Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

This movie would gross 1bn pre-covid like that godawful Alice in Wonderland movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It kinda varies, Dumbo didn't do well.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

It kinda varies, Dumbo didn't do well.

And sadly that was apparently better than billion dollar movies like the Aladdin and Lion King remakes.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah but Dumbo's a dork

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They also made the weird decision pre-pandemic to dump the "live-action" Lady & the Tramp on Disney+ instead of giving it a theatrical release.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Pope Corky the IX posted:

They also made the weird decision pre-pandemic to dump the "live-action" Lady & the Tramp on Disney+ instead of giving it a theatrical release.

Wasn't it quite bad?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I have no idea, I was just surprised because it was the only one that didn't get a theatrical release before everything went to hell.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Wasn't it quite bad?

It didn't really add anything that wasn't there in the animated version. It probably would've done fine theatrically based on the mouse machine though.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Venom is really into vore, even if he's on the receiving end.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Hell yeah. Hell yeah

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

that was planned as a Disney+ original from the outset, actually

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

marshmallow creep posted:

Venom is really into vore, even if he's on the receiving end.

Whenever his “mask” recedes his human head is usually sticking out of the gaping maw of the symbiote. He’s always on the receiving end of vore.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

FoneBone posted:

that was planned as a Disney+ original from the outset, actually

That's even weirder because they've done a theatrical release for literally every other remake of one of their classics.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
They didn't have a streaming service when any of the others were released. These things are extremely popular, why's it so hard to believe that they saw releasing one on their new streaming n platform as a draw to get people to sign it up?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I was just surprised, that's all. I didn't start blacking out the windows of my apartment by smearing my feces on the glass or anything.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Don't lie, you have a conspiracy wall about it.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

I didn't start blacking out the windows of my apartment by smearing my feces on the glass or anything.

Well, not yet at least.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Man I hope this and Annette drums up enough interest for a full US tour. The last couple ones were just L.A. residencies.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I'm so hype for that Sparks movie. I know the UK dates were moved to 2022, so who knows about North America.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The fParks Brothers.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Trailer out!
https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/1392937536549396483

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Huh. And here I was thinking this was about an imaginary band made up for the movie, Walk Hard and Spinal Tap style.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
FFS is a cool album. Also lol didn't know this had a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3WrlwNA1zw

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Will probably watch because of Wright. Logo still sucks though.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Huh. And here I was thinking this was about an imaginary band made up for the movie, Walk Hard and Spinal Tap style.
This is the band that wrote a disco song from the perspective of cum so I get where you're coming from.

EDIT: shoutout to this live performance from '74 where the crowd visibly haaaates them.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 01:32 on May 14, 2021

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Nah. They're very real and very good.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Somehow they completely escaped me growing up so knew nothing about them until the clip that came out a few months ago. Excited to be learning!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Vince MechMahon posted:

The fParks Brothers.

Yeah I genuinely thought it was a movie about a fake band called the Fparks Brothers and that sounded very funny to me.

I'm sure that actual music or whatever is good or whatever.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Apparently this music video was rumored at the time as being directed by David Lynch.

It's also a fun choice for karaoke.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!

Gripweed posted:

It seems like the entire appeal is Emma Stone in the makeup. That's what they're pushing the entire movie on.

And in fairness, that's not a terrible appeal.
Being "hot" and "evil" is easily enough characterisation for video game characters to become popular. Maybe it'll work with movie characters too.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mask off, hard pass.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

No one's going to cast Henry Golding and then put him in a mask the whole time.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vince MechMahon posted:

Mask off, hard pass.

:same:

List of actors that respect the character enough to keep the mask on at all times:
1. Karl Urban
2. Hugo Weaving
3. Ray Park

Showing your face puts you in the same tier and Tobey and Stallone.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 15, 2021

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

wizardofloneliness posted:

No one's going to cast Henry Golding and then put him in a mask the whole time.

I mean there is no reason not to, it’s not like the audience is going to forget he’s there

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its a prequel so he probably gets maimed at the end.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

muscles like this! posted:

Its a prequel so he probably gets maimed at the end.

What if he looks fine under the mask but the events of the film just wreck his self esteem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

He loses both eyes and has them replaced with the tiny beady eyes of a snake.