bright dust on the table hurts

e: also man the story is still such a mess, going from BL to New Light v3.0 to Season of the Chosen to being introduced to Nuldren on the Moon

You don't need the season pass for Heir! And... yeah, buying the pass now is kind of a waste of money.

Also, if you want to catch up on the story, this site is pretty good: https://www.previouslyondestiny.com/

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

hiddenriverninja posted:

Hop in discord and ask, there are people there such as myself who will point out all the scannables while soloing the thing for you. Three weeks of 30 minutes a week and you’re done.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

RocketRaygun posted:

You don't need the season pass for Heir! And... yeah, buying the pass now is kind of a waste of money.

Also, if you want to catch up on the story, this site is pretty good: https://www.previouslyondestiny.com/

I mean at least I get the bow without having to spend a cipher on it later and the catalyst which unless they changed something I can't get after the season ends? And most of the challenges aren't too heinous, but there are definitely a bunch I can't get done in a week

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Yeah, the bow is good and you can do presage real quick to get the most overpowered gun in destiny history.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

RocketRaygun posted:

Yeah, the bow is good and you can do presage real quick to get the most overpowered gun in destiny history.

Is presage going away?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

No the season stuff stays the whole year, including seals/titles.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

RocketRaygun posted:

..oh, they didn't bring back Gjallarhorn :smith:

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Panderfringe posted:

Is presage going away?

It's sticking around, but DMT's nerf is close on the horizon. It'll be nerfed by June probably. Bungie already said it's on the chopping block sooner rather than later.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Also iirc if you want access to harbinger/presage after their seasons you need to buy the Deluxe version of BL but I might be wrong about that.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Bungie rolling out the red carpet for Season of the Splicer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crKGHG3stbY

edit:

Season Page:
https://www.bungie.net/7/en/Seasons/SeasonOfTheSplicer

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 14:52 on May 4, 2021

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

RocketRaygun posted:

It's sticking around, but DMT's nerf is close on the horizon. It'll be nerfed by June probably. Bungie already said it's on the chopping block sooner rather than later.

That's dumb. Finally make a scout rifle worth using it and gonna nerf it lol.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Oxyclean posted:

That's dumb. Finally make a scout rifle worth using it and gonna nerf it lol.

It's on quite a few levels beyond "worth using" lol

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This thing is starting in a minute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crKGHG3stbY

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/Seasons/SeasonOfTheSplicer

RBX fucked around with this message at 15:06 on May 4, 2021

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Oh sick, stasis sidearm?

Eej posted:

It's on quite a few levels beyond "worth using" lol

:shrug: I guess i suck because it doesn't feel stupid good to me. Just feels like a good to strong exotic primary. Feels like what that sort of thing should be so you actually have a reason to use it over exotic special/heavy.

e: I guess Expunge is the new Presage?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Feels like a Season of Dawn setup which I welcome cuz that season owned.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Oxyclean posted:

Oh sick, stasis sidearm?

:shrug: I guess i suck because it doesn't feel stupid good to me. Just feels like a good to strong exotic primary. Feels like what that sort of thing should be so you actually have a reason to use it over exotic special/heavy.

You can hipfire people in the head from pulse rifle range, it's bonkers

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Sounds like they should rework the catalyst then. Or just have it not have that bonus in crucible or something.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Oxyclean posted:

Oh sick, stasis sidearm?

I'm with you here but I don't play PvP. I tried it for a bit and it felt good but felt "fair."

As far as exotics go catalyzed Heir Apparent doesn't feel fair. There are moments in the game I used to worry about (trading blows with yellow bars, sharp swells of adds), but no longer have to.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

Sounds like they should rework the catalyst then. Or just have it not have that bonus in crucible or something.
A lot of the PvE/PvP balance issues in this game could be corrected by adding 'except guardians' to a bunch of exotics and catalysts.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

New season looks pretty great but who cares there's fallen babies now we're just gonna talk about those

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Since when is Mithrax "an unlikely ally"

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

PathAsc posted:

Since when is Mithrax "an unlikely ally"

I mean I do find it unlikely that the vanguard would be able to work with him without Saint going racist grandpa in the tower square

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Oh poo poo, it's dropping on my birthday. Looks like I took off on the right day.

Pistol exotic seems pretty neat, hope that it signifies there are going to be other cryo weapons in the future. I'd love to see a weapon like the Cryo thrower from Deep Rock or from Duke Nukem (only if we get a "Mighty Boot" finisher).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

"Epilogue"?

e: Oh for the season?