Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
BattleTanx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Kongming posted:

I remember wanting to play this game so bad as a kid after seeing it in Nintendo Power to the point that I had a dream about it. Not of playing it, mind you, just a dream of me renting it at the video store. I remember playing it and dying a lot but I don't think I hated the game I just thought I was bad at it.

The other game that is probably not so good that I rented a lot was the Spider Man: Maximum Carnage game because I was obsessed with beating it. I never did, though I did get to the last level with barely any lives and no continues left once.

i remember the graphics looked really good and i asked for it for xmas or birthday without renting first (you hate to see it)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

This game owned

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Oddworld for Gameboy. I thought the squidfaced guys with big guns in the ads were cool looking but the game was butt loving ugly and I hated the puzzles

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

Oddworld for Gameboy. I thought the squidfaced guys with big guns in the ads were cool looking but the game was butt loving ugly and I hated the puzzles

Oh yeah, THAT happened.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My younger cousin got a psone after I did and we planned to get different games so we could swap and he ended up buying Total Drivin’ which was the first time I ever thought I would rather do nothing than play video games. Later on his older brother tricked me into swapping disc 1 of Abe’s Exoddus for a scratched copy of Ricky Ponting Cricket.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

just add every n64 game to regretable childhood purchases since its the single worst videogame system of all time yes this includes european 8bit microcomputers as well as the past 3 generations of playsatation and every xbox after the original

efb

Pushy Cat
Jun 24, 2016

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mysterious loyall X posted:

just add every n64 game to regretable childhood purchases since its the single worst videogame system of all time yes this includes european 8bit microcomputers as well as the past 3 generations of playsatation and every xbox after the original

hey lyle gently caress you!! :blastu:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
the n64 is cool because the exclusives like mario 64 and ocarina of time and beetle adventure racing give you the impression that it might be a legitimate system but then every single game that was also on the playstation or pc is absolute complete rear end compared to the real version and you realize what a terrible joke the whole thing is

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

My younger cousin got a psone after I did and we planned to get different games so we could swap and he ended up buying Total Drivin’ which was the first time I ever thought I would rather do nothing than play video games. Later on his older brother tricked me into swapping disc 1 of Abe’s Exoddus for a scratched copy of Ricky Ponting Cricket.

lmfao this seems like something you'd see on a fake game cover twitter or something

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

GorfZaplen posted:

lmfao this seems like something you'd see on a fake game cover twitter or something

it's a quick cutaway gag in something like arrested development or 30 rock

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

why?

because of this ad:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

the n64 is cool because the exclusives like mario 64 and ocarina of time and beetle adventure racing give you the impression that it might be a legitimate system but then every single game that was also on the playstation or pc is absolute complete rear end compared to the real version and you realize what a terrible joke the whole thing is

I was an n64 kid and I didn't find out until my late 20's that you were supposed to be able to watch the tapes in tony hawk

my roommate was so pissed off she left the room to buy a copy of the playstation version on ebay

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Sham bam bamina! posted:

except for glover. bitch

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Kongming posted:

The other game that is probably not so good that I rented a lot was the Spider Man: Maximum Carnage game because I was obsessed with beating it. I never did, though I did get to the last level with barely any lives and no continues left once.

we rented this a few times. the copy at my local video store had a red cartridge - I assume they all did. but it also smelled like cinnamon, which i assume they all did not.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Beffica
Apr 6, 2009

by Azathoth

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

heehee posted:

except for glover. bitch

DONT SIGN YOUR POSTS!!!!!!!!

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa

NienNunb posted:

When I was 6 I traded my cousin his copy of Super Mario All Stars for my copy of Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World because I liked the box art of the former better.

When I was in school, many eons ago, I borrowed a copy of Super Mario All Stars from a kid in my maths class, and in return lent him my copy of King of the Monsters. For some reason or other, we never ended up swapping back. I think I got the better of that exchange.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I traded my Quackshot for another kid’s Mortal Kombat and about a week later that kid’s mom called my mom to make me trade it back.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

herculon posted:

I traded my Quackshot for another kid’s Mortal Kombat and about a week later that kid’s mom called my mom to make me trade it back.

that kid got owned

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sham bam bamina! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rdrkG9nzXw

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

NienNunb posted:

This game owned

The army dudes melting when you flame thrower'd them ftw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

this doesnt technically count because i didnt waste money on it but a guy i sort of knew gave me his copy of this one for free and in hindsight i should hve thought about that more

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got really into JRPGs on the SNES and then I decided I wanted a Saturn even though they had already announced FF7 for the PS1 at that point. I got this game which is one of the more generic RPGs I've ever played and had a translation by Working Designs including their stupid pop culture references. FF7 came out literally two months later, thankfully I eventually got a PS1

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Alberto Dyssey

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Cat Machine posted:

the video game that taught me video games could be bad

same. I said this exact thing on Twitter and the lead developer saw my tweet and apologised

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

Alberto Dyssey

Alberto D'issi: Legend of Gabagool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I got really into JRPGs on the SNES and then I decided I wanted a Saturn even though they had already announced FF7 for the PS1 at that point. I got this game which is one of the more generic RPGs I've ever played and had a translation by Working Designs including their stupid pop culture references. FF7 came out literally two months later, thankfully I eventually got a PS1

Woke: Monica lewinsky fail. -- Vic Ireland in the maguc knight rayearth scrip

Broke: This guy are sick -- overworked college freshman whose takeb a semester pf japanese and has to translate 500k words in 2 weeks from an excel spreadsheet

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The first game I ever bought with my own money was ape escape, instead of final fantasy 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ape escape pwns