Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you hitting monsters with?
Bow
Charge Blade
Dual Blades
Great Sword
Gunlance
Hammer
Heavy Bowgun
Hunting Horn
Insect Glaive
Lance
Light Bowgun
Longsword
Switch Axe
Sword and Shield
View Results

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Where's my xenoblade crossover stuff captendo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Junkie Disease posted:

Where's my doom eternal crossover stuff captendo?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Also bionic commando fits

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm a bit disappointed that the event quests so far haven't really been all that unique or special.

World's rotating system wasn't the greatest, but it felt like they had a decent amount, with a variety of flavors from "unique material for special weapons" to "haha jagras but bigger," to "this one is good for grinding HR/points/crowns"

Maybe in time we'll get there, but right now the pace feels underwhelming.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 13:23 on May 14, 2021

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

again, they're probably literally trying to get the 'we had to release the game without content we probably intended to have in at launch or very soon after launch most likely because of the global viral outbreak' stuff out of the way first

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
The crossover I want is a special Tetranadon that spits lava/fire and has a spiked shell because it’s actually Bowser.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Junkie Disease posted:

Where's my animal crossing crossover stuff captendo?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Spectral Werewolf posted:

The crossover I want is a special Tetranadon that spits lava/fire and has a spiked shell because it’s actually Bowser.

Do we get Mario Luigi Wario Warluigi and Peach layered armor? I guess Daisy can come too but does anyone actually want to dress up as Daisy?

Oh maybe we can get another monster to be Birdo and throw eggs instead of rocks / sludge balls

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

when everyone in the squad plays hammer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-INuS99s5Q

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

pixaal posted:

Do we get Mario Luigi Wario Warluigi and Peach layered armor? I guess Daisy can come too but does anyone actually want to dress up as Daisy?

Oh maybe we can get another monster to be Birdo and throw eggs instead of rocks / sludge balls

I want to dress up as Daisy. My hunter is beatiful and he deserves to be dressed up like a princess.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

pixaal posted:

I guess Daisy can come too but does anyone actually want to dress up as Daisy?

What the gently caress is this, Daisy owns

https://youtu.be/3NCyD3XoJgM

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
smh if you didnt play as daisy in double dash so you could spam "hi I'm daisy" and annoy everyone

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Lol, sub 2-minute Almudron: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZkBAv5MHlk

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Junkie Disease posted:

Yes, please.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Junkie Disease posted:

Only if my hunter can be Heropon Riki.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Junkie Disease posted:

Absolutely want this.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

PSA for anyone running into World's dreaded Err 12 crash: using That One Weird Trick from the internet seems to actually have worked.

Options > Display > Screen Mode / HDR - set this to "HDR Mode (Disabled)". This seems to be a form of Borderless Window but it seems to prevent the crash for whatever reason, along with disabling FidelityFX scaling - turned that to Off. With those two changes I was able to play for 3 hours or so with no problems. It's not clear if the FidelityFX disable is required, but I get a healthy 70-90 fps @ 3440x1440 even with that off, so I'm not fussed.

Another World PSA: The Decoration Drop Rate Overhaul mod for MH World / Iceborne seems to be working as well as ever. I think the only downside is not getting a chance at the 3 new decos they added in October last year: Diversion Jewel 3, Acrobat Jewel 3, and Shaver Jewel 3. This will give you the better decos right from the get go, so use its more moderate sibling mod if you'd still prefer to retain the deco grind. That too was updated around the same time and should only lack the same three jewels.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 16:36 on May 14, 2021

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Also ghosts and goblins monsters and outfits

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Anyone find a use of courage mode on hammer? Dunno why I'm bothering TBH when the bug smash is so good but well, y'know sometimes you wanna give the mons a chance

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Junkie Disease posted:

A rival in really bad combat dialogue approaches!

Anyways, we already have the Monado with the Almudron Switch Axe.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Voice pack that makes it Reyn time.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i joined an hr anjanath hunt. once i got to him, i was almost getting one-shotted bc i forgot to eat. so i went back and did that. then i got lost on the way back to the fight and it took me forever to find him/the crew. then he stepped on me twice as soon as i arrived and hit me with fire and i fainted. then i got back to him and he died but boy howdy did i get carried on that fight

felt bad

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
One of my first times doing a hunt in the volcano, I got lost trying to find my way to Anjanath after it changed areas. Happened upon another monster and managed to get a wyvern ride (after struggling for a bit) but I couldn't figure out how to get to anja. By the time I finally got there my timer was up and I immediately got booted off my ride only for someone to get our 3rd cart immediately after lol.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If your teammates were like me, they never noticed anything but the cart. And when that happened your name didn't register, their brains just went, "cart number one."

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope

Rascyc posted:

Anyone find a use of courage mode on hammer? Dunno why I'm bothering TBH when the bug smash is so good but well, y'know sometimes you wanna give the mons a chance

If your dodge happy like me it can be really fun to weave in and out of the monster while going through each hammer attack like some sort of dance routine. Though most of the time I just run around the Monster charging level 3 and Blanka Balling at them as soon as Im able.

Though I do wish they made Courage Mode charge a little bit faster to get to the two hit mode. It would be mechanically way more viable.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I've been expecting a Palamute Yoshi Layered set. Would be better if you could tongue up permanent buff birds for double effect.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Remember, the only time it is your fault if a hunt fails is is you are the third cart.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Captain Lavender posted:

I've been expecting a Palamute Yoshi Layered set. Would be better if you could tongue up permanent buff birds for double effect.
We desperately need this. Would boost palamute use drastically

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Tekopo posted:

Remember, the only time it is your fault if a hunt fails is is you are the third cart.

I nearly got really upset the other day because my first death on an Apex Mitzu hunt was the party's 3rd, and it was the result of getting hit by some stupid rear end clumsy flop attack that came from so far away, killing at me at what I was almost certain was full health.

Thankfully we seemed to have insurance. Mitzu died moments later.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Achmed Jones posted:

i joined an hr anjanath hunt. once i got to him, i was almost getting one-shotted bc i forgot to eat. so i went back and did that. then i got lost on the way back to the fight and it took me forever to find him/the crew. then he stepped on me twice as soon as i arrived and hit me with fire and i fainted. then i got back to him and he died but boy howdy did i get carried on that fight

felt bad

Don’t feel bad. People who ask for join requests are probably struggling themselves or are doing join requests to help noobs. Carts are expected.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m pretty much all in on Hunting Horn and basically this last week and a half has been joining random HR hunts and showering them with tunes. The amount of Kushala/Teostra/Rathalos hunts I get is…. Noticeable. So yeah, people really rather not do these hunts alone.

My last Teostra had 3 Hunting Horns lmao

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

I'm glad no one can yell at me during a hunt because I've definitely been the third cart due to a midair collision with Rathalos or other angry monsters while using the Insect Glaive. it's incredibly embarassing. Lol

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

If you weren't the first or second cart then the third cart is someone else using the safety nets so it's not even your fault really. It seems sort of treacherous but as long as you don't multicart you should have nothing to worry about.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

you never have to worry about disappointing people if you never hunt with other people!!

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Even if you use up the first two carts, it's really the guy who carted third that hosed it up for everyone.

And if you're the one who carted third, well, someone else used up most of the carts so it's only 1/3 your fault.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if you cart all 3 times then it is a sign that you need to upgrade your armor

if you cart all 4 times due to insurance then i don't know what to say but you really need to upgrade your armor and not jump into an sos again until you do

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I have been cart #3, there are times where Magnamalo will just fixate on you for a solid minute and just never let the gently caress up. Now I *always* eat for Moxie and bring a farcaster if I need to escape that bullshit. Sometimes poo poo happens, everyone carts. Everyone. Though there are more than a couple of shitheads who change their teammate carted message from "Don't sweat it!" to "GO BACK TO LR" or "USE POTIONS SCRUB" and they can just walk right into traffic.

Horace Kinch fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 15, 2021

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

So when are they adding wystones so we can fight these apexes more?

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Been playing World with the Light version of Schinkikamis Reworked Gunlance mod today and it's a blast.

It merges the 3 shelling types to have uncharged shells use Wide damage, charged shells use Long damage and full burst uses the Normal damage calculation. So you can do the full burst loop, poke-shell or charged shells from any GL and get the same effect as using a Normal, Wide or Long GL. Nerfs the damage a bit to compensate even though damage for any single shell type never exceeds the base damage for that type. But it's still stronger than base as you'd expect since being able to charge shell a rath out of the sky and then go full burst ham on it when it comes crashing down is pretty strong! Or use poke-shell and charged shell on Odogaron when its in run around mode but switch to full burst when the doggo inevitably trips.

It's very fun to be able to fluidly switch between the styles at will - like really fun. Highly recommended if you want to give World GL another run.

All lances show up as Long once you install the mod, but as mentioned the damage for each shelling attack depends on context and uses the damage calc for the GL type that uses that attack.

The mod also adds a few guard points most important of which is at the start of quick reload and the end of the full burst - all points at which the shield is held in front of you in the animation. Removes that annoying full reload if you evade and try to shell.

It's a very well executed mod. There's a non-Light version with changes that can boost damage a lot too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

And Tyler Too! posted:

Though there are more than a couple of shitheads who change their teammate carted message from "Don't sweat it!" to "GO BACK TO LR" or "USE POTIONS SCRUB" and they can just walk right into traffic.

Mine's been, "Tip your cart felynes!" since World. Those cats work hard, they deserve some recognition.