Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Chard posted:

stat trackers. finishers is the only one i bother to put on legends - bloody hands

no stats are tracked in the “permanent” Arenas. it’s so stupid. give me a drop down for Arena stats Respawn

edit: oh idk how i didn’t see them lol

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 01:55 on May 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ima Computer
Oct 28, 2007

Stop all the downloading!

Help computer.
There are separate stat trackers for Arena Kills, Arena Damage, and Arena Wins.

There's also a dropdown on the stats page to switch between Battle Royale and Arena stats.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

that is irritatingly pointless. if they're going to give me challenges for doing finishers in arena they should count them on the tracker :mad:

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Apparently, Wattson's fences don't work right now. They don't apply the stun to people crossing the fences. Maybe due to the arc star changes.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Whoever this was, live with the knowledge that you committed Goonicide t:mad:

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Joined an Arena match to get one more Juice Canister so I could finish a daily. Ended up being a friend and I without a third against a full team so we decided to goof off and try and get our Pistol knockdown/damage weeklys since we were already screwed. Got trounced two rounds in a row before the Wingman Gods shone upon us and we reverse swept them using fully upgraded Wingmans and RE-45s. The most nonsense game of Arena I'll probably ever play.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Songbearer posted:

Whoever this was, live with the knowledge that you committed Goonicide t:mad:

One of the highlights of playing this game is running into another goon squad on King's Canyon and ripping them with a 301 back when I was still kinda shaky at the game. I didn't realize till just after the fact and the other goon group dropped in our discord channel to heckle us lol.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Queer Salutations posted:

Joined an Arena match to get one more Juice Canister so I could finish a daily. Ended up being a friend and I without a third against a full team so we decided to goof off and try and get our Pistol knockdown/damage weeklys since we were already screwed. Got trounced two rounds in a row before the Wingman Gods shone upon us and we reverse swept them using fully upgraded Wingmans and RE-45s. The most nonsense game of Arena I'll probably ever play.

I'm terrible with the wingman but for one glorious arena match I got to clown on some folk by wingman sniping and that's a pretty good close to the week imo

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Evil Kit posted:

One of the highlights of playing this game is running into another goon squad on King's Canyon and ripping them with a 301 back when I was still kinda shaky at the game. I didn't realize till just after the fact and the other goon group dropped in our discord channel to heckle us lol.

Reminds me of that time where two goon squads landed opposite sides of the map, killed our way to the middle and had a face off.

I threw that game so I could kill Bhodi :allears:

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Had my first arena game go into over time!

https://twitter.com/marshymarsh101/status/1391562691509096448?s=21

First time ever I’ve cracked 3k damage!

MarshyMcFly fucked around with this message at 03:13 on May 10, 2021

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

You know what would be neat? A way to send commendations to enemy teams or something. Basically a way of saying "good match" to people on Arena, maybe with a little gift of tokens or whatever

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Simone Magus posted:

I think they did a great job with the arena designs btw, sniping is not OP and in fact can often be really bad, a coordinated team that actually flanks will just casually take snipers out pretty often in my experience

can u explain in more detail how 2 flank

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Jinnigan posted:

can u explain in more detail how 2 flank

its good to be where its bad for them for you to be, in

ErKeL
Jun 18, 2013
Getting round the side instead of going for the canister, popping your mirage ult in their face basically disables enemy snipers which is usually all 3 of them. You can take out 1-2 like this easy.
Those bows smashing out 70dmg a hit ain't going to do anything against my clone army!

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Going from a mouse and keyboard to a switch has been interesting.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

The key to flanking is actually just being a nuisance and having an escape route instead of trying to go for a 1v3.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Do Lifeline players not know they can just press E on someone to start reviving them? I've never seen a pub Lifeline bother, even when they seem fairly decent.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I don't play lifeline that often, and sometimes when I'm not paying attention during character select and get booted off my character onto lifeline I'll forget she has the revive.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Say what you will but that shield was a great incentive to rez

Having your buddy become emergency cover while helping them is a hard bargain to pass up

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

KillerQueen posted:

Do Lifeline players not know they can just press E on someone to start reviving them? I've never seen a pub Lifeline bother, even when they seem fairly decent.

Noticed since the update Lifeline pubbies have just... straight up forgot how to. Threw a match yesterday after a messy third party-ing because our Lifeline just would not take the second it would have taken to drop the auto revive while we mewled around her feet begging her in chat, letting us bleed out and giving the pair she was firing at the upper hand despite us having the way, way better position we'd claimed from the squad that downed us.

Also noticed a lot of Horizons haven't figured out that the gravity lift boots you from the top after a few seconds now and just keep dimly trying to do the old sniper tower/phoenix kit strafe on it before getting unceremoniously yeeted off towards whatever's trying to kill them.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah lifelines have completely given up on rez in pubs. But I think this is because pubbies largely don't know you need to move to behind cover now. Whenever I have a teammate die they just sit still like a fainting goat in the middle of 3 enemies and expect me to run in and rez them.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqFAuK_u5eY

had a really nice game where we got constantly third partied but everyone was really nice about only coming in once we were mostly done with the previous team. good game for me, finally got my 2k damage badge on octane

be curious to get some advice from better players. on rewatch i saw at least 2 times where the enemy was completely on my screen and i just..... didn't see them, cuz i was focused on something else. oopsy

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Some guy baited Tufi, a prolific cheater and pain in the rear end for streamers, into showing his personal identification. So now Tufi's getting sued by EA and may possibly be in jail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZgIWRmAda4

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveApex/comments/n8v2v5/tufi_is_in_jail

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

who are the good apex content creators to follow, either for fun or for learning?
ive learned a lot watching albralelie, i like that when his team gets downed they think about what mistakes they made and what they should've done better

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Rubellavator posted:

Some guy baited Tufi, a prolific cheater and pain in the rear end for streamers, into showing his personal identification. So now Tufi's getting sued by EA and may possibly be in jail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZgIWRmAda4

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveApex/comments/n8v2v5/tufi_is_in_jail

End of a very unfortunate era right there. I think nearly every apex streamer I watch had been stream sniped by him regularly. Certainly won't solve the hacker problem, but he should certainly serve as a good cautionary tale for anyone who wants to build a reputation for stream sniping and hacking.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Or to remind them not to give out personal identification and videotape your hack spree.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Jinnigan posted:

who are the good apex content creators to follow, either for fun or for learning?
ive learned a lot watching albralelie, i like that when his team gets downed they think about what mistakes they made and what they should've done better

I like Noko's stuff, all of his guides are great and his usual gameplay is really good too. All his legend specific guides will almost certainly have a few things in there you didn't know.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

J posted:

I like Noko's stuff, all of his guides are great and his usual gameplay is really good too. All his legend specific guides will almost certainly have a few things in there you didn't know.

thank you, this guy is great!

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Jinnigan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqFAuK_u5eY

had a really nice game where we got constantly third partied but everyone was really nice about only coming in once we were mostly done with the previous team. good game for me, finally got my 2k damage badge on octane

be curious to get some advice from better players. on rewatch i saw at least 2 times where the enemy was completely on my screen and i just..... didn't see them, cuz i was focused on something else. oopsy

I think I'm basically in your same skill bracket, but,

*I don't know why you were using the 30-30. You landed maybe 5% of your shots, and passed up a bunch of G7s and Boceks besides! Speaking as someone who also had a 95% miss rate with the 30-30 until the last week of last season, going to the firing range with that one would probably be helpful.

*Looking back at the moments when you were on a roll, you will notice that half the work was done by the fact that, in that moment, you came from an unexpected place. And in the moments where you stalled out, like that small abortive peek at 1:35, you were going out of your way to be predictable. Instead of going back to the same piece of cover with the intention of popping out as you were already doing, you could have put doing your ult and done a long jump to the other end of that long building. Maybe it wouldn't have worked out, but you could just pop your stim in that situation and run back to cover.

*On that note, you weren't really using Octane's abilities to facilitate any plays. With your tactical, you can really catch people with their pants down by showing up just 2 seconds earlier than they expect you to. Instead, it seemed like you were dreading coming into contact with enemies half the time. Again, that tactical means you can just scout things out at ground-level with minimal risk, and your ult means you can make high jumps just to scout enemy positions.

More personally, I always ask myself, what would be most convenient for my enemies right now? If the answer is [whatever I'm currently doing], I try to change my gameplan. I try to never spend more than 5-10 seconds on the same patch of ground, and I try to not use pieces of cover/angles of attack more than once unless circumstances changed majorly in the same fight. I always ask myself if the last 30 seconds of play worked out as best as they could, and if not, what I could do differently in the next 30

Oh and I also try to visualize everything in an eagle's eye view, as if from Crypto's drone, and then do the play that would be the most off-the-chain sicknasty to an outside perspective. Somehow that helps :v:

Ramie fucked around with this message at 17:42 on May 10, 2021

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

catgirlgenius posted:

I think I'm basically in your same skill bracket, but,

*I don't know why you were using the 30-30. You landed maybe 5% of your shots, and passed up a bunch of G7s and Boceks besides! Speaking as someone who also had a 95% miss rate with the 30-30 until the last week of last season, going to the firing range with that one would probably be helpful.

*Looking back at the moments when you were on a roll, you will notice that half the work was done by the fact that, in that moment, you came from an unexpected place. And in the moments where you stalled out, like that small abortive peek at 1:35, you were going out of your way to be predictable. Instead of going back to the same piece of cover with the intention of popping out as you were already doing, you could have put doing your ult and done a long jump to the other end of that long building. Maybe it wouldn't have worked out, but you could just pop your stim in that situation and run back to cover.

*On that note, you weren't really using Octane's abilities to facilitate any plays. With your tactical, you can really catch people with their pants down by showing up just 2 seconds earlier than they expect you to. Instead, it seemed like you were dreading coming into contact with enemies half the time. Again, that tactical means you can just scout things out at ground-level with minimal risk, and your ult means you can make high jumps just to scout enemy positions.

More personally, I always ask myself, what would be most convenient for my enemies right now? If the answer is [whatever I'm currently doing], I try to change my gameplan. I try to never spend more than 5-10 seconds on the same patch of ground, and I try to not use pieces of cover/angles of attack more than once unless circumstances changed majorly in the same fight. I always ask myself if the last 30 seconds of play worked out as best as they could, and if not, what I could do differently in the next 30

Oh and I also try to visualize everything in an eagle's eye view, as if from Crypto's drone, and then do the play that would be the most sicknasty to an outside perspective :v:

thanks! this is all extremely helpful feedback

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

J posted:

nice, thanks! i just watched his bronze-gold ranked climb video and found it super helpful.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I like Sooxfar and iTemp. They're pretty chill which I like in streamers.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Jinnigan posted:

thanks! this is all extremely helpful feedback

So the short story is always use the flatline. Cause that gun fuckin owns

TrixR4kids
Jul 29, 2006

LOGIC AND COMMON SENSE? YOU AIN'T GET THAT FROM ME!

durrneez posted:

nice, thanks! i just watched his bronze-gold ranked climb video and found it super helpful.

Immadness of CLG is doing something similar, basically gonna compile the stream highlights and try and teach ppl tips and tricks for each level. I think he's in gold currently.

As for streamers it kinda just depends what you wanna watch at any given time. Noko is good guy and very good at the game, kinda cool to see someone like him vibe with randoms while solo queuing. Baronful was mentioned a few pages back, he's super chill and non-toxic. Usually watching whoever is number 1 pred at the time gives you a good idea of ways to grind RP successfully, they tend to play a bit more boring but you can learn a lot from them in terms of end circles, positioning, and what fights to take, where to land off drop, etc. Guys like Rogue and Dropped are good for that too.

TrixR4kids fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 10, 2021

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I'd like some weapon guides if anyone has any - strengths/weaknesses, attachments etc. I know they gotta update for each season with changes and nerfs and stuff. Since I'm a new player I'm still trying stuff out and while I've found guns I like there might be something I'm missing.

I would also like to complain to management about matchmaking this weekend. I got paired with some of the biggest idiot/troll players I've ever seen, and I've played CoD for over a decade so that's saying a lot. Had a guy who kept destroying Loba's black market, someone who TTS'd and kept saying things like "I like young boys, preferably under 15" and more than a few who either jumped on the other side of the map and immediately got splattered, or ran off ahead by themselves and immediately got splattered. Maybe it's just the new season but up until now the game has been reasonably poo poo-free.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Arenas is infinitely more fun than BR for real

And going back to BR for challenges it seems like mostly only very bad players are playing that mode right now so get your hammer badge while you can :)

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

Arenas is infinitely more fun than BR for real

its a trip to ~think back~ that BR was a fad that blew up in the last decade and this is how fps games just fuckin were.

now make a 16 v 16 tdm mode, respawn, cowards

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
If there was a casual FFA arena mode/drop in drop out DM I'd probably be playing this game casually solo as well as with friends

This is Respawn making me play more Titanfall 2

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Chard posted:

And put it in Titanfall 3 and release it this Fall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardamommy Issues
Feb 16, 2005

I've waited around for more important things

Chard posted:

12 v 12, 4 squads per team to avoid a million pings. My body is ready.