Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

hiddenriverninja posted:

(house coke obv)

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
house morning soda vs house night soda

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Oxyclean posted:

Wait, is there not a step after it that needs a whole bunch of activity completion and stuff?

Cause that, plus the catalyst kill grind itself is more of what I'm dreading to be honest. (But getting guardian kills with sidearms, much less a very mediocre one kind of sucks farts.)

The catalyst seems to be progressing on any Stasis kill with the weapon equipped. So just use Stasis for one or two matches and you are done.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Now that the seasonal armor is no longer in the seasonal rewards, am I right in thinking there's no way to unlock it for transmog without buying the season pass?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Now that the seasonal armor is no longer in the seasonal rewards, am I right in thinking there's no way to unlock it for transmog without buying the season pass?

If you earn it in game (I think it drops from the override activity) , you can unlock it for transmog with synthweave.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Right but, you need the season pass to do override, right?

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

The whole thing with Savathun jumping between different objects in the tower and trying to hold a flesh suit together while she feeds on imbaru is delightful. She's like an alien from men in black.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Right but, you need the season pass to do override, right?

ohhhhh yeah whoops

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Lol not engaging with ada anyways

They took her glow away, forges are gone, what was the point of all my work

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
A manager took the cap amount of synthweave and divided it into the season time and that's how they got the rate it gives you it

Lmao loving devs dude

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

drat I thought the glow madding was just a mythical reddit lore nerds thing

Anyway some good writing this season, override needs higher enemy density tho, gimme back old sundial

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Psycho Landlord posted:

Anyway some good writing this season, override needs higher enemy density tho, gimme back old sundial

I ran a flawless run with randos today. It could benefit from a little more enemies, yeah.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Psycho Landlord posted:

Yeah lmao at all the people who are mad Bungie sold something for real money that was only good for a few weeks?…

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Pirate Jet posted:

Yeah lmao at all the people who are mad Bungie sold something for real money that was only good for a few weeks?…

You realize we're talking about a visual effect on an NPC right

did you pay money for that. if you did I think there is a small problem

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Psycho Landlord posted:

You realize we're talking about a visual effect on an NPC right

did you pay money for that. if you did I think there is a small problem

I thought you were referring to the Solstice glows, which no I did not buy, but I don’t think that justifies writing off every complaint people have about this game as “lol Reddit carelords!”

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

I didn't lol I just said the Ada glow thing. Point to me where I mentioned anything else go ahead

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Selling recovs for Ada glow hand in quest I only accept bitcoin pst for details

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Astrochicken posted:

The whole thing with Savathun jumping between different objects in the tower and trying to hold a flesh suit together while she feeds on imbaru is delightful. She's like an alien from men in black.

I've only read the one of these, where are more of them?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
drat, second time Britt Baron's GLOW has been cancelled

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

drat, second time Britt Baron's GLOW has been cancelled

lmao

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

PathAsc posted:

I've only read the one of these, where are more of them?

https://www.ishtar-collective.net/

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The whole ADA thing seems like it would be a lot worse if you're not a warlock main, since 90% of a floof diver's appearance is the hat and robes. With warlocks, the robe governs the upper arms and usually covers the legs, so if you ornament a fairly neutral pair of gloves and boots you can get away with just shading the gloves and trousers to match.

Titans and hunters though need the extra slots, especially titans if they don't want weird shoulders.

The real controversy is not letting us use the halloween masks :colbert:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

If you're maining a Titan you by default do not think the shoulders are weird

Unless you're one of those perverts that tries to do tiny properly proportioned shoulders I guess, but we don't talk about those people

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Psycho Landlord posted:

If you're maining a Titan you by default do not think the shoulders are weird

Unless you're one of those perverts that tries to do tiny properly proportioned shoulders I guess, but we don't talk about those people

Celestial shoulders are a good balance. Large but relatively proportionate, make up for lack of sheer size with presence of detail (and glows). Hence using them all the time.

The true goal of transmog for Titans is symmetrical shoulders, and I say that as someone who did their level best to never use symmetrical shoulders in Halo and other games with similar customization. Destiny's are just a mite too big.

On the plus side, yeah, I think I can do 4, maybe 5 Warlock transmogs and I may as well be done with them. Holdfast and Seraph robes and find two hats to go with them, maybe some specific bond if I decide I really care. I don't play them much so it's nice the investment is low. Hunter and Titan both have sets already that I'm happy with minus one or two pieces as well (chest for Titan is Praefectus and Legatus disrupts what I like about it, Hunter I don't use the Legatus legs and I'm eyeing the cloakless option when it rolls around for bright dust).

On the minus side the sets that would be really nice for building a look around exotics are long gone. Barricade Fence, you'll never have matching armor, sorry buddy.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

SkyeAuroline posted:

The true goal of transmog for Titans is symmetrical shoulders, and I say that as someone who did their level best to never use symmetrical shoulders in Halo and other games with similar customization. Destiny's are just a mite too big.

This is the single most incorrect, absurd, and disgusting statement I have ever seen in this hellposting nightmare of a thread. At no point would anyone sane or reasonable think this.

You are a fool doomed to hades, and may god have mercy on your soul.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Psycho Landlord posted:

This is the single most incorrect, absurd, and disgusting statement I have ever seen in this hellposting nightmare of a thread. At no point would anyone sane or reasonable think this.

You are a fool doomed to hades, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Hey, at least he gets to give slightly less mercy on the right side of my soul, because it's not missing all its armor.
Completely separate: odds DSC is going to be harder to get a group for now that the pinnacles are gone? Still missing 3/7 weapons and still on the lookout for a better roll on the 3 legendaries I already have. (They're good rolls, but all have an essentially dead perk alongside the best-in-slot perk.)

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

J.A.B.C. posted:

I ran a flawless run with randos today. It could benefit from a little more enemies, yeah.

I've died in one Override. I'm nearly done with my 10 flawless overrides triumph. I've exclusively played with randoms.

The thing is easy. It's very fun, but very easy.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

SkyeAuroline posted:

Hey, at least he gets to give slightly less mercy on the right side of my soul, because it's not missing all its armor.
Completely separate: odds DSC is going to be harder to get a group for now that the pinnacles are gone? Still missing 3/7 weapons and still on the lookout for a better roll on the 3 legendaries I already have. (They're good rolls, but all have an essentially dead perk alongside the best-in-slot perk.)

People still need Eyes. Like a lot of people.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Psycho Landlord posted:

People still need Eyes. Like a lot of people.

Alkarl
Aug 26, 2011

Bonus EXP: 300
MVP: Ike
New Ally: Petrine, Greil, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Petrine, Greil, Mordecai, Lethe, Ranulf, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, Soldier, MPID_BLACKKNIGHT, Greil, Ike, Greil, Ike, Black Knight, Greil, Ike
Ahh Kos, or some say, Kosm....

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Has there been any progress in figuring out how to spawn the seasonal currency piñata in the boss part of Override? There's a notification about the boss spawning some orange-bar minotaurs with a special name, but I haven't figured out how to make use of that.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

According to VoG LFGs across the Destinosphere Same Niell did, in fact, need eyes.

I dunno why but people really wanna see it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So I am trying to solo the shattered throne up to the part of the horde so I can get some sword kills and the #1 thing killing me is inertia. 4 times now I have been shield slammed into solid objects and insta killed and twice knocked off the edge.

This is super annoying.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Mesadoram posted:

So I am trying to solo the shattered throne up to the part of the horde so I can get some sword kills and the #1 thing killing me is inertia. 4 times now I have been shield slammed into solid objects and insta killed and twice knocked off the edge.

This is super annoying.

Why are you doing thrallway instead of wishing to Shuro Chi or running Altars of Sorrow?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Altars are probably less annoying to get to and have more kills per second overall.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

It's entirely dependent on what you're trying to catalyze. Thrallway is absolutely the choice for some poo poo like sunshot or Grav lance because of the density of weak-rear end enemies all clustered together. Shuro's fine for general kills and relatively easier to get to, Altars is great when the instance isn't full.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I got sunshot and grav lance kills from standing at the beginning of Forsaken on a character that's never done it.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Mesadoram posted:

This is super annoying.

i highly recommend just doing override with a sword

i'm at like 80% from just using a sword whenever i feel like it and it also progresses your seasonal thing

override is also good for the heir apparent catalyst

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Why are you doing thrallway instead of wishing to Shuro Chi or running Altars of Sorrow?

Because I have no idea what I am doing :smith:. I just Googled "good place to get kills in destiny 2" and this popped up.

Kith posted:

i highly recommend just doing override with a sword

i'm at like 80% from just using a sword whenever i feel like it and it also progresses your seasonal thing

override is also good for the heir apparent catalyst

Override was pretty good. Might go back to it later.

Edit: Just got a Vouchsafe from this place. Seems pretty rad.

Double Edit: Maxed out the sword thingy, finished Iza Burdens and got the Heir Apparent to 98% before the servers went down. Gotta say, this place is pretty great.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

I have brained my damage.
So I just booted up the game and got through the season intro video and then it sent me right to Europa for the first activity. Is this first mission something I can complete cooperatively with a friend or does it have to be done solo? It's not like I need the help, but it's fun to play together and we wanted to kick the new season off together.