Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

MourningView posted:

Garland rules, they need to trade sexton and go full bore building around him

Im too invested in the Sexman man but im also not very smart at basketball so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Click it.
https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1390849868525080576?s=19

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Katana_Warrior posted:

https://twitter.com/DaneMooreNBA/status/1390871279314554883

This reminds me of those interviews where Russ would answer questions directed at his teammates on their behalf. I'm glad the Timberwolves finally have a leader

This warms my heart.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Ammanas posted:

the brooklyn nets are functionally owned by the Chinese government. Yet another reason to hate them

There are no good owners, sorry.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kenyon Martin Jr. Just put me into a coffin now.

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

Lol exactly my reaction when I learned of his existence a week or two ago

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

Just wait until Bronny gets drafted

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

verbal enema posted:

he's a beast! just like, one of them needs to be bigger

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The Lakers have a chance to be the first team to follow a championship season by losing in the play in.

This season's compacted schedule was dumb.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Brolander posted:

he's a beast! just like, one of them needs to be bigger

Same thing they said about another famous Central Division backcourt of Kirk Hinrich and Ben Gordon.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Need euphronius' take on the number of days in the week

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Spacebump posted:

The Lakers have a chance to be the first team to follow a championship season by losing in the play in.

maybe LeBron should have been playing instead of doing space jam re-shoots with 90s lola

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Arrest Kyle Kuzma

edit: IMMEDIATELY

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Need euphronius' take on the number of days in the week

You ever see that episode of Doug where Quailman adds an extra day to the week? That many

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Stevie Lee posted:

maybe LeBron should have been playing instead of doing space jam re-shoots with 90s lola

Part 2 of this dumb season is when players get injured at the Olympics.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Part 2 of this dumb season is when players get injured at the Olympics.
That's presuming the full Olympics are actually going to happen with parts of Japan having just regressed back into Covid-19 Emergency protocols.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I feel bad because Kuz had the second best +/- on the game after Markieff but also every time he shot I sucked air through my teeth like I needed it to breathe

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Spacebump posted:

Maybe there’s a curse on the favourite team? Warriors, Clippers, now Lakers.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

That's presuming the full Olympics are actually going to happen with parts of Japan having just regressed back into Covid-19 Emergency protocols.

The Olympics are going to happen. The pandemic has taught me greed beats logic too much.

Red Rox posted:

Maybe there’s a curse on the favourite team? Warriors, Clippers, now Lakers.

Maybe. This season just feels like there are way more injuries. I feel like anyone playing fantasy basketball would agree.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 8, 2021

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

verbal enema posted:

He's a really good scorer! But Garland is going to be better and you probably can't be good starting both of them

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Crazy Ted posted:

They're happening. It might be in empty buildings but they're happening.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Crazy Ted posted:

That's what happens when a country doesn't believe in vaccines

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

LeBron's recent injury has probably changed his chances of playing in the Olympics to 0.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Tae posted:

From what I understand from my friends there it's less about whether or not they're believed in and more about how difficult it is to get the government to just roll them out, basically everything is in red tape hell.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Tae posted:

Japan's Vaccine Mascot regime just hasn't been strong enough.

Rick posted:

They're happening. It might be in empty buildings but they're happening.
I can definitely see them happening in empty buildings. I just wonder how many athletes who take part in sports where the Olympics aren't THE end-all of competition are going to become wary at the prospect of taking part in an Olympics where it's looking like they're going to have to live in Ye Olde Social Bubble for 2+ weeks because the government ultimately hasn't handled the pandemic very well.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 05:59 on May 8, 2021

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spacebump posted:

love to waste a season of my league's marquee star in his late 30s out of respect for the Olympics, great business decision

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I wish everyone in America believed in taking Covid vaccines.

MourningView posted:

love to waste a season of my league's marquee star in his late 30s out of respect for the Olympics, great business decision

The compacted schedule helped cripple the league's marquee team/reigning champ with the marquee star. What a poor decision. The league got too greedy this season and it hurt them. Less games could also lead to more money, they just don't consider improved quality of games or what the impact of making each game feel more like an event would do.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 06:00 on May 8, 2021

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Shortest off-season, constant back to backs, cancel the season imo

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Kuzma in here lookin' like when you have a character in Crusader Kings 3 that has a grandparent with the homely trait but they themselves don't have the homely trait.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Veryslightlymad posted:

Kuzma in here lookin' like when you have a character in Crusader Kings 3 that has a grandparent with the homely trait but they themselves don't have the homely trait.
He looks kinda like an Oblivion character with a slightly-less-rounded face.

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
If teams were seeded in the playoffs by eyebrow power the Lakers would be #1 easy

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Jimmy really pissed off the T Wolves this game. Haven't seen that many techs in a single game. D'Lo got tossed in the 3rd quarter.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

MourningView posted:

**Looks at Japan in a State of Emergency**

I'm SURE the Olympics are gonna happen.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

Japan's Vaccine Mascot regime just hasn't been strong enough.

I can definitely see them happening in empty buildings. I just wonder how many athletes who take part in sports where the Olympics aren't THE end-all of competition are going to become wary at the prospect of taking part in an Olympics where it's looking like they're going to have to live in Ye Olde Social Bubble for 2+ weeks because the government ultimately hasn't handled the pandemic very well.

Yeah I think you're on to something, a bubble is going to be hard for someone who already has a payday coming from somewhere else or that could come from somewhere else if they start to focus on that. If on top of everything the level of sport isn't good it's really is going to drive in what a mistake this was.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
The reason Jokic can't be MVP for me is that he doesn't fit my notion of how a other worldly athlete should look. I want my MVP to look like a roided out 5 percent body fat freak with massive deltoids / incredible abs.

E.g. Giannis, Westbrook, Magic era Dwight, etc.

No amount of basketball skill, efficiency or playmaking will change that for me. It's why I find it hard to root for Harden too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

MourningView posted:

can i get an update on this

Ayyyyyye 😎