Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

It’s 1993 and I just got back from watching Jurassic Park at the theater. It was loving AWESOME. Can’t wait to get it on VHS a year from now :woop:

Boy, I sure hope they keep it as a stand-alone movie and don’t gently caress up its legacy with increasingly lovely sequels. I couldn’t imagine they would make just god-awful garbage sequels nearly 30 years into the future, right? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

You Are A Elf posted:

It’s 1993 and I just got back from watching Jurassic Park at the theater. It was loving AWESOME. Can’t wait to get it on VHS a year from now :woop:

Boy, I sure hope they keep it as a stand-alone movie and don’t gently caress up its legacy with increasingly lovely sequels. I couldn’t imagine they would make just god-awful garbage sequels nearly 30 years into the future, right? :ohdear:

What no way? This CGI technology is advancing by leaps and bounds and I hope they do more and more movies with it. Imagine how much better Star Wars would be with CGI?

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
Omg did you see the newest Real World San Diego?? I taped it, come over for some pre-bar zima and chambord and we’ll watch it!

[Zima with a shot of chambord in it was a real thing in early 90s Las Vegas, not sure if that was a regional quirk or if it was actually A Thing.]

Thora fucked around with this message at 00:13 on May 10, 2021

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

What no way? This CGI technology is advancing by leaps and bounds and I hope they do more and more movies with it. Imagine how much better Star Wars would be with CGI?

They would NEVER make more Star Wars, for you see it’s 1995 and I just bought the trilogy box set on VHS. It’s great rewatching the movies I’ve grown up with without all that new-fangled CGI overkill. I mean, “Lapti Nek” and “Yub Nub” are catchy in Return of the Jedi.

Lol, could you imagine if they changed them for CGI, though? :laugh:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Anime? Those cartoons they play on Adult Swim? Haven't seen any.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Spinz posted:

You poser

oh my god a girl is talking to me

*immediately sweats all the way through oversized adidas hoodie*

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Landed a sweet finance gig in nyc, working down at one world trade center. Can’t have a chain on my wallet at work though.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

man, working a stable job with benefits and good pay is an existential hell that i want no part of

now to look in the tv guide for movies on late at night with one star because those are the ones which are just excuses to get boobs on the screen

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Have you guys heard of this internet thing?
It sounds kinda weird. Probably just a passing fad. Now VIRTUAL REALITY, now there's something that's going to be BIG!!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Man this Laser Disc is the wave of the future! Far superior to VHS and BetaMax :smug:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
I can't wait until the State Fair so I can get some Dippin Dots.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Chief McHeath posted:

I can't wait until the State Fair so I can get some Dippin Dots.

https://twitter.com/seanspicer/status/11794196641?s=19

https://twitter.com/seanspicer/status/116970977878999040?s=19

https://twitter.com/seanspicer/status/132499281847402496?s=19

https://twitter.com/seanspicer/status/640955839390576640?s=19

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
It sure is great being able to attend school without the constant specter of being murdered. Also, I enjoy voicing my opinions on videogames without getting death threats!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I don't have bills or responsibilities and I hope we have a snow day tomorrow

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I can't imagine an RTS having better graphics than Starcraft

this was my actual opinion in like 2001

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

gosh i can't wait to get home and hop into my politics free world of video games

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Watching 10 out of 100 kids get eating by sharks during the school cruise

"Only 90 kids will remember this"

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

im a senior in hs im gonna smoke this j then bang my big tittied gf and then play varsity baseball literally every single day

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
No, I do not see anything problematic about all of my friends using hacked shell accounts from the local university to access the Internet. It is 1992, there are no laws

Hmm, well Mike, we already bought Akira and Project A-Ko from Musicland, got that weird bootleg VHS "Warriors of the Wind" which we will not know for years is a butchered version of Nausicaa, and saw the Liquid Television episode with that "Running Man" short. Oh and rented that one tape of Ranma 1/2 from Family Video. I think that is all the anime there is in English. Guess we are done being into it.

Man think of how different my life would have been if I had had better access to anime and worse access to the Internet

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

cult_hero posted:

It sure is great being able to attend school without the constant specter of being murdered. Also, I enjoy voicing my opinions on videogames without getting death threats!

*walks through HS parking lot, sees hunting rifles in the back of every other pickup truck, thinks nothing of it*

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
“Hi, is, um, stephanie home? I’m in her biology class, we have a project”

*shouts off the phone* “stephanie, it’s your ~boyfriend~”

“He’s not my boyfriend, jerk, he’s just some boy from school I have to do a stupid project with”

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

TombRaiderNudePatch.exe

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
King’s Quest VII dropped today, I know what I’m doing tonight!

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Ah, the end of history. I sure am glad the threat of nuclear war with Russia is a thing of the past!

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Kazzah posted:

I can't imagine an RTS having better graphics than Starcraft

this was my actual opinion in like 2001

I wish it had 800x600 mode though

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I don't know what happened but the difference between say 1993 and 1997 culture and fashion is so stark I sometimes wonder if that shouldn't be the decade break-point. Also, aside from business attire, fashion from 1999 wouldn't make anyone today bat an eye whereas I think 1992 fashion would stick out like a sore thumb.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Tarkus posted:

I don't know what happened but the difference between say 1993 and 1997 culture and fashion is so stark I sometimes wonder if that shouldn't be the decade break-point. Also, aside from business attire, fashion from 1999 wouldn't make anyone today bat an eye whereas I think 1992 fashion would stick out like a sore thumb.

Yeah early 90s is like an extension of 80s fashion for sure

Don't you know 90s is back in now? The kids are wearing mom jeans and poo poo
https://www.glamour.com/story/how-to-dress-90s

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Post Grunge fashion sensibility.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Living in a tent for real.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Let's party like it's 1990's!!!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm the Fresh Prince's ahegao pants.

You can't unsee it now.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmqswLKKYyU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Huh? Bill Clinton? Isn't he the US president, kinda?
Anyway, back to my video games.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I picked up the new Deathlands cassette all set for my road trip.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
It's 1995 and I just figured out how to hook up my stepdad's bedroom vcr to the living room vcr and make copies of tapes that I used my lunch money to rent from the 2/$1 section at Family Video, but I can't brag about it because I'm not supposed to turn the tv on. Being an extremely hungry guy who is able to effortlessly make unlimited lovely quality copies of Lawnmower Man 2: Beyond Cyberspace, so long as it is 3:30-5:15pm on a weekday, is my superpower.

Also I'm slowly playing through Earthbound at the kiosk of the same Family Video I rent those tapes from, because I don't have a console myself, and every time it gets rented I live in fear until it comes back that the other kid will have copied over my save. In a few months I will trade all of my tapes to a guy that lives in the co-ops for his Genesis.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Future posting from the 20's to say that my town's 2 family video stores just closed 2 months ago. It was pretty sad to see them go.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Dude, Austin Powers is freaking hilarious! Mike Myers is a comedy genius, and I could watch an Austin Powers movie every year!

*goes home and tugs it to Elizabeth Hurley*

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
"Gee, I wish I could afford a tube with circular cardboard discs with drawings on them :saddowns:"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

so many god damned bugs hitting my windshield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Man, it’s pretty awful that the President used his power to coerce an intern into gross sex acts, but if there’s a silver lining maybe it’s that future Presidents will be held to a higher standard.