Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

The Perfect Element posted:

Anyone know how I make it so that my ps5 doesn't automatically power on when I (accidentally) select it as an HDMI input on my TV? It's super irritating, and completely unnecessary, a proper example of something being over designed, a SHAMBLES

only if you disable HDMI CEC/Simplelink, or ARC/CEC on your TVs end. But then you'll lose some of those features, like controlling the PS5 with your TV remote (if you care)

Settings > System > HDMI > Enable HDMI Device Link > Off

but yeah, it's kind of lame and would be cool if you could just turn off that feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Cant wait to make my lalafell into a hoonter

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i just wish my ps5 wouldn't turn itself off when it's in rest mode. if i wanted t off, i would've turned it off. i think it happens when i turn the TV off due to CEC, but i'm not sure

how can sony, who manufactures both tvs and ps5s, gently caress this up?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Achmed Jones posted:

i just wish my ps5 wouldn't turn itself off when it's in rest mode. if i wanted t off, i would've turned it off. i think it happens when i turn the TV off due to CEC, but i'm not sure

how can sony, who manufactures both tvs and ps5s, gently caress this up?

ehhh I know it's 2021 but with CEC you're still always gonna play the CEC/ARC roulette. You're lucky if it all works seamlessly.

I'm not sure why your PS5 is turning off, though, if you have it set to go to rest mode. Maybe when you switch inputs? It shouldn't. You can also disable CEC on your TVs end.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If anybody got subnautica free last month theres now a free ps5 upgrade for it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wish I wasn't desensitized to horror from playing a million horror games, because that part in RE8 just made me laugh. In a good way though, I thought it was awesome.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Vikar Jerome posted:

lmao :same: 10/10 section.

:yeah:

veni veni veni posted:

I wish I wasn't desensitized to horror from playing a million horror games, because that part in RE8 just made me laugh. In a good way though, I thought it was awesome.

I laughed a ton after but because it was the most absurdly unsettling thing I’ve experienced in a game in years lmao

I was so happy to get through it ahhhhhhhhh

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Was talking about this in the discord this morning - my Switch works perfectly with CEC, but the PS5 only switches to the right input if the TV is already on. If you turn the PS5 on while the TV is off, it will turn on but stay on whatever input it starts on. Doesn’t make a lot of sense really!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sony execs tweeting: 25 1st party games in production for ps5, half are new ip, 3rd party exclusives deals happening also

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

With a stand too?? gently caress, stop making me want to play an MMO

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

After 2 weeks of playing Returnal I am starting consider good use of haptics to be less of a good gimmick and more of thing I really wish all games would take advantage of. It's the first game I have really had the chance to settle into, since Astro is so short. And while I stopped actively thinking about them, the lack of good haptic support feels really glaring in other games when I switch back and forth. Like they are missing something. It's a really good feature and there needs to be more of an effort from non first party developers imo.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The haptics in Returnal are absolutely killer. Sometimes I lightly put my front teeth on the controller to feel what they’re doing with more detail and it’s absolutely insane how different and detailed they all are. Definitely more than a gimmick for me.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Me in House Benevento when I realize why it's full of empty closets.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

McCracAttack posted:

I feel pretty dumb, because I was going all the way around the entire hallway loop and thru the wall tunnel, before I noticed the closets you can hide in.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Real hurthling! posted:

Serious? Lol I just finished it last month. What does the PS5 upgrade do?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

McCracAttack posted:

haha I think that's what tipped me off. I was like "why can I hide under beds all of a sudden, and in this closet....ohhh. I know where this is going"

So when I turned the corner I was like "yup....Ok this is weirder than I was expecting"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Might be the excuse I need to start again but turn the hunger and thirst meters off this time lol

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Might be the excuse I need to start again but turn the hunger and thirst meters off this time lol

:hmmyes: game is much better that way imo

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

None of the articles I read addressed if the upgrade imports PS4 saves. Anyone try it yet?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Escobarbarian posted:

The haptics in Returnal are absolutely killer. Sometimes I lightly put my front teeth on the controller to feel what they’re doing with more detail and it’s absolutely insane how different and detailed they all are. Definitely more than a gimmick for me.

You feel it in more detail with your teeth than your hands...?

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Escobarbarian posted:

:crossarms:
Never thought about biting my controller

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Escobarbarian posted:

This is a very funny image lol, nibbling on a the dualshock

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Just from a quick perusal of Reddit, the ps5 Subnautica free upgrade sounds pretty broken? Performance mode is 1080 60fps with lots of screen tearing, quality is 1080 30fps and there isn’t many added effects. Doesn’t make sense maybe it’s broken or something.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

new thread title

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

RatHat posted:

You feel it in more detail with your teeth than your hands...?

I mean, your teeth have a direct connection to your skull and inner ear

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Exactly!!!!!

NO REGRETS MFERS even if this does become a thread meme

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

Exactly!!!!!

NO REGRETS MFERS even if this does become a thread meme

I think it's going to lead to all of us trying it

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

boz posted:

I think it's going to lead to all of us trying it

Well.. yeah. Not gonna lie, after the brief flash of ‘what the gently caress’ went through my head, im kinda curious now.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My favourite one in Returnal is when you try and dash in one of the areas where it’s disabled

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh so that’s why she bites it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

None of the articles I read addressed if the upgrade imports PS4 saves. Anyone try it yet?

Yes and no it doesn't

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

:eyepop:

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006

Blind Rasputin posted:

Just from a quick perusal of Reddit, the ps5 Subnautica free upgrade sounds pretty broken? Performance mode is 1080 60fps with lots of screen tearing, quality is 1080 30fps and there isn’t many added effects. Doesn’t make sense maybe it’s broken or something.

Yeah its pretty poo poo, been playing it today. Performance mode is awful, lots of tearing all the time and hugely unstable framerate. Quality is locked 30 but seems to be 1080p and no added graphics effects. Image quality on performance mode actually looks better a lot of the time for some reason.

Extremely disappointed, been waiting to play this since the upgrade was announced. It's also stopped me from buying below zero until I can confirm it doesn't also run like hot garbage.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Does it load faster?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

More lik Sub-optimal, honk.

Maybe if they fix up the PS5 version I'll finally get around to that game. Seemed cool but I forgot about it after like 3 hours.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I guess I’m gonna get one of the Midnight Black controllers as I’ll probably have completely consumed one of my DualSenses by the time it comes out

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I played Subnautica on PC but my save got so huge by the end of it due to individually saving every little bit of state in the world in tiny little files that the game started running like absolute garbage and just got worse and worse over time, and the only fix was to delete the files which wipes out your world state so all harvested resources and other stuff would be reset. I don't know if they ever fixed that but it never seemed like the most technically optimized game. Real shame too because it's great when it runs properly.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How does Outer Wilds run on PS5?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

JBP posted:

After leaving it for ages and not playing I've cleared 6 areas in demon's souls since yesterday. It's a rudimentary game from a boss and combat perspective but gently caress it's fun to explore, tool around with your stats and just look at the pretty scenery.

Exploring the world in nuDeS is some top-tier business. The environmental design in that game is outstanding, even the lovely poison swamp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

RatHat posted:

How does Outer Wilds run on PS5?

I thought it ran rather nicely, I can't remember anything particularly bad about the performance.