Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ineffiable posted:

It's been 6 months since ps5 launched! Tell me about the games you've been enjoying since it came out (yes ps4 games is fine if you've been playing them on ps5)

Demon's Souls
Nier Replicant
Resident Evil Village
Yakuza 4 & 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Sekiro
Dark Souls 3
Bloodbor- wait gently caress

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thundarr posted:

I got the Pulse headset and it's actually really nice. The PS5 3D audio is good and I've actually surprised myself a few times already be turning to look at something in a game because I heard it before I could have possibly seen it rather than just going "something scary is breathing in this room". Hopefully the construction is better than the PS4 Gold headset I had a few years back that eventually just fuckin' snapped in half.

Though at first it seemed really scratchy and lost connection frequently. Then I moved the USB dongle from the back of the PS5 to the front and now it works perfectly. Kinda wild that the body of the PS5 by itself is enough to noticeably interfere with the signal.

The ps5 has all usb3.0 ports which are notorious for creating a bubble of interference around a device, couple that with a solid massive metal heat sink inside and its not for the faint of dongle.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
drat, thanks to this thread's tips on the tiny flying robots. Running far far away, using the environment as a shield, and clipping them aggressively as soon as I see them significantly limits the amount of damage I take from them. Basically just be super careful and ready for any of them to appear anytime you walk into a new area. I actually got to the third boss!!

On that note what's your boss prep strategy? For the second boss I didn't mind running around in the first biome getting stronger and waiting to hit the shop before moving on to the second level. For the third boss do you go to the first two biomes to become as strong as possible, or do you just do some farming on the first biome then skip straight to the third biome?

I have the shortcut unlocked for boss 3 now which is nice and if I can brute force by learning his patterns I would rather do that. It doesn't take me that long to run through the first two biomes admittedly especially as I'm getting more familiar with the enemy movesets but I just don't know what is more optimal/faster

I hear things get kind of wild after I beat this boss so I'm really eager to see what's behind it, been pretty good about avoiding spoilers so far

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

KingSlime posted:

On that note what's your boss prep strategy? For the second boss I didn't mind running around in the first biome getting stronger and waiting to hit the shop before moving on to the second level. For the third boss do you go to the first two biomes to become as strong as possible, or do you just do some farming on the first biome then skip straight to the third biome?

i hardly ever use shortcuts in roguelites, though returnal's kinder about it than most with that proficiency-upgrading item at the start of every biome. but i found that using the integrity upgrade and buying the large silphium vial in each shop gave me enough health to tank through the latest boss's bullshit, even moreso if i was lucky enough to get an astronaut

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I Cleared all rooms in biome 1 except the boss and bought out the fabricator, then cleared 2 up to the shortcut, then bought out the 3 fabricator and beat the boss

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Ineffiable posted:

It's been 6 months since ps5 launched! Tell me about the games you've been enjoying since it came out (yes ps4 games is fine if you've been playing them on ps5)

Yakuza 7. solid 90 hours in it.
Picked up control - want to go back for the side quests.
Nier replicant. endings C/D run now.
Wreckfest - I was really excited to have it on console but then I remembered that I'm kind of burnt out on it after 40 hours on the PC version.

They are all pretty good, I've had a lot of fun with my ps5!

I have RE7 downloaded and ready to play after I beat nier. will juggle that with the control sidequests.
That'll take me up to the yuffie DLC of FF7.
July & august I'll probably play something in my backlog I've been intending to get to - horizon dlc, ghosts of tsushima, monster hunter.
The next new game I buy outside of the yuffie dlc will probably be lost judgement in sept.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I finally got a PS5 in my cart on gamestop!

But the site is exploding so I can't checkout.

Well it just said it was out of stock again so guess actually getting that far along and thinking I'd made it was so drat stupid of me.

Caidin fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 12, 2021

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Ineffiable posted:

Played through Bloodborne, Hitman 3, Ghosts of Tsushima, some Borderlands 3, Disco Elysium and now Returnal.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Ineffiable posted:

My first ps5 experience, aside from astrobot, was a compare and contrast of ghost of tsushima, which I started on my launch ps4. The difference blew me away!

Also I beat sekiro

And I started playing disco elysium

And I'm currently playing divinity original sin 2

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's kind of bullshit that Returnal has a bunch of RNG dependent lore items, so if you want the full story tidbits or get the full translation on some glyphs you have to run biomes over and over again hoping the room you read about online will spawn. When I read about people restarting biome 1 for over ten hours just to try and force a room to spawn I get kind of pissed. I'd love an option to dunk ether at the start of a run, maybe after you've unlocked all the items through the pillar, and get a lore item.

On the plus side I learned how to do the bunny hop stuff (press dash, then melee, then jump in quick succession) so I can jet around biomes like phoon. Too hot for Helios.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Caidin posted:

Well it just said it was out of stock again so guess actually getting that far along and thinking I'd made it was so drat stupid of me.

GS trickles them out every couple of minutes. Every time I've gotten a Gamestop one it's been twenty minutes or more after the fact. Best of luck, though.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Thanks for the returnal boss tips! So I guess it sounds like some prep time is always worth it when going up against the new boss versus just main lining it there. I feel like maybe the first boss is doable this way but I wouldn't want to try the other ones with a weaker build

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Ineffiable posted:

I have mine since early April:
Second half of Subnautica
NMS VR (on and off, not really a game I will ever finish)
ASTRO's Playroom

Currently playing:
Stranded deep
Squadrons VR
Trine collection coop with the GF
Demon Souls (came with the PS, not sure yet whether I enjoy it)

I may be missing something, not sure

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Oh yeah I put another 100 hrs into dark souls 3 because it runs phenomenally on PS5, absolutely flawless frame rate and the colors are much more vibrant so the game doesn't actually feel washed out while still retaining the dead and dying aesthetic.

Seriously dark souls 3 on PS5 is like a solid point or two higher on the review scale just for this imo

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Caidin posted:

Same OP. Hopefully we'll get it next time.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Another day another update not done while the PS5 is in rest mode.

It’s even weirder because it did one yesterday just fine.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
has Returnal changed the RNG on the update? Biome 1 has given me a whole new set of rooms since I picked it up again last night.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
For anyone curious here's what a BAD Returnal player finally killing the first two bosses looks like

Here is my 4th attempt @ Phrike
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjxQdYkY5SM

This is my 4th attempt @ Ixion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZh5GmbDxbc&t=77s

So, honestly, if I can do this I think anyone can do this. I am really not good at avoiding damage and reading boss tells and analyzing complex bullet patterns on the fly while also dodging and shooting but god help me someday I will be. Just wanted some representation for this side of the coin to offset all the Ubergoons who beat the game in like 5 lives.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I just stay as far away as possible from Phrike and you can simply strafe most of his attacks and if anything comes remotely close you can dash, no real reason to be close to him.

I had a hard time doing a no-damage Ixion, his first two phases are easy enough but it's incredibly difficult to dodge his dashing melee followed up with the red ring.

If you're strafing and the bullets look like they'll catch up to you just dash in the opposite direction instead of away from the bullets, a bit counter intuitive but works best.

infraboy fucked around with this message at 21:52 on May 12, 2021

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
Turning on always run was life changing, looking at the game now like "how did I get through two bosses without this?"

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

https://twitter.com/PS5StockAlerts/status/1392586330148900867

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

14 mins to join queue as of this post (which i guess is a lottery?)

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Will Sony direct allow you to ship it to a different address than your own? My brother is looking for one but he is on the opposite end of the state.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Feels weird being on the other side of this

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
more than an hour in queue is GG

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

infraboy posted:

dang, every window I have open is more than an hour. Guess it isn't my day to get one.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Ineffiable posted:

Astro’s Playroom
Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Borderlands 3
Persona 5 Royal
Persona 5 Strikers
Spyro 1 & 2
Returnal
Control
Jak & Daxter
Jak 3

Plus brief snippets of MK11, GoT, Disco Elysium, and Ratchet and Clank just to see how they all look on PS5. It’s nice that load times have mostly evaporated (although for whatever reason they were still really heavy in Spyro). I would be breaking into Deathloop next week but, you know…

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

infraboy posted:

It's not a good game! It's a actually a very poor one that means I don't get to play other games!

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Games played since PS5

Yakuza LAD
Demon's Souls
Mile Morales
Dark Souls 1-3
Returnal
Sekiro
Persona 5 Strikers
Nioh 2
Valhalla
Ys9
Jedi Fallen Order
RE3 remake
Death Stranding
Atelier Ryza

Maybe missing something but been a busy boy with games

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Astro Bot
Half a Bloodborne replay
Demons Souls
Miles Morales
some Bugsnax
Godfall haha just kidding.
some MHW Iceborne
a few EDF5 missions
Returnal

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
PS5 direct is done for the day, rumored Target drop not happening today but possibly May 19th, Target has a pretty good system of making sure every store has some PS5s before they open up their orders.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
The only actual ps5 games I’ve bought, not counting the handful I have that got free upgrades, have been demons souls and Dirt 5.

Returnal sounds cool so I’ll probably get that when it goes on a sale. I’m thinking of RE8 too but I’m wondering how it is compared to PC. Like surely the PC will allow a better framerate but does it at least keep solid at 60fps on ps5? Does it do anything novel with the controller?

TheIndividual
Apr 22, 2010

Gutcruncher posted:

The only actual ps5 games I’ve bought, not counting the handful I have that got free upgrades, have been demons souls and Dirt 5.

Returnal sounds cool so I’ll probably get that when it goes on a sale. I’m thinking of RE8 too but I’m wondering how it is compared to PC. Like surely the PC will allow a better framerate but does it at least keep solid at 60fps on ps5? Does it do anything novel with the controller?

If you turn off raytracing in RE8, it stays at a solid 60 throughout. Otherwise it noticeably dips in the watery area. Controller has some trigger resistance stuff that seemed unnecessary, don't think there's any haptic stuff, if there is it's nothing I've noticed.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Despite a cursed run where I had a malfunction that prevented weapon proficiency gains right before the proficiency boost when you take the shortcut to Biome 3, I finally made it up the tower to the boss. I got to the second stage, which isn't bad considering I had no healing items and a five star carbine. Just glad I don't have to run the gauntlet again unless I want to. gently caress those lasers.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Chad Sexington posted:

gently caress those lasers.

You can skip most of the lasers with a well considered grapple. Look up

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

If we're listing things we've played since we got our PS5's, I'm at:

No Man's Sky (for like 10 minutes before deciding it wasn't for me)
Monster Prom
Planescape: Torment
Astro's Playroom
Immortals: Fenyx Rising
Control
Blizzard Arcade (I'll beat The Lost Vikings eventually!)
It Takes Two
Disco Elysium
Nier Replicant

As you can tell, I only play the absolute newest games, like 22 year old Planescape! Also I just realized the only PS5 exclusive on that list is Astro's Playroom. Maybe the PS5 doesn't have any games.

My boyfriend has been binging Returnal though, and RE8 is next on my list when I finish plat'ing Nier. And at some point I'll get he ME remake and Biomutant.

Soysaucebeast fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 13, 2021

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Holy poo poo, I finally scored a PS5 off of this. It told me my wait time was more than an hour which usually means you're out of luck. But then it actually started going down. After about half an hour it let me in and I bought a PS5 like it was nothing. Supply might be getting better.

Maybe it's finally time to pull the trigger on a 4K OLED TV...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TheIndividual posted:

If you turn off raytracing in RE8, it stays at a solid 60 throughout. Otherwise it noticeably dips in the watery area. Controller has some trigger resistance stuff that seemed unnecessary, don't think there's any haptic stuff, if there is it's nothing I've noticed.

I appreciate that l2's resistance directly correlates to the weight of the gun you are aiming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’ve bought more PS4 new releases than PS5 games since it came out.

In fact the only PS5 game I own that I didn’t buy discounted because it’s an upgrade or get given in plus is Miles Morales and that didn’t launch at the full ridiculous price.

PS5 has no games.