Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
cows will be the first against the wall

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
if i put on the homo helmet would it make my posting straight

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

baw posted:

i guess you're just dumber than a box of dog poo poo then

:ironicat:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'm not a vegan but I steal all my meat, thus eating both the sins of others and a tasty burger.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
fully agreed OP, but I'm not sure why we're going with the vegan society's definition? Seems like they should be able to self-identify, by citizenship if nothing else

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

you'd be a fool to side with the Norwegians over the unkillable Finns

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

look im not saying im having meat right this second, just that in a few minutes ill be at costco and eating a $1.50 hot dog combo in a way that will make Sgt. Chowdown shed tears of joy

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

trying to shift blame for systemic issues onto individuals for their consumption habits is inherently reactionary, whether the habit in question is their dietary practices or their Norwegian citizenship

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

like, if you want the government to outlaw all animal-based farming, or annex Norway, that's one thing, but if you just want to yell at people for eating a hot dog or being Norwegian, well, have fun I guess

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
poo poo i thought the thread title said nonvegan leftists

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
IKEA has the best veggie dogs I've ever had, and they're super cheap.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Accretionist posted:

IKEA has the best veggie dogs I've ever had, and they're super cheap.

w/ fried onions

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Hinge dinga durgen

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

loquacius posted:

like, if you want the government to outlaw all animal-based farming, or annex Norway, that's one thing, but if you just want to yell at people for eating a hot dog or being Norwegian, well, have fun I guess

why does the government do things. what even is a government. we will never know.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
yeah i wish these dorks would just say the weekend's coming soon like a normal person

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

BULBASAUR posted:

if i put on the homo helmet would it make my posting straight

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

I can’t believe Norwegian leftists are destroying the planet to profit off of animal protein

Oolb
Nov 18, 2019

thehandtruck posted:

op's probly right but also real annoying

in other words the perfect leftist

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 75 days!
heres a snack for you op

[ol goaty]

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

how do you find the vegans on a forum?

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

is double chicken at chipotle more evil than single chicken

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flavius Aetass posted:

yeah i wish these dorks would just say the weekend's coming soon like a normal person

https://youtu.be/V9O94UTDAJQ

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

“Veganism at its most liberatory is a political praxis to dismantle the oppression of humans and nonhumans. Veganism at its most oppressive is a tool to enforce White supremacy and colonialism. Veganism at its most reductionist is a consumer boycott…
There is no such thing as a pure vegan. Among the eight different ways we exploit animals: Food, Pets, Fashion, Research, Entertainment, Wildlife, Textiles/Industry, and Labor, we will participate in the system…
The single most effective thing we can do as abolitionist vegans is empower slaughterhouse workers. They do not want to be killing hundreds of animals a minute. That is what the Capitalists want.”
- Pierce Delahunt, Liberatory Politics of Veganism

“I don't think you can mix classical music and reggae. It's not possible. But some producer in, like, Norway is going to put it together.”
-B.o.B.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

I keep misreading it as nonvegan

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

yr new gurlfrand! posted:

I keep misreading it as nonvegan

don't feel bad, so did most people for the first few pages

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
The thing I find so entertaining about Wegians is how they keep talking about how delicious Wegian food is and it totally tastes better than meat, and then spend all their time and money on ever more desperate attempts to make something that tastes like meat again.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
baby brain take. The real crime is vegan cheese. It's an affront against god and good taste. You can't even actually use it like you can cheese, at least the tofu and mushroom based stuff actually replaces meat in a dish.

I'm interested in the vegan wings my friends order but every place that makes them only sells them with buffalo sauce. Maybe when a place has a real sauce with a flavor besides vinegar and depression I'll try them.

Larry Parrish has issued a correction as of 12:30 on May 13, 2021

baw
Nov 5, 2008

galagazombie posted:

The thing I find so entertaining about Wegians is how they keep talking about how delicious Wegian food is and it totally tastes better than meat, and then spend all their time and money on ever more desperate attempts to make something that tastes like meat again.

if you could find one person who says both of those things then they would indeed be silly, but you'll be shocked to learn that there are both vegans who think the diet tastes better than meat (which is kind of an overly broad thing to say; some vegan dishes are better than some meat dishes, and some meat dishes are better than some vegan dishes) and vegans that are excited when there are more ways to make plants taste like meat, and they are often not the same person

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The diet of the proletariat should be agreed on by the proletariat as a whole.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Pretty sure this is a Heathcliff comic or will be soon

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

super sweet best pal posted:

The diet of the proletariat should be agreed on by the proletariat as a whole.

“Corporate controlled vegan products for all.”

*crowd boos*

“Corporate controlled vegan products for no one.”

*crowd boos*

“Alright, corporate controlled vegan products for some, corporate controlled animal products for others.”

*crowd cheers*

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i had a rly good plant based poutine a few months ago. the cheese was made out of cauliflower :)

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Larry Parrish posted:

baby brain take. The real crime is vegan cheese. It's an affront against god and good taste. You can't even actually use it like you can cheese, at least the tofu and mushroom based stuff actually replaces meat in a dish.

This is true, vegan cheese is all absolute trash

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

some plague rats posted:

This is true, vegan cheese is all absolute trash

This must depend on where you live. Similar to gluten-free products ten or fifteen years ago, quality is advancing rapidly.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I like the hot pepper kroger brand of vegan cheese if I just need slice for something like a grilled cheese or a burger. For anything else i'll usually just make my own cheese sauce.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I've had a lot of really good vegan food but yeah the cheese is bad. poo poo even velveeta is better than any vegan cheese I've had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

corgiwizard posted:

This must depend on where you live. Similar to gluten-free products ten or fifteen years ago, quality is advancing rapidly.

They make it taste less like processed slurry but it's still not cheese. If they wanted to call it nut spread I'd be fine with it. But it doesn't taste anything like cheese, and you can't cook with it like it is.