Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Celebrating the last day before the Bulls are officially eliminated from playoff contention

https://twitter.com/malika_andrews/status/1393252282976940035

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

That's an absolutely nuts statistic. I guess the answer for the people wondering how they'll share the ball is to simply never have the three of them available at the same time.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
And that they're almost number 1 seed despite that

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Tae posted:

And that they're almost number 1 seed despite that

And despite being 24th in defense! Just open contempt for the idea of playing hard during the regular season as a team in the East.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

lmao

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Who are the teams that people are taking seriously as contenders, anyway? I feel like there's a bit of an odd mix this year where the top seeds (Utah, Phoenix, Philadelphia) get instinctively dismissed, while some of the more conventional favourites (Clippers, Lakers, Nets, Bucks) either have conspicuous flaws or hilarious failures in their past which seems to mean they aren't taken fully seriously. I dunno. Maybe that's just what it looks like from a distance.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

xbilkis posted:

Celebrating the last day before the Bulls are officially eliminated from playoff contention

https://twitter.com/malika_andrews/status/1393252282976940035

They'll be eliminated tonight when the Wizards beat the Cavs.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

:emptyquote:

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Wowzers

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

This is beauty.

Hand Knit posted:

Who are the teams that people are taking seriously as contenders, anyway? I feel like there's a bit of an odd mix this year where the top seeds (Utah, Phoenix, Philadelphia) get instinctively dismissed, while some of the more conventional favourites (Clippers, Lakers, Nets, Bucks) either have conspicuous flaws or hilarious failures in their past which seems to mean they aren't taken fully seriously. I dunno. Maybe that's just what it looks like from a distance.

This will probably be one of those years where matchups and injuries decides the winner and then we'll all say the Finals winner was obvious for whatever reason. That said, Utah should be the favorite more than they're given credit for. I just wouldn't take them over the field.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lmao

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I don't think being mentally shattered from people hating your old lady shoe counts as an injury

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Saving this one.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Hand Knit posted:

I think the betting odds are useful here:

Brooklyn Nets +240
Los Angeles Lakers +500
Los Angeles Clippers +550
Utah Jazz +650
Philadelphia 76ers +800
Milwaukee Bucks +900

The Nets and Lakers are similar in that treating them as serious contenders involves assuming we throw out a good amount of the regular season. Will the Nets be able to suddenly play defense? Will the Lakers be able to have their stars come back from injury and immediately beat the Jazz or Suns? I'm starting to roll the idea around in my head of LeBron and AD losing in the first round, and it's a really fun one, but it involves believing that LeBron is truly starting to fall off, and not just saving himself for the playoffs when he'll be just as good as he always is. We've never had a championship contender that is also a contender to completely miss the playoffs.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Warriors Defense Force assemble!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

You’ve been killing it my man

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

yee I want that Lakers play-in

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Cleveland, Toronto, Lakers and soon to be 2021 champs all confirmed to be frauds as nothing counts as long as Klay Thompson is hurt or sensibly not playing basketball during a global pandemic.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
Jeeesus that meme

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I feel like the Suns are better than the Jazz and Clippers in that tier below the Lakers for the west

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Last night was the maddest I’ve ever been at a basketball team

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WEEI/status/1393237066796789762?s=19

Is this supposed to be a difficult proposition

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Its WEEI.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Apparently my dad has had these since they were new and this is the first time I’ve seen them

evil_cheese
Sep 11, 2002
I AM A LIAR

Why do people listen to WEEI? I can't remember the last time i tuned it and wasn't instantly annoyed at what is going on it it. At this point it's more or less barstool-lite.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Bobby Digital posted:

Apparently my dad has had these since they were new and this is the first time I’ve seen them

That rules

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Bobby Digital posted:

I wanted these so bad when I was a kid

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

Last night was the maddest I’ve ever been at a basketball team

oh i just saw the sixers are only at 98.6% to get the #1 seed now... are you ok?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

oh i just saw the sixers are only at 98.6% to get the #1 seed now... are you ok?

I don’t live in spreadsheets and probability . I watch games played by humans and have human reactions to them

I’m not hip to the stats simulacrum created by fantasy nerds and Ivy League underachievers in other words

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

I put 10 bucks on the Sixers to win the finals a couple weeks ago, but last night was a good reminder that Joel, ben, and toby are still kind of the same dudes, just with a different coach. Regret bet.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

euphronius posted:

fantasy nerds and Ivy League underachievers in other words

🖥

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

evil_cheese posted:

Why do people listen to WEEI? I can't remember the last time i tuned it and wasn't instantly annoyed at what is going on it it. At this point it's more or less barstool-lite.

a couple years ago when I couldn't get enough targeted sports stuff I got podcasts of their drive time stuff because I really enjoy listening to people talk about my favorite teams, but even I didn't last more than a couple weeks.

I don't listen to any specific Red Sox / Celtics podcasts these days unless Bill Simmons' / Ryen Russilo's podcasts count, but the Patriots official team podcast, Patriots Unfiltered, is great, but they're also employees of the team.