Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Is he a big number doofus like corsby? Let's see him find a way to not score after he hits his magic number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Cocaine Bear posted:

Is he a big number doofus like corsby? Let's see him find a way to not score after he hits his magic number.

Unlike Crosby, McDavid has already finished a season with his number as his point total. He probably doesn't need to do it again.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Wilson sucks and nothing will be done about him because this league is a joke, an unending parade of clowns, and just as funny as a man in too much makeup screaming at you in a dirt lot that stinks of elephant feces.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Eric the Mauve posted:

McDavid and somebody had a 2-on-0 last week and didn't score, either. You begin to suspect it's a situation NHL players don't practice and the once a year they find themselves in it they have no idea what the hell to do.

xzzy posted:

There was a gorgeous one a couple weeks ago, canes vs panthers. I know it's just Bobrovsky but the scorers did three passes as they skated up the slot and absolutely undressed him.
It was a short-handed play, too!

I have to post the play, it was a master class on how to 2-0:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiPUaqrhdIM

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nocheez posted:

You gotta post the play

I was phone posting 5 minutes before bed, digging that poo poo up in those conditions is outside my skillset.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

ThinkTank posted:

Unlike Crosby, McDavid has already finished a season with his number as his point total. He probably doesn't need to do it again.

Huh, I was certain he did it a couple years ago but nope, 89 2x in a row. Those last points must have made his CPU short circuit. Lol

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

today in Let's Remember Some Guys

https://twitter.com/NHLhistorygirl/status/1389583089295405056

https://twitter.com/NHLhistorygirl/status/1389583592209145863

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

McDavid is changing his number to 140 next season

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

fawning deference posted:

Woke up today and saw McDavid's four points. He really has loving 91 points in 50 games.

hes taken multiple third periods off in blowout games too if they were cut throat about this poo poo he'd have another 15

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Laine gonna have to lower his number if he wants to join the fun club next year.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I support a scheme where players are required to wear a number matching their previous season points total.

Who cares if 50% of the league is 0's and 1's, it makes it easier to identify who to put on waivers.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
PIMs should be another option.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
All the Ranger fans who hate Tom Wilson remind me of the Ranger fans who used to defend Sean Avery to me.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You're against slavery yet you own clothes. Curious.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
RIP Coach Oshie

https://twitter.com/TJOshie77/status/1389580502332444684

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/status/1389589182083911681

lmao clown poo poo

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

drat, feel bad for Osh Dawg. Will always remember seeing him down on the ice celebrating his cup win with his dad.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hahaha lol

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
5 grand for choking a guy with your stick, head punching him while he's being choked, then pulling another guys hair and slamming him headfirst into the ice without a helmet. Ok, I'll adjust my notes.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

That can't be it, there's also the separate Panarin incident. That can't be it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lmao. So who’s gonna drop the gloves with him at the start of the next Rangers game?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

mcmagic posted:

All the Ranger fans who hate Tom Wilson remind me of the Ranger fans who used to defend Sean Avery to me.

Granted it's been a while, but I remember Avery as a pest, a diver, and a general poo poo head, but not throwing out incredibly dirty hits regularly like Wilson.

:hai:

deoju fucked around with this message at 15:41 on May 4, 2021

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

In non-Tom Wilson news, the Sabres played their sixth goalie of the season in net last night, tying a franchise record. Michael Houser won his NHL debut, making him the second Sabres goalie this season to do so. It’d be cool if they could win games like that when they still mattered :rolleyes:

Edit: Reinhart scored his 25th goal of the season, tying his single-season record except this time he did it in 52 games instead of 82. Maybe Botterill should’ve locked him up long term before so we could’ve had him at a decent rate, instead he kept doing bridge contracts and now they’re gonna have to shell out a huge contract to keep him. Great. Awesome.
And the 2 goals Houser gave up were both brutal deflections. Looked pretty decent for an ECHL guy.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Guys you must have missed it, he was fined THE MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE UNDER THE CBA, this is a harsh punishment and he will have no choice but to amend his ways now.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The Athletic posted:

After Wilson’s seven-game suspension in March, he vowed to “continue to adjust.”

“At the end of the day, it can’t happen,” he said two weeks after the suspension. “I can’t be missing seven games. I can’t be missing one game. I’ve got to be in the lineup.”

Wilson said then that he texted the Bruins’ blueliner the following day.

“A lot of people probably wouldn’t believe me, but you never want to see a peer get injured,”Wilson said in March. “They’re hockey players just like I am, and this is their living and their livelihood, and when a guy goes down it’s not a good feeling.”

Gee Tom, can't loving imagine why that is

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

mcmagic posted:

Sean Avery just pissed people off and got under people’s skin. He was all bark and no bite, he wasn’t head hunting people or bashing guys heads into the ice.

Also I am astonished Wilson just got a fine although I probably shouldn’t be. That seems to be specific to the Buchnevich part though? Maybe he gets more for Panarin.

Jovial Cow fucked around with this message at 15:46 on May 4, 2021

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He just had a 7 game suspension a month ago and they can still only fine him 5k lol

deoju posted:

Granted it's been a while, but I remember Avery as a pest, a diver, and a general poo poo head, but not throwing out incredibly dirty hits regularly like Wilson.

Avery loved to slash people and board them too.

I'm glad the bar has been set now though, so if anyone were to hit Backstrom (a confirmed PED user) in the head with a sledgehammer that would actually be fine and Caps fans can't say anything.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

The Golden Man posted:

hes taken multiple third periods off in blowout games too if they were cut throat about this poo poo he'd have another 15

Gretz woulda been pounding hot dogs and cokes between periods and then getting another three points in the third.

McDavid really does look like he's playing another game out there. I hope this season isn't his peak because it's kinda lovely that we didn't get to see what woulda happened in 82 games.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

DOPS is beyond parody

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Injuring a star player is usually one of the things that actually triggers a pretty severe response by the league isn't it?

Injuring a star player on a big market team even...

oh the star is Russian and the offending player is Canadian never mind

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

To atone for his sins, Tom Wilson must forfeit the equivalent of one expensive night out for him

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
This league is a joke and hockey only gets worse of the Rangers send someone to retaliate.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The modern definition of "big market" is "the American TV network's favorite teams to broadcast" and he didn't injure any Penguins stars, so

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Suspend DPOS, from a lamppost.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Zodijackylite posted:

This league is a joke and hockey only gets worse of the Rangers send someone to retaliate.

Wilson isn't Matt Cooke, he doesn't give a poo poo if someone tries to "retaliate" and will be more than happy to escalate rather than running and hiding behind some other punchman

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Zodijackylite posted:

you guys are officially eliminated now right? why not find some guys who are willing to cross the line for a paycheck and go for blood against Washington next time out.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Starsfan posted:

you guys are officially eliminated now right? why not find some guys who are willing to cross the line for a paycheck and go for blood against Washington next time out.

They legit don't have that on the roster, non injured. Trouba is the only guy on the team with any snarl and he's hurt.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eric the Mauve posted:

Wilson isn't Matt Cooke, he doesn't give a poo poo if someone tries to "retaliate" and will be more than happy to escalate rather than running and hiding behind some other punchman

Yeah when he gets hit back or takes some punches for his bullshit he just comes back and does even worse.

Wilson is like a poo poo Hulk. As he gets angrier he gets shittier.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

They legit don't have that on the roster, non injured. Trouba is the only guy on the team with any snarl and he's hurt.

Well with Panarin out for the rest of the year I guess a spot just opened up on the roster, people with that skillset are out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Doesnt take an enforcer to board a guy