Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

I'm so glad your wait for vax is shorter that you had feared iirc :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I think that is more of a work-related grievance rather than a taking time off for the vaccine grievance, let's not get the pitchforks out okay

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
Can any fellow Britischer swine tell me why I got offered a vaccine appointment this week in London? I am not 40+, and I have no risk factors I am aware of... got me worried my GP knows something I don't

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

A quote from one of the commenters over at AskAManager

Those of us who have been working on site consistently throughout the pandemic have had to deal with not only the fears of people returning now, but also the uncertainty and confusion and fear of dealing with all that when we knew almost nothing about the virus except that it was deadly. When we didn’t know how deadly, how contagious, or how to effectively prevent it. We have been handed the burden of supporting our entire communities through an unprecedented disaster, but not given any help handling that burden. And we have been doing so for over a year, much of that time when there was no end in sight.

Many of us have not only been dealing with this fear and stress, but have also been working grueling hours and/or doing emotionally exhausting work at the same time. A lot of us have had to become overnight experts in epidemiology because we were suddenly responsible for developing safety procedures for an unknown virus. Many of us have then had to do contact tracing for our own dying co-workers when the procedures we developed failed to protect them. Many of us have been subject to aggression, insults, rage, and contempt from people in our own communities when we failed to live up to their (impossible) expectations.

I’m not even afraid anymore. I ran out of fear six months ago. Now I’m just exhausted and angry and betrayed.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

Can any fellow Britischer swine tell me why I got offered a vaccine appointment this week in London? I am not 40+, and I have no risk factors I am aware of... got me worried my GP knows something I don't

Ramping up baby. Getting everyone ready to kiss a ropey single Mam in a Nando’s! We can do this.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

The gubmint throwing out jabs like Wesley Snipes does at the end of the Blade 1. Whole lotta friends in their 30s are getting the call without any preconditions. Just in time to lick lampposts in Manchester by June :getin:

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Picnic Princess posted:

They make 90 grand a year spending half their shift on smoke breaks or watching YouTube and leaves my husband alone at the counter all day and email him for help multiple times a day when he's on vacation with me but okay

If them "milking" the time they're entitled to as part of their compensation turns them from vaccine reluctant to vaccinated people who can help stop this nightmare who loving cares

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
For me the logistics it sucked I got the jab on the Friday because they suddenly opened it up to people who work with people with learning disabilities, had no choice on the time, and had to travel for 2 hours to a Arena in a different city to get it because that was the single option for key workers.

Then feeling like total rear end with a blinding headache I had to spend Monday to Friday taking special needs 18-19 year olds to get their jabs to a centre 20 minutes from my house

Week on Friday I have to do this all again for our second jabs.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

Maybe the records have you as under two centimetres tall and several thousand BMI.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
There are Wild Theories that the NHS system is now taking into account second shot availability and the likelihood of AZ being turned down by women but not men.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

learnincurve posted:

There are Wild Theories that the NHS system is now taking into account second shot availability and the likelihood of AZ being turned down by women but not men.

but the initial text i got said Pfizer on it

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

LanceHunter posted:

My Pfizer was fully vested as of April 30th, so I flew out to DFW to see my family for the first time since Christmas of 2019. Stayed for one weekend, ate indoors twice. Nobody masked at either of the restaurants, but everyone fully masked all the time during airport+flight. Got back on Sunday, have remained quarantined in my apartment, and have a COVID test scheduled for Thursday.

I feel fine, but I just want to be absolutely certain that I'm not carrying anything.

I already got tickets on the Acela and a hotel reservation for a July trip up to Manhattan. Now, if I test positive then I might have second thoughts, but I feel confident enough to throw down the $300.

Oh yeah, took the COVID test and got the results this weekend: All negative. Given how terrible a lot of people's sanitation protocols were in Dallas, I'm feeling pretty good that the vaccination is doing its part. So the NYC trip is definitely happening. I even went ahead and signed up at a local gym as well, to try and work on this terrible plague body I've developed over the last year.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

And I'm on funerary detail hiatus until August.

LanceHunter posted:

Oh yeah, took the COVID test and got the results this weekend: All negative. Given how terrible a lot of people's sanitation protocols were in Dallas, I'm feeling pretty good that the vaccination is doing its part.

Very awesome you had all negatives dude.

soupdragon
Dec 29, 2019
I'm in Scotland, will be fifty this year, with no major medical issues and only got my first jab today. I live in a rural area and got it at my GPs. They phoned me about a week ago and arranged the appointment. I turned up about five minutes early and waited roughly the same time to get seen. As far as I know I was the only person there getting the jab at that time (nobody else came in or out the heavily socially distanced waiting room).

Nurse asked me a couple of questions, gave me a pamphlet and told me I was getting AstraZeneca vaccine. I didn't feel any pain, just pressure on my arm. I asked if I was getting a plaster and she said 'no'. There was a blob of blood on my skin at entry point and she looked a little surprised (I didn't want a blood stain on my shirt). She wiped it off with a swab though and it didn't bleed any more.

I also took the day off work in case of side effects, so far I've been lucky. Just stiff arm and a feeling a little chilly/light headed. I await the possible fever dreams later.

Orignally, I wasn't sure if I would be grouped in with 50+ because I presumed they'd have some sort of cut off date. My mother inquired about it on my behalf (same practice) when she got her second jab at the beginning of April. They said they didn't know that far in advance and just got lists of names from the government about who was to be innoculated next.

We were all supposed to be getting special letters from NHS beforehand letting us know what was happening, but they've never showed up.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Currently out on the streets helpfully informing the local homeless about a pop up, walk up vaccine site in the area and getting them gallons of drinking water if they want. Guess what the overall reaction to the concept of vaccines is
hint FL

also I feel like poo poo that this is the best I can do right now short of screaming at the boardwalk or sidewalk to get vax which isn't even off the table .
M mom is a nurse and has been at the front lines if this thing the whole time. These factors are some of what contribute to 'doomposting'

Sjs00 fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 10, 2021

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

And I'm on funerary detail hiatus until August.

i'm honestly very relieved for you

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
the responses ranged from 'Oh thanks for the heads up yes ill take some water ' to 'hell no vaccines and hell no to your water I have a house'

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

boar guy posted:

Please leave me alone.

Sjs00 posted:

the responses ranged from 'Oh thanks for the heads up yes ill take some water ' to 'hell no vaccines and hell no to your water I have a house'

All you can do is try and I'm glad you did.

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

boar guy posted:

Well that's great to know, I'm sure everyone is as interested as I am about your feelings on this.

Lovely to see you continue to be a complete rear end in a top hat to the same person in thread V2, after making GBS threads V1 into the ground.

What the gently caress is wrong with you, and the moderation in this forum.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

you people are nuts. i meant what i said 100% honestly

you can't even recognize actual empathy

JeffLeonard
Apr 18, 2003

TV Violence

Blitter posted:

Well that's great to know, I'm sure everyone is as interested as I am about your feelings on this.

Lovely to see you continue to be a complete rear end in a top hat to the same person in thread V2, after making GBS threads V1 into the ground.

Are you insane?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Yea
I think that could have been meant well. I was glad to see it too. CMON people.

This morning I went to the cspam covid thread and in 5 minutes I was starting to get chest tightness from anxiety. I had to leave. Living in Georgia and seeing grieving families- the frustration at the cognitive dissonance (if that's the right term) I can't imagine how hard that is and I know I couldn't handle it. I'm glad that burden is being shared so Fluffy Bunny gets a break and I look forward to seeing everyones posts in here.

legooolas
Jul 30, 2004

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

Entirely random as far as I can tell.

I know people younger than me, under 40 when I'm over 40, at the same GP surgery as me, with no risk factors etc who had their first jab weeks ago after getting texted by the GP surgery and I've not had mine yet (but soon!).

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I went back to the office today :thumbsup:

At least everyone is vaccinated

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Spinz posted:

Yea
I think that could have been meant well. I was glad to see it too. CMON people.

This morning I went to the cspam covid thread and in 5 minutes I was starting to get chest tightness from anxiety. I had to leave. Living in Georgia and seeing grieving families- the frustration at the cognitive dissonance (if that's the right term) I can't imagine how hard that is and I know I couldn't handle it. I'm glad that burden is being shared so Fluffy Bunny gets a break and I look forward to seeing everyones posts in here.

he's been aggressive, hateful, name-calling, and all kinds of poo poo. I've asked him not to interact with me repeatedly and yet he still is especially with lovely sneery stuff like that. and I literally can't block him because he's an IK and you can't block those people.

I'm not glad I'm on break. It means more people have to take up my slack, but we're required to stop every 400-500 and take a break and I am about to have a real busy time here for a little bit.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

questioning your logic isn't allowed, being supportive of you isn't allowed

what's allowed besides commiseration? we're all experiencing covid, fluffy bunnies, not just you

welcome or not, i'm glad you get a break from one of the multiple stressors you constantly experience. i don't know how to state it more plainly

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

boar guy posted:

questioning your logic isn't allowed, being supportive of you isn't allowed

what's allowed besides commiseration? we're all experiencing covid, fluffy bunnies, not just you

welcome or not, i'm glad you get a break from one of the multiple stressors you constantly experience. i don't know how to state it more plainly

Please Leave Me Alone

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

boar guy, please respect Fluffy Bunnies wishes and leave her alone now.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

he's been aggressive, hateful, name-calling, and all kinds of poo poo. I've asked him not to interact with me repeatedly and yet he still is especially with lovely sneery stuff like that. and I literally can't block him because he's an IK and you can't block those people.

You constantly pick fights with everyone and try to make the global pandemic thread solely about your personal trauma. Sorry you’re having a rough time but give it a rest ffs

JeffLeonard
Apr 18, 2003

TV Violence

Space Camp fuckup posted:

You constantly pick fights with everyone and try to make the global pandemic thread solely about your personal trauma. Sorry you’re having a rough time but give it a rest ffs

This right here. This is a discussion forum.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Blitter posted:

gently caress off

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Let's just stop posting at each other so they don't close this thread!
I'm going to go walk and I won't be so scared and I'll be grateful every moment.

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
Gas the COVID thread that is mostly charlatan goons arguing over who understands math the least. The extremely not-PhD-having scientists of the thread are, dare I say, gay. I am also gay.

🐰🤮🐑

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
lol

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Will there be an ongoing thread for those who reuse to stop quarantining, ever?

If not, where will I fit in?

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I enjoy trolling people as much as the next person but at some point you gotta lay off when they are legit asking you to stop harassing them

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

The NHS are giving priority to people in the community they have identified with tiny dicks

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

nexous posted:

I enjoy trolling people as much as the next person but at some point you gotta lay off when they are legit asking you to stop harassing them

Absolutely no one was getting harassed.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

it's more like the house is ashes and we just learned that we can spray water on it so we're gonna spray water on the ashes and pat the homeowners on the back and tell them it's all great now, go on ahead and go home.

congrats on working from home, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Spinz posted:

Let's just stop posting at each other so they don't close this thread!
I'm going to go walk and I won't be so scared and I'll be grateful every moment.

I did this today! It was really nice and I saw lovely flowers at the park.

Also yes please can we not get the thread closed, I like this thread :shobon: