Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

mediaphage posted:

it's so loving weird

people who don't like cilantro wear it as a badge of honor

like they're proud of having a child's palate and will instantly spit out a taco or pho that has some cilantro resting on top

it's like those picky eater groups being proud of their disfunction

like, people have food preferences thats fine, i'm not abig fan of carrots

but i don't go shouting from the roof tops "OH MY GOD CARROTS ARE JUST THE WORST I HAVE A SPECIAL GENE THAT MAKES THEM TASTE LIKE CILANTRO"

u just did. :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

fart simpson posted:

if all your electrons disappeared you would just become very conductive but you’d survive and be back to normal with a couple static electricity shocks to fill those electron levels back up

whoa guess I can do shrooms again. lol at knowing anyone to buy shrooms from at 35

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i am indifferent to turbulence

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
me2 but thats because i only fly first class and im usually way deep into jack and cokes by the time the plane takes off

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I like turbulence, it’s like going on a mini rollercoaster, which are great

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

usually it's fine but sometimes if it gets bad i worry that i will die soon

if i'm with the family i don't have time to worry though because ms jones does not like airplanes, so i'll be busy reassuring her that in fact we will not die

little jones hasn't been on a plane since he was 2, but when he did that he gave no shits about turbulence and lots of shits about moana

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Fortaleza posted:

I like turbulence, it’s like going on a mini rollercoaster, which are great

:same:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

the lil rollercoaster drops are fine. it's when you have several seconds of loosing altitude that you start thinking my earthly attachments would definitely make me sad if I left them right this second

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

KidDynamite posted:

the last time I seriously did a weed was flying out of denver to go to sf and we had bought way too much weed and edibles. so I ate like 30mg in the taxi on the way to the airport and then proceeded to silently freak the gently caress out as we flew over the rockies in turbulence and decided that planes where an affront to nature and that man's hubris in invading the air would destroy him. not particularly wrong but made me realize weed is just not for me.

then after that I took some shrooms and had recently learned of electrons randomly blinking out of existence. was afraid to fall asleep because what if all my electrons blinked out of existence at the same time and i never saw my now wife again? had to get my cousin and his now wife to come over and sleep near me to make sure i wouldn't stop existing.

give me some loving lsd though I love that poo poo.

drugs are a land of contrast you see.

i’ve done acid one or two times and mushrooms one or two times maybe TOPS but there’s always been ages in between them so difficult for me to contrast because they’re mostly the same

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

KidDynamite posted:

whoa guess I can do shrooms again. lol at knowing anyone to buy shrooms from at 35

grow them

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

i’ve done acid one or two times and mushrooms one or two times maybe TOPS but there’s always been ages in between them so difficult for me to contrast because they’re mostly the same

have you ever done recreational drugs using needles

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

mediaphage posted:

god drat it sliced pretty good into my finger while chopping fennel. it’s bled enough i could probably have used a stitch but a lol and b double lol during a pandemic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nffGuGwCE3E

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

oh jacques :3

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i can’t cook for poo poo but my wife really enjoys doing it. i think I’ll get her a good knife or knives for her birthday.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

President Beep posted:

my wife really enjoys doing it. i think I’ll get her a good knife or knives for her birthday.

im not gonna kinkshame but be careful, op.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

:grin:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

i was taught this while working summers at a salad-bar place at the mall

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

have you ever done recreational drugs using needles

how else do you smoke weed

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

President Beep posted:

i can’t cook for poo poo but my wife really enjoys doing it. i think I’ll get her a good knife or knives for her birthday.
my girlfriend got me a really nice chef’s knife and matching utility knife for christmas a couple years back and it was a v nice gift imo

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

knife recommendations? wiling to drop a few hundo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

fart simpson posted:

im not gonna kinkshame but be careful, op.
beep, sowing: what's she gonna do, stab me?
beep, reaping: mr. blobby i'm coming home 😵

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

President Beep posted:

find a local knifemaker and get something unique, there's not that much of a difference between knives of a certain price point beyond philosophy (e.g., western vs japanese styles).

also learn to sharpen or get a certificate for sharpening to go with, it makes a monstrous difference and most home cooks never bother

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Bloody posted:

chefs knives can eat poo poo. anyway here's my chefs knife

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

President Beep posted:

buy the tools and make one yourself. she’ll appreciate it

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

beep, sowing: what's she gonna do, stab me?
beep, reaping: mr. blobby i'm coming home 😵

lmao

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

mediaphage posted:

find a local knifemaker and get something unique

where do you think i live? the goddamn shire??

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

good morrow, iron monger! we are well met. one of your finest knivef the goodwife beep. post haste, or you shall feel the knob of my stave!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

what ho?! the mayor of michel delving is thine brother! this is dire news for master beep. dire news indeed...

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
pop down to artisinal knives r us

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

echinopsis posted:

pop down to artisinal knives r us

knave! you dare mock me in my sacred duty? have at you!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

President Beep posted:

knave! you dare mock me in my sacred duty? have at you!

i bought one of these when i was in japan and i like it. i use it regularly

https://mtckitchen.com/tsukiji-masamoto-carbon-steel-gyuto-210mm-8-2/

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

fart simpson posted:

i bought one of these when i was in japan and i like it. i use it regularly

https://mtckitchen.com/tsukiji-masamoto-carbon-steel-gyuto-210mm-8-2/

Yeah buddy, I bet you do.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
im a fan of wusthof knives and i have a big chef knife from them i love

i cant remember how much it was but i want to say about $200

as far as knives go people prefer the japanese style and some people prefer the german style

Apr 7, 2003

My wife has a bunch of Shun knives I should send out for sharpening because I figure I'd gently caress them up.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

the real pro move is to buy a $30 chefs knife and use it until it gets a bit dull, then toss it in the trash and buy a new one. use a heavy duty kitchen trash bag or even a dull knife will cut a hole in it

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My wife has a bunch of Shun knives I should send out for sharpening because I figure I'd gently caress them up.

you can buy kits that contain guides that hold it at the perfect angle for you and it makes it super easy

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

fart simpson posted:

the real pro move is to buy a $30 chefs knife and use it until it gets a bit dull, then toss it in the trash and buy a new one. use a heavy duty kitchen trash bag or even a dull knife will cut a hole in it
here's a cool easy strategy. also please be sure read this important caveat to it to avoid peril to life and limb

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

that’s cool if you’re just plain not interested in doing but if you want to give it a shot and do botch it I’d imagine it can just be resharpened correctly.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i sharpen my knives on a big ceramic sharpening stone with my

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

you can buy kits that contain guides that hold it at the perfect angle for you and it makes it super easy

I'll look but I'm confident in my ability to gently caress them up even with training wheels