Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is this what debate and discussion when one of their 3 pro-trumps log in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tae posted:

I know right it’s insane

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Tae posted:

Haven't seen a Corncob avatar yet

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
e: not worth it

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i have tabulated the votes and i am afraid that the MVP this season is going to Cameron "Cam" Payne.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I'm glad the Mavs are accepting doge coin and hope it continues to go up. I would like to get a lot of good Mavs tickets because of a meme crypto taking off.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Western Conference is softer than the East this year.

This is separate than the Big Honey thing. Just pointing it out.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Spacebump posted:

I'm glad the Mavs are accepting doge coin and hope it continues to go up. I would like to get a lot of good Mavs tickets because of a meme crypto taking off.

I’ve pocketed about $800 just playing around with it. The future is so dumb.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

a new study bible! posted:

Western Conference is softer than the East this year.

This is separate than the Big Honey thing. Just pointing it out.

lol what

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

It's Friday night and the Sixers fans are feeling rowdy on the internet

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Throw out the fraudulent Jazz and Clippers. Throw out the fraudulent Sixers if you want.

East is better.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

There are four legit teams... Bucks, Nets, Suns, and Nuggets.

East better.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

i have tabulated the votes and i am afraid that the MVP this season is going to Cameron "Cam" Payne.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’d say there are 6 legit teams

Phil mil nj Utah phoe and the clippers

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

There are four legit teams... Bucks, Nets, Suns, and Nuggets.

East better.

The Nets just lost to a Dallas team missing KP. Take them out and put the Clippers and Utah in.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
It's a pointless conversation because there's no objective measurement of better, if you're throwing out teams at random.

The 4 seed in the east is the Ny Knicks. The 4 seed in the east is the Denver Nuggets. Two days ago, the Nuggets beat the Knicks so thoroughly that it was hardly a basketball game. And that's without 3 of their former top 5 guys. So what does best mean?

My instinct tells me that the finals will be Bucks Clippers, which means they'll both lose in the first round, but they seem like the 7 game series winning types.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 00:43 on May 8, 2021

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
The Bucks are 15-13 vs the West. The Jazz are 24-6 vs the East.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I think this season is wide open, and I think matchups are gonna determine a big role in who wins. Especially in the West.

I think the Clippers would fare better against the Jazz than the Lakers would. I think the Lakers would do better against the Nuggets and Suns than the Clippers would.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

jackofarcades posted:

Gobert is really good

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

gonna quote a bunch of posts on this last page or so when Lebron once again wills his team to a ring over a bunch of teams that probably should have beat him

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The East has no claim to being a better conference until their side of the playoff bracket doesn't including a team with a losing record.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

jackofarcades posted:

Jazz also haven't won a meaningful game in a month. They live and die by Clarkson and his scoring has become kinda volatile as of late.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

MourningView posted:

truly bizarre a real mystery how anyone could arrive at this conclusion

Lol

Euphronius is my favorite to win the PFZ/monkeu award this season.

I’m wondering what the numbers are for the argument about the value of a Russ DREB: what’s the orating of those possessions vs the rest of the team rebounding?

Actually, what would be the data source for that? I’ve been wanting to mess around with the data in a notebook and make some visualizations but I never know where I can get play data. I think I’d be willing to pay if it wasn’t too exorbitant.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Spacebump posted:

The East has no claim to being a better conference until their side of the playoff bracket doesn't including a team with a losing record.

Are you throwing in play-in teams into this equation because the Spurs are 3 games under. 500

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

if the Kings beat the Spurs tonight what are the odds that they get the 10 seed now that Zion is out? they've got two each against Memphis and OKC before ending with the Jazz, will they go 5-1 to close out the season or will they Kings it up? Will it matter if the Spurs last six are against the Blazers, Bucks, Nets, Knicks and Suns twice?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

As an aside is there anywhere to get team stats when only played against fully healthy starting fives? Not sure where to begin that query, but with so many injuries it would be interesting to see.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If it’s your idea that a poster should be thrown into some monkeu like phantom zone because he dares to question whether that - while jokic obviously a top 10 player - maybe he isn’t the most valuable player in the league - I say look in the Mirror and question your dedication to the free pursuit of truth

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Are you throwing in play-in teams into this equation because the Spurs are 3 games under. 500

I'm only counting real playoff teams (1-8 seed), not play in teams. I guess the play-in is going to force a change in not considering 9th and 10th playoff teams over time.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Spacebump posted:

I'm only counting real playoff teams (1-8 seed), not play in teams. I guess the play-in is going to force a change in not considering 9th and 10th playoff teams over time.

no that makes sense, i just didnt notice that Charlotte has a losing record.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Metapod posted:

Euphronius the liquid you find at home depot isn't juice

lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The west has two high altitude home courts and two teams in la and will thus always have a natural advantage

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

euphronius posted:

The west has two high altitude home courts and two teams in la and will thus always have a natural advantage

The East has two teams in New York and two in Florida. A natural free agency advantage.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I can see why you'd want to throw out the jazz in favor of proven playoff teams like the suns bucks and sixers

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spacebump posted:

The East has two teams in New York and two in Florida. A natural free agency advantage.

One team in ny, Dolan doesn’t count

So the balance goes to the two Hugh altitude teams

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

A) I called the sixers frauds- they are
B) The Jazz are a successful postseason franchise?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

A) I called the sixers frauds- they are
B) The Jazz are a successful postseason franchise?

none of those teams are that is my point dumb dumb

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

euphronius posted:

One team in ny, Dolan doesn’t count

So the balance goes to the two Hugh altitude teams

The West is ultimately better because it has had more competent owners for like the last 20 years.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Jazz also haven't won a meaningful game in a month. They live and die by Clarkson and his scoring has become kinda volatile as of late.

Mitchell and Conley aren't expected to be out for the playoffs. Conley in particular I'm pretty sure they're just being extra cautious with

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

MourningView posted:

none of those teams are that is my point dumb dumb

buh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spacebump posted:

The West is ultimately better because it has had more competent owners for like the last 20 years.

I think players are more important than owners