Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Teddy Thunders posted:

Truth hurts girl, I'm winning the shoe game

I CHALLENGE YOU TO A SHOE-OFF

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Shoes hurt, shoes scar
Shoes chafe and mark

xcheopis

biosterous posted:

i baked trout last night and it was SO. GOOD. one of the bites i had to just stop and gesture for like a minute because of all the food tastefeels

incredibly simple recipe, too. baking sheet, parchment paper, fillet goes skin-down. brush with olive oil, put some salt and pepper and minced garlic and thin lemon slices on it. bake at 400F for 15 minutes

yum yum yum yum yum

also there was leftover room on the sheet so i made some asparagus while i was at it (bush with olive oil, sprinkle with parmesan)

gosh what a good meal, i'm still really happy with it 16 hours later

Grilled/pan fried fish is about the only way I can eat it anymore. Have tried baked (yet?) but if it doesn't smell heavily of fish and is crispy, then sure! Does your recipe work for toaster ovens?

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

cruft

Rarity posted:

I took my shoes off. Now what?

more falafel please

forums poster

Rarity posted:

should probably be a shoe-on i think!

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Beef Of Ages

Your dumb is leaking.

cruft posted:

me too sorry for the potential stank

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

cruft posted:

Put more shoes on

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Beef Of Ages

Your dumb is leaking.
That's easier when they're made of bread. :grin:

Escape From Noise

Plus they already have jam after you wear them around a bit.

Beef Of Ages

Your dumb is leaking.

Escape From Noise posted:

Plus they already have jam after you wear them around a bit.

:cheerdoge:

Goons Are Gifts

let's discuss pickles

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I've planted 2 pickle plants, thinking of planting 4 more.

Goons Are Gifts

would a pickle be a good breakfast? like, just one big rear end pickle? is that traditional food somewhere maybe??

xcheopis

I'm buying lunch all this week (for reasons) and think I'll have the ginger "chicken" from the vegan Thai place, with a side of steamed broccoli. Rice? Rice.
Then I take a couple of packets of soy sauce and toss them in a tiny container so I don't have to buy it and have it go bad because I don't use soy very often.

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

Manifisto

Goons Are Great posted:

would a pickle be a good breakfast? like, just one big rear end pickle? is that traditional food somewhere maybe??

a pickled peach perhaps

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

xcheopis posted:

I'm buying lunch all this week (for reasons) and think I'll have the ginger "chicken" from the vegan Thai place, with a side of steamed broccoli. Rice? Rice.
Then I take a couple of packets of soy sauce and toss them in a tiny container so I don't have to buy it and have it go bad because I don't use soy very often.

that sounds yummy and the soy thing is appropriately thrifty but realtalk does soy sauce go bad? I've used soy from pretty ancient unrefrigerated bottles and lived to tell the tale

ty nesamdoom!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Pickles can, and I think I'm being very lenient here, gently caress right off

Manifisto

Rarity posted:

:stonk:

ty nesamdoom!

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Rarity posted:

:mods::mods::mods::mods::mods::mods:

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

Finger Prince

Rarity posted:

gently caress right off into my mouth.

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Rarity posted:

poor pickles

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
drat you have one opinion and suddenly BYOB stops being chill

Ass-penny

Yeah I'm not super into pickles. I like the taste more than the texture, I think that's where they lose me.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Manifisto

Rarity posted:

drat you have one opinion and suddenly BYOB stops being chill

I mean, how do you make a cubano without pickle? you can't. that's crazy talk.

ty nesamdoom!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
I don't know what a cubano is but if it's got pickle in it then it's probably not worth making :shrug:

Zil

What about fried pickles?

Manifisto

Rarity posted:

I don't know what a cubano is but if it's got pickle in it then it's probably not worth making :shrug:

:stonk::stonk::stonk::cry:

ty nesamdoom!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Thou shall not suffer a pickle to live

Goons Are Gifts

what about pickle puns??

Zil

What about drinking so much you pickle your liver?

alnilam

I like pickles/pickled things lots on their own but i really dislike them on sandwiches and stuff. Totally ruins a sandwich/burg for me if they put pickle on it, even if you remove it the taste remains.

Yes this also means i am not much of a bahn mi fan :/

ty manifisto

Zil

If we are doing controversial food, I hate cilantro. It is terrible

Goons Are Gifts

controversial food debates is the second biggest danger to BYOB's union, the only bigger threat we faced together so far is the feared and dangerous condiment chat

sometimes we need to push our limits though and grow as a community

xcheopis

Manifisto posted:

that sounds yummy and the soy thing is appropriately thrifty but realtalk does soy sauce go bad? I've used soy from pretty ancient unrefrigerated bottles and lived to tell the tale

It loses flavour and, once opened and in the fridge, will last for a couple of years. I use so little that an open take-out pack is good for up to three meals.

Gramps

Rarity posted:

more cubanos for me

Cubanos are literally the #1 best thing to eat on this earth followed closely by tacos

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

IT'S A SOUP IN A BREAD BOWL I WILL DIE ON THIS HILL

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

I like pickles/pickled things lots on their own but i really dislike them on sandwiches and stuff. Totally ruins a sandwich/burg for me if they put pickle on it, even if you remove it the taste remains.

that's okay, more cubanos and vietnamese sandwiches for me I guess

e:

Gramps posted:

more cubanos for me

Cubanos are literally the #1 best thing to eat on this earth followed closely by tacos

:hf:

ty nesamdoom!

Ass-penny

alnilam posted:

I've never had a bahn mi with pickles on it? Carrots, parsley and jalapenos definitely. Are pickles normally part of that sandwich?

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

cruft

Zil posted:

If we are doing controversial food, I hate cilantro. It is terrible

Okay do you feel like it tastes the way soap smells or would taste, or have you actually put a bar of soap in your mouth and cilantro tastes like that to you (that is, it tastes like fats and lye)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

rear end-penny posted:

I've never had a bahn mi with pickles on it? Carrots, parsley and jalapenos definitely. Are pickles normally part of that sandwich?

the daikon and carrot slivers should be pickled

e: and if you're swapping in parsley for cilantro you're doing it wrong

ty nesamdoom!