Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
Yes, but it's a secret.
View Results

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I'd love to get in on an Alliance. I started playing because my 7 year old did and i wanted to connect with him but he's moved on.

I do wonder about the Real Time Arena's' though - Unlike Contest of Champions, I find that it's rarely matching equals.

Anyways, I have 4 Red Star Rhino, and 22 people with 3 Red Stars. My highest guy is Wolverine at level 65 with 34k points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

RTA sucks, I just pretend it doesn’t exist. I lose 2 matches a day and move on.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pillowpants posted:

I'd love to get in on an Alliance. I started playing because my 7 year old did and i wanted to connect with him but he's moved on.

I do wonder about the Real Time Arena's' though - Unlike Contest of Champions, I find that it's rarely matching equals.

Anyways, I have 4 Red Star Rhino, and 22 people with 3 Red Stars. My highest guy is Wolverine at level 65 with 34k points

Come on down to the discord and meet your new goon fam!!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Here's what you do for rta:

See what characters you need for the day. Put them in. Then auto fight. Don't care about winning, just get your moves in.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Codependent Poster posted:

See what characters you need for the day. Put them in. Then auto fight. Don't care about winning, just get your moves in.

That’s what I do. Pick a team for ability uses or KOs, then just reset them every few minutes while I’m cleaning or playing a game on a console. I breeze through my weeklies by Sunday night and never have to stress bullshit matchups.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I will say it pisses me off when I use X-Force and the other person decides to go tryhard and kill my Domino first, especially if they have a team way overpowered to mine. Like you moron, just constantly kill Deadpool and let him rez and you'll be able to get in a shitload of ability usage.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

I will say it pisses me off when I use X-Force and the other person decides to go tryhard and kill my Domino first, especially if they have a team way overpowered to mine. Like you moron, just constantly kill Deadpool and let him rez and you'll be able to get in a shitload of ability usage.

That happens to me whenever I use Red Skull and Hydra minions. Like, you are going to win this battle, just target the mions and get your free ability. Whenever I fight someone with Hela i only attack the minion for a full five minutes

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Its extremely annoying when you come across someone who's actually taking it seriously and takes forever to chose their movies. This isn't chess fucko, just auto battle and lets go.

So how do you counter Pheonix and Ultron? Basically if an opposing team has either of them at a decent level its doom for me even if everyone else is garbage.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Blackbolt for Ultron, Ebony Maw for Phoenix. If you dont have them, use ability blocks and or stuns on them.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Phoenix is kinda nice in RTA if you have a Phoenix, since usually both teams will wipe and everybody gets five KOs.

Astonishing X-Men can eat a bag of dicks, however. They heal and buff like crazy and have insane assists for each other, but only really do middling damage, so they will kill you but it takes forever, and you’ll rarely get ability uses or KOs against them. It’s less frustrating to just close the app and restart it than to sit there for three minutes watching them slowly nickel and dime your team apart.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

swickles posted:

Blackbolt for Ultron, Ebony Maw for Phoenix. If you dont have them, use ability blocks and or stuns on them.

Yea don't have either, well, i don't have Bolt and Maw isn't anywhere close to ready for pvp stuff. It is nice that they're giving out leveling mats with the dailies though. I guessed they realized not letting players level their characters was actually bad.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Whenever I run into an Astonishing team I swear Bishop and Iceman get like 10 turns before I get one.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Sanschel posted:

Phoenix is kinda nice in RTA if you have a Phoenix, since usually both teams will wipe and everybody gets five KOs.

Astonishing X-Men can eat a bag of dicks, however. They heal and buff like crazy and have insane assists for each other, but only really do middling damage, so they will kill you but it takes forever, and you’ll rarely get ability uses or KOs against them. It’s less frustrating to just close the app and restart it than to sit there for three minutes watching them slowly nickel and dime your team apart.

You don't need to close the app, you can just quit right out of the battle and start a new one without having to load the app again.

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016

Away all Goats posted:

You don't need to close the app, you can just quit right out of the battle and start a new one without having to load the app again.

Can't do that anymore, they "fixed" it to prevent that so it'll kick back a matchmaking error until the old fight ends. Unless they fixed that very very recently.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oops yea thought it was the Future Fight thread.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 12, 2021

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Wrong dumb Marvel game I think.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Someone change the thread names.

Take 2: right thread this time....
Looking to get back into a goon MSF guild. I have my main lvl 80 account and a startup alt that I don't do much with but it's fun to gently caress around

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Who is Kestrel?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

twistedmentat posted:

Who is Kestrel?

First original character for Strike Force. All the Marvel mobile games make a few sooner or later, see Civil Warrior in Contest of Champions for example.

In a lore context, she’s a supergenius inventor who cofounded STRIKE with Fury and got lost jumping through dimensions Quantum Leap style. Basically just another smart person in an armor suit, not terribly interesting.

In a gameplay context, she’s a mishmash of some of the most frustrating aspects of other meta characters who literally prevents you from using your characters in the way they were designed. Oh you spent months (or years) grinding through every Dark Dimension to finally unlock Doom, the pinnacle character in the game? Well I paid $20 for this chick that tells him to go gently caress himself and shove his Doombots up his rear end.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

To be fair, I'm very satisfied in using her in pvp and running against those stupid teams which have Phoenix at some giant power level and 4 scrubs, and destroying them because Dark Phoenix can't get summoned.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sanschel posted:

First original character for Strike Force. All the Marvel mobile games make a few sooner or later, see Civil Warrior in Contest of Champions for example.

In a lore context, she’s a supergenius inventor who cofounded STRIKE with Fury and got lost jumping through dimensions Quantum Leap style. Basically just another smart person in an armor suit, not terribly interesting.

In a gameplay context, she’s a mishmash of some of the most frustrating aspects of other meta characters who literally prevents you from using your characters in the way they were designed. Oh you spent months (or years) grinding through every Dark Dimension to finally unlock Doom, the pinnacle character in the game? Well I paid $20 for this chick that tells him to go gently caress himself and shove his Doombots up his rear end.

That explains why when I googled her I only got the game.

Like Luna Snow or Sharon Rogers.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Why doesn’t the game evenly match people for RT arena? CoC Had no problem with this during incursions....

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

To be fair, I'm very satisfied in using her in pvp and running against those stupid teams which have Phoenix at some giant power level and 4 scrubs, and destroying them because Dark Phoenix can't get summoned.

Why would you do this and not just run that same team? As a phoenix-5 person myself, that's all I want. If I fight a phoenix plus 4 scrubs we both get 5 KO's and the fight is over in 30 seconds.

Also since we're here

twistedmentat posted:

That explains why when I googled her I only got the game.

Like Luna Snow or Sharon Rogers.

We're gonna be trying for 100% in some ultimus raids soon! I did some raid lane assignments here but I think you haven't noticed the chat or discord.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 1, 2021

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

NmareBfly posted:

Why would you do this and not just run that same team? As a phoenix-5 person myself, that's all I want. If I fight a phoenix plus 4 scrubs we both get 5 KO's and the fight is over in 30 seconds.

Because I'm trying to get in abilities and not knockouts. So a 30 second match where I get off 5 abilities before my team is wiped sucks.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Because I'm trying to get in abilities and not knockouts. So a 30 second match where I get off 5 abilities before my team is wiped sucks.

Well that makes sense! I do p5 with Jean and 4 scrubs of whatever type I need for the dailies and almost always get the daily ability usages done before the 50 knockouts even when I get 5 KO's per match. Then on the last day of the week I go for actual ability usages to shore up the gaps leftover. P5 is the easiest and fastest way to clear out all the dailies IMO.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

NmareBfly posted:

We're gonna be trying for 100% in some ultimus raids soon! I did some raid lane assignments here but I think you haven't noticed the chat or discord.

Thats great, sort of my chosen route anyways.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

NmareBfly posted:

Well that makes sense! I do p5 with Jean and 4 scrubs of whatever type I need for the dailies and almost always get the daily ability usages done before the 50 knockouts even when I get 5 KO's per match. Then on the last day of the week I go for actual ability usages to shore up the gaps leftover. P5 is the easiest and fastest way to clear out all the dailies IMO.

Yeah I don't go for the knockout goal. I just do the daily and try to get it done as quick as possible. It's much nicer for me to run into a team that's made up of characters of all similar levels to mine than a team with a Phoenix or BB and 4 scrubs. Like today I had villains so I ran a Brotherhood team, ended up against another Brotherhood team, and got over half my villain abilities in one match because we were just going back and forth with evenly matched teams. Whereas if I had kept running into Phoenix teams, I probably would've had to go in and get 10 matches before I met the goal.

It also seems like if I do go the Phoenix and scrubs route, my guys never get their abilities off anyway, so that's more time wasted.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

NmareBfly posted:

I've been trying to find that, thanks.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I’ve needed five KOs to finish my daily RTA, I’ve been running them on auto for two hours and not gotten a single one. This mode blows.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Sanschel posted:

I’ve needed five KOs to finish my daily RTA, I’ve been running them on auto for two hours and not gotten a single one. This mode blows.

It does indeed. Mix your team up... a low power team with really good synergy is what I use for KO's. Like a 120 to 150K synergy team works well for me. My default is Brotherhood 2.0 though, I have good luck getting KO's with them, mine are around 265K

skipdogg fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 10, 2021

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Another way is Phoenix with 4 total scrubs, and its likely you fight somone with the same team.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Sadly Phoenix is banned this week. I would switch it up every few matches and I just kept getting 150k punch ups against Kestrels and Zemos that would demolish me in seconds. I finally got the KOs with a Symbiote/Zemo team after four attempts with them, but Kestrel has poisoned an already lovely mode because she punches so far above her weight class and is tailor made to screw anything remotely meta.

Hobo
Dec 12, 2007

Forum bum
I find inhumans works really well, but that might just be the level I have them at. In general I have better luck with teams below 250k or so.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I'm personally happy with the changes to RTA right now. I hated it when it first came out, but now I find the objectives tolerable. It's not too hard to hit the 30 or 40 skill usages, and the weekly goals are achievable. I find the matching to be a little bit better overall, but there are still some WTF moments.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Hello,

I started playing this, what looks to be another cursed stamina-limited gacha game, because a bunch of my co-residents at work are playing it together. I dropped the $20 on the Sinister Six value pack with like 14k stamina over two weeks and after ~ 1 week of playing I'm 41 with most of my Sin6 dudes at like 7.2k-7.9k power. I've managed to clear two Shuri nodes. My random stuff that I've unlocked from free orbs so far includes Red Skull, Sersi, Deadpool and Ronan The Accuser. I failed to get Scarlet Spider (was one node short) and definitely will not get Punk Spider so web warriors is out for now. Likewise I was only able to get Surfer to 30/45 and Falcon roughly the same. I am close to unlocking Groot and Iron Fist from nodes. I've unlocked Silver Samuri from the monthly/random orbs already.

My friends playing the game are raiding Ultron VI/Gamma daily and I just pop in and do 10 damage on each, so I'm amassing silly undeserved rewards daily but I just want to figure out a low-whaling approach to catching up ASAP. I can spend a little here and there but will not be dropping more than $10-20/month. My thought is:

Continue with Sin6 team to get Invisible Woman/Shuri and unlock most of the villains/nexus campaigns.
Work on X-Force to unlock Doctor Octopus eventually, then keep using XForce/Sin6+DocOc as much as possible. I'm 1/2 to cable/domino right now from orbs - no luck on Negasonic/X-23.
Maybe farm Hydra minions for Red Skull? I pulled him at 100 shards from a mega orb and apparently he's good for base defense later? Zemo is at 30/100
Considering using all my blitz points for orbs to try and work towards H4H as well maybe?
Is there a use for Sersi without Ikarus? Also is it worth worrying about Shuri? Her first two nodes got me Red Skull so I would like to clear at least enough to get more Mega Orbs.

Thanks in advance, goons.

TheQuietWilds fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jan 26, 2022

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Shuri is still worth your time yes, and definitely keep opening those blitz orbs, and the same goes for raid orbs, arena orbs not so much.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I have like a quarter of a million blitz bux that i can never get rid of.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Every so often I just mash the poo poo out of the blitz orb button to see if I can't get a few Shang-Chi shards.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

You pretty much want to focus on newer characters right now. I think pretty much everyone from Kestrel/Silver Surfer on are better than most characters you get early. Like Doc Ock is pretty good, but it's kind of a waste of time to level X-Force since they're not that great now. Shuri is helpful, but again, hard to say if it's worth investing everything it takes to get her. Don't invest too much into Red Skull since his team is mid-tier defense nowadays.

Sersi is pretty good without Ikaris and worth getting. If you have Surfer, pump him up as much as you can. H4H is really only good for War, except Shang who you can level up to use in other modes.

I think you should be able to farm most of the symbiote characters, and they're worth getting for raids until you can fill out Web Warriors. So if you want a raid team, the symbiotes are great at that and good in other modes.

Probably the best thing you can do is see if you can get the existing YA characters, since I think they're all pretty farmable now. Squirrel Girl, America, and Ms. Marvel. They'll be getting reworks soon, and Echo and probably Kate are gonna be released soon, and it's a good possibility they'll be the meta team for a while (until the 4 Horsemen and Apocalypse are released).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I don't play this, but I've been playing Contest of Champions for a few years and have gotten okay at it. Weirdly, there are threads in this forum about all the Marvel games except for CoC. Does anyone else play, or is there any interest in a thread, or is there a thread I haven't seen?

I ask, because, well:

Hazo posted:

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I was at community college and subject of creationism came up and one of the students said the proof for creationism is that women have an extra rib. They were dead serious.
Holy poo poo what a wild loving coincidence.

I play a goofy free phone fighting game (Marvel Contest of Champions) and have been an officer with my current alliance for a couple years. The guy who founded it and recruited me after seeing me trolling chuds on the global chat passed away from cancer, and his wife/girlfriend(?) took over for a while but stepped down. She's an extremely stupid and gullible hillbilly from Canada (she's mentioned being an anti-vaxxer and posted dumb false antixvax memes and gifs of ferrofluid going "omg this is in the vaccine!!") but whatever, it's a punchy comic book game.

Today she went on the alliance chat to complain about how the new characters coming to the game soon are homosexual and they shouldn't be shoving it in our face. Both me and the current alliance leader told her to knock it off. She launched into a tirade about how the bible says it's a sin and an abonination, the bible is absolute truth, it goes all the way back to sodom and gomorrah (which btw are REALLY REAL places and they're ABOUT TO BE DESTROYED AGAIN), she's not homophobic because she's not afraid of them she just doesn't like them... just all the dumbest loving tropes from homophobic bigots.

I made the mistake of touching poo, thinking I could shut her down quickly by bringing up how Jesus didn't say poo poo about it and how Leviticus and Genesis have their own insane internal contradictions like women being made from a rib. Another dude (who I've never really heard express anything egregiously dumb) flies in at this point to say "oh yeah, then how come men have one fewer rib??" :psyduck:

I explained this is completely false, and he pivoted to another dumbfuck standby "if people came from monkeys why are there still monkeys." I pretty much did my best to bail out at this point because it's clear these are just colossally stupid people who've never had these conversations with a normal person. The girl said I was going to hell and the kid called me "devilish" but I pretty much said lol none of this applies to the fighting game so drop it.

So it was crazy to see someone actually bust out the rib myth in the wild.

morningdrew posted:

The lesson here is always play with goons. My Marvel Strike Force alliance has none of this nonsense

So I'm open to a change.