Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Hellblazer187 posted:

I know I watched most of the TNG movies when they came out but I don't remember them. Fun fact: Nemesis was the first date for me and my first ex wife. Cursed from the beginning? You decide!

lol holy poo poo john logan basically wrote this dude's divorce papers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
my first date w/ my ex-girlfriend included watching TOS A Piece of the Action, which got her into Star Trek

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

that was the last date, too

she wasn't your girlfriend, she was a lady down at the bar tryna get some dick and you gave her star trek

you gotta stop doing this, people are starting to talk

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I once successfully netflixed and chilled to Star Trek. Lost track of the episode, but I’m pretty sure I boned to Starship Mine

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
look. anyone who's not willing to accept the trinity into their heart... what kind of partner would they be? if she's not going to be into A Piece of the Action, well, then i guess they're not getting a piece of this action! :wiggle:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Jesus I'd forgotten all about Cogenitor;

Trip, why are you upset at these nice new people we've met having a sex slave? It's not our place to judge their morals, even when we've confirmed "It" is just as capable and intelligent as the rest of their people. Why are you empowering someone treated as property to think and act for themselves? Just because WE eliminated bigotry and slavery on our planet doesn't give us the right to be rude to these people with advanced technology who're willing to share it! Now just overlook this inconvenient part of their culture like the rest of us and reap the benefits!

Oh look Trip; It killed itself because their systemic culture denied their ability to express their rights as anything other than a sex slave and they couldn't deal with being aware of their total oppression. It's your fault for empowering them with the means to try to aspire to be more than the ship's sex slave. Now let that be a lesson to you! :manning:.

Also holy poo poo, it had Andreas Katsulas! :stwoon:.

At least he was kept well away from the rest of the episode's plot.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 05:17 on May 11, 2021

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

just sitting down for our date, ready to click play on every barclay episode so i look well adjusted by comparison

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

blatman posted:

just sitting down for our date, ready to click play on every barclay episode so i look well adjusted by comparison

Still single then I suppose.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
I got a handy once watching DS9 with a lady friend. Don't remember the episode though.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Number_6 posted:

I got a handy once watching DS9 with a lady friend. Don't remember the episode though.

Was it this one?

Also the pyf meme thread has a good chunk of ds9 memes starting here.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3813092&pagenumber=2607&perpage=40#post514484869

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Jesus I'd forgotten all about Cogenitor;

Trip, why are you upset at these nice new people we've met having a sex slave? It's not our place to judge their morals, even when we've confirmed "It" is just as capable and intelligent as the rest of their people. Why are you empowering someone treated as property to think and act for themselves? Just because WE eliminated bigotry and slavery on our planet doesn't give us the right to be rude to these people with advanced technology who're willing to share it! Now just overlook this inconvenient part of their culture like the rest of us and reap the benefits!

Oh look Trip; It killed itself because their systemic culture denied their ability to express their rights as anything other than a sex slave and they couldn't deal with being aware of their total oppression. It's your fault for empowering them with the means to try to aspire to be more than the ship's sex slave. Now let that be a lesson to you! :manning:.

Also holy poo poo, it had Andreas Katsulas! :stwoon:.

At least he was kept well away from the rest of the episode's plot.

And someone chose that ending for the episode. They could just as easily have gone: "Slavery, huh? Hadn't thought of it like that. I guess we still have a lot to learn. Anyway, bon voyage Enterprise!"

Their captain even read all of Shakespeare and thought it was cool. Was there really no MLK or Frederick Douglass in Enterprise's computer?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

lol last night I glimpsed the one where Chakotay gets tricked into doing Vietnam against a bunch of Predators.

How many shuttlecraft did Voyager start with? They seem to lose a lot of them.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Voyager is all shuttles stacked like decks

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Hellblazer187 posted:

lol last night I glimpsed the one where Chakotay gets tricked into doing Vietnam against a bunch of Predators.

How many shuttlecraft did Voyager start with? They seem to lose a lot of them.

They lose like 15 over the run of the show, and they supposedly started with 8. Just like the limited number of photon torpedoes they just kind of stopped caring at some point, if they did at all.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Fishstick posted:

They lose like 15 over the run of the show, and they supposedly started with 8. Just like the limited number of photon torpedoes they just kind of stopped caring at some point, if they did at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIGxMENwq1k

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You know what I'll say it is easier to manufacture more shuttle craft than photon torpedoes using the replicators, with components and resources they get along the way. The hardest part would be their engines fuel, but they have to collect more engine fuel all the time anyway.

Tony Stark built the arc reactor in a week FROM SCRAP AND HE WAS IN A CAVE!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
shuttlecraft have warp drives, which they can not manufacture with replicators. otherwise yeah, there's no reason why they couldn't pump out sublight shuttles left and right.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Hellblazer187 posted:

I know I watched most of the TNG movies when they came out but I don't remember them. Fun fact: Nemesis was the first date for me and my first ex wife. Cursed from the beginning? You decide!

Oh wow. Similar story. Me and my partner saw JJTrek '09 for our first date.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Did you :sever: too

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i saw STAR trek with my DAD and WE'RE still MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I like to imagine an unaired episode:

Voyager discovers an easily exploitable temporal anomaly that lets them duplicate finite resources but destroys organic material, so they use it to restock a bunch of crap. Janeway struggles with the ethics of it, realizing that the anomaly can seriously mess with the capitalistic economic theory of the region, and is forced to collapse the anomaly after a show of force from a local warlords.

Meanwhile, The Doctor attempts to teach Seven of Nine about the history of opera, but the holodeck suffers a catastrophic failure due to the anomaly. They must escape while wearing extremely fancy clothes, and must perform a duet to distract the now lethal Soprano, played by 90s star Jennifer Aniston.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Congratulations, you just wrote what would be one of the better Voyager episodes.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
gently caress. Get this man a time machine and let the Emmy's roll in.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I imagine a scene where they get to clone stamp 30 delta flyers just flying headlong into a capital ship because why not.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

External Organs posted:

I like to imagine an unaired episode:

Voyager discovers an easily exploitable temporal anomaly that lets them duplicate finite resources but destroys organic material, so they use it to restock a bunch of crap. Janeway struggles with the ethics of it, realizing that the anomaly can seriously mess with the capitalistic economic theory of the region, and is forced to collapse the anomaly after a show of force from a local warlords.

Meanwhile, The Doctor attempts to teach Seven of Nine about the history of opera, but the holodeck suffers a catastrophic failure due to the anomaly. They must escape while wearing extremely fancy clothes, and must perform a duet to distract the now lethal Soprano, played by 90s star Jennifer Aniston.

needs something for the ladies. add a few scenes where b'elanna is being a bitch and paris has his shirt off and is all oiled up.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

External Organs posted:

I imagine a scene where they get to clone stamp 30 delta flyers just flying headlong into a capital ship because why not.

I can see it, considering that's pretty much what they did in Picard.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Mulaney Power Move posted:

needs something for the ladies. add a few scenes where b'elanna is being a bitch and paris has his shirt off and is all oiled up.

The doctor being in a tuxedo isn't enough for you!?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Oil Robert Picardo up and then we’ll talk

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

HD DAD posted:

Oil Robert Picardo up and then we’ll talk

:hmmyes: it could be a Klingon opera! Jennifer Aniston still guest stars as K'liyyth, She Who's Voice Won a Thousand Battles

Edit: someone please post a klingon female sporting "the Rachel"

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i want an episode where neelix gets his head stuck in one of those claw machines and no one seems to notice as they grab at his face and he becomes increasingly distressed but in a funny comedy way

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

shuttlecraft have warp drives, which they can not manufacture with replicators. otherwise yeah, there's no reason why they couldn't pump out sublight shuttles left and right.

They built the Delta Flyer, a warp-capable extended-range craft from raw materials.

Twice.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I just realized a shuttlecraft is a pressurized cabin bolted to two photon torpedoes

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They built the Delta Flyer, a warp-capable extended-range craft from raw materials.

Twice.

Funny how they never just use Neelix's ship, unless that got destroyed or something and I don't remember.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it probably got destroyed more than once

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Can't get the smell out of there.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Eighties ZomCom posted:

Funny how they never just use Neelix's ship, unless that got destroyed or something and I don't remember.

Neelix uses it one time to go do a thing, I can't remember what.

Also, replicators aren't the only way to make things. They can just make warp coils.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

they used it sometimes to slip by hostile aliens that don't care about an unknown garbage truck flying into their space

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I seem to recall that the whole point of the Delta Flyer was to make a bigger, roomier warp capable shuttle. But Neelix's ship was bigger than a regular shuttle but small enough to fit in the shuttlebay. And they were supposed to have limited resources, so why spend them on making a new craft when you had something perfectly capable of doing that already, even if it smelled weird or whatever.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you could smell it through a vacuum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Neelix's shuttle was sticky. Like, all over. When it launched there was an audible tape-ripping sound because even the landing gear was sticky.

And don't even think about what it looks like under UV light...