Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nottherealaborn posted:

I played Dirt 5 during the free period a couple weeks ago and wasn’t really a fan. The driving was fine I guess, but a little too arcade feeling. The AI isn’t great and online is super bare. And there are P2W vehicles that cost real $ that are slightly better than the unlockable vehicles.

Comparably, Wreckfest is a lot more fun, better driving, better AI, fun damage models and fun multiplayer with a good mix of challenging racing and ridiculous racing.

I will agree with an earlier goon post that Wreckfest is missing some sound elements (announcers, good soundtrack) but otherwise is great.

Their aren't p2W vehicles.

I think the driving in Wreckfest feels bad compared to Dirt tbh. It is very arcadey especially for a Dirt game though. Espcially since the only other ones I had played were Rally which is the exact opposite. Either way Wreckfest and Dirt are not really comparable anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

cheeseboy58 posted:

Idk if ur in us but gamestop sometimes has deals where used games are 30% cheaper. I picked up demon souls for 45, feel way better about that than shelling out 70

was this a digital copy?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ulio posted:

was this a digital copy?

How are you gonna buy a used digital game?

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

I did a lot of dumb, hosed up poo poo in that game but disappointing Kim is something I could never bring myself to do

My first attempt at the game ended about 15 minutes in when I couldn't handle the hit my morale took after trying and failing to punch a child and falling on my rear end. Kim's better off without me.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

Their aren't p2W vehicles.

I think the driving in Wreckfest feels bad compared to Dirt tbh. It is very arcadey especially for a Dirt game though. Espcially since the only other ones I had played were Rally which is the exact opposite. Either way Wreckfest and Dirt are not really comparable anyways.

Each vehicle has a performance and handling rating, with selecting one with better performance means worse handling. Generally speaking, they’re a direct trade off. But you can pay real money for a couple vehicles that lessen that trade off. It’s not a huge difference (like A performance and B handling for the $ car instead of A performance and C handling for the unlockable car). I can’t remember the actual ratings of them, but it was a direct improvement of the $ vs unlockable cars.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

No it’s not. There are unlockable vehicles for every track with just as good of a rating as any of the season pass vehicles.

Most of them actually have better ones.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
Returnal: is there progression in biome 3? I made it to the boss tonight but died and then my abilities took a hit for the night and I haven't been able to get back. Does any sort of shortcut unlock from having gotten to the top of the tower?

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Yes, there's a shortcut that becomes permanent after finding the source of the signal so you don't have to go through that entire tower gauntlet again to fight the boss

I always took the detour through biome 2 to go weapon hunting and grabbing some powerups before retrying the tower but when I finally got through it I had such a lucky run that the third boss went down on my first attempt.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

caldrax posted:

Returnal: is there progression in biome 3? I made it to the boss tonight but died and then my abilities took a hit for the night and I haven't been able to get back. Does any sort of shortcut unlock from having gotten to the top of the tower?

If you unlock the tower bridge you can skip the big section of the level thats dedicated to unlocking the bridge next time iirc

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Just got the super secret special Kingdom Hearts ending in Returnal and this game's story is still pretty weird. Whatever I'm gonna go find some Xenoglyphs.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you

r u ready to WALK posted:

Yes, there's a shortcut that becomes permanent after finding the source of the signal so you don't have to go through that entire tower gauntlet again to fight the boss

thank the lawd

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

veni veni veni posted:

I haven't installed RE:Verse yet, but it looks almost exactly like the total failure of a multiplayer game they packed in with RE3 just a year ago. Which frankly had a better concept than Reverse does. Ill give it a go since it's free but I'd be surprised if it wasn't deleted in an hour. probably says a lot that I can't even find any reviews or impressions online that aren't from the closed beta.

It's weird, especially considering how well they have been doing with the series overall, how much capcom still wants multiplayer RE to be a thing, and how out of touch they are with trying to make it happen. Like, they could probably just make an RE co-op horde game and it would do allright, but they are so set on PVP stuff no one wants. Also locking it behind a purchase of RE8 seems like suicide. The last one that came with RE3 was populated for like 2 days.

Either way I haven't actually played it so maybe I'm rushing to judgement but it's doesn't look very good.

Just give me Operation Raccoon City again. I kind of liked that game

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have a chart that tracks my Gamefly costs per game based on how many days I have each game out and whether I ended up paying to keep it

Lol donkey Kong rented for half a year that's wild

Props on keeping games for a decent time though. Last time i rented games it was on am unlimited plan so it was way too easy to play a game for an hour then get the itch to swap in something else

JollyBoyJohn fucked around with this message at 11:14 on May 12, 2021

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Bust Rodd posted:

Does anyone else track their gaming spending
Only for work. If I tracked what I spent on games for my personal entertainment I'd probably get extremely sad, instead of just assuming I'm extremely sad.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Bust Rodd posted:

Does anyone else track their gaming spending like this or is this thing that I think it helping me stay accountable actually weird?

These are just the purchases I’ve made for my PS5, not including my Switch purchases or the small pile of $4-$5 games I buy for PS4, like when Saints Row games go on sale for $2.75 or whatever. I’ve spent probably less than $150 on my switch in the last two years, and the most I’ve spent on PS4 was getting Persona 5 Royale on sale for $30.

Why would you do this to yourself I don’t wanna see my problems written down. I also need a new TV because mine has succumbed tv poisoning

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Casnorf posted:

Only for work. If I tracked what I spent on games for my personal entertainment I'd probably get extremely sad, instead of just assuming I'm extremely sad.

Pretty much this. I know the answer is "too much" and I really don't want to know anything more specific than that.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I finally got one of these stupid things, but could only get Digital (don’t mind honestly)

What’s the best way to transfer ps4 stuff to ps5? PS+ and redownload?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Aidan_702 posted:

Why would you do this to yourself I don’t wanna see my problems written down. I also need a new TV because mine has succumbed tv poisoning

What kind of poison did you use?

"See my problems written down" works well to describe a budget. Or a diary!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I finally got one of these stupid things, but could only get Digital (don’t mind honestly)

What’s the best way to transfer ps4 stuff to ps5? PS+ and redownload?

You can actually just hook up a ethernet cable directly between the two of them.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
This, its super fast, but you have to do it for each profile individually if you want to transfer savegames, as those are transferred on a per profile basis.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Aidan_702 posted:

It’s just a totally different approach to my “Fire & Forget” backlog policy that I’ve had for years. By doing this I really have to ask myself “is this the game I want? Is this the game that will really make me happy to play and to participate in the conversation? Or is this a game I already know I will love?” It really forces me to be more intentional and less impulsive, often leaving the PSN screen hanging on confirm purchase for hours or even days before I finally pull the trigger.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s just a totally different approach to my “Fire & Forget” backlog policy that I’ve had for years. By doing this I really have to ask myself “is this the game I want? Is this the game that will really make me happy to play and to participate in the conversation? Or is this a game I already know I will love?” It really forces me to be more intentional and less impulsive, often leaving the PSN screen hanging on confirm purchase for hours or even days before I finally pull the trigger.

Well yeah, I used to be like that but lockdown through it completely out of the window. Once I had platinum'd netflix and amazon prime I got to the extremely dangerous habit of 'just buying whatever games'. So many I bought, even for next to nothing, that I had had no desire to continue with even where there was nothing else to do. :/

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I once looked at my steam purchase history and did the michael scott grimace.

Too many video games.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
I have said it before, and I'll say it again: Get a Sony Rewards VISA and never pay for a game again*. I have not spent any actual money on a game since 2007. Use your rewards points to buy PSN cards and use those for games.

* assuming you don't buy like 10 games a month... oh wait, this is the PS5 you can't.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

VideoGames posted:

Too many video games.

No such thing. Unless you ask my wife.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
My verdict: the PS5 is good

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am weak and pathetic; I hope Housemarque adds an easy / god mode to Returnal. I love this game a lot, but i'm not good enough at it, and I just want to shoot freaky aliens that just wanted to exist until the weird lady came along and dumped her house on their planet.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

you just have to believe in yourself, i think you can do it

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Lumpy posted:

I have said it before, and I'll say it again: Get a Sony Rewards VISA and never pay for a game again*. I have not spent any actual money on a game since 2007. Use your rewards points to buy PSN cards and use those for games.

* assuming you don't buy like 10 games a month... oh wait, this is the PS5 you can't.

Without doing any actual research I'm going to assume you can get more cash back or points on a different card instead of the Sony one and just use those to offset your Playstation purchases. Those branded cards don't usually give you very good returns.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Chad Sexington posted:

Without doing any actual research I'm going to assume you can get more cash back or points on a different card instead of the Sony one and just use those to offset your Playstation purchases. Those branded cards don't usually give you very good returns.

You're pretty right on the dot. They give 5% on psn purchases (but you can get 10% off the goon in samart) and their deals are pretty close to other credit cards so it's nothing special. The intro offer isn't anything special either ($50)

At least it's no annual fee.

I think you can actually get the same thing by buying psn credit on Amazon with their credit card.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Is there a way to get my astronaut toy for Biome 2 without going all the way to the store on Biome 1?

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

I said come in! posted:

I am weak and pathetic; I hope Housemarque adds an easy / god mode to Returnal. I love this game a lot, but i'm not good enough at it, and I just want to shoot freaky aliens that just wanted to exist until the weird lady came along and dumped her house on their planet.

Once you finish it you'll wish there's a hard mode and I'm not joking

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

The astronaut item is randomly available in every fabricator room, the only issue is that the fabricator in biome 2 always spawns after the shortcut to the boss, so you have to venture into more dangerous rooms to find it

A large health vial is half the price and heals you about the same amount as long as you trigger it in time. My most successful runs are when i have 2-3 heal items stockpiled in a boss fight.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Does the ps5 3D audio stuff only work if I connect headphones directly to the playstation/controller itself? Or will it work using my TVs built-in headphone Jack?

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism

Gutcruncher posted:

Does the ps5 3D audio stuff only work if I connect headphones directly to the playstation/controller itself? Or will it work using my TVs built-in headphone Jack?

TV jack didn't work for me, had to plug in to the controller.

You can check it yourself under settings, whether it's allowing for 3D audio or not.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I believe the headset has to be connected to the controller or PS5. I have a wireless headset over USB and it works for me.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I got the Pulse headset and it's actually really nice. The PS5 3D audio is good and I've actually surprised myself a few times already be turning to look at something in a game because I heard it before I could have possibly seen it rather than just going "something scary is breathing in this room". Hopefully the construction is better than the PS4 Gold headset I had a few years back that eventually just fuckin' snapped in half.

Though at first it seemed really scratchy and lost connection frequently. Then I moved the USB dongle from the back of the PS5 to the front and now it works perfectly. Kinda wild that the body of the PS5 by itself is enough to noticeably interfere with the signal.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

It's been 6 months since ps5 launched! Tell me about the games you've been enjoying since it came out (yes ps4 games is fine if you've been playing them on ps5)

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Ineffiable posted:

It's been 6 months since ps5 launched! Tell me about the games you've been enjoying since it came out (yes ps4 games is fine if you've been playing them on ps5)

Ok good cause the PS5 only list would be pretty short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

How are you gonna buy a used digital game?

Lol mb didn't see it was used. Ah well I don't really buy physical so just gonna have to wait.

Btw so far I have only used ps5 to watch anime since my tv doesn't have crunchyroll app.