Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Bryan is going to work an NJPW Strong taping and head right back to WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

part of me thinks the whole idea here is "yeah let me go to new japan/roh be 'american dragon' and get my profile up for a retirement wwe run" and also part of me thinks bryan is gonna get out there for the first post-wwe match and have the same feeling that mox described and also suddenly realize "oh yeah, im indepedantly wealthy for the rest of my life and could work in any company i desire" and thatll be off.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

This is the biggest no ever. Either he signs and stays, or he wrestles and leaves the cult.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
It would be funny if LA Knight changed his gimmick, wore chainmail and constantly bragged about being number one on the call sheet.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

CarlCX posted:

There's such an aura of incredible lameness around LA Knight.

He's got big divorced dad energy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
LA Knight dropping incel in that promo screamed of projection

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://streamable.com/n77tck

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1389739186564083712

unironically this is real cool (except for the ending)

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

why did leon jump at the big guy.

also I wish I had a commentary less feed because the nxt commentary always presents to me as completely fake and toothless. they made a whole commentary team of bad mauros, in my feelings.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Seams posted:

in addition to eva marie another legend has returned

https://twitter.com/SqCReports/status/1389460029548335104?s=20
never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3Hma0NWzAw

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I actually kind of like this.

Was this showcased on the WWE twitter account?

Also, lol, 2 former world champions.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

didn’t get all of it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol that spotlight spot rules, that thing is probably not only bright as gently caress but pretty loving hot.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Los Angeles knight Errant a great gimmick. He eats at round table pizza and seeks the blessing of Santa Monica. He gets a steel chair from The lady of Silver Lake.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Ibexaz posted:

All this talk of Eva Marie's "avoiding wrestling" gimmick reminds me of what felt like a multiple months long stretch where Lacey Evans would just walk down and back up the ramp every episode, for seemingly no reason :psyduck:

I remember this, and in my memory her doing this was supposed to be the start of some big push for her that sort of fizzled out.

Has Lacey Evans ever been over? Either as a heel or a face? Coz I don't remember her ever getting any sort of reaction at all. Even her "look at how much of a southern belle I am making sweet tea" vignettes played to apathy at best.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
She's very well liked in the back

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

why ever do a slam

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Good to see WWE have not neutered Sareee yet

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 09:43 on May 5, 2021

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

BrigadierSensible posted:

I remember this, and in my memory her doing this was supposed to be the start of some big push for her that sort of fizzled out.

Has Lacey Evans ever been over? Either as a heel or a face? Coz I don't remember her ever getting any sort of reaction at all. Even her "look at how much of a southern belle I am making sweet tea" vignettes played to apathy at best.

did you see when she made the sweet tea it revolutionized women's wrestling

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

The Taxman posted:

why ever do a slam

idk it looks pretty cool to me

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
years and years of Daniel Bryan in WWE and I'm right back to where I started, thinking of all the dream matches Bryan could have with WWE guys that he'll never have.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
So far the actualwresyling clips i've seen of NXT have een "gently caress these are some good wrestlers" rather than the Eva and Dana stuff yesterday. I'd rather poo poo on stuff deserving to be poo poo on but Saree doing awesome suplexes and Leon Ruff v Killshot being great isn't feeling like real issues.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

mooseinfants posted:

looks pretty cool to me

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i think it's fairly inarguable that the best thing about the wwe is that there's a lot of people on its roster who can wrestle well and that people would like to see perform

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Jesus I didn't even recognize Charlotte. Her look has certainly changed.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

He's said "Blood and Guts", he's clearly debuting for AEW this wednesday...

Yes I realise it's pretty much guaranteed he'll sign (or already has signed) a new contract with WWE but man, if suddenly "The Final Countdown" started playing at Daily's Place, I'd go loving crazy.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when he signs a new contract, WWE should give daniel bryan some entrance music that has chanting at the beginning and an understated hip hop beat

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 10:33 on May 5, 2021

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
basically everything non-wwe related that dbry has said publicly in recent times is wanting to work in japan, with the real weird caveat that he wants wwe to let him work in japan

i don't think there's any way a new wwe contract would allow him to work with other companies even if he was still at peak yes movement popularity, and i'd hope that them not even considering that in deliberations would be enough for him to look for contracts elsewhere

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Good to see WWE have not neutered Sareee yet

Give them about a month.

Have they done any of the usual "lol foleigner with accent, sushi sushi sake sake" bullshit they usually do with Japanese talent already?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The problem is that the right way to use an incoming hyped Joshi talent is the thing that WWE are absolutely least likely to do.

If you have someone like a Kairi Sane or an Io Shirai or a Sarray coming in, the way you get them over and use them well is so give them good opponents and let them do cool poo poo. Think Ryo Mizunami in AEW: they've done nothing to screw with her look, they haven't given her a dumb backstory, they've just said "hey, look at this awesome wrestler doing cool poo poo" and as a result she's over as gently caress and clearly having a great time.

WWE is incapable of doing that. They're the bad chef who continually self-sabotages by alternately ignoring and loving with the really simple recipe.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 10:56 on May 5, 2021

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

You'd think 'hey, this lady's been kicking a bunch of rear end in Japan and decided to come to The Big Leagues' would be the world's easiest story to work with, while still flattering Vince's ego.

They can't even do that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vagabundo posted:

Give them about a month.

Have they done any of the usual "lol foleigner with accent, sushi sushi sake sake" bullshit they usually do with Japanese talent already?

That only happens when you hit the main roster, NXT's never gone there

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rarity posted:

That only happens when you hit the main roster, NXT's never gone there

I’m giving the WWE the exact amount of benefit of the doubt they deserve. Your response is missing one key word: “yet.”

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Liquid Communism posted:

Jesus I didn't even recognize Charlotte. Her look has certainly changed.

Clean your office, Dave. Seriously, it's a fire hazard.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Daniel Bryan seems like he's really east to trick so he will probably sign a new deal.

Like they'll show him a special Contract Crystal or something and its energy will make him do their bidding

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

projecthalaxy posted:

Daniel Bryan seems like he's really east to trick so he will probably sign a new deal.

Like they'll show him a special Contract Crystal or something and its energy will make him do their bidding

A glowing orb, you say, I know just the place...

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

HidaO-Win posted:

A glowing orb, you say, I know just the place...

lol remember when daniel bryan spent 75 minutes losing a royal rumble for the glory of the house of saud

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

DarkstarIV posted:

This is just baseless speculation on my part, but I think Shotzi and Ember lost the tag titles because they quickly need challengers for Raquel. She has no one to face after she (inevitably) beats Mercedes next week. Everyone else credible are heels.

but lol who's credible between shotzi and ember?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Have any of the Saudi matches actually been good? I refuse to watch any of it, but I'm just curious because it seems like it's either matches where nobody involved should be in the ring anymore, or goofy poo poo like 80-man battle royales and Shame winning Best Wrestler or Biggest Head or what the gently caress ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

projecthalaxy posted:

lol remember when daniel bryan spent 75 minutes losing a royal rumble for the glory of the house of saud

Just taking a million horrific chops from Roderick Strong like it was 2005 again.