Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xcheopis

cruft posted:

That sucks that it's so easy to have $500 stolen :(

Yeah, I've been told it also makes one a bit skittish about going back into the field, which is understandable. But they do anyway!
I didn't ask but I imagine having to file the police report was unpleasant.

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Some day, soon, I will make it to a cat cafe and pet cats.

Manifisto

xcheopis posted:

Some day, soon, I will make it to a cat cafe and pet cats.

cat cafes are good, I wish there was one within walking distance of me

ty nesamdoom!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Mauhaus is not far from me and it's the best cat cafe in North America. I love it so much.

FirstAidKite
I could never go to a cat cafe, I'd be too sad about leaving

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Sadly I am allergic to cats so I can only admire them from afar.

xcheopis

I'm going through petting withdrawal, I need my fix man! Just one fix...

cruft

The gal up the street brought her tiny dog over for a tiny dog play date and this is just the cutest thing ever, y'all.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Zil posted:

Sadly I am allergic to cats so I can only admire them from afar.

Same but it's never stopped me from rubbing them directly on my face.

I will die, but I will die happy, dammit.

Stoner Sloth

cruft posted:

The gal up the street brought her tiny dog over for a tiny dog play date and this is just the cutest thing ever, y'all.

:kimchi:

xcheopis

cruft posted:

Pictures aren't loading

cruft

xcheopis posted:

Pictures aren't loading

So what's developed since my last post is the guest dog has become way more interested in getting into a fight with the neighbor dog than playing with my dog. My dog doesn't understand what the gently caress and just wants to play.

It's like doggie Facebook here in the back yard.

xcheopis

cruft posted:

So what's developed since my last post is the guest dog has become way more interested in getting into a fight with the neighbor dog than playing with my dog. My dog doesn't understand what the gently caress and just wants to play.

It's like doggie Facebook here in the back yard.

A+ dogs, would pet and give snacks

Doggie chuck e cheese

cruft

The dog from the rival gang finally went inside, so the guest dog is playing with Ruby now.

https://i.imgur.com/SY5hjdL.mp4

e: holy poo poo, since when did SA inline videos?

xcheopis

cruft posted:

The dog from the rival gang finally went inside, so the guest dog is playing with Ruby now.

https://i.imgur.com/SY5hjdL.mp4

e: holy poo poo, since when did SA inline videos?

:kimchi:

Beef Of Ages

Your dumb is leaking.

Manifisto posted:

cat cafes are good, I wish there was one within walking distance of me

I do have one and regularly have to keep my wife from spending large amounts of time there. This is my crime.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

so do you eat the cats at the cat cafe or what? I've never heard of a cat cafe

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Zil

Imagine an owl cafe, but with cats

xcheopis

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

so do you eat the cats at the cat cafe or what? I've never heard of a cat cafe

No, the cats gnaw on you while you squeak about how darling they are

xcheopis

Zil posted:

I would go to an owl cafe.

Finger Prince

Zil posted:

I have seen an owl cafe. It's freaky. Those aren't birds that should be kept like that imo.
Also saw a hedgehog cafe.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
Right now I am making vegan toad in the hole, already a perilous proposition, but I'm making it with lupin flour which I've basically never used for anything before, and I didn't measure any of the ingredients and I didn't have the size of tin I was intending to use. Wish me luck!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I hope there’s roomforthetuna!

Escape From Noise

When a family friend visited Japan we met up in Tokyo. They went to an owl cafe in Shibuya but I waited outside because I have a phobia of birds.

xcheopis

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I hope there’s roomforthetuna!

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
It worked okay. The lupin flour made it have a slightly gritty texture more like fried mashed potato rather than the bready batter it would normally be. I wouldn't do it again, but I might do half-lupin half-regular, because the flavor was a bit more interesting than plain flour batter.

Robot Made of Meat

xcheopis posted:

Shingles free 4lyfe!

Ow, my poor arm. Also, "possible flu-like symptoms" are common after the second shot, so I'm prepared to leave work early, if necessary. Gosh darn, that would be a shame.

Woohoo! Grats! I really need to get the shingles vaccination, but I hate needles, and it seems that 2021 is the year of poking holes in my arm.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Robot Made of Meat

Rarity posted:

I CHALLENGE YOU TO A SHOE-OFF

Shouldn't that be a shoe-on?

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Woohoo! Grats! I really need to get the shingles vaccination, but I hate needles, and it seems that 2021 is the year of poking holes in my arm.

My mom had shingles and maybe also covid but now we think just shingles? around thanksgiving and you do not want shingles!!!! She still gets occasional weird sensations and pain from it. That needle will last half a second and shingles will hurt worse and for longer

Robot Made of Meat

more falafel please posted:

should probably be a shoe-on i think!

Dammit!

Robot Made of Meat

Doll House Ghost posted:

I have come to enjoy eating soap, is what I'm saying.

You can now swear in elementary school with impunity.

Robot Made of Meat

SRQ posted:

Dog as promised. 1.5 year old rescue mutt. Was born in the cold and has lived every day of his life absolutely smothered with love and care.
He loves me and that makes me feel good. Outdated picture I'll take another later.

Friend made a portrait of them we have hanging up somewhere.

I would SO scritch that pupper it's not even funny!

xcheopis

Get The Shot! I've had four shots and three blood draws in less than six months and I, too, hate needles. But Postherpetic neuralgia (PHN) (a not-uncommon side-effect of shingles) can last for years after the rash goes away.

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

My mom had shingles and maybe also covid but now we think just shingles? around thanksgiving and you do not want shingles!!!! She still gets occasional weird sensations and pain from it. That needle will last half a second and shingles will hurt worse and for longer

Was she still able to get the vaccine?

cruft

xcheopis posted:

Get The Shot! I've had four shots and three blood draws in less than six months and I, too, hate needles. But Postherpetic neuralgia (PHN) (a not-uncommon side-effect of shingles) can last for years after the rash goes away.

Shingrix is really good, too. Like around 90% efficacy. I should probably ask for it when I go in for my next physical.

E: Ms. Cruft just read to her surprise that they completely got rid of Zostravax in September. You can't get a Zostravax shot in the United States. Wow. It was about 50% effective, which isn't terrible. When Shingrix first came out it was in high demand and I couldn't get it at all, but I guess those days are behind us now!

cruft fucked around with this message at 02:57 on May 6, 2021

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Shouldn't that be a shoe-on?

If that's the case I'm a shoe in

Prof. Crocodile

now i am worried about shingles. :ohdear:

Zil

Prof. Crocodile posted:

now i am worried about shingles. :ohdear:

If you're over50 you should get the shot

xcheopis

cruft posted:

Shingrix is really good, too. Like around 90% efficacy. I should probably ask for it when I go in for my next physical.

E: Ms. Cruft just read to her surprise that they completely got rid of Zostravax in September. You can't get a Zostravax shot in the United States. Wow. It was about 50% effective, which isn't terrible. When Shingrix first came out it was in high demand and I couldn't get it at all, but I guess those days are behind us now!

She should keep trying. I was referred for the vaccine in November of 2020 and was told to start trying to call to get an appointment after January 2021 because they were booked and didn't have any more Shingrix in any local hospital. In September I was finally able to schedule my first shot, which was in late December, the day before my first Moderna shot. They automatically scheduled me for the second, which was helpful. Being on immune suppressants puts me in the high-risk zone for shingles, so I am feeling -very- relieved!

xcheopis

Teddy Thunders posted:

If that's the case I'm a shoe in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

Zil posted:

If you're over50 you should get the shot

well i'm barely 40, so now I'm going to be worried about shingles for like a decade. :ohdear: