Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Eric the Mauve posted:

What kind of idiot even accepts Melnyk's business for anything at all? How can you not know what's coming?

Who's to say that 10 other yachts didn't turn him down.

I thought all of these Yachts and Cruise Ships and whatnot were operated and flag'd out of the Bahamas or Panama or w/e where the laws are very forgiving when it comes to liability for negligence. I mean does this company even respond to the lawsuit filed in Canada?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Are any of the Canadian teams owned by people that aren't just pretending they're rich?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just the Leafs.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Pungry posted:

Are any of the Canadian teams owned by people that aren't just pretending they're rich?

I think the guy / family who owns the Jets are legitimately loaded. 30+ billion dollars as a collective last time I checked?

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Starsfan posted:

I think the guy / family who owns the Jets are legitimately loaded. 30+ billion dollars as a collective last time I checked?

*Shouts TRUE NORTH as loud as possible during the anthem*

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/sunhornby/status/1393244892072136707

Hope somebody told Joe Thornton about this

I sincerely believe that Maurice saying this will manifest a crippling injury to one or both teams tonight

The Dirty Burger posted:

I cringe every time

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Starsfan posted:

David Thomson is the richest man in Canada but his role in managing the Jets doesn't seem to be significant.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

ThinkTank posted:

Melnyk is at it again!

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/eugene-melnyk-lawsuits-yacht-cruise-bahamas-1.6024743

Spent Christmas during the pandemic on a Carribean super yacht that coat $500,000 a week and is now trying to get out of paying by suing the company for $10m because there were rough seas.

No financial issues there, no sir.

I thought that said rough seats at first and didn't blink an eye

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Katz is worth several billion, and the owners of the Flames are very rich, a couple are billionaires.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

grassy gnoll posted:

Vexatious lawsuits have pretty strict standards for penalizing the person filing suit, and the captain's best bet would be to file a defamation claim before Melnyk does. Canadian courts and Commonwealth courts in general are wildly, absurdly in favor of plaintiffs in defamation cases.

lol down here in the states it costs an absurd amount of money to lawyer up and countersue someone bringing BS lawsuits against you and that is exactly what right people and corporations count on. A real good friend of mine got roped into a suit by an absolute shithead (former) client/bar owner and he named my buddy in the suit just to be a vindictive rear end in a top hat and it's going to cost him $30,000 in lawyer fees just to get out of it and he literally has nothing to do with this case between the tenant and building owner outside of forwarding some emails

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

David Thomson is the richest man in Canada but his role in managing the Jets doesn't seem to be significant.

Yeah he is just the financial backing. Chipman is the real owner, and the Chipmans are only car-dealer/Winnipeg real estate rich. Probably the team would fold if Thomson pulled out though.

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

So you're saying Montreal is a jam/instrumental psychedelic rock band

of Montreal is actually an indy psychadelic/rock band.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

The Dirty Burger posted:

Man..the last few games I went to, there was a one of those guys sitting a couple of rows away, but he would leave halfway through the first period and not return. Clearly a season ticket holder, but just to whoop during the anthem and leave?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
were they seats with club-level access? cause we basically do that at the junior major games around here. Go hit our seats for a sec then watch the rest of the game upstairs drinking booze and yucking it up with more elbow room

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Porty says the CBJ are in on Gerard Gallant and expected to ask VGK permission to interview him.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
All that'll do is drive up the price NYR ends up paying for him, which, y'know, that's cool too.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Final regular season stats for the CBJ's two major trades this season:

Max Domi: 54GP 9-15-24
Josh Anderson: 52GP 17-7-24

PLD with Winnipeg: 40GP 8-12-20
Patrik Laine with Columbus: 45GP 10-11-21
Jack Roslovic: 48GP 12-22-34

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
https://twitter.com/MattNHLHogan/status/1393216585792376835?s=20

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Huh. So Dubois had 1 for Columbus and Laine had 2 for the Jets for a total of 9 and 12. 4th pick in the 2016 draft, noted bust Jesse Pujujarvi beat them both with 15.

As a group, picks 2-4 scored 36 goals. Pick 5 Olli Juolevi scored another 2.

Matthews had 41 on his own.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

There appears to be a team missing

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

Final regular season stats for the CBJ's two major trades this season:

Max Domi: 54GP 9-15-24
Josh Anderson: 52GP 17-7-24

Jack Roslovic: 48GP 12-22-34

Who would have thought Roslovic would be the leading scorer of that bunch.

Cartoon Man posted:

There appears to be a team missing…

They got bumped for Carolina's backup.

Koth fucked around with this message at 12:38 on May 15, 2021

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Koth posted:

They got bumped for Carolina's backup.

Perfectly fair to be honest.

But to be honest every good goalie can be bad, and every bad goalie can be good, and no one really knows if a goalie is good or bad anyways. Much more concerning than goaltending are the Oshie/Ovie injuries and whether Kuznetsov is currently coughing his lungs up or just riding out a mild case of COVID.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Cartoon Man posted:

Two Knights, two Hurricanes, and Montreal's backup.

e: I think I will close this thread when the Canucks game starts.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Ovi is fine, he's just old and the schedule was brutal and they've just been resting him since the games stopped mattering.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ovi looked fine in that last game, not worried there. Oshie is mega concerning, Im afraid hes going to be rushed back to the ice tonight. Im still extremely disappointed in Kuznetsov but if hes good to go then he should play tonight regardless of rust. No idea if hes still going to be on the Covid list but we need him to get past Boston. Vanacek holds all the cards for a Caps win tonight, hes shown that he can stand on his head at times, just never consistently.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Cartoon Man posted:

Far be it from me to cast doubt on this list gifted to us by the Gods at NHL.com, but Bobrovsky on this list? Price? I will not stand for this Rittich erasure.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

There's still have a long way to go in terms of the defensive performance of the whole team being disproportionately awarded to/blamed on the goalie. Grubauer and Varlamov are not that good, Jarry and Campbell/Rittich are not that bad.

e: Also loving bizarre that Mrazek (.923 sv%, 2.06 GAA in 12 games) is ranked ahead of Nedeljkovic (.932 sv%, 1.90 GAA in 23 games). Or anyone else for that matter. Mrazek's long, long track record of sub-mediocrity is supposed to be a good thing?

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 15:27 on May 15, 2021

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Sway Man is better than all those losers.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Twin Cinema posted:

Far be it from me to cast doubt on this list gifted to us by the Gods at NHL.com, but Bobrovsky on this list? Price? I will not stand for this Rittich erasure.

Two $10M men ranked 11th.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Im not too concerned with Bob, if he has a bad game well just switch him out for Driedger who is essentially seen as a split starter by most people here anyway. The contract sucks but its not like hes a bad keeper, and hopefully Playoffs Bob will be showing up.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

There's still have a long way to go in terms of the defensive performance of the whole team being disproportionately awarded to/blamed on the goalie. Grubauer and Varlamov are not that good, Jarry and Campbell/Rittich are not that bad.

Campbells been excellent though? Like, hes a 2.15 .921 goalie, hes better than most of that list without even counting that his advanced stats are good. Theres no good reason to include random backups for other teams and leave Campbell off.

The Leafs havent even been a bad defensive team since Keefe took over (though theyre still not the best obviously), its just that Andersen fell off a cliff at the same time they started cutting down on chances against so the results havent followed suit until the back half of this season.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Wait, there's yet another regular season game tomorrow?

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Hand Knit posted:

Wait, there's yet another regular season game tomorrow?

Just wait until you get to Tuesday and Wednesday.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
And be sure to update your bracket depending on if Edmonton wins today or not. In the hour or two before the playoffs start.

Really is a cursed season, isnt it? Not that anyone will complain if their team wins it.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

EL BROMANCE posted:

I’m not too concerned with Bob, if he has a bad game we’ll just switch him out for Driedger who is essentially seen as a split starter by most people here anyway. The contract sucks but it’s not like he’s a bad keeper, and hopefully Playoffs Bob will be showing up.

I don't think Playoffs Bob means what you think it does. But, I also think we have two very different definitions of what 'worried' means because if the 10 million dollar a year and nearly 13 percent of my cap structure player is significantly sub league average I wouldn't be just worried....

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The lesson of Bob is not to get overexcited about a goalie putting up super stats in front of a team that plays elite defense.

Some team is going to overpay this offseason for Mrazek and I just pray to the forgotten gods that it's not the Penguins.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Imagine if Montreal did slightly worse and these games had playoff implications...

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Just wait until you get to Tuesday and Wednesday.

What the gently caress

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
i hate the canucks and i hate the oilers for playing koskinen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Two go-ahead goals that sailed over Koskinen's glove to the exact same spot in the net; probably a sign.