Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Aardvark! posted:

arkansas is not a place of honor

okay wait a goddamn second... are those... Lays!??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Play posted:

okay wait a goddamn second... are those... Lays!??

Those look like ribbon fries.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
i am the sour cream

mighty and robust on the top

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

It's quite the dollop.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

I still don't know tbh

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Bars in Austin would serve homemade thick sliced kettle style chips with all sorts of stuff melted on top, Plucker's had one with blue cheese, bacon, and green onions I really liked.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

i dont have pictures but a local told me there was a bar that used to have a bowl of raw ground beef on the counter. and you would just take handfuls of it to eat (wisconsin USA)

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

LifeSunDeath posted:

I still don't know tbh

Winding corridors and exhibit halls with painted monster footprints on the floors eventually lead to the "Thing", a mummified, likely female "Mother" of possibly Chinese or Native American descent who died in the 1880s to early 1900s, and a mummified "Child" age and descent unknown but inferred to be the son or daughter of the "Mother". They are presented in separate but closely linked displays, coffin, and small coffin, bedding, and scratched plexiglass covering. One story as to the origin of the "Thing" is that the "Mother" and "Child" were illegal border crossers who were found and slaughtered by unknown cowboy bandits during a shootout and found decades later as mummified bodies by a rancher in the area who sold them to the owner/originator of the "Thing". But in this story, the harshness of the truth will never be uncovered, and the "Thing" will remain a mystery.

They also have a Rolls Royce that they say Hitler might have used.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
there was this tex mex buffet called Pancho's that my family went to a lot when i was a kid. place closed many years ago but i guess there's still a few locations dying a slow lingering death in Texas. i cannot find a picture of this so i may have dreamed it but the centerpiece of their dining room was this enormous bust of a stereotypical mustachioed Mexican man wearing a sombrero, his huge mouth gaping open in a silent scream. within his mouth you could find complimentary after-dinner mints. there were little Mexican flags you could raise on a tiny flagpole at the tables which could be used to summon the wait staff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-m-exonLSg

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah I went to pancho's a lot as a kid. my record was thirteen sour cream enchiladas, I dare you to challenge me

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
the world would be a 100x better place if mexican buffets were as common as chinese buffets

Play
Apr 25, 2006

LifeSunDeath posted:

I still don't know tbh

DID you... get that THING.... I SENT you??

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Tip posted:

Winding corridors and exhibit halls with painted monster footprints on the floors eventually lead to the "Thing", a mummified, likely female "Mother" of possibly Chinese or Native American descent who died in the 1880s to early 1900s, and a mummified "Child" age and descent unknown but inferred to be the son or daughter of the "Mother". They are presented in separate but closely linked displays, coffin, and small coffin, bedding, and scratched plexiglass covering. One story as to the origin of the "Thing" is that the "Mother" and "Child" were illegal border crossers who were found and slaughtered by unknown cowboy bandits during a shootout and found decades later as mummified bodies by a rancher in the area who sold them to the owner/originator of the "Thing". But in this story, the harshness of the truth will never be uncovered, and the "Thing" will remain a mystery.

So they have corpses of murder victims on display? Classy. I figured it was just gonna be a feejee mermaid or a jackalope or something. Hope the mummies are just papier-mâché.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Got sick af from eating at Panchos as a kid. gently caress that place.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Basic Poster posted:

Took this last weekend.

Wanna hotbox the gently caress outta that hut.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Tip posted:

If only it were possible to check the DNA of the two to find any familial linkages and possible origins. Alas, such a thing is impossible in tyool 2021.

I'm 100% certain it would be easy to apply for and receive a grant to do exactly that from a number of organizations.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

uber_stoat posted:

there was this tex mex buffet called Pancho's that my family went to a lot when i was a kid. place closed many years ago but i guess there's still a few locations dying a slow lingering death in Texas. i cannot find a picture of this so i may have dreamed it but the centerpiece of their dining room was this enormous bust of a stereotypical mustachioed Mexican man wearing a sombrero, his huge mouth gaping open in a silent scream. within his mouth you could find complimentary after-dinner mints. there were little Mexican flags you could raise on a tiny flagpole at the tables which could be used to summon the wait staff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-m-exonLSg

and they still managed to mix it up with the italian flag. outstanding lol.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

what you think little Mexican flags grow on trees? they're trying to run a business here

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
save a few cents by not putting the eagle on there.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Man, the plague has really hit ol Ol Chuck-E hard.

Looks like he been hitting the rock.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
they're supposed to destroy Charles if a store closes so he doesn't get turned into a hosed up effigy like that.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
In the thumbnail sized pic, it looks like he's sticking out his booty.

Tryna give it up to get another hit.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

carry on then posted:

and they still managed to mix it up with the italian flag. outstanding lol.

I'm starting to think this "Pancho" fella might not even be real!!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Play posted:

I'm starting to think this "Pancho" fella might not even be real!!

turns out he's actually a Jewish guy from New Jersey.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

uber_stoat posted:

they're supposed to destroy Charles if a store closes so he doesn't get turned into a hosed up effigy like that.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Tip posted:

Reminds me of terrible movie Rat Race
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOEwupQsjMo

Which reminds me of great movie Mad Mad Mad Mad World. Perhaps it would be a stretch to declare these movies as showcases of Americana, but they certainly are wacky American highway road trip movie things.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
Anyone remember this?

It was a movie length commercial for Glad garbage bags (similar to Mac & Me with McDonalds).

Also, a stunt person died filming it.

On the other hand, I always thought Rich Hall was funny.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
love a restaurant with good ambience

some kind of ... Crab? Maybe?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

NieR: Americana

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

The Moon Monster posted:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

Proposal: where a kid can be a kid

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Branding and image are most hosed up thing in this thread

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
I don't have a photo, but there is a store in my town that sells Lingerie & Antiques. Does that count as Americana, or just real weird?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

wheatpuppy posted:

I don't have a photo, but there is a store in my town that sells Lingerie & Antiques. Does that count as Americana, or just real weird?

I think I can beat that, a picture I took a couple years ago:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Think how many tourist traps like this exist across America.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Bullfrog posted:

i dont have pictures but a local told me there was a bar that used to have a bowl of raw ground beef on the counter. and you would just take handfuls of it to eat (wisconsin USA)

My good friend, you haven't been introduced to cannibal sandwiches! They consist of raw beef (usually very lean ground round) on rye or Italian bread with sliced onion, salt, and pepper.

I know most of this thread will go 'eww no WTF is wrong with you' but they're good!

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Piled high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

I have a soft spot for Jon Lovitz, so this is acceptable. Also his wife is Peggy Hill show some respect.