Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

poty posted:

Losing points to this Red Bull, probably the most illegal car of all time

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
The cheat that gives them an advantage isn't about straight-line speed. It's about having additional downforce in corners without having to sacrifice straight line speed. Isn't it?

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
By that I mean, normally you have to choose between them. The cheat means you can have your cake and eat it.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Don't need to read the article to know Max is not nearly as #Blessed as Sir Lewis.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

boop the snoot posted:

Lewis is trying to preserve the bottom of the barrel integrity of F1 and Max is trying to turn F1 into an organization as corrupt as FIFA.

Thank you Lewis.

if only it was only as corrupt as FIFA lol

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Khablam posted:

Multiple teams and fans were 'afraid' of the spectre of 4 mercedes cars on the grid.
Turns out their carbon paper slipped half way through though.

what's carbon paper

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

FAUXTON posted:

if only it was only as corrupt as FIFA lol

It's nowhere near as corrupt as FIFA. There are only like two sporting organizations that corrupt, Olympic committee and the NCAA

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ArmZ posted:

what's carbon paper

The stuff on triplicate notepads when you sign for something.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lol that one of the main plot lines to DTS was Toto calling Christian a whiny bastard who had to keep reporting stuff to the FIA in order to win.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dexo posted:

It's nowhere near as corrupt as FIFA. There are only like two sporting organizations that corrupt, Olympic committee and the NCAA

yeah wining and dining officials for venue selection is way worse than being a willing partner in greenwashing like every petroleum conglomerate in the world

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

learnincurve posted:

Lol that one of the main plot lines to DTS was Toto calling Christian a whiny bastard who had to keep reporting stuff to the FIA in order to win.

Merc is reporting stuff and winning

What a noble and honorable team

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBWUefSl5tI

FAUXTON posted:

yeah wining and dining officials for venue selection is way worse than being a willing partner in greenwashing like every petroleum conglomerate in the world

There's a difference between naked corruption(it's not just wining and dining) and just bullshit business marketing poo poo to me.

But yeah sure, I'm not about to sit here and even have the appearance of defending F1's bullshit.

So yeah, your're right that is extremely bad.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Tattling is a good strat and incredibly funny when you are telling everyone lol these guys are cheating and still not winning

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

VAR is getting more and more ridiculous

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
VAR is basically F1’s entire refereeing system though.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

learnincurve posted:

VAR is basically F1’s entire refereeing system though.

False.

They also have Lewis :)

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

I think Red Bull and its drivers points should be scrubbed for any races they used that wing.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Ha, you hardly even need the grid lines to see the wing lowering as the speed picks up. Mind you, there was that year when Red Bull's front wing endplates were visibly dropping towards the ground under load despite Horner's usual whiny "we passed all the FIA tests" bullshit and I don't remember anything coming of it, so :shrug:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

It really is disgraceful what Red Bull is doing to this sacred and honorable sport.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
This is breaking the rules, not a loophole, right?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

net work error posted:

Don't need to read the article to know Max is not nearly as #Blessed as Sir Lewis.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rinkles posted:

Iirc some aero bits are allowed X degree of bend when under aero load, go beyond that and it’s not legal

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Rinkles posted:

they pass the tests so i guess they'd argue no?

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.
Listening to last weekend’s radio engineer chatter and I am really enjoying how Tsunoda’s engineer seems to be dripping with contempt when he talks to him. “Yuki, calm down. Okay?!” I wonder if Yuki will be out of F1 before Mazepin.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
if the fia fucks rbr there should be a breakaway series
mercedes has gotten everything they wanted from their secret engine test to the tyres that only they had problems

gently caress off

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Guido Merkens posted:

Listening to last weekend’s radio engineer chatter and I am really enjoying how Tsunoda’s engineer seems to be dripping with contempt when he talks to him. “Yuki, calm down. Okay?!” I wonder if Yuki will be out of F1 before Mazepin.

Our Yuki is a good boy with a filthy mouth and we like him
But I do feel disappointed, he impressed in Bahrain and now he's kinda done nothing

Carrier
May 12, 2009

I'm convinced, ban RBR from the sport and retroactively award all their wins to other, more ethical teams.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zeta Acosta posted:

mercedes has gotten everything they wanted from their secret engine test to the tyres that only they had problems

gently caress off

rbr will have hosed themselves though, it isn't like jean todt went around making their rear wings floppy behind the scenes

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Cheating and still holding Ls. Red Bull is the Maria Sharapova of the racing world.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

At least when Ferrari cheated they won races

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

ilmucche posted:

they pass the tests like Ferrari passed the fuel flow sensor check

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
The actual legality aside I think it does raise some questions over how closely the FIA actually are looking at if any car conforms to the rules given some offhand comment from a driver over something as visible as the front wing prompted this whole change of approach.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

ilmucche posted:

'They pass the tests' hasn't been an acceptable get out since the last time Red Bull and others were caught constructing wings to pass the tests but flex in race. But the FIA are dunces who couldn't manage to design a fuel flow sensor that wasn't trivially easy to bypass by the idiots at Ferrari.

It beggars belief that they still can't devise a reliable test to catch wings flexing, a thing some random youtuber has shown with the incredibly complex process of overlaying gridlines and looking.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i just finished drive to survive season 2. question: should i actually feel as bad for nico hulkenberg as this show wants me to feel

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Carrier posted:

I'm convinced, ban RBR from the sport and retroactively award all their wins to other, more ethical teams.

Agggreed they should definitely be awarded to Scuderia Mission Winnow Ferrari

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

i just finished drive to survive season 2. question: should i actually feel as bad for nico hulkenberg as this show wants me to feel

Definitely not op LOL

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

abraham linksys posted:

no he's just another one of the long line of mediocre german drivers that never even managed a podium throughout his entire carrer.

grossjean managed multiple podium finishes, grossjean gross jeans his jeans were gross or large

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

I did but this thread hates me.

I watched that German GP, and I don't think he was gonna end the race on the podium tho

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Zeta Acosta posted:

gently caress off

Horner account spotted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fumble posted:

Horner account spotted.

Go to horner jail *bonked with a 2nd place trophy*