Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

jesus loving christ I just managed to step on my big toe WITH THE FOOT IT'S ATTACHED TO

it caught the ground and curled under my foot and I put my full weight down and there was a crunch and just incredible amounts of pain :cry:

I screamed so much that I'm surprised no one called the police or came over from next door to make sure I'm ok

It's been half an hour and it still loving hurts like hell, but I don't think it's broken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Tip posted:

jesus loving christ I just managed to step on my big toe WITH THE FOOT IT'S ATTACHED TO

it caught the ground and curled under my foot and I put my full weight down and there was a crunch and just incredible amounts of pain :cry:

I screamed so much that I'm surprised no one called the police or came over from next door to make sure I'm ok

It's been half an hour and it still loving hurts like hell, but I don't think it's broken

Dispatching medical assistance.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Report: Anime now fully adapted to millennial humor.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Meme Poker Party posted:

Report: Anime now fully adapted to millennial humor.

then why am I not laughing? :confused:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Tip posted:

then why am I not laughing? :confused:

Because your toe hurts a lot.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Tip posted:

You should probably put an ice pack on it or something.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Internetjack posted:

You should probably put an ice pack on it or something.

yeah, I did that for a bit

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

it's been over an hour and it still hurts quite a bit :argh:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Ouch Tip. I drew something so I'm going to put it here in your friendly thread

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Spinz posted:

lol

This is great and looks fantastic. I remember seeing you post some far side-ish comics in another thread and enjoying them, but the presentation of this one is just on another level.

Got any big plans for these?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

also it's been 2 and a half hours and my foot hurts even worse now

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Tip posted:

Dang! No no plans. It's very like Far Side. I have to be more original.

Huh. If you can move it and bear weight you'd think not broken but that is very odd it's getting worse

So I don't know
:(

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Spinz posted:

Dang! No no plans. It's very like Far Side. I have to be more original.

I don't think it's a crime to be like the Far Side as long as the jokes are original. It's a currently underserved market.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Tip posted:

I don't think it's a crime to be like the Far Side as long as the jokes are original. It's a currently underserved market.

Thank you so much! I've lots of ideas...:)
Good luck with the toe, I'll check tomorrow and see what's up

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Spinz posted:

I told you this in confidence, how could you Spinz

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Tip posted:

Could be a sprain. Maybe talk to a doctor if you're somewhere that's a practical thing to do.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Spinz posted:

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Tip posted:

This sounds quite bad op. I hope you are feeling better this morning.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Tip posted:

There’s a good chance it’s broken, unless that crunch was the nail breaking internally.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

you must stop at once

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I haven't had anything physically painful happen to me in like two months, I think I'm due for something at least moderately painful to happen soon

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Meme Poker Party posted:

Dispatching medical assistance.

Heello snurse

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
what's the biggest 180 you've done on food as you got older

raw onions for me, i love em now.

180 i thought would happen but never did: tomatoes. cause i like them in salads and i had a really good eggs benedict with tomatoes the other day. but as far as in sandwiches and burgers and poo poo i still don't like them cause the texture is too off putting in those kinds of things imo.

eidt not raw onions by themselves im not sitting here eating em like apples

its_my_birthday fucked around with this message at 13:59 on May 14, 2021

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hmm... I don't think my tastes have changed much. I still hate most "chinese" vegetables. They're all gross. Bok choy, pea shoots, those fuckers with the yellow flowers or whatever. Hate em. Give me white people vegetables

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Thats a terrible opinion and I think less of you for having it.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Also its Friday Foodday, already thinking about gettin Fat tonight

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Big Beef City posted:

Thats a terrible opinion and I think less of you for having it.

I don't hate them enough to where I won't eat them if theyre on the table. I just won't enjoy eating it at all (my ancestors are still ashamed though)

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 14:04 on May 14, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm that way with water chestnuts, actually.
I'll still eat them I just don't really understand why people want something with the texture of "peeled and cooked radish, but without flavor". Hell, I even love actual radishes.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Bok choy and peapods own but water chestnuts and them little baby corns can suck my balls

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Also, prayers for Tip's dead toe. :rip:

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Big Beef City posted:

I'm that way with water chestnuts, actually.
I'll still eat them I just don't really understand why people want something with the texture of "peeled and cooked radish, but without flavor". Hell, I even love actual radishes.

poo poo no way, something about the texture of them is just wonderful.

My biggest turnaround was mushrooms. Hated em as a kid and now I stick them in everything I can and seek out rarer and more exciting mushrooms

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

My biggest food 180 is probably that I no longer enjoy macaroni and cheese. Loved it as kid, hate it as an adult.

You can tart up with bacon or lobster or whatever, but I ain’t eating it.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Prof. Crocodile posted:

My biggest food 180 is probably that I no longer enjoy macaroni and cheese. Loved it as kid, hate it as an adult.

You can tart up with bacon or lobster or whatever, but I ain’t eating it.

This is hotdogs for me. I just loving cannot, they make me sick to my stomach. More toppings help but sometimes I'll just taste the hotdog over everything else and it's not appealing. Same with bologna, as white trash both were household staples but I can't stand them anymore.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Brussels sprouts for me. Hated them as a kid. Called them "Martian heads". They were mostly just steamed on the stove or in the microwave.

Then I learned about oven roasted veggies; and the world changed. Things are delicious if cooked right.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

I haven't checked in on this thread in a while, but's it's anise and anise adjacent flavors for me.

Also love the Spinz painting

Also feel better Tip Toe

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
olives, feta cheese, tomatoes and brussels sprouts are the big ones for me.

still can't do most varieties of seafood beyond mild tasting fish, my brain just does not process seafood as something that tastes good no matter how many times I've tried crab shrimp etc

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I would NOT eat mashed potatoes as a kid, or anything with ground beef,

Now I will eat every potato and cheeseburger in sight

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

On that note, cheese. It was loving vile to me until I was like 13 then I was like "this is okay I guess" and now I can't get enough. Cheese please, give me cheese.

Turns out I'm just not a big cheddar fan though

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I'm trying to think if I have a food 180. I've always loved kind of everything with only a couple of exceptions. What I have noticed is I like sour more. Plain Greek yogurt is like my favorite thing and I will put anything in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Revins posted:

still can't do most varieties of seafood beyond mild tasting fish, my brain just does not process seafood as something that tastes good no matter how many times I've tried crab shrimp etc

Just curious, do you eat sashimi? I'm just wondering if its the...fishy kind of taste thats not doing it for you. I dunno if that makes sense or not.