Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/status/1392940655396204552?s=19

Gleyber has Covid despite being vaccinated and being infected last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

The Pussy Boss posted:

https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/status/1392940655396204552?s=19

Gleyber has Covid despite being vaccinated and being infected last year.

That sucks but is also entirely possible, with any luck the vaccine will spare him the worst of the possible symptoms.

Kirios posted:

I just remembered mcmagic saying Miguel Andujar would be an upgrade over what the Yankees have put out at left field this year.

He went 0-9 before going back to AAA, lol. He's cooked.

Andujar slashed .297/.328/.527, good for a 129 wRC+ over 600 AB's in 2018 and he was still only worth 2.8 WAR because his defense was just that abysmal. A hell of a feat.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Disclaimer that I’m a dumbass, but my understanding is the vaccine doesn’t stop you from getting covid. It just prevents the case from getting bad enough that you need to be hospitalized. I thought/hoped that having it would make you immune for longer than a half a year, but AFAIK we still don’t have a lot of good info on the antibodies.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bawfuls posted:

Don’t look now but the Dodgers have won TWO (2) straight games against a mediocre team

Hey this is what the Yankees needed too! Slumpbusting is slumpbusting!

Sydin posted:

That sucks but is also entirely possible, with any luck the vaccine will spare him the worst of the possible symptoms.

All 8 positive cases are asymptomatic now, one of them had symptoms for a day. Cashman said without the testing regime they would have never know anybody had it. And apparently most of the traveling party got J&J so this all kind of seems in line with what we were told about it insofar as the point was to avoid complications/hospitalization first and foremost.

EDIT: I saw that the CDC isn't even going to be counting breakthrough positives without hospitalization soon.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 13, 2021

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kirios posted:

I just remembered mcmagic saying Miguel Andujar would be an upgrade over what the Yankees have put out at left field this year.

He went 0-9 before going back to AAA, lol. He's cooked.

9 ABs isn't really a relevant sample size lol

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, the most sober comments I've seen say that the good of the vaccinations is that it kept this from becoming a much messier outbreak. Which has always kind of been the thing about Covid. People are gonna get sick. We want to minimize the number who get hospitalized and keep everything from getting overwhelmed.

But its also probably why people shouldn't be thinking in terms of "I got my vaccine, now I'm gonna go back to normal." The Yankees have walked back the loosened restrictions they had after they passed the MLB set threshold for vaccination.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/Joelsherman1/status/1392884415790043139

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Acuña x-rays negative. Pache going to the IL, Inciarte coming back.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

70 years from now Acuña is gonna die from heart failure or something, and still be hitting lead off the next day.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I hope so but lately I'm already mentally preparing myself for him to, sooner or later, lose the better part of a season to a broken hand the way he gets pitched.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
just checking in to see if anybody could update me on the yankees losses to the rays the last two days since they always lose to them

thanks

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

uggy posted:

just checking in to see if anybody could update me on the yankees losses to the rays the last two days since they always lose to them

thanks

They're losing now! They're dogshit! Disgrace!

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

STAC Goat posted:

i'm hearing that gleyber torres has 0 hits today

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Mike Bolsinger is suing the Astros for literally stealing his signs

https://twitter.com/Chandler_Rome/status/1392991217449795587

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

STAC Goat posted:

The yankees haven't scored 4 runs in a game in over a week. They are getting shut out by a 41 year old awful pitcher with a 5 ERA. This is a TERRIBLE offensive team.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 01:38 on May 14, 2021

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.

Hand Knit posted:

Lmfao, what lawyer signed onto this?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Hand Knit posted:

No way in hell he wins but it still owns

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
It's like...cute? But I can't see trying to expand trade secrets/IP law, as farcical as this attempt may be, as good or righteous. (I've spent enough time reading about music copyright law to know that even the most ridiculous claims can hold weight in the right circumstances)

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

bawfuls posted:

This is..... not the game I’d expect to see fights breaking out in the stands

https://twitter.com/b1ackschefter/status/1392900576913117188?s=21

Coors really inflates your SLG.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
why are these people not just getting stoned as hell and kicking back as god intended

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Tyler Rogers has appeared in 21 of the Giants' 37 games, and his ERA is 0.83, and he throws like 80 mph, and I don't understand how he does it.

If you aren't familiar with Tyler Rogers, this is him https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1393018012526022659

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
That owns so much.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
The All-Garrett battery getting it done

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I found out 10 minutes ago that Jarred Kelenick is from my general area

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

mcmagic posted:

The yankees haven't scored 4 runs in a game in over a week. They are getting shut out by a 41 year old awful pitcher with a 5 ERA. This is a TERRIBLE offensive team.

I have not seen Rich Hill pitch since 2019, but back then when he was on, his breaking stuff was ungodly and could make any team look bad.

Is this no longer the case? I’m not being facetious, I also haven’t seen a single inning of Yankees ball this season and I have no idea what they’re like either.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Yeah I won’t stand for this Dick Mountain slander. If he shut down the Yankees it’s cause he was feeling it that day.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Dipoto did an interview today and said the Mariners minor league vaccinated rate is very high, with their AAA affiliate being at 95%. But the major league team is only at 50%. Apparently minor leaguers that are vaccinated can get preferential treatment for getting called up since they don't need to get tested or do any contact tracing.

Sounds to me we just aren't incentivizing players enough!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Mustached Demon posted:

Coors really inflates your SLG.

:thurman:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

The Pussy Boss posted:

Tyler Rogers has appeared in 21 of the Giants' 37 games, and his ERA is 0.83, and he throws like 80 mph, and I don't understand how he does it.

If you aren't familiar with Tyler Rogers, this is him https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1393018012526022659

He loving sucks to hit against in The Show, too

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

MrMojok posted:

I have not seen Rich Hill pitch since 2019, but back then when he was on, his breaking stuff was ungodly and could make any team look bad.

Is this no longer the case? I’m not being facetious, I also haven’t seen a single inning of Yankees ball this season and I have no idea what they’re like either.

He came into the game with an ERA of almost 6.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He's thrown 31 innings

The previous 510 innings going back to 2014 he had a 2.93 ERA

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

He was pretty good for the Twins last year too

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
this is a good account https://twitter.com/mlb_cc/status/1393031968451870725?s=20

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I too am haunted by Casey Mize

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Intruder posted:

He's thrown 31 innings

The previous 510 innings going back to 2014 he had a 2.93 ERA

IcePhoenix posted:

OK Fine the yankees who haven't scored 4 runs in a game or more than 1 run in an inning in over a week and have like 4 guys in the lineup hitting around .150 are a great hitting team.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

He came into the game with an ERA of almost 6.

Like you realize how this insane this take is when his era is now 4.26 after an entire 6.1 innings right?? RIGHT???

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Like you realize how this insane this take is when his era is now 4.26 after an entire 6.1 innings right?? RIGHT???

Rich Hill at 41 years old shouldn't be shutting out supposedly good MLB lineup. He hasn't had a WAR over even 1 since 2018. He's not an elite pitcher!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

He has a 1.1 BWAR in 2019? And was 0.7 last year over that nonsense season.

Stop moving goalposts, friend.

RIch Hill has been good whenever he has pitched for like a decade now, he just is always injured (like the beginning of this year and last year and 2019!)

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

IcePhoenix posted:

One of the few times having mcmagic ignored almost boned me, because I thought this might have been about Tyler Rogers, and I'm like there's no way you don't know him and Taylor are identical twins. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rickiep00h posted:

One of the few times having mcmagic ignored almost boned me, because I thought this might have been about Tyler Rogers, and I'm like there's no way you don't know him and Taylor are identical twins. :v:

Taylor Rogers was also not pretty good for the Twins last year