Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

They beat the Capitals twice!!! And he looked defeated because he was playing hurt from the beginning of the season, he broke a rib while getting ready for the season which is why he couldn’t hit the net like he did last year. But the team was stupid about it and kept it hush hush, Ralph lied about it to the media and Jack went out of his way to contradict Ralph which ruled, it was a debacle. But I don’t think he legitimately wants to leave yet. Emphasis on yet.

My bad, I confused the Devils and Sabres season records.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

CBJSprague24 posted:

He does realize the player he reached out to doesn't speak English, right?

He reached out to him with Ovechkin, according to the RMDB article on it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well that one just writes itself.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Has any reporter tried to find out what panarin thinks? It seems that reporting Wilson saying he reached out without saying what panarin thinks about it is kind of bad

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Duck Rodgers posted:

Has any reporter tried to find out what panarin thinks? It seems that reporting Wilson saying he reached out without saying what panarin thinks about it is kind of bad

I have a feeling Panarin has checked out for the season and probably doesn’t want to talk to the media given all the firebrand attention it’s getting. I’d be curious to hear his thoughts but wouldn’t blame him if he wants to keep quiet either.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

eXXon posted:

I'm not going to trawl through 10 years of shitposts but I'm highly skeptical that anyone with a clue thought the Leafs were going to be anything other than perennial 9th seeds before they drafted MNM.

... although yes, there was certainly some irrational exuberance following the signing of 40-goal scorer Jason Blake, and the Phaneuf trade.

I remember when leafs fans were getting hype that Our Luke and Saviour reported to camp at like 250lbs

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Hey, if anyone wants a Taylor Hall Devils jersey for a cool $20, let me know.

th3t00t posted:

Don't forget the excitement following the Kessel trade(s). He was going to be your savior! And giving up 2 late firsts was a steal! (then the picks turned into 2nd and 9th overall)

Even then, a lot of fans and pundits thought Burke was a dumbass or gentleman or both for trading more than Kessel would have cost to sign with an RFA offersheet (he was in fact the former rather than the latter).

abuse culture. posted:

I remember when leafs fans were getting hype that Our Luke and Saviour reported to camp at like 250lbs

https://twitter.com/TheStanchion/status/1096483962392698880

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.c...up/#more-388478

Here’s the full transcript of Wilson’s interview.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Sometimes I think about how Luke Schenn and Phil Kessel are Stanley Cup champions and the Leafs are not.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.c...up/#more-388478

Here’s the full transcript of Wilson’s interview.

Lol, fluff him up a bit more, eh?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

ThinkTank posted:

Sometimes I think about how Luke Schenn and Phil Kessel are Stanley Cup champions and the Leafs are not.

Kessel happily skating around with the Cup is one of my favorite hockey moments ever. It was perfect in every way :kimchi:

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit

ThinkTank posted:

Don't forget Bozak. I'm happy for all three, sincerely.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

In Pierre's defence, an eraser would be pretty bad at hockey so the comparison still worked out in the end

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Eric the Mauve posted:

Kessel happily skating around with the Cup is one of my favorite hockey moments ever. It was perfect in every way :kimchi:

Him filling it up with hot dogs on the golf course too.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
Sabres were the first team to ever finish in 31st place. And are now the last team to finish 31st place.

We made history boys.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

th3t00t posted:

Sabres were the first team to ever finish in 31st place. And are now the last team to finish 31st place.

We made history boys.

LOL Sabres fans are so bad at math they don't realize that there will still be a 31st place team in a 32 team league.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The Kraken is technically a team now, and I'd argue that the Sabres are finishing below them.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

th3t00t posted:

We made history boys.

I have bad news for you.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
God damnit.

I meant the last team to finish in last place as 31st. The Sabres will only be 2nd last all of the times they finish 31st from now on.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You have to wonder if the NHL had relegation if Buffalo would have ever made it back up

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

They could contract the Sabres next year so that another team finishes 31/31.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Powershift posted:

You have to wonder if the NHL had relegation if Buffalo would have ever made it back up

Maybe if they’re bought by a Saudi prince.

At least they weren’t also the last team to finish in 30/30. That was Colorado. So some things do change. But not in Buffalo? That’s just cruel punishment.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Jhet posted:

Maybe if they’re bought by a Saudi prince.

At least they weren’t also the last team to finish in 30/30. That was Colorado. So some things do change. But not in Buffalo? That’s just cruel punishment.

Is Colorado owned by delusional billionaires who would rather focus on buying their next yacht than improving their hockey team? Who refuse to hire someone to run the team even though it’s clear they have no idea what they’re doing? That’s probably the difference.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Is Dallas beating Tampa Bay tonight to keep their playoff hopes alive?

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

https://twitter.com/samanthacp_/status/1390709323471360001

Look, you can body slam a guy on his head, but damnit if you attempt to do something similarish, well George Parros is comin for you buzz.

McEwan got one game, which is probably fair.

Howewer, this is seemingly ok:
https://twitter.com/RobTheHockeyGuy/status/1390496008035979264?s=20

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nurse is initiating the ancient ritual of '2 for flinching', and since (lol like I know any Canucks except Tony DeAngelo, the racist homophobe nazi shithead they just traded for) doesn't flinch Nurse gets the 2 minutes himself.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Is that not multiple cross checks to the neck? Only 2 for slashing (and the player not reacting to the cross checks) makes me wonder if it is an optical illusion.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Carwash oval office posted:

Is that not multiple cross checks to the neck? Only 2 for slashing (and the player not reacting to the cross checks) makes me wonder if it is an optical illusion.

He doesn’t have his stick in his punching hand.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Aphrodite posted:

lol like I know any Canucks except Tony DeAngelo, the racist homophobe nazi shithead they just traded for

Huh?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was a joke someone posted here yesterday.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Is Colorado owned by delusional billionaires who would rather focus on buying their next yacht than improving their hockey team? Who refuse to hire someone to run the team even though it’s clear they have no idea what they’re doing? That’s probably the difference.

They are actually but you're describing Arsenal Football Club not a NHL team. Honestly the AVs are doing well probably because they're the team the Kroenke's gently caress with the least amount right now.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

rex rabidorum vires posted:

They are actually but you're describing Arsenal Football Club not a NHL team.

This is true, and awesome.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Nurse is initiating the ancient ritual of '2 for flinching', and since (lol like I know any Canucks except Tony DeAngelo, the racist homophobe nazi shithead they just traded for) doesn't flinch Nurse gets the 2 minutes himself.
Rally up CAS, someone's being racist against Italian Americans and attacking our Tony

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I always supported the Phil Kessel deal because Phil Kessel is, like, one of my top-3 favourite hockey players of all-time. And that's all I need to evaluate how good a deal is.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cartoon Man posted:

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Cartoon Man posted:

nope.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

ImplicitAssembler posted:

I think it’s fair, and it’s good game management, if they both played the next game there’s a good chance one of them boards the poo poo out of the other, the games don’t matter - it’s good for both teams that it doesn’t happen. Could you give Nurse one as well, maybe but I think the more important thing is not having a player badly injured in a dead game if it escalated more.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Mike Works posted:

Rally up CAS, someone's being racist against Italian Americans and attacking our Tony

lmao

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/status/1390810375273160705

Jesse is loved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Wade Allison is a good hockey boy