Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mr. Steak posted:

well, or pushing people really hard based on gut reads. if i feel like getting executed

i think we play day 1 pretty similar tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Yeah I'd vote Grand.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CCKeane posted:

Yeah I'd vote Grand.

you've been voting for the same person all game. (i know you were already expressing suspicion of grandi before, and i was already wondering about this. do you still think grandi is bussing a scum solus?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*the same person as grandi

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im not saying that's infeasible. just wondering.

i see grandi as someone who will tunnel on someone for doing something "objectively anti-town" with little hesitation. so if his scumbud did what solus did without clearing it w the team first, i can see grandi intentionally tunneling on solus to adhere to his self-observed town play. so it does make sense to me on a player-meta level.

my only holdup is that grandi hasn't really been tunneling solus for the vig. he's on solus for what seems like more understated reasons...? i mean, i dont really understand his case on solus, but i think scum would not stray too far from the easy vig case. thats just wifom tho (ugh)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i guess what it boils down to is if grandi was gonna bus, he'd probably be more loud about it

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also, assuming you know 2 scum on day 1 is foolish

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Mr. Steak posted:

you've been voting for the same person all game. (i know you were already expressing suspicion of grandi before, and i was already wondering about this. do you still think grandi is bussing a scum solus?

Yes, in my heart of heart I believe Grand and Solus are attempting a bamboozle.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im actually starting to think [redacted] is scum. but i dont feel like casing him right now

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Things are beginning to get circular on this point in the thread so I’m gonna drop my ##vote Solus

honestly I think it’s too high a liability to town to allow him to live, while there are benefits to his execution especially on Day 1 with limited information.

The method they are using (RNG) is anti-town at worst null at best, and roles not being indicative of alignment muddies the water even more.

So:

Hip shot=null
If RNG = null leaning scum
Or
If Lying about RNG = scummy

If scum:

Absolute town death D2-3

If town rough 9-11/14 chance town death because of RNG

If he’s lunched and flips town:

We lose a one shot random vig with low impact to overall strategy as an Armorer is possibly present and there is a power role heavy game, the at low connection and concerns over their positive leaning take on Solus is cleared up, and we can put the gambit business to bed with Grandi.

If he’s lunched and flips scum:

They lose a free kill, the arguments and scrutiny of At low and Grandi becomes highlighted, and interactions with nearly every poster can be analyzed as each person has commented on this issue in some fashion, which can’t be said for any other lunch candidate.

In the absence of any big upheavals, I’m happy with my vote.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

Yes, in my heart of heart I believe Grand and Solus are attempting a bamboozle.

I don’t think so

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

See, a Solus vote would put this to rest

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

sandnavyguy posted:

Things are beginning to get circular on this point in the thread so I’m gonna drop my ##vote Solus

honestly I think it’s too high a liability to town to allow him to live, while there are benefits to his execution especially on Day 1 with limited information.

The method they are using (RNG) is anti-town at worst null at best, and roles not being indicative of alignment muddies the water even more.

So:

Hip shot=null
Or

If scum:

Absolute town death D2-3

We lose a one shot random vig with low impact to overall strategy as an Armorer is possibly present and there is a power role heavy game, the at low connection and concerns over their positive leaning take on Solus is cleared up, and we can put the gambit business to bed with Grandi.

They lose a free kill, the arguments and scrutiny of At low and Grandi becomes highlighted, and interactions with nearly every poster can be analyzed as each person has commented on this issue in some fashion, which can’t be said for any other lunch candidate.

Yuck. This isn’t based on content at all.

##vote SNG

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

sandnavyguy posted:

So:

Hip shot=null
Or

If scum:

Absolute town death D2-3

I don't like any of this post (except for the vote, but the reasoning is hella spurious).
First off there is no reasonable assumption that Solus will do his next shot as a hip shot. The fact that it is public and has gotten him some push back for it makes me think it is a very low likelyhood to do so. Especially after we have a flip and a kill, taking a random shot is so much worse d2 and on than it is d1. But SNG spends all of that time going through the math which looks like content, but really isn't.
Second he says that it looks like town is going in circles, he says this not having posted since Friday. It's a weekend, I get it, but you can't complain about circular content when you aren't here to provide content.
Thirdly, he goes into how informational the kill will be based on how it will paint me and AT-LOW. Not how scummy he is...
The conclusion is SNG doesn't care if Solus is town or scum. He wants to kill him because he is a liability, and how it will look for AT-LOW and me. Not because he is scummy.

I still think Solus is scum, but this SNG post is way scummier.

##vote Sandnavyguy

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

merk posted:

Yuck. This isn’t based on content at all.

##vote SNG

Dammit merk, you said the same thing in way fewer words.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

What? How? It’s based on my read of the multiple conversations going on, as well as my already previously stated position on Solus’ actions, in my other posts.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m also with my mama today so I will be hella out of it

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sandnavyguy posted:

What? How? It’s based on my read of the multiple conversations going on, as well as my already previously stated position on Solus’ actions, in my other posts.

You’re not necessarily arguing that Solus is scum, just that we should kill him to prevent him shooting sorta?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait, are we supposed to vote somebody we think is scum on day 1...?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i thought the point of day 1 was to voite someone who gives good info on their flip

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i literally feel like ive been white knighting for every single player and i acknowledge that it's annoying, but i kinda vibe with what sng is putting down here

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that said, there are surely higher-info flips than solus. right?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
at-low would be good info, but he's actually contributed meaningfully to thread, so nah

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tbh i would not be remiss to vote grandi for the info. but that's not preferred

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(not to say that grandi hasnt contributed meaningfully. but at-low was truly wall-of-texting it up. i want that energy to stay in the game)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i just feel so drat apathetic about all 3 vote leaders. lets do this ##vote oa

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

sandnavyguy posted:

So:

Hip shot=null
Or

If scum:

Absolute town death D2-3

Solus is the laziest vote going sorry, why would we throw away the ability to effectively lunch two scummy players in one day? If solus doesn’t play along tomorrow then I’m all for lunching them but right now it’s lazy and scummy as hell to jump on this low hanging fruit with this poor reasoning

##vote SNG

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Mr. Steak posted:

wait, are we supposed to vote somebody we think is scum on day 1...?

Is this a serious post? Lmao

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
first 3rd vote of the game alert

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

You know what I would also vote steak, giving me real bad vibes

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ObamaAkbar. posted:

You know what I would also vote steak, giving me real bad vibes

ooh, ok this gets me fired up. something just clicked in my head and i am convinced you're scum

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Mr. Steak posted:

first 3rd vote of the game alert

I’d love to know the statistics on this ‘3rd vote’ rule, I’ve never seen it used to catch scum personally

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Mr. Steak posted:

ooh, ok this gets me fired up. something just clicked in my head and i am convinced you're scum

loving lol, the double reverse OMGUS? Why did you vote for me if you didn’t think I was scum before?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Grandicap posted:

I don't like any of this post (except for the vote, but the reasoning is hella spurious).
First off there is no reasonable assumption that Solus will do his next shot as a hip shot. The fact that it is public and has gotten him some push back for it makes me think it is a very low likelyhood to do so. Especially after we have a flip and a kill, taking a random shot is so much worse d2 and on than it is d1. But SNG spends all of that time going through the math which looks like content, but really isn't.
Second he says that it looks like town is going in circles, he says this not having posted since Friday. It's a weekend, I get it, but you can't complain about circular content when you aren't here to provide content.
Thirdly, he goes into how informational the kill will be based on how it will paint me and AT-LOW. Not how scummy he is...
The conclusion is SNG doesn't care if Solus is town or scum. He wants to kill him because he is a liability, and how it will look for AT-LOW and me. Not because he is scummy.

I still think Solus is scum, but this SNG post is way scummier.

##vote Sandnavyguy

Spurious eh? Let’s take a look and Let’s break it down then.

In what way he he unlikely to do RNG again? It seems to me they took the backlash in stride.

It’s no more likely than not, but THE VERY FACT he did it once means it’s something he’s comfortable doing.

And that is if he indeed is town. That’s still a liability and an outright threat if not.

And math IS content. It’s logically staking a position based on probability and risk, which is a core part of this game.

I haven’t posted since Friday because nothing new has popped up. The arguments are ALL in reference in some way to Solus. And I gave my position on that twice already on Friday itself.

Sandwolf posted:

You’re not necessarily arguing that Solus is scum, just that we should kill him to prevent him shooting sorta?

Since I can’t exactly make a logical point of “my gut read is scum” yes I stated that at this point Solus is a liability wether town or scum in order to be perfectly impartial and true to probability. I think he leans scummy as a matter of gut reaction to his actions that haven’t been allieviates by others points or positions. AND it just so happens they are “null at best scum at worst, “ which is a fine vote standard for D1. But I will absolutely vote for what is in towns best interest based on the information I’m given and I’m not sure what Grandi and Merk are using as a valid reason to vote me over the candidates already put forth.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ObamaAkbar. posted:

loving lol, the double reverse OMGUS? Why did you vote for me if you didn’t think I was scum before?

i literally just got done saying i wasn't gonna vote for people i think are scummy. but now i just may

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*not necessarily* i should say.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

So we should just lunch solus without even asking him what he plans to do tomorrow?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Mr. Steak posted:

i literally just got done saying i wasn't gonna vote for people i think are scummy. but now i just may

What is Mafia? Lunching scum gives us the most information so why wouldn’t we lunch scummy players first?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i empathize with thinking the solus vote is boring, but strongly disagree with your logic. a scum vig will always have the option to kill town. for one thing, the chances that the person town directs him to shoot is town will be high anyway. and if it's scum, he'd easily be able to wiggle his way into shooting a different person. because blindly following the advice of thread (which has scum in it) isn't townie behavior either. there is nothing in solus's behavior tomorrow or the next day that will elucidate his alignment. but it will probably result in a dead town.

im not advocating we lunch solus. im just saying you're wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I know you like to get into big slap fights steak but I’m going to have to disappoint as I’m off to bed