Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Toalpaz posted:

what a sus thing to say

I don't understand what your thought process is for the entire thread being suspicious for not voting you? What ulterior motives could it be? I guess, the only thing I can think of is that there are scum lurker(s), so going after you for lurking and not their scumbuddies could be a thing they are trying to avoid, but otherwise I am drawing a blank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Grandicap posted:

I don't understand what your thought process is for the entire thread being suspicious for not voting you? What ulterior motives could it be? I guess, the only thing I can think of is that there are scum lurker(s), so going after you for lurking and not their scumbuddies could be a thing they are trying to avoid, but otherwise I am drawing a blank.

look at this lil sussy over here

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

lol

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Solus didn't scum claim which is a point against him being town. Why are we stumpifying hum?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Toalpaz posted:

Solus didn't scum claim which is a point against him being town. Why are we stumpifying hum?

For the hum bit... why not? Seems like a fun thing to do.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

who activated the stumpification

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Voodoofly posted:

:siren: What’s that you say? It sounds like the “technicality” siren has gone off! Just as there is no rule that a dog can’t play baseball, there is no rule that someone can’t signup to a game in progress!

However, this wouldn’t be WIFOA if you didn’t have arbitrary game situations to call each scummy about! So, you few, you proud, you WIFOA players, this is in your hands. If you want some hum up in here, you need to post ##Stumpify the Hum in thread before the end of day 1.

A stumpify action is irrevocable. You can’t unstumpify. If more than 50% of the living players have posted a stumpify action at the end of day 1 (after resolving any execution), Humalong will join you for night 1 twilight debauchery and day 2 delights. He may or may not have a win condition or a power. He will NOT be able to vote or be killed. He will not be a living stump in the game after the end of day 2.

The power is yours. Choose wisely.

Oh poo poo! YEAH

##stumpify HUM

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

I think that I will base all of my opinions of this game by people's reads of keane now, because this is a pretty garbage post in a vacuum. Its a promise to vote with 2 hedge statements on day one lol.

I don't think that this is a good read of the russian roulette role situation.

Again, as we've seen. VIA bif. In the past. Historically town do try and shoot sometimes. With no supplemental read of solus this might be a good conversation piece for d1 but it isn't a good scum read of solus.

Anyways I read through the rest of Keanes posts and it really feels like scum taking an easy day latching on to Town that might have vigged town.

##vote Keane

Through the reread it looks like sandwolf was scum bussing Keane.

Keane isn't a bad vote. I could go back.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

merk posted:

Keane isn't a bad vote. I could go back.

Keanes an awful vote, he's mod confirmed town.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CCKeane posted:

Keanes an awful vote, he's mod confirmed town.

can confirm. he's a daytime friendly neighbor

.random
May 7, 2007

Does CCKeane have me on ignore or is he just intentionally not responding to my two posts? :P

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

.random posted:

Shoot. Sorry. I am sleepy and misplayed. You didn’t call it scummy. You said it sounds like he’s calling Solus town

Sorry. I am bad at phone posting. Twice in one game so far.

Ah yes, let me respond to this one.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

.random posted:

Do you still think AT-LOW thinks Solus is town?

IDK maybe.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I hope random is satisfied.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Anyway I'm not going to fight people calling me scummy because that's tedious, I'm a mystery role and I will take the secret to the grave with me if I'm executed, driving everybody to madness with curiousity.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

.random posted:

Does CCKeane have me on ignore or is he just intentionally not responding to my two posts? :P

Anyway you know this strikes me as weird because random asked me two questions yeah, but here's the first one:

.random posted:

Hm. I’m confused about CCKeane.

Hey, CCKeane, can you take a gander at AT-LOW’s recent further explanation of his post that you call scummy and gimme your thoughts?

Which is normal, except that random immediately posts:

.random posted:

Shoot. Sorry. I am sleepy and misplayed. You didn’t call it scummy. You said it sounds like he’s calling Solus town

Sorry. I am bad at phone posting. Twice in one game so far.

This is literally the next post.

So I want to know why Random wants a response to something he closed himself.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CCKeane posted:

Anyway I'm not going to fight people calling me scummy because that's tedious, I'm a mystery role and I will take the secret to the grave with me if I'm executed, driving everybody to madness with curiousity.

this seems premature

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but yeah random's demand was weird. i kinda think you should have ignored it

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and i do think it's worth asking random why he felt those 2 questions were so vital that they needed to be answered

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

and i do think it's worth asking random why he felt those 2 questions were so vital that they needed to be answered

1 question, he answered the other question himself.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CCKeane posted:

1 question, he answered the other question himself.

yeah, its also weird that he seemingly forgot that he'd resolved that issue

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
random literally wasnt on my radar at all before now, but i cant wrap my head around that.

but also random was #1 draft pick so that's risking losing a powerful role if he's town. is that bad logic? should i not be thinking about that.......?

.random
May 7, 2007

The question still stood - I just misstated your perspective. I should have rewritten it as “do you still think AT-LOW is calling Solus town in after later post” but I was posting on my phone and sleepy and lazy. Thus I re-asked it later on when I got no response. Sorry for my sleepy post and thanks for responding now :shobon:

Someone asked my feelings on you, which is why I asked this. And I think it’s weird you’re reading AT-LOW as calling Solus town originally (I still don’t get why dy. read it that way tbh) but find it even weirder that you are still unsure after the clarifying post. (I think A-LOW is pretty clear in intentionally not making a call on Solus, aside from saying the action itself was anti-town - but his recommended approach doesn’t rely on either situation.)

The follow-up question from me was going to be what you thought of AT-LOW’s suggestion of how to handle Solus, but if you still think AT-LOW is assuming Solus is town...

I don’t know how you can still hold that opinion. It doesn’t explicitly make you scummy. However, it does give you a convenient way to ignore reconsidering your vote on Solus. Which is therefore derivatively kinda scummy.

So to whoever asked my read on CCKeane, I guess I’m leaning a bit scummy now.

.random
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

random literally wasnt on my radar at all before now, but i cant wrap my head around that.

but also random was #1 draft pick so that's risking losing a powerful role if he's town. is that bad logic? should i not be thinking about that.......?

You shouldn’t, because I could be a scum power role. However I hope my post above clarified things. Let me know if it doesn’t.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it clarifies the "you forgot you resolved an issue" thing (which was my major gripe). tho that 2nd post really did seem like a cancellation of the first post, i can see how you intended for the first question to still stand.

one thing:

.random posted:

Someone asked my feelings on you, which is why I asked this.

i cant find this anywhere

.random
May 7, 2007

.random posted:

Hm. I’m confused about CCKeane.

Hey, CCKeane, can you take a gander at AT-LOW’s recent further explanation of his post that you call scummy and gimme your thoughts?

This quotes it. From merk apparently!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Solus’ posts were not good and if they don’t really post again I’m down to vote there.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Solus’ posts were not good and if they don’t really post again I’m down to vote there.

I agree with Sandwolf.

.random
May 7, 2007

Ah right, on that matter. Welcome back Solus. Would you agree to the terms of not using your power except how the town votes for you to use it?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

.random posted:

Ah right, on that matter. Welcome back Solus. Would you agree to the terms of not using your power except how the town votes for you to use it?

lol

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Yeah, not signing on for that.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also i thought u meant someone asked u more recently, and u were explaining why u posted the question at keane. theres been a lot of misreading here lol

.random
May 7, 2007

Grandicap posted:

Yeah, not signing on for that.

Hm. Ok. I think it’s a good approach. Mind giving me a bit more on why you oppose it?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Well a lot seems to have happened. Need to go back and skim to figure out what the heck happened yesterday. My brain is currently not working great.

I keep waffling back and forth on what I think of Solus. It's weird, and kind of scummy, that he shot off a vig and then stopped contributing to the game - but if I'm WIFOMing the situation, I would expect scum to feel more pressure and anxiety about being seen as contributing. I don't know that it fits the mold I would expect from a scum gambit. Gonna keep thinking about it.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

.random posted:

I don't really get this approach. He's scum, or he's not, right? What do you expect to come out of such a promise?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If we don’t lunch Solus, which I’m starting to feel is a bad idea, then he should be forced to shoot for himself, so we can actually think about the implications of picking someone instead of shifting responsibility to an RNG

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

.random posted:

Hm. Ok. I think it’s a good approach. Mind giving me a bit more on why you oppose it?

I think he's scum. If he's scum he'll find a way to use the power in the way that most benefits scum. Maybe following along with town as long as it works for him but swerving if he needs to, maybe, if he feels his usefullness is at an end swerving off to kill someone else when the person he swerved off of is also town to create a misexecution in the future.

There is no trust there, I'm not going to stop voting the person I think is scum because he might point the gun in the direction we tell him to if we ask nicely.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

If we don’t lunch Solus, which I’m starting to feel is a bad idea, then he should be forced to shoot for himself, so we can actually think about the implications of picking someone instead of shifting responsibility to an RNG

I agree with the second half of this entirely. Not the first because Solus is scum, but if he isn't the execution target he needs to make the call on his own, no RNG, no thread telling him what to do. Shoot who he thinks is scum and make him defend those choices.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

It also seems unrealistic to think that a dude who took a vig shot as his first post of the game will promise to not use his action recklessly (and then also deliver on that promise).

I'm still interested in understanding what random thinks such a promise would accomplish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.random
May 7, 2007

dy. posted:

I don't really get this approach. He's scum, or he's not, right? What do you expect to come out of such a promise?

If he does the town’s will, we effectively get two lynches one day. That doesn’t free him from scrutiny or mean he’s not scum, and he should have to post and vote just like everyone else so his motives and vote history can be evaluated.

I don’t think it should give him a free pass by any means, and his behavior is demonstrably the scummiest (I.e., anti-town), so I’d accept a vote on him. I just think it’s a creative and potentially useful alternative if we
1. Get that agreement, and
2. Find a different compelling D1 case.
Failing either 1 or 2 however, I think a Solus vote is a good option.