Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dancer is basically 100% designed to gently caress me up, i fall for all her animation tricks every time. cool fight though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Danfer redefines the souls genre itself by giving you a giant humanoid that does a 3 hit combo....slowly! While you circle strafe. Magnificent miyazaki youve done it again

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i judge souls bosses by how cool they look + how cool their names are so my favorite bosses in each game are Dancer of the Frigid Valley, Demon of Song, Moonlight Butterfly and The Storm King

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

Danfer redefines the souls genre itself by giving you a giant humanoid that does a 3 hit combo....slowly! While you circle strafe. Magnificent miyazaki youve done it again

lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

learning much on the wiki for dancer

quote:

if dark souls was a anime i wouldn't be surprised if the ashen one upon meeting the dancer he or she would say shall we dance before fighting her

quote:

you guys think when pontiff turned the dancer into the form she in he intended to give her a large rear end

quote:

Favorite DS boss, loved learning her movements like learning a dance with her. The echoed footsteps still give me goosebumps. Not the most challenging boss, nor the most rewarding. Just a solid fight. Love the battleground, the acoustics, the score. RIP Dancer.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

lol

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The dancer is fine.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

DS fans stay winning

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

EmmyOk posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

No, my son is also named Vordt.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

i don't remember hardly anything about 3 and its the one I played the most recently. it just slides out of my brain. maybe because I was good at it by the tbrid game and didn't spend hours and hours dying in the huntsmans copse or whatever.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

lmao

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

quote:

Armor worn by the Dancer of the Boreal Valley.

The black eyes of the Pontiff eventually transformed the Dancer into a beastly creature, her armor fusing with her own absolute dump truck of an rear end.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Been playing Dark Souls II…it sucks rear end.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Been playing Dark Souls II…it sucks rear end.

Hello, Dark Souls II.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

Hello, Dark Souls II.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dark souls 2 is the dark souls of crappy entries in the dark souls trilogy

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Hello, Dark Souls II.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

hard to decide what to like most with dark souls 2, is it the endless string of uninspired levels? the bad mechanics? the boring enemy and boss design? the very brown and grey graphics? none can say, but imo the crowning glory is getting to the top of drangleic and finding two dragonriders instead of an epic boss fight

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

Hello, Dark Souls II.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fungah! posted:

hard to decide what to like most with dark souls 2, is it the endless string of uninspired levels? the bad mechanics? the boring enemy and boss design? the very brown and grey graphics? none can say, but imo the crowning glory is getting to the top of drangleic and finding two dragonriders instead of an epic boss fight

Its the textures in the Lion statue forest in the base game

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Fungah! posted:

it’s nerfing the only aggressive boss at launch to make it easier for people to circle strafe behind them

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

Hello, Dark Souls II.

I…ah…hrm.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Fungah! posted:

It's the designers spamming the copy & paste tool to make up for nearly every enemy having a filler moveset that wouldn't be any threat by itself

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
still lolling at the ds2s fans playing bloodborne being like, theres no fuckin builds in this thing! and wheres my fashion souls? the build variety is so hosed...

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dogs of bloodborne:

dogs of ds2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4NKBjecAKw

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I still think 2 is good even if it's made on an N64.

Going through Lothric castle atm and it's what I thought Drangleic would be, much cooler imo and think I've gotten to the final lord soul maybe. Fog door on what looks like a big bridge. As long as it's Dragon Rider 2: 2 Dragon Riders II I'll be happy lol.

The dragons who are like hell kite wyvern I thought would be painful but found the trick around them pretty quick and I like that they just snooze when you open the gate.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i'm glad that i started w/ bloodborne because i like how it pushes you to be aggressive instead of circle strafing or dodge-rolling or w/e. it takes a minute to get used to because so many video games are about standing far away and dodging projectiles while you learn enemy attack patterns, but once you get it, every hit feels like a goomba stomp. it's one of the few games i can think of where, when you start wrecking things, it doesn't feel like it's because you put points into something, you just got good. it also means the difficulty spikes feel fair. it's hard to get tilted even when you're on your tenth try with something because you're just like "drat. that dude is good."

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the epic awe of a boxer perfectly dodging huge punches, but its against nightmare monstrosities, and theres waves of blood splashing everywhere. bloodborne ftw

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Ds2 has problems but bonfire ascetics are cool and add a weird twist with tweaking area difficulty

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ds2 is full of weird ideas that are fun and goofy. like butterfly armor that makes your jumps crazy and you poison everything near you. sotfs owns

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Powerstancing ruled two, double caestus run ftw

Wasn’t a lord souls fight, was the designated Ornsteins fight. First round win babyyy

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

DS2 is not a good game but its insane development means it's full of absolutely weird poo poo on a Mew under the truck level. There's a tree in the first DLC and if you hit it with a whip for some reason it moans and restores all your item durability

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Oh Long Johnson posted:

Ds2 has problems but bonfire ascetics are cool and add a weird twist with tweaking area difficulty

def

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah there are a lot of cool ideas in 2. estus shards are way better than kindling and i'm glad 3 was smart enough to bring those forward, powerstancing was fun for some builds and ascetics were sick. all the basic aspects of the game blow rear end though

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
another thing is i think the level geometry in 2 is subtly good and had a lot of variety in how the 3d space navigates. the encounters are boring and bad but the places where they happen could be interesting when they weren’t just monster closets

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

it has really good NPCs also imo and it also refined the upgrade system and I'm glad 3 kept that too though they still added more pointless infusions than 2 had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

it has really good NPCs also imo and it also refined the upgrade system and I'm glad 3 kept that too though they still added more pointless infusions than 2 had

infusions have always been weird since demons and idk if any of them have gotten it right