Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

poo poo, i can get a porch for under 1k?? taht's a steal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

euphronius posted:

oh god that kitchen lmao

I rented a comparable lovely studio 2002-2007 for $325 a month

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1390320390015225857?s=19

Checking in on commodities. Yep still record highs near daily

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shipon posted:

i would say it's a "Heartbreaking: Worst Person You Know" moment with musk and dealership laws. dealerships are pretty much just scumbag middlemen that are forced onto people because it's illegal to buy a new car any other way.

this should be reason enough, getting rid of the small business auto dealer tyrants would be far more effective to knocking out conservative candidates than basically anything the democrats do right now is

This is also good logic to use to convince folks to support reducing subsidies for oil and gas and restrictions on the production thereof. Those companies have less money to give to shithead right-wing politicians if their revenue is reduced. Although about half of the time liberals think this strategy is "too mean"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

net work error posted:

I need oxsnard here to read the ARKK entrails and tell me how Cathie is feeling.

"Ack!!"

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I rented a comparable lovely studio 2002-2007 for $325 a month

ok boomer

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Pittsburgh was always going to be the next place to see housing explode; it is the Paris of the rust belt, after all.

I for one will be very happy to see Washington gentrify and further on down. Maybe Morgantown will eventually be less of a shithole*

Apr 7, 2003

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Pittsburgh was always going to be the next place to see housing explode; it is the Paris of the rust belt, after all.

I for one will be very happy to see Washington gentrify and further on down. Maybe Morgantown will eventually be less of a shithole*

This place is a twenty minute walk from my house and I live in a lovely neighborhood

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1390320390015225857?s=19

Checking in on commodities. Yep still record highs near daily

Record rally is one way to describe it...

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Penisaurus Sex posted:

it was last place on some list i saw somewhere showing housing affordability ie it was the most affordable major city on the list. i wasn't surprised

Apr 7, 2003

Cold on a Cob posted:

it was last place on some list i saw somewhere showing housing affordability ie it was the most affordable major city on the list. i wasn't surprised

That's in the context of every major city in America becoming unaffordable for a median income family, though.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

That's in the context of every major city in America becoming unaffordable for a median income family, though.

yep, that's why I figured it would get dragged up too. no way the landlord class would let that stand forever.

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit
What the everliving gently caress, I bought my 4Runner new a ~year ago and Vroom will now offer me like $2.5k more than I paid for it

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

stellers bae posted:

What the everliving gently caress, I bought my 4Runner new a ~year ago and Vroom will now offer me like $2.5k more than I paid for it

I want to scream and leave this disgusting system

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

This place is a twenty minute walk from my house and I live in a lovely neighborhood

stop bragging about owning a home, you half-millionaire

Apr 7, 2003

PawParole posted:

stop bragging about owning a home, you half-millionaire

My house is beneath the notice of our parents’ generation

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

stellers bae posted:

Inflation is Joe's cash for clunkers.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
america loving sucks, mate

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
lol all of the boomer car wisdom is being reversed. car appreciates as soon as it leaves the lot. great financial instrument

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
cars are not appreciating in value, the worthless american dollar is falling in value

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Record highs!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Rutibex posted:

cars are not appreciating in value, the worthless american dollar is falling in value

And global trade is collapsing.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Rutibex posted:

Like I said, inflation is Joe's cash for clunkers.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

anime was right posted:

america loving sucks, mate

:hmmyes:

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Was oxnard that hedge fund guy that jumped to his death, suspicious that we haven't seen him since

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Rutibex posted:

we will never let car culture die!!!

"Chip shortage continues, US asks Taiwan to prioritize automakers"

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2021/05/chip-shortage-continues-us-asks-taiwan-to-prioritize-automakers/

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

let's all just chill out and get high w/ number

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

cool av posted:

let's all just chill out and get high w/ number

Number does not like that

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Don't get high with number, it has a way bigger appetite and prefers coke.

Get high and watch number.

stellers bae
Feb 10, 2021

by Hand Knit
Considering trading in my one year old car to get a new one, it'd be about a wash even with fees+tax considering I get new tires and a new warranty lol

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

you dont know what its like to get high until you have smoked abstract concepts

i just blazed 200 digits of pi this morning. they don't exist any more just gone

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

punished milkman posted:

lol all of the boomer car wisdom is being reversed. car appreciates as soon as it leaves the lot. great financial instrument

inflation is awesome lol.

EnergizerFellow
Oct 11, 2005

More drunk than a barrel of monkeys

actionjackson posted:

I'm just very paranoid that even though it only has 55k miles, my 2011 audi a4 avant will have some major issue (probably the engine or something related to the notorious oil consumption, it seems to be known for that) in the next few years, and it will be very expensive to repair.

Protip: Conventional used car lenders won't issue loans on cars >10 years old. This is why you see an appreciable drop off in used pricing on stuff over 10 years old in many cases.

Now is time to ditch that Audi to get the maximum you can out of it, if you're looking to sell. That era of Audi is also somewhat infamous for long-term reliability issues.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
https://twitter.com/CapitalEdgeNY/status/1390322360872574979?s=19

Remember these morons will have more money than most of us will have our entire lives.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Rutibex posted:

:o: Actually inflation is good for people paying off massive amounts of debt, because the dollars they're paying back are worth less than the ones they took out! :downs:

Oh, you're trying to save money? gently caress YOU

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

number is my wife's bull

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

human garbage bag posted:

number is my wife's bull

My condolences to your penis.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

human garbage bag posted:

number is my wife's bull

I have to say your posting has improved theblast couple of weeks. Keep it up.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/lexi4prez/status/1390117517528420352

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

thats a tine