Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I'm trying this deck out and I just used Neeru to beat a Priest so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

The reason you want Neru is because you need a win condition and there is always a risk of burning one or more of them.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Trip report: Deck is pretty fun (I'm a zoo guy at heart). Mage matchup is very not good.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

just a very normal average tess game :shepface:

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
God battlegrounds is just awful to play right now.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

B-Mac posted:

God battlegrounds is just awful to play right now.

not if you can grab Tess, Rafam or Bigglesworth

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
How is Vol'Jin? I haven't managed to roll him yet but that seems like a really cool design. Hard to tell how strong it is though

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
A lot of people thought he'd be the strongest of the new heroes, but I haven't seen many streamers do much with him. He might even be the worst of the three. There's a few cool tricks like doubling the value of Blood Gems, but for the most part, his hero power usually amounts to "give a minion a few extra stats".

It might be that the current speed of the game doesn't work in his favor. He can do pretty broken things late game, but will you make it that far?

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
He can do broken things with tokens and Murlocs early game as well and accelerate way hard into mid game. Turning two cats or Murlocs into a pair of 2/4s while still staying on curve seems really valuable given that it should get you a fast shot at the 3/4 tier snowball units without taking any damage or sacrificing board. If QB weren't already so ridiculously overtuned wrt their mid-game acceleration I think he'd show better.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The thing to remember about Delete Warlock, is that if you don’t have Neeru or Jaraxxus in your hand and you use a card that burns your deck, you are basically guaranteed to burn one of them no matter how many cards are left in your deck....

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

The thing to remember about Delete Warlock, is that if you don’t have Neeru or Jaraxxus in your hand and you use a card that burns your deck, you are basically guaranteed to burn one of them no matter how many cards are left in your deck....
I'm still learning how to play this deck (it's enjoyably challenging to learn imo) but you certainly don't need to have all your endgame cards to win. Depending on the match-up as long as you manage to keep at least one of Neeru, Jaraxxus or Rustwix there's still a path to victory.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Oh you absolutely don’t! I’m just laughing at how consistently I burn those guys even if my deck is full.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I really feel like you should get an extra daily quest per day once you hit that last screen of advancement before the bonus; I want to play every minute just to get there but I also don't want to burn myself out on the meta.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

goferchan posted:

How is Vol'Jin? I haven't managed to roll him yet but that seems like a really cool design. Hard to tell how strong it is though

I haven't gotten to play him yet but here are the cool tricks I have seen people do.

Grabbing tokens early on and giving them the gambler's stats and selling the gambler to get full money back.

Giving divine shield minions huge stats. Though this is basically a worse George.

If you are about to sell a minion for a new one you can swap the stats to keep the buffs.

The craziest use case is to give a minion all of the blood gem buffs. Then use the boar that lets you steal blood gems to double dip and basically double the stats. If you do this a few times than you get some truly insane high stats.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Have they said when they’re going to announce the nerfs/buffs?

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology

Shwqa posted:

I haven't gotten to play him yet but here are the cool tricks I have seen people do.

The craziest use case is to give a minion all of the blood gem buffs. Then use the boar that lets you steal blood gems to double dip and basically double the stats. If you do this a few times than you get some truly insane high stats.

Wait, how does this work? I havent been offered him so I am not clear on the mechanics here, but how to double on the bloodgem stats?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
how do people manage to disconnect and reconnect to skip animations etc? I'm just about to lose a BG because my laptop restarted and I can't log back into Hearthstone because the loving Battlenet launcher, which I hate, says that I'm "playing now" and I have no option that I can see anywhere to actually launch the game

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

emocrat posted:

Wait, how does this work? I havent been offered him so I am not clear on the mechanics here, but how to double on the bloodgem stats?

Let's say I have a 1/1 minion and I have given them 10 Blood Gems and now they are 11/11.

I Vol'jin those stats to another minion, who is now 11/11. However, the Blood Gem buff is still on the first minion.

So, you Necroboar off those gems, and it gives the stealing minion +10/+10.

There's A LOT of Vol'jin tricks and he's got a high skillcap, but right now he's basically outclassed by people who can get (or triple) the 4-drop and 6-drop quillboars faster because they are broken as hell. Like worse than release Elementals. As soon as quillboars get hit, Vol'jin's stock goes way up because he works so well with other minions. He's a lot like Jandice.

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology
Gotcha. Sounds fun, hope i get to try him out.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

No news, not even a rumor. We're 20 minutes past the expected patch time, not sure what to expect now.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

how do people manage to disconnect and reconnect to skip animations etc? I'm just about to lose a BG because my laptop restarted and I can't log back into Hearthstone because the loving Battlenet launcher, which I hate, says that I'm "playing now" and I have no option that I can see anywhere to actually launch the game

**NOTE I DO NOT CONDONE THE USE OF THIS PROCEDURE OR THE INFORMATION, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK**

On PC: there is a script/macro that uses Windows Defender Firewall to quickly disconnect you and reconnect you, without needing to close your client. It's very easy to search youtube for instructions on how to set this up, but it's the most blatant tiptoe on the TOS that we've had in this game to date and I really don't recommend doing it.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

It shouldn't even be a thing in the first place because it's super dumb that the more animations there are the less time you get on your turn. They are dumb for doing it this way.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Pardot posted:

It shouldn't even be a thing in the first place because it's super dumb that the more animations there are the less time you get on your turn. They are dumb for doing it this way.

It's a design choice, but it's not necessarily wrong or dumb. The alternative is to have people sit at a waiting screen every round. You're going to lose a percentage of players like that. You and I don't have data on that, but my gut is that you lose less people from roping against long turns than you would from having loading screens. Especially now that Chadgar's less of an issue.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
There isnt really another way to do it besides locking players out of doing anything when they have short fights. Which they should absolutely not do. Keeping players engaged is more important than fairness.

A button for skipping fights is more arguable but I still am sympathetic to their not removing it because skipping fights would always be optimal but watching fights is fun and those two things should not be in tension.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

tomorrow

https://twitter.com/GW_Alec/status/1392172688005685249

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

:psyduck: I'm actually stunned by this. Something has gone awry. Not only is the BG invitational tournament tomorrow, but this is just past the deadline for GM decklist submission. Something has to give, either they told GMs beforehand of the changes, or this patch will only be BGs, but then the changes drop during the tournament... :psyduck:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think they've had technology in the past that let tournaments be done on old patches.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
they could post the notes and community would have them localised in 20 minutes

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
I got Dadgar from the shop, so I'm happy with all current cosmetics. Now just working on crawling toward a few more golden heroes and playing the awesome, yet difficult, Delete Warlock. Bring on the miniset.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lmfao

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

No Wave posted:

There isnt really another way to do it besides locking players out of doing anything when they have short fights. Which they should absolutely not do. Keeping players engaged is more important than fairness.

A button for skipping fights is more arguable but I still am sympathetic to their not removing it because skipping fights would always be optimal but watching fights is fun and those two things should not be in tension.

There are other ways they could do it though. Eg a button to skip that appears after xx seconds, or speeding up the animations / skipping frames after xx seconds. The calculations are all performed in the first second, what they are showing is all cosmetic.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

No Wave posted:

super :can: solution: A checkpointing system on animations. Every (or every 5, for example) animation that queues creates a checkpoint, and when the animation plays it flags the checkpoint as complete. If a disconnect happens between client and server, the server instead refreshes the game state to the last known completed checkpoint from the client rather than to what it does now (which is refresh to the state of the game to after the last known action the client thinks has taken place).

At least this solution would require people to actually hack and modify client-side stuff to skip animations rather than exploit the system that was designed for a better user experience, but with how awful the rumors are about the spaghetti code of this game I have to assume these type of initial-instinct solutions can't be done.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

AnacondaHL posted:

:psyduck: I'm actually stunned by this. Something has gone awry. Not only is the BG invitational tournament tomorrow, but this is just past the deadline for GM decklist submission. Something has to give, either they told GMs beforehand of the changes, or this patch will only be BGs, but then the changes drop during the tournament... :psyduck:

They are absolutely panicking because they don't want an entire tournament of everyone forcing Quilboars every game is my guess. Especially as a lot of BG streamers who are in the tournament have been pretty critical of the state of BGs right now.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Zore posted:

They are absolutely panicking because they don't want an entire tournament of everyone forcing Quilboars every game is my guess. Especially as a lot of BG streamers who are in the tournament have been pretty critical of the state of BGs right now.

Yea, which is why the patch should have been out today, both for GM and BGs sake, it was the only solution that made sense :psyduck:

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

l loving o l. good lord.

it was just too much work for this small, indie game startup to do.

they're really trying to give ea / bioware a run for their money now eh?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Last King posted:

l loving o l. good lord.

it was just too much work for this small, indie game startup to do.

they're really trying to give ea / bioware a run for their money now eh?

um, what?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

are you up to date on blizzard's actions for the past few years? it ain't pretty

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

I don't understand what thing/aspect of the tweet is being complained about by the person that I quoted

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The HS devs are the only team in that entire company that releases any content and to their credit they've released a lot more in the past few years than ever before. Like, sooner would be better, but this isn't an alarming delay for anyone except the those players in some kind of tournament that's apparently happening.

Like, Blizzard is a sick joke in general but HS devs actually do stuff these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

I got Dadgar from the shop, so I'm happy with all current cosmetics. Now just working on crawling toward a few more golden heroes and playing the awesome, yet difficult, Delete Warlock. Bring on the miniset.

Same I bought him because I love WoW Dadgar - is the same VA? At this rate I'm just happy not to put up with Jaina. Now if they can release Madame Lazul so I can swap out Tyrande that'd be great!