Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

"Tired of PARENTS bossing you around!!!?!??!? get the NEW FREE FORTNITE SOCKS DLC from a can of PIBB XTRA and download your freedom...today!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

can't you only submit one picture per pokemon? like if i take 4 pictures of vivillon at each star level in the route i can only submit one.

Yes. So you still have to do multiple runs. But those runs will net more points if you make sure to take the best pictures you can of every pokemon, not just the new ones you need for your primary photodex.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Former Human posted:

Blizzard doesn't care about Diablo Immortal doing well with North American players. Diehards rejected it already and the game itself looks pretty generic/forgettable. The profitable markets are overseas, particularly China, which isn't surprising since they chose a Chinese developer. You can afford to disappoint a few million domestic fans to pick up twenty million new ones.

Plus they're cranking out Diablo 2 remastered to silence anybody upset that Diablo Immortal is Diablo Immortal.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Diablo 2 Remaster will likely be really bad, so it will just amplify the disappointment in Diablo Immortal even more.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I said come in! posted:

Diablo 2 Remaster will likely be really bad, so it will just amplify the disappointment in Diablo Immortal even more.

Though I am sure that if you preorder D2 remastered you will get some kind of wings for your character in Immortal.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

I said come in! posted:

In New Pokemon Snap, I usually have to do a route multiple times before I can unlock the next new route. Are my pictures that bad that i'm not scoring well enough to level up a route to level 2 the first time? What am I doing wrong?

I would consider hitting level 2 on the first run more an indication that you found several hard-to-find species than that you took extra good photos. The game seems to be tuned around the idea that most players will need two tries on most courses

Your total research points for a stage are the sum of the best scores you've gotten for each pokemon/star value, on that stage, regardless of whether it beats another stage. So just finding more star combinations (or, on your first run, more species) matters way more than the quality of your photos.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/tha_rami/status/1390008991149928449?s=20

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

I can't wait for the documentary about this court case. It just sounds so off the walls in that courtroom.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/thedextriarchy/status/1390009482273607681

This court case is so fun

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I said come in! posted:

I expected as much after the Warcraft 3 remaster but that was largely outsourced. All the hardcore Diablo 2 players I've seen who have watched streams or tried it themselves are pretty positive on it.

They were smart and decided to basically change nothing about Diablo 2 other than graphics so its a pretty safe bet.

Guess you're not following it, streamers have had builds for months. It looks solid enough, for a Blizzard cash grab.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Diablo remaster is being made by the remains of Vicarious Visions, so it should be good.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I did all the sidequests and got all the endings and bonus content stuff in radiant historia perfect chronology, now I can put it away and move on to a different game

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1389785375879671809?s=20

Jesus wept

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Not a full model replacement, lame

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Speaking of, review embargo was lifted and the reviews seem generally pretty good!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Biohazard, Bioshock, Biomutant? Meet your new baby brother, Biofist

Where does this fit in

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

This game is poo poo in retrospect but it was my favorite game box of all time and I loved everything Origin put out in that timeframe.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1390009880942051328

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Going by the alpha it doesn't look like it's turning out like the WC3 remaster. It apparently plays exactly like Diablo 2 but just looks newer and has console/controller support. I'm probably not going to get it (frankly, my fond memories of Diablo 2 are tied entirely to playing it with friends who don't really play games anymore and who I haven't spoken to in years) but it at least seems like it's going to be a perfectly fine remaster.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuhgHzuPYiI

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Someone needs to work in that they called the 3rd Xbox, Xbox One.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For those curious about performance for RE Village on PlayStation 5, ray-tracing turned on results in a significant frame rate hit and slowdown, but turned off the game is a solid 60fps the whole way through, with only a very minor drop in graphic quality.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

way hotter this way tbh

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Zil posted:

I can't wait for the documentary about this court case. It just sounds so off the walls in that courtroom.

This remains my favorite moment so far, big dril tweet energy as later noted
https://twitter.com/duckvalentine/status/1389636775442780161

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Propaganda Hour posted:

Speaking of, review embargo was lifted and the reviews seem generally pretty good!

I love Publisher PR Restrictions

https://twitter.com/iantothemax/status/1389962710876442626

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What does that even leave at that point? Just graphics?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

In all fairness to Resident Evil, when has the main character's story ever been important yes yes I know nerds RE4 is the exception that proves the rule.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm sympathetic to people who are extremely spoiler-sensitive, but I do wonder if this sort of insistence that even relatively minor reveals are "spoilers" is making it impossible to write decent criticism, even if you're trying to be positive. You have to be so vague that you can't really say anything at all. It's not even just publisher review embargo restrictions, though that's certainly a big part of it (I'm sure stifling criticism is the whole point), but also the way people react if you "spoil" something in a review.

I guess it's easy for me to say because I'm not particularly sensitive to spoilers.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Harrow posted:

I'm sympathetic to people who are extremely spoiler-sensitive, but I do wonder if this sort of insistence that even relatively minor reveals are "spoilers" is making it impossible to write decent criticism, even if you're trying to be positive. You have to be so vague that you can't really say anything at all. It's not even just publisher review embargo restrictions, though that's certainly a big part of it (I'm sure stifling criticism is the whole point), but also the way people react if you "spoil" something in a review.

I guess it's easy for me to say because I'm not particularly sensitive to spoilers.

I have to restrain myself from looking too intensely at game trailers because I'll eventually start to figure out all the twists ahead of time.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Electric Phantasm posted:

What does that even leave at that point? Just graphics?

Resident Evil Village is a game that exists, and I have played it. 5/5

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it's not as if resident evil stories are some grand tour de force, their appeal lies in whatever nonsense setpiece you're going to end up in next, such as a large-scale nautical conveyance vehicle

ethan especially is such a miserably vacuous protagonist that any information about him would be appreciated

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol at Tim trying to get the epic store into the Microsoft Xbox PC Xbox Game Pass store like some sort of tapeworm

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mkvltra posted:

Shoot me a PM if you ever feel like trying co-op!

I'll probably take you up on that later because it definitely seems like it could be cool.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

exquisite tea posted:

I have to restrain myself from looking too intensely at game trailers because I'll eventually start to figure out all the twists ahead of time.

That's a sign they should have either better twists or better trailer editors!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Chev posted:

That's a sign they should have either better twists or better trailer editors!

I'm just too good.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Speak for yourself, my main reason for playing RE8 is finding out what happened to Mia Winters

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm going into it hoping for a reverse MGS2 situation where an hour into the game Ethan gets replaced by a much cooler protagonist (Leon/Jill/Claire/Rebecca/Billy/Carlos/Sherry Birkin/Jake/anyone)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Everyone's gotta be hoping there's a villain switch and you get to play as the 9-foot vampire lady.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Everyone's gotta be hoping there's a villain switch and you get to play as the 9-foot vampire lady.

Wouldn't be surprised if that gets modded in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

I said come in! posted:

It looks tight and the studio doing it is real good. I haven't seen any real warning signs the way that the Warcraft III one just seemed intentionally bad from day one